• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I now got Pokken. :yeahboi:

Gonna practice using Braixen and Gardevoir. :3

Found a few with Braixen + Emolga assist:

Down X, L, Up X > X/A. (166 Damage with Sunny Day buffs)
Lowest I got was about 95 on Sceptile. Gonna try and have some experimenting with other assists. :V

Fennekin Assist, Up A (156 Damage)

Last edited:

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Where's the vid for grand finals?

Cloud is def a tough MU for Zelda. Was considering maining Mewtwo for that now that he has more speed.
**** my b. Added to the post but here's the vod: https://youtu.be/cMYUBCfovP4?t=19m18s

Zelda always had a problem with disjoints, especially ones that don't have an awful amount of lag & are quite fast.

At least I can get by not knowing this MU lol. There's no Zeldas & if there is one I'll win the ditto LMAO

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Lol Greed. Heard he really dislikes me because I talk too much during my bracket matches.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I've been practicing some more combos with Braixen. :yeahboi:

She seems to be very good with Fast Assists. Found one that can do around 155 Damage with Emolga again.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I've been practicing some more combos with Braixen. :yeahboi:

She seems to be very good with Fast Assists. Found one that can do around 155 Damage with Emolga again.
he/she whatever was built for assists
half of her combos in the 'dojo' involve an assist for cancels

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
You know, I might just drop Bayonetta as a serious secondary and just use her for friendlies and stuff because with Sheik nerfs and Greninja buffs I really don't have any reason to switch out of the frog anymore lol

Might use Bayo if things are looking really dire as a last resort but that's pretty much it

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
Alacion Alacion

I haven't had the chance to play Smash 4 since Bayonetta was added, so I'm curious: why do you think the Zelda vs Bayo MU is that awful?

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Hello friends!
I know I don't post much (at all) anymore, but I checked in today and found out I've been here a year! Most of my posts have been in this thread so I decided to pay a visit. I had some good times here.

Hows everyone doing?

EDIT: or its a year tomorrow. Smashboards said it was a year today. Eh, doesn't really matter.
Bit of a late response but it's GREAT to see you again. Was wondering if you'd ever pop up again so it's nice to see you're still alive. Seeing your name always reminds me of the hunger games simulator we did way back when. Those were some good times indeed.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Almost done with my University Stuff. Got to do the Preparations, Making and Final Proposal for it.

So I'll be making my t-shirt tomorrow and hopefully putting all of my stuff together after I've finished with it and submit it.

Also, that one combo I did, I found out that Snivy does even more damage when used in it. Without buffs, I can get around 164 Damage. But with the Attack Enhanced buff, I do about 204 (Midair X, X, Snivy Assist, Midair A). I can change the Flame Charge (Air A) with Flamethrower, but you get less damage and it may not combo reliably.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Hi I'm coming back to frequent posting here rather than just occasional posting. How're you gorls doin?

Oooohh a matchup chart! I actually think Jiggs might lose to Zelda this patch, character has been 100% neglected by balance changes.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Hi I'm coming back to frequent posting here rather than just occasional posting. How're you gorls doin?

Oooohh a matchup chart! I actually think Jiggs might lose to Zelda this patch, character has been 100% neglected by balance changes.
Playing Pokken right now. And almost done with my University assignment.

And I drew this:

:secretkpop:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Swiggity swooty, Felicia's distracted by my fighter booty.

btw I'll never die bcuz I'm channelling Zelda's sass and Zelda always never SDs.

Real talk tho, I'm kinda glad both genders get l-lewd options. But the males seem more (muscular) lewd options because FE14 is Husbando Emblem.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Alacion Alacion

I haven't had the chance to play Smash 4 since Bayonetta was added, so I'm curious: why do you think the Zelda vs Bayo MU is that awful?
Kills Zelda really easily and she has so many movement options that it's hard to punish anything. Forces the approach which Zelda can't even do. It's also super easy for Bayonetta to land an attack during the 2 frame ledge snapping.

That said I haven't actually faced a good Bayonetta but I feel like a good one would completely trample Zelda.

D

Deleted member

I'm in denial so bad.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Flannel is carrying me in his big strong wolf arms.

And making friends.

Keaton's the superior version of everything.

Fighter.
Wolfman.
Friend.
Husbando.

Yeah Keaton's REALLY good from what I've used of him, which is a lot, because he's pretty damn good.
Kaden is a great mage murderer. TBH, the animal husbando/waifu squad are really good. But wolfies are better because despite their low skill, they get a passive 10% crit. Er, I THINK wolfies only get that.

Flannel isn't wearing flannel.

I feel betrayed.
His sheets are flannel, at least. Huehuehue C:

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Kills Zelda really easily and she has so many movement options that it's hard to punish anything. Forces the approach which Zelda can't even do. It's also super easy for Bayonetta to land an attack during the 2 frame ledge snapping.

That said I haven't actually faced a good Bayonetta but I feel like a good one would completely trample Zelda.
Yes, Bayo wrecks Zelda. I just got second in a small local (nothing too special) going all Zelda and I'm telling you I have never been wrecked this much in tourney before as this tourney's WF/GF where I went Zelda vs Bayonetta. Now I admit I'm not very good at the matchup and I know **** about her DI. But I go even at worst using Peach andbwhen using Zelda I get solid two stocked or even three stocked.

Im not saying its unwinnable but its definitely a very tough matchup for Zelda.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Kaden is a great mage murderer.
I read this as "Kanden is a great mage murderer." It's probably not wrong though.

His sheets are flannel, at least. Huehuehue C:
I won't believe it until I see it.

GET ME PICTURES! PICTURES OF SPIDER-MAN FLANNEL'S FLANNEL SHEETS!
Or some other proof from the game like in-game text, that'll work too.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Flannel isn't wearing flannel.

I feel betrayed.
Literally my reaction

but then he gave me his prized hairball and all was forgiven

he also brought Benoit a dead bat.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I'm going to make up goofy pokemon titles.
:4lucario: a Furry type pokemon.
:4pikachu: a franchising type pokemon.
:124: a 1940s racist stereotype pokemon.
:144: a Spanish number pokemon.
:106: a martial arts movie reference pokemon.
:079: an internet meme pokemon.

Gardevoir: a freaky 'rule 34' pokemon.
Kelfki: a 'we're not even trying anymore' pokemon.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon

842e92363da240982fe82b472914c1eb-d8hy2fm.jpg
an impossible to be more perfect pokemon

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Gastrodon: a Pokémon that's seen everything and doesn't care about what's happening currently.
Seriously look at those eyes.

Virtue

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TripleTriad
3DS FC
3609-1766-6115
I want to do something similar.

:039::Forever ignored
:073::Really annoying
:132::Everything you ever wanted
:082::Ever tried 13.2 times 3?

:097::Fun for the entire family
:136::Unfortunate movepool in combination with its stats
:113::Understandably difficult to catch, it's broken in gen 1
:086::Justification as how Pokemon always had some lazy designs
:001::It's secretly the best starter
:065::Necessitated the nerf to psychic types

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542

Unfortunately I have to go to bed soon otherwise I'd get more involved in this. But Klefki is apparently based on old legends that fairies would steal household items such as keys.

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
I kinda sorta made a joke about the sheik nerfs on the Sheik social and now their pissed at me.

They're so spoiled, at least their nerfs didn't become a crappy meme that would haunt their character forever

:150:

KarmaCastle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KarmaCastle
Ugh teleport recovery cancelling (which also applies to Quick Attack even though it actually just turns Pikachu into a PikaCake™) seems so risky but the rewards are so good.
Gorl I don't play Zelda for nothin'. If I win I'm going to win in style.

On a serious note, once you learn the 'sweet spots' of stages, maximum distance ledge cancelling is incredibly easy, safe, and reliable, and really can't be punished (you can literally act out of frame 1 because of the cancel mechanic) even if hard-read. Even if I've done it to an opponent often enough (I actually dair Peach in this same video out of a ledge cancel) that they expect it, they STILL have to react to it because I'm essentially hiding all my options. I can jump out of ledge cancel, I can ledge trump them, dair, or just nair to gimp weak recovery.

Ledge cancelling is incredibly vital to the longterm success of a Zelda, in my opinion. I try to ledge cancel even if it won't lead into anything because it WILL spook your opponent. Unless they're like, Zero.

Quick tip, on any FG or FD stage, it's a single step left/right of center stage. Same for T/C. Battlefield is standing on the left or right yellow lines that form the circle on the center of the field (left half > right side ledge cancel, right half > left side cancel, because the stage is smaller.) The other stages are harder to describe in text.

Last edited:

KlicKlac

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KlicKlac
Din's into combo tool confirmed.

I actually did a din's combo (against a peach, coincidentally) where I was fading in the air towards my opponent while doing a quick din's. The din's hit the opponent on the ground, which popped him into the air momentarily at the same time I landed on the ground in front of him, so I could quickly Fair him during the stun.

I saved a recording of it, but the patch quickly killed all my replays the very next day welp.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
yew know what happens when two of yew'r friends like pokken a lot
yew end up liking pokken
but i have no weeb-yew
halp

Top Bottom