• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
I prefer Brawlcario and PM Luc over Sm4sh Lucario, though I've been warming up to Sm4sh Lucario gradually. I play aerially-focused with him since all of his aerials are pretty darn good and I can take advantage of the momentum shifts of b-reversed Aura Sphere charges that way. I find Lucario to be pretty fun currently, but it wasn't the case for a long time and there's still a lot of things that I'm annoyed about with him (F-smash range nerf, insane endlag on E-Speed when you don't get the right angle, general cheapness...).

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I actually like his physics quite a bit, he's just too laggy for how much range he has imo

especially since that range doesn't have real power backing it until he gets close to kill percent, though in fairness he can kill with fsmash and bair even without aura
Characters with mobility like Luigi/Lucario (meh ground movement, floaty, poor air speed) feel awful to me. Can't function like that.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
*cryptic, spooky-esque voice* There will come a time when all of you can finally ignore me and not just by scrolling past my posts, but actually ignoring me, savvy? And when that time comes...

Yeah, I don't really care anymore. :p

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
omg my region is doing something horribly wrong! :023:

instead of trying to ban a banworthy character like zelda... they're doing a completely wrong movement!
Screen Shot 2016-03-12 at 12.39.19 AM.png

REPENT SINNER

Why do you want to know about Game & Watch? Do you find him fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun? :4gaw:
Yep!

Surprisingly. There's something charming about his weird hitboxes. I also got this weird attraction to his f-tilt. Idk why. Lol

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
why do you think fox is even against zelda?
she can more kill confirms against him that anyone else. she can gimp him very well. she has many combos against him. she out ranges him. the only real problem she has against him is really just speed and pressure.
Lol at Greninja being +3 against Zelda.
that matchup is horrible for zelda

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
i made a zelda mu chart

View attachment 99921

k thx bai
Not bad actually. Zelda is definitely even or worse against Mewtwo after his buffs, Greninja's probably a -2 rather than -3, Zelda's probably even against Roy and after that, I can see most things being the way that they are on the list. Fox is more likely -1 than even because of how great his neutral and advantage are in general, but Zelda does combo him pretty well and has good ways to gimp his recovery. Can also take advantage of rage pretty well if she doesn't get caught be d-air/n-air to U-smash or anything other random kill moves.

Also what makes WFT a -3 in your opinion? I can't remember playing that matchup, so I don't know how it goes.

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
*cryptic, spooky-esque voice* There will come a time when all of you can finally ignore me and not just by scrolling past my posts, but actually ignoring me, savvy? And when that time comes...

Yeah, I don't really care anymore. :p
In other news, Ffamran gives his birdy middle finger to the Falco boards.

Yep!

Surprisingly. There's something charming about his weird hitboxes. I also got this weird attraction to his f-tilt. Idk why. Lol
I've never totally understood why people say he has weird hitboxes since they more or less match the animations. Now, weird moves? Definitely.

FTilt is fun. Has a niche now unlike Brawl.

I've never totally understood why people say he has weird hitboxes since they more or less match the animations. Now, weird moves? Definitely.

FTilt is fun. Has a niche now unlike Brawl.
For me at least when it comes to his "weird" hitboxes, it stems from him having weird animations in general, I guess. I guess. I think GW is weird in general. U-air has a wind box, d-tilt has a windbox too, he's not helpless even after his up B.... but I love and embrace every single bit of it tbh

Oh and also, I checked his frame data in KH. A lot of GW's moves linger for a loooong time

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Not bad actually. Zelda is definitely even or worse against Mewtwo after his buffs, Greninja's probably a -2 rather than -3, Zelda's probably even against Roy and after that, I can see most things being the way that they are on the list. Fox is more likely -1 than even because of how great his neutral and advantage are in general, but Zelda does combo him pretty well and has good ways to gimp his recovery. Can also take advantage of rage pretty well if she doesn't get caught be d-air/n-air to U-smash or anything other random kill moves.

Also what makes WFT a -3 in your opinion? I can't remember playing that matchup, so I don't know how it goes.
we can beat her ledge camping, we're combo meat, they gimp us, we can't beat their pressure, oh and they can just run and camp the whole match.
Can you explain the +1 MU's please? What makes those advantageous in particular?
luigi, we can really Zone him well due to every thing being safe. we also gimp him well

samus, better frame data and we just do better in neutral. nothing from her really bothers us

villager, we can gimp him at mid percents and with love jumping, we can stop his fair bair follow ups and we reflect most of his moves, dins also help due to him not being able to pocket it

lucario, since we kill very early we can prevent him from hitting high aura

dedede, gordos are no problem for us and we can just lame him out

roy, we can somewhat zone him, also he's the weight where dthrow bair is guarenteed at kill percents. he also hqs a lackluster recovery

robin, his projectiles are easily reactable and we can punish him very easily. his recovery is very gimpable as well

jigglypuff, kills at 20% oos

bowser jr, he's easy to gimp, we can punish him and he can't do anything to our shield tbh

mewtwo, he's a big bodied light weight when zelda likes. we can kill him very early too

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
In other news, Ffamran gives his birdy middle finger to the Falco boards.

The boards died several months ago, so...

Also, this is weird, but the developers made Falco's eyes way too damn beautiful in Star Fox Zero. :p

Last edited:
lucario, since we kill very early we can prevent him from hitting high aura

jigglypuff, kills at 20% oos

mewtwo, he's a big bodied light weight when zelda likes. we can kill him very early too
like it's your opinion. that's cool

but you can't really conclude it to be zelda's advantage if your only reasoning comes down to early kills

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
like it's your opinion. that's cool

but you can't really conclude it to be zelda's advantage if your only reasoning comes down to early kills
well i mean we do beat out puffs aerials with nair and we can outrange.

lucario, well he can't really do anything at a low percent

mewtwo, haven't played enough so i assumed

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
Well we have reflector so we beat lucario ez and our across b gimps

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Alright SBphiloz4 SBphiloz4 , got WF Game 2 done, just need to type it up. Any other games you really want me to do?
Thanks sis <3

GF set, either game 4, 7 or 9. Don't have to do all of them, one is enough but if you want to do more, be my guest~. I think after Winner's though I did adapted quite well but perhaps some small things here and there can help. Thanks again!

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
For me at least when it comes to his "weird" hitboxes, it stems from him having weird animations in general, I guess. I guess. I think GW is weird in general. U-air has a wind box, d-tilt has a windbox too, he's not helpless even after his up B.... but I love and embrace every single bit of it tbh

Oh and also, I checked his frame data in KH. A lot of GW's moves linger for a loooong time
Glad to hear you're enjoying him. I mean, I think he's fun, but I'm a little biased since I've used him since Melee. Someone told me about this character who was "made of paper" and I've been using him ever since.

Yeah, lingering hitboxes are the name of the game with him. A little mad that FSmash lost its lingering hitbox from Brawl (he's holding out a torch, I would hope the thing's still hot), but even the four frames DSmash is active for can catch landings since the hammer heads have hitboxes the whole time. He's not great against most of the top/high tiers except Pikachu and Mario but he's fun nonetheless.

samus, better frame data and we just do better in neutral. nothing from her really bothers us
Have you looked at Samus's frame data lately? She's got great startup on most of her moves. And I'm not really sure how Zelda has a better neutral than Samus when she has Charge Shot and ZAir. Not saying it's a bad MU for Zelda but your reasoning is very flawed.

villager, we can gimp him at mid percents and with love jumping, we can stop his fair bair follow ups and we reflect most of his moves, dins also help due to him not being able to pocket it
The Zelda MU is annoying for Villager but I don't think it's in her favor. Not totally sure how you gimp Villager without hitting him too, though DAir's a good option for it.

dedede, gordos are no problem for us and we can just lame him out
Good Dedede players don't rely on Gordos, especially offline. He's a big target but his attacks have a lot more substance than Zelda's and he doesn't really mind challenging you in the air or poking you with jab/FTilt if you rely on Nayru's a lot.

He's also about twice as mobile as Zelda is, is very hard to gimp, and has better pokes and advantage.

One more thing--Fox. Yes, Zelda can combo him for days and can gimp him well. But so can practically any other character. His speed and pressure are just that good. Game & Watch struggles with him despite his better baiting moves and hitboxes, so I'd imagine Zelda has it even worse.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
The only characters Zelda has a tiny chance of beating are Jiggs and Ganondorf. And those are both still very debatable.

This Zelda cultism smh...

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
The Zelda MU with Mewtwo is even or slightly in his favor

Lucario has a slight edge over her too

Greninja ROFL stomps Zelda

:150:

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Hey gorls! I have some unfortunate news! My curiosity let me to ask Furil about hitbox visuals and it led to probably the first Smash 4 hitbox GIF that has made me rethink life.
Pac Man doesn't have a tether grab, so it should work.
I was curious, so I quickly rendered it. (I'm not entirely sure if it's correct, honestly)

Enjoy namco nightmare pacman

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Having seen the source of it animate I can clearly state that I did indeed grow a third eye temporarily and could see into all things terrible.
Hmm... So, one of those T's in "TTTTTsd" must stand for Tien? I bet it's the last one before the "s" since Tien's last name is Shinhan. :p

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Today's out of context pic, courtesy of Waifu Simulator: Fates
Screen Shot 2016-03-12 at 6.04.52 PM.png

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
tfw you lose your microsd adapter

edit: nvm i'm literally ******** it was in my computer's sd card slot with nothing in it

Last edited:
Top Bottom