• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Ganon's Trident!
Skull Kid next PLEASE Koei!

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I decided to be super original and start an LP of Super Mario 64.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
falling u-air is one of very few things Marth/Lucina can true combo with
u-air > u-tilt is more reliable than u-air > u-smash, though it does ~10% less damage

Mr. ShinyUmbreon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0576-7060-3860
u-air > u-tilt is more reliable than u-air > u-smash, though it does ~10% less damage
Honestly, I just wish that marth could combo from grabs. I would pick him up as a secondary if he ever gets a combo throw.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Somehow a fly got in my apt. IDK how but it's annoying :glare:. I mean it's snowed outside; where did it come from?!

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
True. I do like that at Low Percents though, you can either trade or beat out an opponent with Marth/Lucina's UAir if they're being juggled.

Just need to improve on my Lucina more. (Also, Crazy Orders was being dumb with me again. Gave me three choices of a CD Track each. WHY!?)

Last edited:

Chez G.

Yay...
NNID
toomanygames64
Papyrus is my bro.
Nah, Sans is the man(s)!

Kidding. Papyrus is hilarious though. Also, I passed Undertale without killing anybody. The ending man....it gave me....determination! And the feels.

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Current seating at my work's Thanksgiving dinner.

X O O O O O

M X O O O O

X: Empty chair
O: Coworker
M: Me

I guess my coworkers don't like me. Or maybe it's because they are 20 years older than me. Or maybe it's my beard.

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
Every time I felt like I was getting a grasp of the character you were playing as you would switch it up, but it gave me good experience against a lot of characters I don't play very often, so I appreciate it. I would like to fight your Marth again, because I felt like I just did horrendous in both of those matches. Marth is so weird for me because I space all of my attacks right at his tipper range, so if I mess up I am screwed. I noticed you shielded almost every single time I approached you and I started to take advantage of that and grabbed a ton. I don't know you if you consciously adjusted to that or not, but you did start to shield less. Also, screw Lylat.
I tend to shield a lot, just a habit of mine (since a lot of the time that's all you can do with certain characters), but yeah I noticed you'd go for grabs a lot which is why I had to stop that. And that's the beauty of having like 1/4 the cast as secondaries :251: you never know who you'll fight. I don't think I was doing too well in our matches, I just felt off the majority of that day and screwed up a lot, but it happens. As for your Ike though, I just can't stress enough working on your neutral. I never have to approach you, you approach for me, when you're supposed to manipulate your range safely to pressure me, and not just jump into me. You didn't pull off as many unsafe things as you used to, so there's improvement there, but I want to see better manipulation of your range and pressure game since that's very important. Also, the thing with Marth as Ike is that you want to wait to punish and not be punished, because chances are you will be at tipper range due to being a fellow swordsman. Sometimes I just feel that you're too aggressive and need to be a bit more defensive and cautious. I'm up for rematches whenever you're available though, so just let me know! I'll look forward to it.

Also, I wasn't the one that chose Lylat... :secretkpop:

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I tend to shield a lot, just a habit of mine (since a lot of the time that's all you can do with certain characters), but yeah I noticed you'd go for grabs a lot which is why I had to stop that. And that's the beauty of having like 1/4 the cast as secondaries :251: you never know who you'll fight. I don't think I was doing too well in our matches, I just felt off the majority of that day and screwed up a lot, but it happens. As for your Ike though, I just can't stress enough working on your neutral. I never have to approach you, you approach for me, when you're supposed to manipulate your range safely to pressure me, and not just jump into me. You didn't pull off as many unsafe things as you used to, so there's improvement there, but I want to see better manipulation of your range and pressure game since that's very important. Also, the thing with Marth as Ike is that you want to wait to punish and not be punished, because chances are you will be at tipper range due to being a fellow swordsman. Sometimes I just feel that you're too aggressive and need to be a bit more defensive and cautious. I'm up for rematches whenever you're available though, so just let me know! I'll look forward to it.

Also, I wasn't the one that chose Lylat... :secretkpop:
That's totally a thing I do in friendlies. I want to test how close I can get and how much I have to maneuver to get out of a situation. I also practice all of the edge guards that aren't very successful just so I have it if I need it. My Ike is still reminiscent of Sonic, because I'm constantly moving at all times. It's kind of exhausting, but it has really improved my neutral game. Also man is it hard to PS and tech and auto-cancel nairs after you've been mostly playing offline. I think I missed 80% of my techs. We should definitely play more soon.

Last edited:

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
GGs EODM07 EODM07 . Sorry for sorta tossing you around, the random lag near the end didn't really help either lol. Thanks for playing with me regardless.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
GGs EODM07 EODM07 . Sorry for sorta tossing you around, the random lag near the end didn't really help either lol. Thanks for playing with me regardless.
It wasn't that fun to be honest.
The lag was bad and I don't like facing Ike or Link that much. But I don't hate them. My hatred goes out to Sheik and Rosaland.

And of course my stupid habits kick in as usual. >_>

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
That's totally a thing I do in friendlies. I want to test how close I can get and how much I have to maneuver to get out of a situation. I also practice all of the edge guards that aren't very successful just so I have it if I need it. My Ike is still reminiscent of Sonic, because I'm constantly moving at all times. It's kind of exhausting, but it has really improved my neutral game. Also man is it hard to PS and tech and auto-cancel nairs after you've been mostly playing offline. I think I missed 80% of my techs. We should definitely play more soon.
Transitioning from offline to online is understandable, but it's not exactly tech that I'm concerned about for your Ike, but instead playstyle. Like you said, you still have some Sonic in you, and that playstyle totally does not work in Ike's favor. Just learn to slow it down a little bit while still getting in there, it'll help a lot, trust me. He can keep moving, but it's how he moves that's important. And I personally play cautiously until I notice patterns, I'm not the biggest risk taker, but I do go for some chance attacks because sometimes it pays off. Just let me know when you want to play and I'll tell you if I'm available.

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
It wasn't that fun to be honest.
The lag was bad and I don't like facing Ike or Link that much. But I don't hate them. My hatred goes out to Sheik and Rosaland.

And of course my stupid habits kick in as usual. >_>
Well judging from the first couple matches that were stable you seem to have the general gist of how to play Lucina so keep at it. My best friend Izayoi Izayoi mains Lucina so I'm fairly familiar with the match up.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Well judging from the first couple matches that were stable you seem to have the general gist of how to play Lucina so keep at it. My best friend Izayoi Izayoi mains Lucina so I'm fairly familiar with the match up.
Fair enough. And just saying, when I saw your tag. For a moment, I thought you were from Russia.
And I'm trying to be (hopefully) the best Lucina out there. Been using her since 3DS.

|ven|

ᵔᴥᵔ かわいい ᵔᴥᵔ
NNID
Hyuven
I got 5th lost to SK92 Crey. Not bad though since I wasn't using my controller (Using GCC in case I do go to Genesis 3). Got some clutch set ups though \o/ ( Especially on SK92)

http://www.twitch.tv/gameworks/v/27389677

ven (Zelda) vs Xantha (Rosalina) 48:00
ven (Zelda) vs Lycan (Diddy Kong) - Right after xantha, I got pwned.
ven (Zelda) vs SK92 (Fox) 1:54:00

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
Fair enough. And just saying, when I saw your tag. For a moment, I thought you were from Russia.
The term Harasho is actually Russian lol, it's a reference from Eli Ayase my favorite idol from Love Live. I'm happy to see someone caught on to somewhat of the reference.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070

Chez G.

Yay...
NNID
toomanygames64
I made some grilled cheese sandwiches just now and they were delicious! Why would I mention that? Well, I had the craziest idea....
IMG_1590.JPG
IMG_1594.JPG

This is what happens when boredom strikes.

Oh yeah, I also got Zelda in attack form yesterday.
IMG_1549.JPG

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
EODM07 EODM07 Playing Lucina online is a nightmare especially because we require so much decision and precision. Our terrible frame data also holds us back online because we're more likely to get punished than we can punish. Don't feel too bad about it. And as Rinku リンク Rinku リンク said, he's extremely familiar with the matchup because he plays against me almost daily. (Also, he's the one who thought me the bread and butter of wielding Falchion.)

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
EODM07 EODM07 Playing Lucina online is a nightmare especially because we require so much decision and precision. Our terrible frame data also holds us back online because we're more likely to get punished than we can punish. Don't feel too bad about it. And as Rinku リンク Rinku リンク said, he's extremely familiar with the matchup because he plays against me almost daily. (Also, he's the one who thought me the bread and butter of wielding Falchion.)
That's some good advice. And I know she has poor frame data, and mind if I be honest about the whole poor frame data thing?

I don't really care about the poor frame data thing.

It may be a bad thing to not care about frame data, but maybe it's because I'm so use to playing Lucina. I did try Marth in the past, just feel like he isn't that much fun, and I don't get that sense of satisfaction from getting that tipper.

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
That's some good advice. And I know she has poor frame data, and mind if I be honest about the whole poor frame data thing?

I don't really care about the poor frame data thing.

It may be a bad thing to not care about frame data, but maybe it's because I'm so use to playing Lucina. I did try Marth in the past, just feel like he isn't that much fun, and I don't get that sense of satisfaction from getting that tipper.
Whyd'ya think I still play her? I don't give a crap either. Pretty sure most Lucina mains will tell you exactly the same.

But it's the inevitable truth; Daddy Sakurai can give us more power and we all know it.

Top Bottom