• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
I play doc mario now
Two pages late but eyyy! Welcome and shiz.

Also glad to know this social thread is still holding up and is definitely still a place I can come to chill, I get the feeling this will never change though. Doc boards are quiet as usual so I might as well stick here.

You should check out the Falco boards; we're deader than dead.
For the record I'd rather the Doc boards be as dead as that and not "dead but with the occasional person coming in and saying he's bottom tier" when they forget Down-B exists or something LOL.

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Two pages late but eyyy! Welcome and shiz.

Also glad to know this social thread is still holding up and is definitely still a place I can come to chill, I get the feeling this will never change though. Doc boards are quiet as usual so I might as well stick here.
Im trying to make the doc boards alive, haven't you seen my comments on all the stickied threads there? Us docs really need a moveset data thread. But none of us know how

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Do I dare ask what a squid girl is? Of course I dare, what am I saying? I've braved Shin's shed and survived.
What a trooper.

My avatar is Squid Girl, lol. AKA Ika Musume. It's a manga and an anime series. Slice of life/comedy.
9e738a5da33fe6731296241dfb8c65c1.jpeg
You can see more clearly here how her hair are tentacles and she's all around squid-like with her hat and all that.

Her (in)famous catch tagline is de geso~ and she speaks in awful puns.

:093:

D

Deleted member

So I have now joined the other FE fans by setting my avi as Tharja in celebration of Fire Emblem: If's announcement. Tharja is my all time favorite FE character. She's beautiful yet very dark.....and violent.............I like it O u O

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
What a trooper.

My avatar is Squid Girl, lol. AKA Ika Musume. It's a manga and an anime series. Slice of life/comedy.
You can see more clearly here how her hair are tentacles and she's all around squid-like with her hat and all that.

Her (in)famous catch tagline is de geso~ and she speaks in awful puns.

Oh...well...that was underwhelming.

I think it says something about me that upon reading Squid Girl that image never even crossed my mind...literally.

Im trying to make the doc boards alive, haven't you seen my comments on all the stickied threads there? Us docs really need a moveset data thread. But none of us know how
Moveset data you say?!

...too bad Doc isnt relevant to my interests

Fireemblemfreak

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fireemblemfreak
3DS FC
3024-6545-1788
So I have now joined the other FE fans by setting my avi as Tharja in celebration of Fire Emblem: If's announcement. Tharja is my all time favorite FE character. She's beautiful yet very dark.....and violent.............I like it O u O
I hate her. I hate you. We can't be friends.

It wasn't meant to be if you like Peach anyway *runs*

jk I just can't stand that woman

Edit: If we're talking about FE favorites though, my profile would probably be Lucius and Raven or Chrom, Morgan, Lucina, and MU

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Talk about an unplanned wedding. :p
ya didn't think I'd be marrying a guy today either

It's a manga and an anime series. Slice of life/comedy.

Slice of life

Slice of life

Slice of life
It's about a squid trying to take over the surface world (due to polution) while working a day job, ON WHAT EARTH is that a slice of life

seems kinky but not as much as other characters in that game
also you're like a day late

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Oh...well...that was underwhelming.

I think it says something about me that upon reading Squid Girl that image never even crossed my mind...literally.
She invades Earth and wants to conquer humanity for polluting the ocean but SPOILERS she's really bad at it and she's SUPER KAWAII DESU~

You would hate it.

EDIT:
It's about a squid trying to take over the surface world (due to polution) while working a day job, ON WHAT EARTH is that a slice of life
um lmfao have you actually WATCHED it?

The whole series is like them hanging out at the cafe she's forced to work for and they get into wacky situations and Squid Girl learns lessons and is super endearing and etc. etc.

EDIT 2:
Just to further rub it in.

Screen Shot 2015-01-17 at 5.06.59 PM.png

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Moveset data you say?!

...too bad Doc isnt relevant to my interests
Hnnngg, me neither.

I would love to just be able to post this, but It'd need a rundown explanation before it could be taken on by oneself. <,<

If we had the know-how we'd definitely do it ourselves at the Doc boards! All like.......5 of us.
If any of y'all are really interested in know-how, I suppose I'd be willing to assist. ^ ^

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
For the record I'd rather the Doc boards be as dead as that and not "dead but with the occasional person coming in and saying he's bottom tier" when they forget Down-B exists or something LOL.
Yeah, I saw that thread about Dr. Mario being the worst character or something. It was kind of funny since when I checked the latest page and all of you were talking about his Tornado's priority or something.

The same thing happened at the Wii Fit Trainer boards while the Link boards got a lot of trolls and angry people - flamers?

Still, at least there's activity and a chance to argue, debate, and/or convince people that a character is viable.

Mostly what happens at the Falco boards is people talk about techniques and that's pretty much it. We had MU threads, but they got nowhere and were abandoned. I feel like jump-starting the main thread back, but the inactivity confuzzles me on what to do. It's like Falco's fight with raw skills and little to no MU knowledge. If we meet an unfamiliar MU, we just think on the fly.

Anyway, there's also people who play Falco, Dr. Mario, etc., but don't go to their threads. I saw @ Luggy Luggy - tagged because I kind of want drag him over here :p - in the Dr. Mario sucks thread and he said he likes playing as Zelda, but I never seen him come here for practice and such. I'm sort of at fault too, but it's mostly because Falco's my only main while every other character is used just because. Granted, it would be a great idea to learn like watching @Moon Monkey's Ike tutorials.

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Sounds like Invader Zim, or Excel saga.
I definitely describe it as Invader Zim-esque scenario but infinitely less grim, morbid, etc. and infinitely more adorable, innocent, etc.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Yeah, I saw that thread about Dr. Mario being the worst character or something. It was kind of funny since when I checked the latest page and all of you were talking about his Tornado's priority or something.
Yeah his Nado beats out a lot of things for a move that comes out on Frame 10 and can kill people at sub 90% offstage as an edgeguard (this was the shocking part). It's the only thing that makes him like, not bad IMO. The minute I added it to my gameplan regularly there was a HUGE performance boost.

Mkay, I'd love to help y'all out. ^ ^

@ Macchiato Macchiato and @ TTTTTsd TTTTTsd
Would it be better if I like, made a PT about this data stuff, (For any more of you interested) and we can talk there? Because it could get pretty lost in here, lol.
I would be okay with that, I'd be willing to try data-mining even if I am pretty BAD.

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
um lmfao have you actually WATCHED it?

The whole series is like them hanging out at the cafe she's forced to work for and they get into wacky situations and Squid Girl learns lessons and is super endearing and etc. etc.
I actually have, it's very kooky and entertaining, but nothing makes me think slice of life. You could argue a squid/girl thing is in very human situations, but her antics are far from everyday.

D

Deleted member

I hate her. I hate you. We can't be friends.

It wasn't meant to be if you like Peach anyway *runs*

jk I just can't stand that woman

Edit: If we're talking about FE favorites though, my profile would probably be Lucius and Raven or Chrom, Morgan, Lucina, and MU

THARJA IS AMAZING HOW COULD YOU HATE HER?! Haha jk I can see why some people don't like her......she's so violent.........^___^.....

ya didn't think I'd be marrying a guy today either

seems kinky but not as much as other characters in that game
also you're like a day late

Fireemblemfreak

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fireemblemfreak
3DS FC
3024-6545-1788

THARJA IS AMAZING HOW COULD YOU HATE HER?! Haha jk I can see why some people don't like her......she's so violent.........^___^.....

I don't hate her because she's violent, I hate her because she's creepy and she's obsessed with you and people like that? She's like the most popular female, besides Lucina. She also tested Hexes on her child, not okay, and Noire is so messed up because of her. Don't like Tharja, never will.

I have to admit she can be funny though

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
I definitely describe it as Invader Zim-esque scenario but infinitely less grim, morbid, etc. and infinitely more adorable, innocent, etc.

I can tell from the image you posted...god I think I'm getting diabetes just from reading that and seeing your avatar.

Yeah I'd probably hate it.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I actually have, it's very kooky and entertaining, but nothing makes me think slice of life. You could argue a squid/girl thing is in very human situations, but her antics are far from everyday.
Despite having the element of the supernatural, it doesn't take away from the slice of life nature. It relies on the character relations and routine as well as comedy to keep you interested. Her being a Squid Girl just makes her more "unique" and stand out as a main character. She handles things in unnatural ways, yes, but she's almost always dealing with very mundane situations (using her tentacles to serve customers doesn't change the fact she's still simply serving customers...) Plus, it helps revolve characters around her (people being weirded out, wanting to research her, etc. etc.) The show is insanely character-centric, like most slice of life.

If more of the series was actually centered around how she's trying to conquer humanity, then yeah. But most of the scenarios lead to really trivial day-to-day stuff, as she's still just a young girl. Her perceptions of things are so minor, plus there are episodes that straight up have nothing to do with her interest in conquering humanity, as she sort of becomes more tame about it as the series progresses.
I can tell from the image you posted...god I think I'm getting diabetes just from reading that and seeing your avatar.

Yeah I'd probably hate it.
It's great!
Tharja and Sully are the two best characters from Awakening. Only Gregor competes. Maybe Henry.
oh no is it FE:A debate time

Lon'qu is my husbando.

Last edited:
Yall who are interested in learning to data mine should hmu2. I got a wealth of resources I can forward you and explain if need be

BJN39 and I can be your science senpais

Last edited:

Fireemblemfreak

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fireemblemfreak
3DS FC
3024-6545-1788
Tharja and Sully are the two best characters from Awakening. Only Gregor competes. Maybe Henry.
Okay. The only one I like is Gregor. Henry is my least favorite character, I hope he dies. Same for Tharja. Sully is a close second. She's obnoxious and what's to be seen like one of the guys but then demands to be treated like a woman. wat. Also, she tries to steal my husbando. And her child tries to steal my other husbando. No. I would kill them both off if I didn't hate doing so.

Yall who are interested in learning to data mine should hmu2. I got a wealth of resources I can forward you and explain if need be

I would love to get into it, but I'm not really good at science or numbers. hue.

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463

The same thing happened at the Wii Fit Trainer boards while the Link boards got a lot of trolls and angry people - flamers?

Still, at least there's activity and a chance to argue, debate, and/or convince people that a character is viable.

Mostly what happens at the Falco boards is people talk about techniques and that's pretty much it. We had MU threads, but they got nowhere and were abandoned. I feel like jump-starting the main thread back, but the inactivity confuzzles me on what to do. It's like Falco's fight with raw skills and little to no MU knowledge. If we meet an unfamiliar MU, we just think on the fly.

Anyway, there's also people who play Falco, Dr. Mario, etc., but don't go to their threads. I saw @ Luggy Luggy - tagged because I kind of want drag him over here :p - in the Dr. Mario sucks thread and he said he likes playing as Zelda, but I never seen him come here for practice and such. I'm sort of at fault too, but it's mostly because Falco's my only main while every other character is used just because. Granted, it would be a great idea to learn like watching @Moon Monkey's Ike tutorials.
The Doc thread is a zombie. Time to time, people will come up, say the same thing like "UpB Out of Shield is great" or "Doc's recovery sucks". I would love to help this section to be bigger, but there's not a lot of Doc mains in general.

For :4zelda: itself, I play her a little. It's a good character, but she's too slow for my taste. Doc fits more playstyle as a slow character.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Where's Fujin? did the mods find him again?

I don't hate her because she's violent, I hate her because she's creepy and she's obsessed with you and people like that? She's like the most popular female, besides Lucina. She also tested Hexes on her child, not okay, and Noire is so messed up because of her. Don't like Tharja, never will.

I have to admit she can be funny though
2nd most popular? you telling me that fire emblem players like creepers?

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger

Fireemblemfreak

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fireemblemfreak
3DS FC
3024-6545-1788

Where's Fujin? did the mods find him again?

2nd most popular? you telling me that fire emblem players like creepers?
Pretty much. I'm not sure if she was number one or not, definitely number one for the adult/non children characters

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Have you watched Excel Saga? Also, I'm so happy I don't do anime anymore. I'll just stay content with my holy trinity thank you.
lol

Nah, I haven't. I'm assuming it's one of the only Elessar approved anime that I should watch?

I'm SO GLAD someone else doesn't like Tharja. I DON'T GET IT. ALL OF MY FRIENDS LIKE HERE. EVERYONE LIKES HER. IS EVERYONE IN THE WORLD SADISTS? Like, I'm down with masochistic tendencies but she's so excessive.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
lol

Nah, I haven't. I'm assuming it's one of the only Elessar approved anime that I should watch?

I'm SO GLAD someone else doesn't like Tharja. I DON'T GET IT. ALL OF MY FRIENDS LIKE HERE. EVERYONE LIKES HER. IS EVERYONE IN THE WORLD SADISTS? Like, I'm down with masochistic tendencies but she's so excessive.

Actually Excel saga is the first comedic anime I watched years ago. It's not great, and not a masterpiece. Just funny.

Besides Hayao Miyazaki movies and some OVAs (Like FLCL) I only like my holy 3 and would only recommend those.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
The Doc thread is a zombie. Time to time, people will come up, say the same thing like "UpB Out of Shield is great" or "Doc's recovery sucks". I would love to help this section to be bigger, but there's not a lot of Doc mains in general.

For :4zelda: itself, I play her a little. It's a good character, but she's too slow for my taste. Doc fits more playstyle as a slow character.
Eh, I still find it good to visit character threads and pick up tricks. Well, if you ever want to come back here, you're welcome with open arms. :p

At least the Doc has activity... Falco boards, man... Hmm, I should check on the Mii Swordfighter thread. I swear on me mum if those boards... I'll be back. :glare:

Last edited:
Top Bottom