• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Nothing is more discouraging than never finding anyone worse than me on FG.

This character has very few things going for her. She can escape combos, not the you need to pull off combos against her, since she dies extremely early. All you have to do is space and zone her out until she's at about 80% and work on getting a kill. She has rest, which has no set-ups, and can only be used as a punish.
>mfw
upload_2015-11-27_13-28-12.gif

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
Oh, we're doing our bottom 5 yet again?
My opinion is currently;
:4zelda::4palutena::4jigglypuff::4ganondorf: and :4mewtwo:. I strongly disagree with :4dedede: and :4samus: being bottom 5. Samus I just want fixed, and Dedede is constantly underestimated by everyone. Both have a lot of potential and some really great strengths, just a few glaring flaws that really set them back in certain matchups. Meanwhile the bottom 5 just have so many flaws in general it's hard for them to compensate most the time. Even in a FFA setting these characters can easily get wrecked, except Zelda can just run away and teleport and repeat, and maybe Palutena could do something useful.

I can at least tell you that, based on the trailer, :4cloud:is probably not going to be bottom 5 just by design (even if his stock icon is bottom 5). Lots of range, disjoints, a projectile, and Limit Breaks. There's finally hope for me in the tournament scene (because Zelda's flaws like to show every time I attend a tourney). It's not my fault I like to use all the low tiers (with a few mids sprinkled in) and hate to play as the top tiers outside of casual play. Cloud I at least love as a character and have a history with, so I'm picking him up for the same reason I picked up Zelda and the rest of my crew. Compared to DOA, Zelda is my Phase 4 (glass cannon), and Cloud will probably be my Momiji (ol' reliable).

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
My bottom five is probably the same as Lavani's but maybe switching Charizard and Zelda because I'm not quite sure about whether Charizard really is that bad or not.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Oh, we're doing our bottom 5 yet again?
My opinion is currently;
:4zelda::4palutena::4jigglypuff::4ganondorf: and :4mewtwo:. I strongly disagree with :4dedede: and :4samus: being bottom 5. Samus I just want fixed, and Dedede is constantly underestimated by everyone. Both have a lot of potential and some really great strengths, just a few glaring flaws that really set them back in certain matchups. Meanwhile the bottom 5 just have so many flaws in general it's hard for them to compensate most the time. Even in a FFA setting these characters can easily get wrecked, except Zelda can just run away and teleport and repeat, and maybe Palutena could do something useful.

I can at least tell you that, based on the trailer, :4cloud:is probably not going to be bottom 5 just by design (even if his stock icon is bottom 5). Lots of range, disjoints, a projectile, and Limit Breaks. There's finally hope for me in the tournament scene (because Zelda's flaws like to show every time I attend a tourney). It's not my fault I like to use all the low tiers (with a few mids sprinkled in) and hate to play as the top tiers outside of casual play. Cloud I at least love as a character and have a history with, so I'm picking him up for the same reason I picked up Zelda and the rest of my crew. Compared to DOA, Zelda is my Phase 4 (glass cannon), and Cloud will probably be my Momiji (ol' reliable).
I may give Cloud a try in some friendlies online. Although I may not main him, since I'm a loyalist to Lucina. :V
I'm just kinda concerned about his FTilt which looks unsafe on block.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
:4palutena:'s good buttons are really good. She's limited, but she's capable.
:4mewtwo:'s power and range are way underrated, and Shadow Ball is Luigi fireball tier safety but way more powerful (potentially), and on a character that can reflect it again if it gets sent back.
:4charizard: has less power/safety(/disjoint in Bowser/DK/Dedede's case) than other heavies and his good OoS options were nerfed by shieldstun buffs. He is gimmicky, and if you respect his superarmor/invuln gimmicks he loses potency.
:4jigglypuff: can combo dair>Rest around 35%~45% and have it kill, as an aside.

I strongly disagree with :4samus:
I agree, people overly dwell on her lack of disjoint and ignore things like how good her combo game is, zair zoning, bair's kill power and range, nair's gimping potential, frame 5 killing upB that combos from falling uair at kill percent, etc.

can at least tell you that, based on the trailer, :4cloud:is probably not going to be bottom 5 just by design
I feel it's actually incredibly likely. He's looking like a more mobile Ike with a projectile, which probably means he'll have less damage to compensate, maybe more end lag, and Limit Break makes me concerned that he'll end up having to fish for gimmick KOs because his non-Limit Break kill power will be undertuned to compensate (Shulk Syndrome). His non-Limit Break upB also had like, no distance in the trailer.

I kind of hope I'm wrong though, I didn't play FF7 but "more mobile Ike with a projectile" sounds like a character I'd really enjoy.

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Cloud doesn't have a down tilt. For a swordsman, that's so so important. It's the one thing that makes me worried outside of undertuning his power due to limit break.

Side note: Mewtwo gets dirty dirty things done to him. I can't see him becoming anything but the worst character competitively as the game gets older and punish games get optimized.

Edit: this page is dedicated to Cloud's ridiculous dtilt that goes 3x as far as Mega Man's. Will it be good enough to replace a normal dtilt? Stay tuned.

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
:4palutena:'s good buttons are really good. She's limited, but she's capable.
:4mewtwo:'s power and range are way underrated, and Shadow Ball is Luigi fireball tier safety but way more powerful (potentially), and on a character that can reflect it again if it gets sent back.
:4charizard: has less power/safety(/disjoint in Bowser/DK/Dedede's case) than other heavies and his good OoS options were nerfed by shieldstun buffs. He is gimmicky, and if you respect his superarmor/invuln gimmicks he loses potency.
:4jigglypuff: can combo dair>Rest around 35%~45% and have it kill, as an aside.

I agree, people overly dwell on her lack of disjoint and ignore things like how good her combo game is, zair zoning, bair's kill power and range, nair's gimping potential, frame 5 killing upB that combos from falling uair at kill percent, etc.

I feel it's actually incredibly likely. He's looking like a more mobile Ike with a projectile, which probably means he'll have less damage to compensate, maybe more end lag, and Limit Break makes me concerned that he'll end up having to fish for gimmick KOs because his non-Limit Break kill power will be undertuned to compensate (Shulk Syndrome). His non-Limit Break upB also had like, no distance in the trailer.

I kind of hope I'm wrong though, I didn't play FF7 but "more mobile Ike with a projectile" sounds like a character I'd really enjoy.
As long as he has DSmash and FSmash, Cloud will be just fine.

DSmash looks legitimately stupid. Hypeee

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
When's Megaman x FF7 crossover game

As long as he has DSmash and FSmash, Cloud will be just fine.

DSmash looks legitimately stupid. Hypeee
Depends on its numbers, I'm not going to judge it until I know everything about it. Its startup looks good though.

If it can reach below the ledge at all I could see the first hit causing some hilarious stagespikes (should be possible on recoveries like Falcon/Rosalina regardless).

EDIT: I thought that said "DSmash and Dsmash" for some reason, herp.
I don't remember what his fsmash was.

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
Also on the lack of Dtilt: I think it's important for Marth and Ike but Cloud has limit break. If you stay out of his ideal space and don't pester him he'll just charge it for free. It's looking like Shulk if his gimmick wasn't crap and he had better frame data, basically.

I can't see the character being horrendous, at worst he'll be in the middle.

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson

Cloud looks like he will be heavily reliant on his Limit Break, but I don't think that'll necessarily be a bad thing. He looks like he'll need proper spacing and a way to get the enemy out so he can charge his limit. His frame data on most moves seem to be decent. Looking back at the trailer now, all his Smash Attacks seem to have a lot of knockback and hitstun, which makes me think he won't suffer from the Shulk Syndrome too much. He looks like he'll still be powerful despite his Limit Break mechanic. I think they probably just designed his flaw to be his recovery (which could be fixed by his LB) and some lagginess on some moves. I also don't think he'll play too much like Ike at all, but just have a few similarities instead. I just think it's really hard to determine how good he'll be right now, but I don't think he'll have to face a lot of the struggles that the bottom tier characters do. With disjoints, range, power, a gimmick, a projectile, and okay frame data, that doesn't seem like it'll make bottom tier material. We'll have to see how his grab game is as well, also weight/fall speed and combo potential. I don't think I'll expect him to be high tier, but I don't expect him to be low tier either.

Then again you never know how bad Sakurai can screw up, I mean, just look at :zeldamelee:, :zelda:, and :4zelda:. . . :secretkpop:.

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
When's Megaman x FF7 crossover game

Depends on its numbers, I'm not going to judge it until I know everything about it. Its startup looks good though.

If it can reach below the ledge at all I could see the first hit causing some hilarious stagespikes (should be possible on recoveries like Falcon/Rosalina regardless).

EDIT: I thought that said "DSmash and Dsmash" for some reason, herp.
I don't remember what his fsmash was.
Small windup (like 20F startup) but 3 hits. Great for catching armored landings or any landings at all because multihit.

I just think it's really impossible for him to be bad given what we know. Look at what it takes to make a legitimately unusable character in tournament in this game. We've seen relevant use of at least 40-45 characters including Dr. Mario, even if only as secondaries.

Despite top tiers being crazy good (nothing compared to prior top tiers if you don't count 64) it's really hard to be a stupidly bad character in Smash 4 solely due to its simple mechanics and high room for outplaying. I think this is probably (IMO) the most successful Smash game in terms of audience satisfaction. It has a strong, uncontestable tournament scene and it is an absolute BLAST casually, the most fun in the series for FFAs with items (IMO). That's an achievement I can't understate, and the reason so much of the cast is at least usable in some degrees is because of the inherent simplicity.

Last edited:

Sepia_Trace

Smash Cadet
NNID
SepiatoneLie
I think Cloud will be super duper fun to play as! He will make a good back-up character :)

Mr. ShinyUmbreon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0576-7060-3860
Hey ladies~
So I've been playing on anther's ladder a lot lately, I've been working on getting better. And I came across the most cancerous player ever, and I'd like to talk about him. His username is sonicpro56. When we started, he "I just learned how to b reverse" "I'm so good"
I responded with "hehehehehe keep telling yerself that buddy" In retrospective, that probably wasn't a good idea, though I was just messing with him.
He pulled out sonic; as you could have guessed. I could see this coming from a mile away and opted to go for my secondary: Mario, because I hate the Pit vs. Sonic matchup, and I after trash talking, I would rather not lose. So he used a lot of advanced techniques, like Perfect pivoting, and such. I played very defensively, pressuring with d-air, using neutral b to stop his spindashes and force him to shield. Most of the match was me bating out spindash with aerials, shielding, and punishing. it was a very close set the timer was ticking down, he shielded at the ledge, I went for the pivot grab, which meant my back was facing the ledge. And I b-throwed, ended his stock ONE SECOND before we went to time. In the chat I said
  • [2015-11-27 6:22pm] MrShinyUmbreonOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOh
  • [2015-11-27 6:23pm] MrShinyUmbreon I'm sorry
  • [2015-11-27 6:23pm] Sonicpro56 ***** cant even p pivot
  • [2015-11-27 6:23pm] MrShinyUmbreon but that was awesome
  • [2015-11-27 6:23pm] MrShinyUmbreon you mean like when I did that pivot grab and b-throwed you at the last second?
  • [2015-11-27 6:24pm] Sonicpro56 P PIVOT
  • [2015-11-27 6:24pm] Sonicpro56 Wait casuals dont know whaf that is
  • [2015-11-27 6:24pm] MrShinyUmbreon Also why do I need to do advanced techs in order to be good at the game? This isn't melee.
  • [2015-11-27 6:24pm] Sonicpro56 pathetic
  • [2015-11-27 6:25pm] MrShinyUmbreon Also not to mention, you LOST
  • [2015-11-27 6:25pm] Sonicpro56 This is an evergrowing meta. theres no decided play style
  • [2015-11-27 6:25pm] MrShinyUmbreon you can't talk **** when you lose
  • [2015-11-27 6:25pm] Sonicpro56 i can tho
  • [2015-11-27 6:27pm] Sonicpro56 So. may have lost but i can use advanced techs
  • [2015-11-27 6:27pm] Sonicpro56 wavebounce b reverse b reverse cancel
  • [2015-11-27 6:28pm] Sonicpro56 I await your slooooooowwww typing
  • [2015-11-27 6:28pm] MrShinyUmbreon Smash 4 is based around mind games and the neutral. All B-reversing and wavebouncing does is making you have trickier movement.
  • [2015-11-27 6:28pm] MrShinyUmbreon It's mix-ups. It's not essential
  • [2015-11-27 6:28pm] Sonicpro56 which. given the right character essentially boosts their chamces
  • [2015-11-27 6:28pm] Sonicpro56 ergo ryu, diddy and zss
  • [2015-11-27 6:28pm] MrShinyUmbreon Which doesn't benefit Pit or Mario in any way
  • [2015-11-27 6:29pm] Sonicpro56 with jab locking it will
  • [2015-11-27 6:29pm] MrShinyUmbreon When did Jab locking become an advanced tech?
  • [2015-11-27 6:29pm] Sonicpro56 f throw b jab punish
  • [2015-11-27 6:30pm] MrShinyUmbreon alright, let's just get on with the match
  • [2015-11-27 6:30pm] MrShinyUmbreon I'd love to see how your advanced techniques make you a full on better player
Next match, he opted to switch to diddy kong, while I stayed Mario. He used a lot of B-reversing with monkey-flip and the bannana. I played patiently, waiting for the right moment to start up a combo. While the ending wasn't as epic as the first game, but I ended up on top. He diddn't pull off a lot of his combos correctly, and he wiffed a lot of his kill set-ups.
  • m] MrShinyUmbreon I'm not saying that advanced techniques are worthless
  • [2015-11-27 6:36pm] Sonicpro56 no salg
  • [2015-11-27 6:37pm] MrShinyUmbreon They help diddy kong greatly
  • [2015-11-27 6:37pm] MrShinyUmbreon but they don't make you a great player
  • [2015-11-27 6:37pm] Sonicpro56 i didnt di ergo i was punished.
  • [2015-11-27 6:37pm] Sonicpro56 essentially idgaf but since you feed of salt
  • [2015-11-27 6:38pm] Sonicpro56 'DAMMN IM PISSED OFF'
  • [2015-11-27 6:38pm] MrShinyUmbreon Notice how because I worked on my combos and spacing, very basic things. I was still able to win every without at
  • [2015-11-27 6:38pm] Sonicpro56 ok
  • [2015-11-27 6:38pm] MrShinyUmbreon lol
  • [2015-11-27 6:38pm] Sonicpro56 done
  • [2015-11-27 6:38pm] Sonicpro56 bye
This is the feedback we gave each other
MrShinyUmbreon :Advanced techniques don't make you an amazing player, strong mind games, spacing and combos do however make you a good player. I'm not saying that Advanced Techniques are worthless, they help a lot of characters like Ryu, Shulk, and Diddy greatly. I noticed that you weren't getting your combos consistently. Sonicpro56 :F*cking play better

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Hey ladies~
So I've been playing on anther's ladder a lot lately, I've been working on getting better. And I came across the most cancerous player ever, and I'd like to talk about him. His username is sonicpro56. When we started, he "I just learned how to b reverse" "I'm so good"
I responded with "hehehehehe keep telling yerself that buddy" In retrospective, that probably wasn't a good idea, though I was just messing with him.
He pulled out sonic; as you could have guessed. I could see this coming from a mile away and opted to go for my secondary: Mario, because I hate the Pit vs. Sonic matchup, and I after trash talking, I would rather not lose. So he used a lot of advanced techniques, like Perfect pivoting, and such. I played very defensively, pressuring with d-air, using neutral b to stop his spindashes and force him to shield. Most of the match was me bating out spindash with aerials, shielding, and punishing. it was a very close set the timer was ticking down, he shielded at the ledge, I went for the pivot grab, which meant my back was facing the ledge. And I b-throwed, ended his stock ONE SECOND before we went to time. In the chat I said
  • [2015-11-27 6:22pm] MrShinyUmbreonOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOh
  • [2015-11-27 6:23pm] MrShinyUmbreon I'm sorry
  • [2015-11-27 6:23pm] Sonicpro56 ***** cant even p pivot
  • [2015-11-27 6:23pm] MrShinyUmbreon but that was awesome
  • [2015-11-27 6:23pm] MrShinyUmbreon you mean like when I did that pivot grab and b-throwed you at the last second?
  • [2015-11-27 6:24pm] Sonicpro56 P PIVOT
  • [2015-11-27 6:24pm] Sonicpro56 Wait casuals dont know whaf that is
  • [2015-11-27 6:24pm] MrShinyUmbreon Also why do I need to do advanced techs in order to be good at the game? This isn't melee.
  • [2015-11-27 6:24pm] Sonicpro56 pathetic
  • [2015-11-27 6:25pm] MrShinyUmbreon Also not to mention, you LOST
  • [2015-11-27 6:25pm] Sonicpro56 This is an evergrowing meta. theres no decided play style
  • [2015-11-27 6:25pm] MrShinyUmbreon you can't talk **** when you lose
  • [2015-11-27 6:25pm] Sonicpro56 i can tho
  • [2015-11-27 6:27pm] Sonicpro56 So. may have lost but i can use advanced techs
  • [2015-11-27 6:27pm] Sonicpro56 wavebounce b reverse b reverse cancel
  • [2015-11-27 6:28pm] Sonicpro56 I await your slooooooowwww typing
  • [2015-11-27 6:28pm] MrShinyUmbreon Smash 4 is based around mind games and the neutral. All B-reversing and wavebouncing does is making you have trickier movement.
  • [2015-11-27 6:28pm] MrShinyUmbreon It's mix-ups. It's not essential
  • [2015-11-27 6:28pm] Sonicpro56 which. given the right character essentially boosts their chamces
  • [2015-11-27 6:28pm] Sonicpro56 ergo ryu, diddy and zss
  • [2015-11-27 6:28pm] MrShinyUmbreon Which doesn't benefit Pit or Mario in any way
  • [2015-11-27 6:29pm] Sonicpro56 with jab locking it will
  • [2015-11-27 6:29pm] MrShinyUmbreon When did Jab locking become an advanced tech?
  • [2015-11-27 6:29pm] Sonicpro56 f throw b jab punish
  • [2015-11-27 6:30pm] MrShinyUmbreon alright, let's just get on with the match
  • [2015-11-27 6:30pm] MrShinyUmbreon I'd love to see how your advanced techniques make you a full on better player
Next match, he opted to switch to diddy kong, while I stayed Mario. He used a lot of B-reversing with monkey-flip and the bannana. I played patiently, waiting for the right moment to start up a combo. While the ending wasn't as epic as the first game, but I ended up on top. He diddn't pull off a lot of his combos correctly, and he wiffed a lot of his kill set-ups.
  • m] MrShinyUmbreon I'm not saying that advanced techniques are worthless
  • [2015-11-27 6:36pm] Sonicpro56 no salg
  • [2015-11-27 6:37pm] MrShinyUmbreon They help diddy kong greatly
  • [2015-11-27 6:37pm] MrShinyUmbreon but they don't make you a great player
  • [2015-11-27 6:37pm] Sonicpro56 i didnt di ergo i was punished.
  • [2015-11-27 6:37pm] Sonicpro56 essentially idgaf but since you feed of salt
  • [2015-11-27 6:38pm] Sonicpro56 'DAMMN IM PISSED OFF'
  • [2015-11-27 6:38pm] MrShinyUmbreon Notice how because I worked on my combos and spacing, very basic things. I was still able to win every without at
  • [2015-11-27 6:38pm] Sonicpro56 ok
  • [2015-11-27 6:38pm] MrShinyUmbreon lol
  • [2015-11-27 6:38pm] Sonicpro56 done
  • [2015-11-27 6:38pm] Sonicpro56 bye
This is the feedback we gave each other
MrShinyUmbreon :Advanced techniques don't make you an amazing player, strong mind games, spacing and combos do however make you a good player. I'm not saying that Advanced Techniques are worthless, they help a lot of characters like Ryu, Shulk, and Diddy greatly. I noticed that you weren't getting your combos consistently. Sonicpro56 :F*cking play better
Eh, you seemed like a d*** imo. It totally came across poorly. He doesn't sound like a pleasant person or anything, but you pushed him.

Mr. ShinyUmbreon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0576-7060-3860
Eh, you seemed like a d*** imo. It totally came across poorly. He doesn't sound like a pleasant person or anything, but you pushed him.
Fair point, I did act like a jerk to him. And now that I'm thinking about it, I started it...
Well, now I feel like an ass, if you'll excuse me. I'm going to listen to some mother3i music and play some shadow of the colossus.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Total amount of earnings I have earned in my Smash career

Sm4sh Zelda ($0.00)
- $5 loss against D3
- $5 win against Luigi

Sm4sh ZSS ($0.25)
- $0.25 win against ZSS

Melee Pichu ($6.00) *earned today*
- $1 win against DK + $5 pot bonus

I've been playing the wrong game the whole time smh

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Yes I did, I saved both of them. It's on the 3ds version though. I don't have a capture card or a webcam to record in decent quality. I could share them with you though.
Oh well. I was temped to join Anther's just to battle him and experience his salt for myself if it was the Wii U version. Still have to make an account sometime. :p

So my Oregon vacation is... interesting... Salt tasting and collecting is popular. Strange, but at least I'll be different flavors of salty when I lose. :secretkpop:

Top Bottom