• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
There's no reason for you to be so obtuse
was born crazy can't help it
I meant hit the opponent after Bayo Witch Times them and then use a smash attack. Hitstun lasts forever during Witch Time, so good luck using Nayru's.
and what I meant is, you're not going to be in the opportune position to get the hits you want off of Witch time, in a world of optimization I could do light kick frame cancel to grab at low percents no prob, but it's not and that trick is hella hard. I will admit 80% more like 90% of the time after a witch time I will get punished for hitting it, but to say I have 0 options after starting a witch time would be a silly assumption.
Bayo doesn't act immediately after witch time, a good FAF or aerial shenanigans could easily be an exception.

and I know perfectly well hitstun in witch time is dumb
i'm yoshi now
nice trick, turn into a furret now

Last edited:

buzzard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BuzzardU
So I assume we can all agree that Zelda is no longer the worst character now
I don't think she's worse than Jigglypuff now, she's very likely better than Swordfighter and Gunner. I actually think her Nayru's buff was a significant one and even if one move doesn't suddenly make you a great character I do believe she could be considered bottom 10 now instead of the absolute worst.

But time will tell...

Last edited:

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
I don't think she's worse than Jigglypuff now, she's very likely better than Swordfighter and Gunner. I actually think her Nayru's buff was a significant one and even if one move doesn't suddenly make you a great character I do believe she could actually be among the bottom 10 now instead of the absolute worst.

But time will tell...
I disagree, I think Zelda is as good as Jigglypuff and definitely not better than the miis. Especially with customs.

Imo, she never was the absolute worst but she's still bottom 10.

But like you said, maybe I'll change in the future.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Afternoon girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Sorry for not being on for about a week, I was on vacation. My parents dragged me out, so I couldn't do much Uni work either for a while. I did take some photos though and made notes for my t-shirt design. So hopefully I can get all of that done.

And yes, I heard. Sheik FINALLY got nerfed in 1.1.5. So I'm proud of that. :yeahboi:

This reminds me... How's Gochiusa, EODM07 EODM07 ?

Cute. :secretkpop:

D

Deleted member

Zelda is far, far better than Jigglypuff.

Jigglypuff literally is terrible in almost every way compared to the rest of the cast. All she really has is her aerial game which doesn't work that great due to her end lag and the defensive mechanics in this game. Least Zelda has moves she can throw with distance like Forward Smash, and can actually meteor smash with down air, while also edge guard with projectiles. Puff has to literally commit to everything where as Zelda has more options and more diversity. The only real diversity Puff has is being able to crouch under projectiles, which doesn't do much for her. Puff also dies far quicker than Zelda and has no real "get off me move" where Zelda can warp away sometimes to create distance. And as bad as Nayru is, it still can reflect a predictable projectile move.

For Puff to be better than Zelda they'd have to actually change something with her in a balance patch like less end lag on aerials, some kind of grab combo into rest, and give her pound the distance it use to have as well as giving her more weight. Glass cannon doesn't work if it lacks the gunpowder.

Last edited by a moderator:

ketchupprecum

Smash Rookie
NNID
ketchupprecum
Oh crap, Naryu's vortex was the best.
Kirby and Zelda were buds and now that's gone =(

Also gorls, we know Zelda isn't suddenly good with just these buffs.
But you can't pretend these aren't significant buffs.

Ftilt became usable. Jab is beauty. Nayru's wins instead of trading badly. Uair has a hitbox. Grab is one of the biggest non-tethers. Pivots and perfect pivot grabs are huge again, if not as huge as the thing that almost made Zelda a grappler. Sheik was nerfed.

This was a great patch.
I'm really enjoying the grab buff. I used to follow dtilts into dash grab but now I can save some frames by doing just standing grab.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Jab is beauty.
What's so different about it? It kinda feels better because of the changed knockback values and more damage makes it worth using more (it's also a frame safer yay) but does it combo better now (if so till when and till what?) or does it have more stun now or something?

Ok Zelda is still probably absolute trash but we really need to lab this char more lol.

ketchupprecum

Smash Rookie
NNID
ketchupprecum
What's so different about it? It kinda feels better because of the changed knockback values and more damage makes it worth using more (it's also a frame safer yay) but does it combo better now (if so till when and till what?) or does it have more stun now or something?

Ok Zelda is still probably absolute trash but we really need to lab this char more lol.
I haven't been able to land jab > fair/bair since the patch at the usual %s. Anyone having luck with that combo?

Edit: or even jab > dair from ledge.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Looked up @Dabuz's video on the 1.1.5 Patch btw.

Apparently, he says Top 3 will be Cloud, Bayonetta and Rosalina. We'll have to wait and see though.

...Same goes with having to wait and see how good the Ace Attorney anime will be. :V

Rizen

Smash Legend
I can wii u wifi if anyone wants? It's snowing hard here so if I drop out without warning it's because my power went out.

D

Deleted member

OK thanks! Mine is super google-imageable, but I guess once I discover the meme culture here I may alter it :drshrug:
Just use what you like instead of using what everyone else likes, may get less attention, but least people who end up liking your avatar you chose will share something in common with your actual tastes.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Also, I finished both Project X Zone 2 and Super Mystery Dungeon.

I feel like it plays a lot better than PXZ1, most of the characters aren't too OOC. Although I do feel like Ryu did act a little bit OOC during the Unique Post-Battle Dialog with Maya. And Reiji asking Xiaomu to marry him was out of left field. But it's still fun, and I got more stuff to do; such as Challenge Mode and harder difficulties too.

Also, fun fact. Hideki Kamiya was asked if he'd like Bayonetta to be added into PXZ2, he turned it down as he wanted to have Bayo and Dante meet "on his own terms". But now he regrets it, but if there ever is a PXZ3, he'd be all for Bayonetta getting added into the game.

GOD I like this game. The fact that they made Attract almost as good as it was before is pretty cool, since it was a VERY good move back in Red/Blue Mystery Dungeon. I was very surprised that your partner was the one that leaves, not the usual. I am a bit diappointed that you cannot recruit more than one of the same Pokemon. So no multiple Joltiks for me. ;~;

It isn't as feels inducing for me, only time I did kinda get tears in my eyes was when my partner (Cyndaquil) and myself (Mudkip) were leaving Serene Village for Lively Town, and everyone wanted to say goodbye. That was really sad. :c

I just have to recruit EVERY single Pokemon now, and do the Treasure Exhibitions as well.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
I think that as of this patch, Zelda's still near the bottom but I'd isolate Jigglypuff in a bottom tier of her own, honestly.

Amongst all the top tier nerfs and low tier buffs she's gotten nothing and she is outranged by literally everyone in the game. She's stuck in hell. I thought this before this patch but now that 1.1.5 has dropped it seems absolutely definitive that she's staying this way.

Last edited:

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
I went on FG and literally beat a Ness by standing still and spamming Nayrus and Elevator.
Zelda is top tier against players who repeatedly dash attack to approach

Only the most competitive of players go on FG, right Sakurai? :secretkpop:
This isn't a diss, I'm a filthy scrub too. But yikes.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Zelda is still bottom 5 (and probs still bottom 3) lol

Extending Nayru's intangibility by 3 frames and giving her a few 1-2% damage buffs does not fix this dysfunctional character

I can't wait until the Zelda bandwagon ends and people realize she's still sh*t

Last edited:

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Zelda is stil bottom 5 (and probs still bottom 3) lol

Extending Nayru's intangibility by 3 frames and giving her a few 1-2% damage buffs does not fix this dysfunctional character

something something preach choir

buzzard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BuzzardU
I don't think anyone has said that she's even decent.

We all know she's bad, just not as bad as before.

zelda sucks
ganon sucks
zard is still kinda bad tbh imo
samus is decent now tbh
clearly the winner of this patch is jigglypuff

Last edited:

Noctiluca

Smash Cadet
Just use what you like instead of using what everyone else likes, may get less attention, but least people who end up liking your avatar you chose will share something in common with your actual tastes.
Good point! I do love Pokemon, so I'm sure I'll settle on one eventually; thanks for the advice!

ketchupprecum

Smash Rookie
NNID
ketchupprecum
If you could only change one more thing about Zelda in the next patch what would it be?

I want a bigger hitbox for sweetspot fair/bair/dair.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Zelda is still bottom 5 (and probs still bottom 3) lol

I agree with this. Although the buffs do feel a little nicer it really hasn't changed her position in the tier list much. It may give her the slight edge over puff and may make her even with a couple others but she's still Zeldawful tr4sh that no one should ever fear.

If you could only change one more thing about Zelda in the next patch what would it be?

I want a .7% damage increase on utilt

Last edited:

Noctiluca

Smash Cadet

I agree, but also less end lag after those moves, because with practice you can get those sweetspots consistently (see Fairess) but what makes the moves unsafe is when the opponent shields and you get punished hard

Top Bottom