• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
DAir1>force palm is true too. Or at least is close at high %/aura. And is pretty safe on shield since it had 9!!! Frames of landing lag.

Also using DAir to interrupt your rising jumps to land on platforms... And wavebounce aura spheres.

Edit: Zard is awesome. Rage the character. Flare blitz is an amazing move.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Dair1>Force Palm has to be at really dumb percents on both ends. Training mode doesn't have rage of course, but it isn't real on Sheik until both characters are at 170%

Zard sucks, pick a real character :4zelda:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Where are you getting those?
My brother got a rooster clock in his new house, so I found a similar picture online. Then I thought "Clocktopus" and Googled octopus clock then I made the best image my profile pic then said "Clocktopus".

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I have excitement.
But still why tf do we have to wait 2 months longer than everyone else smh

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Edit: Zard is awesome. Rage the character. Flare blitz is an amazing move.
I love to play the heavies including the lizard, but zard really is just awful. lacking so much air mobility it isn't even funny
I don't know how many gays do we have?
and not crappy ships that I would like to stop hearing about
I have excitement.
But still why tf do we have to wait 2 months longer than everyone else smh
no clue, noa seem to be dropping the ball a lot lately

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
How's it going gurls? Internet was being a :dkmelee:so I wasn't very active for a bit but I'm back now so it's all good.

Nice job on reaching 2500 pages~

All I have to say on PM is that I didn't expect it to get shutdown so soon and so fast. Funny how I picked it up a few weeks ago and now this happened. Didn't lose anything from it so it's no big deal though.

Also, it was nice to see ZombieBran again.

Anyway, it's nice to see a few of you are in the Christmas spirit with your festive avatars.
Hope you all have a good start to December. :225:

Flavius

:^)
NNID
TheEdgyOne
Dammit, I missed page 2500 and the 100,000th post!

Like, I wasn't even close smh >:/

Ah well, congrats to us gorls anyways

Last edited:

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Dammit, I missed page 2500 and the 100,000th post!

Like, I wasn't even close smh >:/

Ah well, congrats to us gorls anyways
It's alright gurl. I missed page 2000 and 2500 so it could be worse.

Also that gif is very appropriate at this time of the year.

That will be me throwing that Christmas tree if Wolf doesn't pop up in that smash direct later this month.

You gorls don't even know.

Earlier today, I was one bad decision away from posting twelve times in a row, so I could have post #100000 before anybody else
:secretkpop:

tbh i kinda wish i did

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
You gorls don't even know.

Earlier today, I was one bad decision away from posting twelve times in a row, so I could have post #100000 before anybody else
:secretkpop:

tbh i kinda wish i did
I support this. In fact I think you should post 99,951 times right now.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
The funniest thing about Undertale is that even though Asgore is definitely my favorite character, his battle theme is probably my least favorite.

Which is not saying much because goddamn why is Undertale's OST so good
I mean bergentrückung is WAY better than the actual battle theme

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Sadly, I never grew up with Samurai Jack. :c
Change that.

Change that now.

Gotta get back. Back to the past, Samurai Jack.
WATCH OUT!
Gotta get back. Back to the past, Samurai Jack.
Jack, Jack, Jack, Jack.
[repeat ad nausem]

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
TAKE 2
I kept telling myself I should go out and play in a tournament at some point, but I've been feeling less and less motivated toward it lately. I still identify bad habits that I never break and I autopilot so hard when I play the game, I feel like I deserve to lose against anyone that knows how to play the game and just get away with wins against people that don't know matchups and don't know how to adapt (supporting evidence: I still have my highest win rate with Dedede, king of abusing WiFi and an absence of matchup knowledge).

I guess basically I'm self-defeating because I already know what things I do wrong so I don't feel like I'll learn anything and I've still yet to break bad habits I've identified which seems like a thing I should do before I try playing in anything seriously so...
First & foremost you know more about your playstyle than most players, myself included, know theirs if you can at least identify bad habits in your game. I have to watch my videos back or get someone to tell me what I've been doing wrong unless it's something really noticeable (like coming back on stage from the ledge with Pound in Melee is a habit I've only quite recently broken, I've been using Puff since May).

Make a list of all the bad habits you have, but put it in order of what you want to change most & try to include as much information of that habit as you can (what's the situation, what are you doing, what is your positioning, what is your opponent doing can be included as well or something character specific etc.). Focus on only that habit until you break it then move onto the next one.

Wobbles did a blog about bad habits a few years ago which closes with:

"If you want to rework bad habits that have become automatic, you have to grind them out. Sometimes you have to revamp your entire form, or your entire mindset, and the process can take a long time, dosed with quite a a lot of failure to boot.

The fastest (and most effective) way to do this is to devote your practice to one thing at a time and don't concern yourself with overall success. Drills are helpful for this, rather than just sitting down and playing a full game of [whatever], because most games are divided into lots of parts with lots of interaction; if you don't drill a certain ability, you won't get enough practice on it through your game session. Our brains are pretty flexible, and they will change with effort, even when we're older. The trick is picking a singular element of your game and focusing on it ruthlessly until it's perfect, then moving on until it all falls into place."

It's important that you don't beat yourself up when you're breaking a particular habit. You gave yourself the instruction to avoid doing a particular thing, you then need to learn to trust yourself that you will let the changes to occur. Not try to make it happen, but let happen naturally. The Inner Game of Tennis always likes to talk about visualising desired outcomes, which is something rather difficult in Smash due to how many options that you are given in the game but it's important to take note of what they are in any situation. If you are aware of the other options that you can do in a situation, you can start mixing them up or present new problems that your opponent has to deal with.
Case & point: HungryBox vs Armada GFs at Dreamhack. I want you to watch the two games played on BF (both are Game 1s for their respective sets) & I want you to note what was the bad habit that cost Hbox the first game in the first set. Then watch Game 1 of the bracket reset & watch how he avoided this habit. I want you to work it out on your own, without watching Tafo's interview. That's cheating.

I want you to try a simple exercise (just for the record Alex, creator of Alex's Puff Stuff is the real MVP): I want you to make another list. And this will include all the qualities that you think that a top level player exemplifies. And name it "My Smash Bible". Always make sure that you refer to it time to time & edit it when something new comes into your mind.
"Keep breaking topics down further and further. Keep using your logician’s knife until you have specific things that are easy to practice."
Next time you play I want you to play the role of this top level player. I'm a director of a film, you've being employed as an actor. I don't care if you win or if you get JV3'd. I'm only interested on how you adopt the mannerisms of the greats & how self-assured you are with your skills as a player. You should look like when you're playing that everything is going absolutely perfectly for you regardless if that's what happening or not. You are playing a role. Really get into it.

And go to tournaments sis. Really. You'll be vastly mistaken if showing off your skills as a competitor is the only thing that happens at tourneys. You're forgetting the whole social aspect of what tourneys bring as well, an opportunity to make new friends & become a member of a community. You learn more about the game & maybe even more about yourself & you'll enjoy the game more with other people around who are more than likely willing to help you & you possibly helping them.

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
TAKE 2

First & foremost you know more about your playstyle than most players, myself included, know theirs if you can at least identify bad habits in your game. I have to watch my videos back or get someone to tell me what I've been doing wrong unless it's something really noticeable (like coming back on stage from the ledge with Pound in Melee is a habit I've only quite recently broken, I've been using Puff since May).

Make a list of all the bad habits you have, but put it in order of what you want to change most & try to include as much information of that habit as you can (what's the situation, what are you doing, what is your positioning, what is your opponent doing can be included as well or something character specific etc.). Focus on only that habit until you break it then move onto the next one.

Wobbles did a blog about bad habits a few years ago which closes with:

"If you want to rework bad habits that have become automatic, you have to grind them out. Sometimes you have to revamp your entire form, or your entire mindset, and the process can take a long time, dosed with quite a a lot of failure to boot.

The fastest (and most effective) way to do this is to devote your practice to one thing at a time and don't concern yourself with overall success. Drills are helpful for this, rather than just sitting down and playing a full game of [whatever], because most games are divided into lots of parts with lots of interaction; if you don't drill a certain ability, you won't get enough practice on it through your game session. Our brains are pretty flexible, and they will change with effort, even when we're older. The trick is picking a singular element of your game and focusing on it ruthlessly until it's perfect, then moving on until it all falls into place."

It's important that you don't beat yourself up when you're breaking a particular habit. You gave yourself the instruction to avoid doing a particular thing, you then need to learn to trust yourself that you will let the changes to occur. Not try to make it happen, but let happen naturally. The Inner Game of Tennis always likes to talk about visualising desired outcomes, which is something rather difficult in Smash due to how many options that you are given in the game but it's important to take note of what they are in any situation. If you are aware of the other options that you can do in a situation, you can start mixing them up or present new problems that your opponent has to deal with.
Case & point: HungryBox vs Armada GFs at Dreamhack. I want you to watch the two games played on BF (both are Game 1s for their respective sets) & I want you to note what was the bad habit that cost Hbox the first game in the first set. Then watch Game 1 of the bracket reset & watch how he avoided this habit. I want you to work it out on your own, without watching Tafo's interview. That's cheating.

I want you to try a simple exercise (just for the record Alex, creator of Alex's Puff Stuff is the real MVP): I want you to make another list. And this will include all the qualities that you think that a top level player exemplifies. And name it "My Smash Bible". Always make sure that you refer to it time to time & edit it when something new comes into your mind.
"Keep breaking topics down further and further. Keep using your logician’s knife until you have specific things that are easy to practice."
Next time you play I want you to play the role of this top level player. I'm a director of a film, you've being employed as an actor. I don't care if you win or if you get JV3'd. I'm only interested on how you adopt the mannerisms of the greats & how self-assured you are with your skills as a player. You should look like when you're playing that everything is going absolutely perfectly for you regardless if that's what happening or not. You are playing a role. Really get into it.

And go to tournaments sis. Really. You'll be vastly mistaken if showing off your skills as a competitor is the only thing that happens at tourneys. You're forgetting the whole social aspect of what tourneys bring as well, an opportunity to make new friends & become a member of a community. You learn more about the game & maybe even more about yourself & you'll enjoy the game more with other people around who are more than likely willing to help you & you possibly helping them.
Or pick up Ike and try to go solo-Dair every match. That's what I do and I'm ZeRo.

Oop, let that slip..,

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
But Jurassic Park already has dinosaur-frog hybrids
But no cuddles :(

Jk, that could suffice I guess. I could deal with admiring pseudo Yoshi from afar. I'd have to anyway since I'd be dead by the time this happens :skull:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
imma say this before i forget, I won a local yesterday with Swordfighter and Villager

Rizen

Smash Legend
I figure Yoshis are the Xenomorphs of Nintendo. The reproduce in a parasitic manor by turning their prey into eggs. Therefor all Yoshis are asexual.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Times like tonight I wish I lived with a Sheik. Computer Sheik is good training for some things, but it really annoys me when she just throws out a grenade in neutral and holds it as if it will do anything. Also whenever she steals my metal blade, she spams grenade and vanish with sparse needles and bouncing fish.

AI patch when?

Top Bottom