• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Like...I honestly thought it wouldn't be an issue when I first picked :4corrinf: up, but I've died to low percent gimps as Corrin more in my first week of playing her than I ever have playing Rosa. You don't need something like Rosa's dair to beat it; dairs like Wario's can beat it too as long as you know where the hitboxes are, and even if you trade that just means you take 1% while Corrin loses her stock. Corrin just dies offstage without her double jump, Rosa doesn't.

So yeah, Rosalina's no-hitbox-no-invincibility recovery is so much better. I'll take distance (and startup) over hitbox any day.
My comment was partially facetious because it seemed like you were complaining more about the lack of invincibility and the hitboxes being only on the sides of Corrin. So I had to take a jab at that.

Launch Star is a very good recovery move for travel speed and distance but its lack of a hitbox is a real weakness. My character has startup, distance, a hitbox, an invincibility on his recovery :lick: Might as well take all four!

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
So have I finally ascended to greatness now that I've had the social titled after me?

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
#oop I guess you gorls weren't ready for round 2

Last edited:

Chez G.

Yay...
NNID
toomanygames64
Like...I honestly thought it wouldn't be an issue when I first picked :4corrinf: up, but I've died to low percent gimps as Corrin more in my first week of playing her than I ever have playing Rosa. You don't need something like Rosa's dair to beat it; dairs like Wario's can beat it too as long as you know where the hitboxes are, and even if you trade that just means you take 1% while Corrin loses her stock. Corrin just dies offstage without her double jump, Rosa doesn't.

So yeah, Rosalina's no-hitbox-no-invincibility recovery is so much better. I'll take distance (and startup) over hitbox any day.
I've just realized how similar Corrin's up-B is to Rosalina's. For one, changing the angle of recovery is a bit hard to get hang of.

Wait...
bruh.PNG

Either I've time traveled to 1986 or I've just missed the introduction of a new fad here as usual.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
My comment was partially facetious because it seemed like you were complaining more about the lack of invincibility and the hitboxes being only on the sides of Corrin. So I had to take a jab at that.

Launch Star is a very good recovery move for travel speed and distance but its lack of a hitbox is a real weakness. My character has startup, distance, a hitbox, an invincibility on his recovery :lick: Might as well take all four!
I mean, yeah, I was pretty iffy on how abusable Launch Star was before

but playing a character who sometimes can't make it back to the stage in a game where everyone can make it back to the stage sure changed my opinion on that quickly

FEAR ME MORTALS

something something monkey business

I wanted to replace Luma with Ganondorf but since she's an article instead of a playable character I don't think I can just swap files around

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
something something monkey business

I wanted to replace Luma with Ganondorf but since she's an article instead of a playable character I don't think I can just swap files around
Pretty sure I've seen an image where Luma has another character's moveset mapped to him. Even if he did get Ganon's moveset wouldn't all the damage be halved?

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Pretty sure I've seen an image where Luma has another character's moveset mapped to him. Even if he did get Ganon's moveset wouldn't all the damage be halved?
It shouldn't be, all the damage numbers displayed in Luma's data files are the numbers that show in-game. Only change would be that attacks would all have an extra startup frame.

I'm highly curious about this, only reason I haven't already tried it is because I get an error halfway through decrypting game files so I'm unable to swap everything. If you find it again pls send it my way.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
It shouldn't be, all the damage numbers displayed in Luma's data files are the numbers that show in-game. Only change would be that attacks would all have an extra startup frame.

I'm highly curious about this, only reason I haven't already tried it is because I get an error halfway through decrypting game files so I'm unable to swap everything. If you find it again pls send it my way.
I thought Luma's damage values were halved too. Guess I was wrong lol.

Here's the image:

Here's the twitter of who I believe to be the hacker. Best of luck!

i love how Kofu Kofu and Lavani Lavani are having a casual discussion about GW's up b while Lorde Lorde is faxing people his nudes
Hey, Game & Watch's Up-B is legit one of the best in the game. It's why I think Balloon High Jump would be a good custom (lacks invincibility, less flexible launch angle I think, can't act out of the move though) if Extreme Balloon Trip wasn't so absurd.

I get turned on more by good Up-Bs than nudes tbh.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I thought Luma's damage values were halved too. Guess I was wrong lol.

Here's the image:

Here's the twitter of who I believe to be the hacker. Best of luck!

I WASN'T READY

That looks like Luma's model swapped onto Mac though. I don't think the reverse is possible, is what I was saying.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
OH, so you want Ganondorf's model on Luma. Right? Can't you just do Luma's model on Ganon while still a part of Rosalina?
So apparently while I can't fully dump 1.1.4 due to it erroring out somewhere around the point of bayo's models (which isn't very far in), I can dump 1.0.0 and I guess I could just do something like replace Luma's model with Ganon's. I don't think I can replace Luma's movements though, so I don't think I could have a Ganon Luma that properly does Ganon usmashes or dairs, for example.

I'll have to poke around with it after I figure out why I can't properly dump the current version I guess.

EDIT: I'm reading stuff that says it'll work on Wii U but crash the game in 3DS :(

EDIT2: Actually I'm theorizing the swaps that crash on 3DS are the ones that are normally 30fps being swapped onto a 60fps player character or vice versa.

Last edited:
Top Bottom