• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I was at College for at least four years. First year was for Media & Digital Arts, then the next two years were for Games Development (I can tell you I didn't like this course. It was mostly written work and 3D Modelling, and I didn't want to do modelling. I was more content on sprite art or concept art), and my fourth and final year was Art & Design, which I really loved.

I mainly went with Art & Design for my final year, due to me being a huge manga/anime nerd. And I wanna try and make my own, but that'll take ages of practice and even getting the right material can be pricey too. :V

But I can say I enjoyed my time at College. Just trying to get into another University now.

And now I'm an angry flower.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Point isn't to say [insert literally any low tier character] is a good character, just not useless. Melee just has much higher standards for usefulness, but in Smash 4 [that character] has a much better chance to execute [his/her/its] gameplan without getting steamrolled. Just takes some practice and dedication. So saying [that character] is bottom 5 or will be in time generally shows a lack of understanding of what [that character] is capable of.
ftfy

Last edited:

Darktundra

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jokton
Hi gorls! Glad to see that all is well. I'm back after renewing my philosophy of smash 4 and my sole character Zelda. My goal is for all to remember my Zelda and to think her more than a poor character, some hard training and new techniques I picked up help me along the way. Now I find myself quite skilled regarded by many as the best in my town. But this isn't where I can stop and I know it; the best way I want to play Zelda is with the highest skill of rushdown/aggression, but in order to do so requires some of the highest precision known to smash 4. But still I feel when the day comes that I achieve this, there's still more to learn.
I'll expect Zelda to find her way up and to get there, I will play like any player before me. I may be a 17 yr old stuck in Houston, but i'm pushing the meta to the best of my abilities I ask all to do the same.
P.S. Nayru's Love sucks just use it for a landing option.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I don't like your tone missy. And I could say how most of you are ones to talk about how trashy characters are, or go into why I personally think Zelda is considerably worse than Mewtwo. But I'm not that kind of guy. At the end of the day we're all just playing the characters we like and finding things that make them work, and shouldn't judge others based on their choices or opinions. Criticism is fine, as long as you can back it up.

To Darktundra Darktundra I wish you the best in your endeavors.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I don't like your tone missy. And I could say how most of you are ones to talk about how trashy characters are, or go into why I personally think Zelda is considerably worse than Mewtwo. But I'm not that kind of guy. At the end of the day we're all just playing the characters we like and finding things that make them work, and shouldn't judge others based on their choices or opinions. Criticism is fine, as long as you can back it up.

To Darktundra Darktundra I wish you the best in your endeavors.
lmao zelda is considerably worse than mewtwo tho it has always been accepted reality here

:4mewtwo:has a ton of tools, yes. :4palutena: has a ton of tools, :4bowser: has tools. Heck, :4zelda: has tools. MELEE :pichumelee: HAS TOOLS.

but just because characters may have some great tools doesn't mean a bottom 5 just cannot exist in the game. There must have characters who just unfortunately have enough crippling weaknesses that make them less viable than the rest of the cast. You WILL be a low/bottom tier character if you don't produce results and have weaknesses that are abusable by the majority of the cast.

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
KO Power, sure. KO options? Not so much. USmash, FAir, and UAir are his main KO moves and with the exception of UAir they take some planning/reads in most situations.

Yoshi has been maligned since the beginning of Smash 4, but ever since I realized that most of his moves have slow(ish) startup but low end lag he's been more manageable. It's a trait he shares with Game & Watch tbh.

He's a frustrating MU for Villager too. I will say that a good Yoshi is pretty entertaining to watch though. Good use of eggs, Egg Lay, his great mobility, and double jump armor usage.
Zelda is in the same boat (She has great KO power but poor KO options), except her moves have a lot of lag while Yoshi's don't. In this MU we both have to rely on reads/punishes, but Zelda is just so much easier to punish. It doesn't help that Yoshi's mobility allows him to quickly dash > upsmash or short hop > upair and punish us if we whiff.

With his weight, super armor recovery and eggs that can cover him as he recovers, and difficult to punish moves, I think he has an easier time killing us than Zelda does him.

Something else that we didn't mention before: it can be difficult to combo Yoshi because of his damn n-air. It comes out so fast, lingers, and makes his entire body a hitbox (so he doesn't really have to space it - you can get hit by his back or even if you're under him). He can interrupt a lot of Zelda's strings, which only makes racking up damage on him more difficult.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
lmao zelda is considerably worse than mewtwo tho it has always been accepted reality here

:4mewtwo:has a ton of tools, yes. :4palutena: has a ton of tools, :4bowser: has tools. Heck, :4zelda: has tools. MELEE :pichumelee: HAS TOOLS.

but just because characters may have some great tools doesn't mean a bottom 5 just cannot exist in the game. There must have characters who just unfortunately have enough crippling weaknesses that make them less viable than the rest of the cast. You WILL be a low/bottom tier character if you don't produce results and have weaknesses that are abusable by the majority of the cast.
Well, you're free to believe that. I just don't want to see a habit being made of trashing lower tier characters (outside the context of BAN-ZELDA since I know that's all in good fun) without serious reasoning.

Basically, don't diss my main just to make yourselves feel better, and I won't be tempted to do the same. We're pals, all right?

not sure what the issue is with trashing characters. what i'd question would be how could someone have such a personal connection to a character, to the point that they'd take offense to any insult thrown at the their main

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
why are people so defensive when it comes to their mains? like, it's a fictional character in a video game. take a chill pill, darling.

accepting how trashy zelda is is one of the zelda social's best qualities.

but like all of the other bad character mains are so adamant about how their character is actually good. just look at the :4wiifit::4link::4lucina:/:4marth::4robinf::4ganondorf::4mewtwo::4jigglypuff: mains

why is it such a big deal that someone says something about your main that you don't agree with?

Last edited:
OH and meanwhile, leffen got 9th in dreamhack. got 3-1'd by westballz and got eliminated by duck (?)

oh snaaaaap

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Thought I'd saythis here for anyone who is reading the Berserk Manga series.

Guts gets off the boat.
It's a SHIPment of miracles. :secretkpop:

Also, page steal. <3

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
but like all of the other bad character mains are so adamant about how their character is actually good. just look at the :4wiifit::4link::4lucina:/:4marth::4robinf::4ganondorf::4mewtwo::4jigglypuff: mains

why is it such a big deal that someone says something about your main that you don't agree with?
Eh... Wii Fit boards aren't THAT uptight about calling her a good character, Wii Twerk Trainer is almost always pointing out her/his flaws (but not as humorously as we do here :secretkpop:) But there are a few random people that come in and praise Wii Fit and it's really awkward. Someone was trying to explain how Wii Fit has the advantage in the Meta Knight MU and everyone there was super confused because Meta Knight counters Wii Fit in almost every way??????????

tl;dr Wii Fit boards are sensible, the people that say (s)he's top 10, flawless, etc., are the people that make an account, make 3 posts, then never come back again.
Or they're @Macchiato

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
OH and meanwhile, leffen got 9th in dreamhack. got 3-1'd by westballz and got eliminated by duck (?)

oh snaaaaap
Leffen vs :samusmelee: is honestly the most polarizing MU that any Smash game has ever seen.

Literally 0:10 IRL

Rizen

Smash Legend
why are people so defensive when it comes to their mains? like, it's a fictional character in a video game. take a chill pill, darling.

The sooner new Link players learn he's bad, the better.
We've flooded the market with people looking for jobs instead of building up ambition to create jobs for others. I plan on having my own business for sure, because you can't rely on anyone else to guarantee you a job. I'm thankful for having so little to start with, because I learned what was necessary and what wasn't and budgeted my money accordingly. Banks and car dealerships and things like that aren't just trying to help you out, they're trying to make a profit off of you and they prey on the young and innocent and it's horrid. I wish this generation didn't say they hate the 1% for being so evil and then turn around and beg them for money so they can learn to paint pictures. It's so backwards.

Yikes, you got me ranting lol. I just hate those who take advantage of the innocent by promising them everything they want and not delivering.
I generally agree but my view at this time is the government is far to oriented to cater to the extremely rich. The (USA) middle class is shrinking and the richest have more than ever. My view of a government is a governing body representing the best interests of the masses. Functionally it works better if people are taken care of. More higher education access allows the USA to keep up with the rest of the world. China will over take us if we don't have good education.
Basically I don't believe in trickle down economics but rather a grass roots up approach. A good example is healthcare. If people get minor things checked out it is much, MUCH more cost effective than waiting until it's emergency room severe. Hospital bills cost a fortune. My motto is 90% of anything is prevention. Get a free vaccine, don't get sick, don't infect others and the entire work force benefits. We need to keep the small cogs oiled, so to speak.

I'm not against rich people but I am against the government pandering to them. If congress doesn't want everyone to have government healthcare why aren't they willing to give up their own? I see things like corporations getting huge amounts of government money while congress is cutting down of education, healthcare, etc for the masses. It's just reinforcing the system of the poor not being able to catch a break.

/tl;dr I think the government is meant to benefit the people, not just the richest 1%.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent

Us Doc players don't have this issue. I damn well used to, but hey, look at me now! Still kicking, after all. He was definitely AWFUL before the buffs though lol. ESP. with vectoring. It was like getting a M.D written by a 5 year old child.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
my favorite part was when she took the box to the face like a champ
Yes. Many Zelda mains can take plenty of stuff to the face like a champ. It's how we put up with having our faces bombarded with Zelda's failure as a character intense sass.

Last edited:
why are people so defensive when it comes to their mains?
tbh I get annoyed by the guys who spread misinformation about characters.
example:
>Shulk's Buster Monado is SUPER risky and it gets him comboed hard and he dies like 30% earlier

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
That was just awful. >_>
Didn't even enjoy that at all. Lag spikes, and constant losses as usual. And me playing like a stupid idiot.
There was only one real spike, though the games were kinda laggy in general. Sorry. Not for the Confusion->Shadow Claw tho.

Top Bottom