• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
I, out of curiosity, decided to read the comments section and the video author had something to say. (Also I'm not even that far in and moves whiffing on a crouching Pika is something I could even apply to some of the best characters in this game LOL).

"Hey guys, forgot to go over her fair and bair... the landing lag is atrocious on them and the moves are hardly usable. If only they auto canceled."

OMG THIS VIDEO! IT'S NOT A BLINDSPOT IF IT REQUIRES THE SMALLEST CHARACTER CROUCHING TO AVOID IT! STOP THISSSS. Also I thought USmash or FSmash were her main killing options, isn't Up+B just something funny you can hit ppl with? I mean it's a viable tool to use as a surprise kill option but is it really her MAIN option for it? Can't dash attack steal stocks too? Note that all of the things I am saying here is coming from someone who doesn't even regularly play Zelda. Is this a sign?

Like, I don't mean to be a jerk but this video could've been a text crawl that said "Defensively strong character with no ways to control/force approaches" and it would probably have gotten the job done a lot better and not made me upset-ish. Asking for her Fair and Bair to autocancel is like asking for Falcon's knee to do that and stuff. They don't AC for a reason! Blahblahblahblah.

Also Lavani Lavani I am atrocious at labbing those but I can try. You might be better off asking someone else doe, I can usually only get rough numbers. You want me to test kill %s ON Cloud yes?

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
You want me to test kill %s ON Cloud yes?
Yes. And an average size Mii Brawler.

Take DK and kill with usmash, or Mewtwo and kill with uthrow, and let me know what percents all three of those characters die at.

Whatever stage/location/etc you want, just let me know where the numbers are coming from.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Yes. And an average size Mii Brawler.

Take DK and kill with usmash, or Mewtwo and kill with uthrow, and let me know what percents all three of those characters die at.

Whatever stage/location/etc you want, just let me know where the numbers are coming from.
Non Limit cloud (M2 U-Throw) - 143% - Omega Mirthgard No Rage
Limit cloud (m2 UTOSSSS) - 144% - Omega Midgar NO RAEG

Here papa. Not doing Brawler cause I can't tell if I have a Mii for the size of it. This should help you significantly I guess. Also done on WiiU ver.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Brawler's actually what I needed the most for a point of reference lol

I guess just use one of the preset miis, I don't think they're actually average size but w/e

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Non Limit cloud (M2 U-Throw) - 143% - Omega Mirthgard No Rage
Limit cloud (m2 UTOSSSS) - 144% - Omega Midgar NO RAEG

Here papa. Not doing Brawler cause I can't tell if I have a Mii for the size of it. This should help you significantly I guess. Also done on WiiU ver.
Wait, so UThrow is weaker when Cloud has his Limit active?

buzzard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BuzzardU
I, out of curiosity, decided to read the comments section and the video author had something to say. (Also I'm not even that far in and moves whiffing on a crouching Pika is something I could even apply to some of the best characters in this game LOL).

"Hey guys, forgot to go over her fair and bair... the landing lag is atrocious on them and the moves are hardly usable. If only they auto canceled."

OMG THIS VIDEO! IT'S NOT A BLINDSPOT IF IT REQUIRES THE SMALLEST CHARACTER CROUCHING TO AVOID IT! STOP THISSSS. Also I thought USmash or FSmash were her main killing options, isn't Up+B just something funny you can hit ppl with? I mean it's a viable tool to use as a surprise kill option but is it really her MAIN option for it? Can't dash attack steal stocks too? Note that all of the things I am saying here is coming from someone who doesn't even regularly play Zelda. Is this a sign?

Like, I don't mean to be a jerk but this video could've been a text crawl that said "Defensively strong character with no ways to control/force approaches" and it would probably have gotten the job done a lot better and not made me upset-ish. Asking for her Fair and Bair to autocancel is like asking for Falcon's knee to do that and stuff. They don't AC for a reason! Blahblahblahblah.

Also Lavani Lavani I am atrocious at labbing those but I can try. You might be better off asking someone else doe, I can usually only get rough numbers. You want me to test kill %s ON Cloud yes?
USmash is very risky, at least if you mess the Up B you can try to change direction. I use UpB more than USmash. Dash attack can kill but you need to sweetspot it and is very predictable and punishable on block so it isn't that great as a KO move. FSmash is probably her main killing move but it's still kind of "meh", many characters can dash attack against it and beat it (unless you do it against the final hit) and while it's KO power isn't bad, I don't think it is that good either.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I was shown this video before, and I hope it's not what people are being shown to bring knowledge to her all of issues :/ it feels like it's missing some pertinent things, and pushing some problems that aren't as relevant.

I also thought it had to have been made by a Samus main because it looked just like their complaint video.
I agree. It looks like it was made by someone who brought Zelda into training without learning to play her, or how to Dtilt.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Someone accused me of posting corn on their profile. .-.

Wat.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I found out that Roy's model also got ported to Garry's Mod just now.

And the person who ported the model made this image:

IT'S BEAUTIFUL.
Those sunglasses makes him look grandma-y for some reason.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
New Japanese tier list for V1.1.3

Some thoughts from me.

- This is actually the first time :4pikachu:is this high LOL
- Pretty surprised that :4bowser: and :4duckhunt: are still quite high, even higher than :4dk:
- :4link: is higher than :4myfriends:!?!?!
- JAPAN MUST BE HIDING SOME :4miigun:TECH WE DON'T KNOW
- I'm actually surprised of :4samus:'s placement, simply because I've seen more Japanese Samuses than :4lucina: or :4zelda:, so they would probably get better results?

It's a weird list IMO
Love that Duck Hunt is quite high in the Japanese tier list. :awesome:

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
OMG THIS VIDEO! IT'S NOT A BLINDSPOT IF IT REQUIRES THE SMALLEST CHARACTER CROUCHING TO AVOID IT! STOP THISSSS.
If you're talking about her F-tilt, it does have a terrible blind-spot and will miss almost any character at close range, regardless of their size or if they're crouching.

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Poor Rickster. I felt those KOs from Dedede :(. He was outplaying the Dedede too for a lot of the match.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
That was the absolute worst I've ever played. I'm still depressed that I SD'd with Din's Fail then got desperate and went too deep and SD'd again. As Zelda of all characters. The character with a god tier recovery.

This also reinforces my claim that DDD and Bowser are the banes of my existence.

Ugh I knew I would screw up a streamed match. Sorry to disappoint gorls :c

Last edited:
Top Bottom