• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I was trying to make shield bubbles display over hitboxes ingame

I'm not sure what I did but it definitely wasn't that

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

Nan... nan desu ka? (Yes, I've been delving into my inner weeb lately) O_O

It reminds me of this... monstrosity.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
pokken looks hella boring to me :/
it seems really weird and flowcharty idk

i also hate how long the hitstun/freeze frames are, it's really annoying

nintendo's gotta pounce on that esports money somehow because competitive splatoon was never relevant to competitive players and smash is too grassroots

Lavani

Indigo Destiny

Round 2: I still can't find shields but I found super scope bullets and figured "well people used them in Brawl, surely they'll work here"

and then I learned they aren't spheres anymore in this game

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Lavani Lavani

Given that you liked the source post you've probably seen this but I have to point it out all the same.

SolidSense said:
Corrin's Corrin's recovery has sufficient mixups thanks again to her reverses and stalls, and in several matchups I'd actually rather have Corrin's recovery than, say, Rosalina's.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I actually missed that line of it

"In several matchups" might be right, though I'm not sure what matchups those would be offhand

Like I said, I do love that it sharks the ledge, but it's a highly gimpable recovery in a game where nearly everyone can make it back to the stage.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I actually missed that line of it

"In several matchups" might be right, though I'm not sure what matchups those would be offhand

Like I said, I do love that it sharks the ledge, but it's a highly gimpable recovery in a game where nearly everyone can make it back to the stage.
Yeah, I did catch that it was "in several matchups," not all. Important distinction. The way he words it makes it sound like he feels that Corrin should be recovering high most of the time.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Kofu Kofu or anyone, want to wifi? I saw other Links rate the G&W MU as -1 and the Villager MU as +1 (Link) so I'd like to play those more.

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Kofu Kofu or anyone, want to wifi? I saw other Links rate the G&W MU as -1 and the Villager MU as +1 (Link) so I'd like to play those more.
Not tonight, about to go to bed, sorry. Some other time though! I feel we're pretty evenly matched in skill so I enjoy playing you.

When it comes to recovering in Smash 4 in general, I really think only Little Mac mains should be worried because he's the only one in the game with genuinely poor recovering options. Everyone else... well.... it ranges from passable to ridiculous. This isn't to say that Corrin's recovery is average or anything. If anything, it's pretty bad but it kinda qualifies as passable or maybe a bit more above that. Plus, she still has her b-air to help her recover back on stage which kind of helps

Edit: Her recovery is bad compared to rest of the cast. Don't get me wrong. I'm just saying, it's passable. That's all

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Huh, I was messing around in the online waiting room and I just realized something weird about some recoveries.

If you lose ledge invulnerability, drop down and use your recovery, some characters' recovery just doesn't autosnap like it does normally. I was trying to use Hydro Pump which normally would autosnap no matter how close to the ledge you are, but once I lost my ledge vulnerability and tried again, I had to be at a certain distance away from the ledge in order for it to autosnap or Greninja would just fly past it.

I tried this with other character and got the same results with Marth and Zelda. Was this a widely known thing that I just never heard about until now?

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Huh, I was messing around in the online waiting room and I just realized something weird about some recoveries.

If you lose ledge invulnerability, drop down and use your recovery, some characters' recovery just doesn't autosnap like it does normally. I was trying to use Hydro Pump which normally would autosnap no matter how close to the ledge you are, but once I lost my ledge vulnerability and tried again, I had to be at a certain distance away from the ledge in order for it to autosnap or Greninja would just fly past it.

I tried this with other character and got the same results with Marth and Zelda. Was this a widely known thing that I just never heard about until now?
When I first noticed it, I just assumed there was some sort of "can't ledge snap for X amount of frames" thing going on. It's actually screwed me up before due to me getting hit again and recovering too fast.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
as far as I'm aware, you can't immediately re-grab ledge after letting go and you can't grab ledge out of hitstun

Lozjam

Smash Champion
So I must ask, as I am curious.
Who here is picking up Pokken fighters?

It very much seems like the game that has more competitive potential than Smash. Also it is Pokemon after all. Which character do you guys like the best?

Ganondorf is likely to pick up this title after he completes TPHD 100%.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968

It very much seems like the game that has more competitive potential than Smash. Also it is Pokemon after all. Which character do you guys like the best?

Me! :p
Chandelure and Braixen look fun~

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533

I'm on mobile so my aim might be off

<--

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137

Pokken looks like it will have a ton of depth. Shofu's videos explain a lot about the game and are very informative. I think that the duel and field phases are really interesting to have and the shield mechanics are also pretty unique, though still somewhat like Smash and Sonic the Fighters.

I plan to main Sceptile because of his animations and ninja-like moveset, as well as the fact that I wanted him in Smash. Lucario, Mewtwo and others also interest me a lot.
I'm on mobile so my aim might be off

<--
Close :p

Last edited:

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
Pokken looks like it will have a ton of depth. Shofu's videos explain a lot about the game and are very informative. I think that the duel and field phases are really interesting to have and the shield mechanics are also pretty unique, though still somewhat like Smash and Sonic the Fighters.

I plan to main Sceptile because of his animations and ninja-like moveset, as well as the fact that I wanted him in Smash. Lucario, Mewtwo and others also interest me a lot.

Close :p
Crap really

Anyways pikachus angry (boss) face isn't my my thoughts on it, pokken looks amazing

Alias

Smash Apprentice
after like a million plays using Zelda, here's my matchup list

+1: Palutena, Samus, Ganondorf, Jigglypuff, G&w

0: mewtwo, Mario, boswer, marth, Lucina, DDD, Charizard, DK, Rosaluma, Ike, link, DHD, Falco, roy, peach, Luigi, doc, Lil Mac

-1: ness, pacman, fox, yoshi, shulk, corrin, Ryu, wario, WFT, bow Jr, olimar, villager

-2: lucas, toon link, metaknight, cloud, Pits, rob

-3: sonic, Bayonetta, shiek, C.F, diddy, greninja, ZSS, pickachu

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
o

does it have a different shield bubble for each hitbox?
ya

i just looked at bayo's ftilt3 though and it's simple enough that I can just draw it

I have no idea why that smaller hitbox is even there, it adds nothing to the move

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
>f1 grenades and gigantic utilt
nty

i'm glad he didn't make it back in

now all we need is for sonic to get removed

Top Bottom