• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Why is Myran so good at catching those 2-frame ledgesnaps damn

And those purple pikmin looked annoying as hell.

Poor Ed.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Welcome to my 8 years of maining zelda life.
...11 years
but then again, I never took smash competatively for a long time
pokken skill stats are activated online and in online ranked

ew this game sucks
well even if it did
that's like a 10% boost, not really game breaking. not nearly as bad as having a **** set in splatoon
It's property of the Tennessee State Government

showing a copy would be illegal, technically.

:150:
so would shooting you out of a cannon

(cringe)

Last edited:

KlicKlac

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KlicKlac
Why is Myran so good at catching those 2-frame ledgesnaps damn

And those purple pikmin looked annoying as hell.

Poor Ed.
Can someone get me caught on on this tournament? So Ed is playing zelda now? Got a link to the stream?

EDIT: Welp I just found it never mind! I missed Ed. How did he do?

Last edited:

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
Hello friends!
I know I don't post much (at all) anymore, but I checked in today and found out I've been here a year! Most of my posts have been in this thread so I decided to pay a visit. I had some good times here.

Hows everyone doing?

EDIT: or its a year tomorrow. Smashboards said it was a year today. Eh, doesn't really matter.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Finally stopped being lazy about FE Fates and am now on ch19 Conquest

I don't know how I feel about this map's gimmick...

edit: just kidding camilla and flannel are god
Tfw I never got past Ch. 13's preparation screen because I still couldn't decide which units I was going to use.

I kid you not I sat there for hours after we talked and couldn't decide

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Tfw I never got past Ch. 13's preparation screen because I still couldn't decide which units I was going to use.

we?
who is we?

Lavani

Indigo Destiny

It's ok, that's what I'm doing now after a few failed attempts at Ch20.

This stage's gimmick wouldn't be that bad if there weren't reinforcements practically every turn...

Furret

Long Body Pokémon

This stage's gimmick wouldn't be that bad if there weren't reinforcements practically every turn...
haven't play how difficult is that route/game?
like RD hard? surely not thracia hard

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
haven't play how difficult is that route/game?
like RD hard? surely not thracia hard
I haven't played RD (though I have it), but from what I've heard from others that's about where its difficulty is.

It's the hardest FE I've played at the least, and I love it.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I forgot if you played fe4
I played the GBA games, PoR, and Awakening. Didn't finish 6 or PoR.

Technically started 5 but didn't make any real progress; emulator crashes discouraged me. Still interested in playing it if I get a fix to that though (I think it's the english patch's fault, might just play without it and read a translated script later or something.).

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Technically started 5 but didn't make any real progress; emulator crashes discouraged me.
only crash probs I had were the heros in late chapters
what emulator/operating system you use?
I played the GBA games, PoR, and Awakening. Didn't finish 6 or PoR.
if you were to ask me for difficulty out what you have played, 6 is the hardest. Unless you did something stupid like hector hard
8/13 easy, although 8 does have the draco zombies
9 is literally just 2 really difficult boss fights at the end, even on normal they are rough

4/5/10 are harder then all of those

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
only crash probs I had were the heros in late chapters
what emulator/operating system you use?
zsnes on win7 and blargsnes on 3ds

had two crashes when the pirates showed up in ch2 and four after the boss of ch3 (none during 2x thank god)

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
we?
who is we?
Lavani

Oh no more gimmicks? The medicine and poison jars from the previous chapter gave me enough trouble.
"Should I try and use every jar to buff everyone up? Or just rush the goal before I run out of turns? Oh but then how will I take on the staff and bow users...and THERE'S A DRAGON VEIN? Great when should I use that...
*proceeds to think of 500000 different variables*

I was actually kinda mad at the end of the chapter since I was going to have Corrin attack the boss and tank it (gotta have that EXP) while my ninja went and got the chests. Thing is stupid Corrin had to proc Dragon Fang and kill the boss before I got to the second chest so I missed out on 5000 gold I really needed.

Stupid Dragon Fang! :glare:

Last edited:

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman
I am actually kinda curious if the invulnerability extension on Zelda's Neutral B will change her meta slightly.
Here's an analyses of Zelda I've had on the shelf.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zelda was supposed to be a precise defensive glass cannon. Her move set was flawed, because her defensive techniques couldn't be used to defend, and she didn't do enough damage to be a cannon. You had to be too precise to net any payoff.

Now she does real damage, you don't need to be as precise to get payoff, and her defensive moves actually protect her. Her design hasn't changed. It's just been made to work more how it was supposed to, and really, that's huge. Sure, she only regained some of her insane grab range, but that old range made her a borderline grappler, and she wasn't supposed to be a grappler. But she is supposed to have a scary enough grab game to mix up with dash attack and deter shield camping, and a strong enough jab/down smash to deter spot dodges and rolling, and a strong enough tilt to pivot around and smack chasers, and Nayru's love to deter projectile camping and stop her from getting smothered.

For the low and mid skill players, she's supposed to have enough smack to get by on single hits with tilts, f-throws, and punishes, while there exists those kill throws and difficult and precise high damage combos for skilled players. Likewise, she's supposed to have decent ledge guarding with the safe phantom and safe Din's Fire, but have good risky off stage spikes for the skilled players, made possible by Farora's range and her powerful down air. The trade off is that going on offence is really risky, and her truly rewarding play takes skill and precision, while she gets punished hard for failures. (Like the elevator.) She's fantastic with rage, but you're well past kill percent from anything then. I don't know if that kind of risk/reward style can ever be high tier, because gambits are inconsistent, and if you play too lame you're really just waiting for opening or hoping to force an approach with the worst projectile. But this patch is bringing us towards that vision. I like that design. It's fun and sassy.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
zsnes on win7
huh, I never had any probs with zsnes on windows for fe5 (those heros don't count). you weren't playing with elite mode were you? because nothing else really comes to mind, that could be super different
might just play without it and read a translated script later or something
you'd have to do that for chapters like 21-24 anyways, they never got finished

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Oh no more gimmicks?
Better get used to it, you're gonna see a lot of them.

Despite all expectations toward the contrary I always end up liking them though. They pick some good gimmicks at least.

The medicine and poison jars from the previous chapter gave me enough trouble.
"Should I try and use every jar to buff everyone up? Or just rush the goal before I run out of turns? Oh but then how will I take on the staff and bow users...and THERE'S A DRAGON VEIN? Great when should I use that...
*proceeds to think of 500000 different variables*

I was actually kinda mad at the end of the chapter since I was going to have Corrin attack the boss and tank it (gotta have that EXP) while my ninja went and got the chests. Thing is stupid Corrin had to proc Dragon Fang and kill the boss before I got to the second chest so I missed out on 5000 gold I really needed.
lol

I missed the armorslayer and short sword in that chapter, sadly. Decided I didn't care about the top left chest, but Pieri got Freeze staffed or something on the turn I was going to go in and kill Ryouma+the short sword guy, and without her extra damage I had to take just one. Buffed everyone with a couple vases at the start, then used Zero to snipe some debuff vases later in. I ignored the dragon vein in that chapter until the last turn to debuff Ryouma with the vases near him, until then they were too good for walling things out.

you'd have to do that for chapters like 21-24 anyways, they never got finished
ew

guess I'll just fix my problems and start playing pure japanese now then

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
ITT: Weebs talk about playing Weeb Emblem games that were never officially translated from the Weeb language.

kamui sucks
Lavani's actual opinion of Corrin in Smash 4.

Hey, Vanilla, are you capable of modifying the damage on individual attacks?

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Lavani's actual opinion of Corrin in Smash 4.
no just her upB

My Kamui in Conquest is like, Eirika tier (edit: maybe more like Eliwood). It's really depressing, I just pair her up with Marx now.

Hey, Vanilla, are you capable of modifying the damage on individual attacks?
yeah, that's super ez

only in 1.1.4 though

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
ew

guess I'll just fix my problems and start playing pure japanese now then
that's what happens when the 1 person willing to hack it, loses all their progress part way through.
Weebs talk about playing Weeb Emblem games that were never officially translated from the Weeb language.
you think I'm a weeb?
ha, you're pretty funny

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Just relaxing a bit before I start doing the Concepts on my T-Shirt Design. Afterwards, I have to do the Preparation, Making and Final Proposal. Along with an Evaluation too.

After that, I'm done, and I'll have a week off from Uni. :yeahboi:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Greninja and mewtwo are both good, I finally feel like I play with some hope now I can start winning stuff

I want to try the new sheik but all her mains have dissappeared....

(good riddance :p )

:150:

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:
Evening~

I've been labbing with Sora in SSF2. His combos are ridiculous. I can literally juggle people as long as I want using his side special. Downside is he can't secure a kill at all. His only reliable kill moves are S-smash, U-smash and fair. His grab is terrible but his backthrow does combo into u-smash.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Played against Cloud for the first time yesterday. **** that char.

Going all Zelda is so hard and these recent buffs felt so negligible. Got 7th out of something last night. Knocked out by Big D and a Cloud.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
no just her upB

My Kamui in Conquest is like, Eirika tier (edit: maybe more like Eliwood). It's really depressing, I just pair her up with Marx now.
Just wanted to take that quote out of context. :lick:

yeah, that's super ez

only in 1.1.4 though
Asking because I have the opinion that a good buff for Game & Watch would be buffing the damage on his strong FAir to 13% from 11.5%. It'd be cool if you could test at what percent Mario dies from 13% FAir at center stage.

Last edited:

frest123

Smash Cadet
Last edited:
Top Bottom