• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
I know I've posted personality test results here before (a while back) but I retook the test, and I got new results that make more sense to me. I switched from an INTJ to INFJ, with a small preference for 'feeling' over 'thinking.' The small preference explains why I've had trouble testing before, because I share traits from both sides, and why INTJ just didn't seem to quite fit. (INTJs are usually very interested in the hard sciences, math, technology, and pure facts, while I've always been more interested in language, social sciences, and humanitarian causes).

My Results:

PERSONALITY: INFJ ("THE ADVOCATE")

VARIANT: TURBULENT

ROLE: DIPLOMAT

STRATEGY: CONSTANT IMPROVEMENT
Overview:
The INFJ personality type is very rare, making up less than one percent of the population, but they nonetheless leave their mark on the world. As Diplomats (NF), they have an inborn sense of idealism and morality, but what sets them apart is the accompanying Judging (J) trait – INFJs are not idle dreamers, but people capable of taking concrete steps to realize their goals and make a lasting positive impact.

INFJs tend to see helping others as their purpose in life, but while people with this personality type can be found engaging rescue efforts and doing charity work, their real passion is to get to the heart of the issue so that people need not be rescued at all.
Help Me Help You

INFJs indeed share a very unique combination of traits: though soft-spoken, they have very strong opinions and will fight tirelessly for an idea they believe in. They are decisive and strong-willed, but will rarely use that energy for personal gain – INFJs will act with creativity, imagination, conviction and sensitivity not to create advantage, but to create balance. Egalitarianism and karma are very attractive ideas to INFJs, and they tend to believe that nothing would help the world so much as using love and compassion to soften the hearts of tyrants.

INFJs find it easy to make connections with others, and have a talent for warm, sensitive language, speaking in human terms, rather than with pure logic and fact. It makes sense that their friends and colleagues will come to think of them as quiet Extroverted types, but they would all do well to remember that INFJs need time alone to decompress and recharge, and to not become too alarmed when they suddenly withdraw. INFJs take great care of other’s feelings, and they expect the favor to be returned – sometimes that means giving them the space they need for a few days.

Really though, it is most important for INFJs to remember to take care of themselves. The passion of their convictions is perfectly capable of carrying them past their breaking point and if their zeal gets out of hand, they can find themselves exhausted, unhealthy and stressed. This becomes especially apparent when INFJs find themselves up against conflict and criticism – their sensitivity forces them to do everything they can to evade these seemingly personal attacks, but when the circumstances are unavoidable, they can fight back in highly irrational, unhelpful ways.

To INFJs, the world is a place full of inequity – but it doesn’t have to be. No other personality type is better suited to create a movement to right a wrong, no matter how big or small. INFJs just need to remember that while they’re busy taking care of the world, they need to take care of themselves, too.

Strengths/Weaknesses:
INFJ Strengths

Creative – Combining a vivid imagination with a strong sense of compassion, INFJs use their creativity to resolve not technical challenges, but human ones. People with the INFJ personality type enjoy finding the perfect solution for someone they care about, and this strength makes them excellent counselors and advisors.

Insightful – Seeing through dishonesty and disingenuous motives, INFJs step past manipulation and sales tactics and into a more honest discussion. INFJs see how people and events are connected, and are able to use that insight to get to the heart of the matter.

Inspiring and Convincing – Speaking in human terms, not technical, INFJs have a fluid, inspirational writing style that appeals to the inner idealist in their audience. INFJs can even be astonishingly good orators, speaking with warmth and passion, if they are proud of what they are speaking for.

Decisive – Their creativity, insight and inspiration are able to have a real impact on the world, as INFJs are able to follow through on their ideas with conviction, willpower, and the planning necessary to see complex projects through to the end. INFJs don’t just see the way things ought to be, they act on those insights.

Determined and Passionate – When INFJs come to believe that something is important, they pursue that goal with a conviction and energy that can catch even their friends and loved ones off guard. INFJs will rock the boat if they have to, something not everyone likes to see, but their passion for their chosen cause is an inseparable part of their personality.

Altruistic – These strengths are used for good. INFJs have strong beliefs and take the actions that they do not because they are trying to advance themselves, but because they are trying to advance an idea that they truly believe will make the world a better place.

INFJ Weaknesses

Sensitive – When someone challenges or criticizes INFJs’ principles or values, they are likely to receive an alarmingly strong response. People with the INFJ personality type are highly vulnerable to criticism and conflict, and questioning their motives is the quickest way to their bad side.

Extremely Private – INFJs tend to present themselves as the culmination of an idea. This is partly because they believe in this idea, but also because INFJs are extremely private when it comes to their personal lives, using this image to keep themselves from having to truly open up, even to close friends. Trusting a new friend can be even more challenging for INFJs.

Perfectionistic – INFJs are all but defined by their pursuit of ideals. While this is a wonderful quality in many ways, an ideal situation is not always possible – in politics, in business, in romance – and INFJs too often drop or ignore healthy and productive situations and relationships, always believing there might be a better option down the road.

Always Need to Have a Cause – INFJs get so caught up in the passion of their pursuits that any of the cumbersome administrative or maintenance work that comes between them and the ideal they see on the horizon is deeply unwelcome. INFJs like to know that they are taking concrete steps towards their goals, and if routine tasks feel like they are getting in the way, or worse yet, there is no goal at all, they will feel restless and disappointed.

Can Burn Out Easily – Their passion, poor patience for routine maintenance, tendency to present themselves as an ideal, and extreme privacy tend to leave INFJs with few options for letting off steam. People with this personality type are likely to exhaust themselves in short order if they don’t find a way to balance their ideals with the realities of day-to-day living.

If you already know your type, share it - I'd love to know! And if not, you can take the test here.

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
A good drinking game for Halloween yesterday would have been to drink everytime you see a 5 year old dressed as Elsa. I saw like...at least 90 million
The only trick or treater I even saw was when I answered the door and he screamed "you don't have the Halloween spirit!"

okay

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
There wasn't a single trick or treater at the house I'm currently staying at.

Also, it rained really hard that night anyway.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I know I've posted personality test results here before (a while back) but I retook the test, and I got new results that make more sense to me. I switched from an INTJ to INFJ, with a small preference for 'feeling' over 'thinking.' The small preference explains why I've had trouble testing before, because I share traits from both sides, and why INTJ just didn't seem to quite fit. (INTJs are usually very interested in the hard sciences, math, technology, and pure facts, while I've always been more interested in language, social sciences, and humanitarian causes).

My Results:

Overview:
The INFJ personality type is very rare, making up less than one percent of the population, but they nonetheless leave their mark on the world. As Diplomats (NF), they have an inborn sense of idealism and morality, but what sets them apart is the accompanying Judging (J) trait – INFJs are not idle dreamers, but people capable of taking concrete steps to realize their goals and make a lasting positive impact.

INFJs tend to see helping others as their purpose in life, but while people with this personality type can be found engaging rescue efforts and doing charity work, their real passion is to get to the heart of the issue so that people need not be rescued at all.
Help Me Help You

INFJs indeed share a very unique combination of traits: though soft-spoken, they have very strong opinions and will fight tirelessly for an idea they believe in. They are decisive and strong-willed, but will rarely use that energy for personal gain – INFJs will act with creativity, imagination, conviction and sensitivity not to create advantage, but to create balance. Egalitarianism and karma are very attractive ideas to INFJs, and they tend to believe that nothing would help the world so much as using love and compassion to soften the hearts of tyrants.

INFJs find it easy to make connections with others, and have a talent for warm, sensitive language, speaking in human terms, rather than with pure logic and fact. It makes sense that their friends and colleagues will come to think of them as quiet Extroverted types, but they would all do well to remember that INFJs need time alone to decompress and recharge, and to not become too alarmed when they suddenly withdraw. INFJs take great care of other’s feelings, and they expect the favor to be returned – sometimes that means giving them the space they need for a few days.

Really though, it is most important for INFJs to remember to take care of themselves. The passion of their convictions is perfectly capable of carrying them past their breaking point and if their zeal gets out of hand, they can find themselves exhausted, unhealthy and stressed. This becomes especially apparent when INFJs find themselves up against conflict and criticism – their sensitivity forces them to do everything they can to evade these seemingly personal attacks, but when the circumstances are unavoidable, they can fight back in highly irrational, unhelpful ways.

To INFJs, the world is a place full of inequity – but it doesn’t have to be. No other personality type is better suited to create a movement to right a wrong, no matter how big or small. INFJs just need to remember that while they’re busy taking care of the world, they need to take care of themselves, too.

Strengths/Weaknesses:
INFJ Strengths

Creative – Combining a vivid imagination with a strong sense of compassion, INFJs use their creativity to resolve not technical challenges, but human ones. People with the INFJ personality type enjoy finding the perfect solution for someone they care about, and this strength makes them excellent counselors and advisors.

Insightful – Seeing through dishonesty and disingenuous motives, INFJs step past manipulation and sales tactics and into a more honest discussion. INFJs see how people and events are connected, and are able to use that insight to get to the heart of the matter.

Inspiring and Convincing – Speaking in human terms, not technical, INFJs have a fluid, inspirational writing style that appeals to the inner idealist in their audience. INFJs can even be astonishingly good orators, speaking with warmth and passion, if they are proud of what they are speaking for.

Decisive – Their creativity, insight and inspiration are able to have a real impact on the world, as INFJs are able to follow through on their ideas with conviction, willpower, and the planning necessary to see complex projects through to the end. INFJs don’t just see the way things ought to be, they act on those insights.

Determined and Passionate – When INFJs come to believe that something is important, they pursue that goal with a conviction and energy that can catch even their friends and loved ones off guard. INFJs will rock the boat if they have to, something not everyone likes to see, but their passion for their chosen cause is an inseparable part of their personality.

Altruistic – These strengths are used for good. INFJs have strong beliefs and take the actions that they do not because they are trying to advance themselves, but because they are trying to advance an idea that they truly believe will make the world a better place.

INFJ Weaknesses

Sensitive – When someone challenges or criticizes INFJs’ principles or values, they are likely to receive an alarmingly strong response. People with the INFJ personality type are highly vulnerable to criticism and conflict, and questioning their motives is the quickest way to their bad side.

Extremely Private – INFJs tend to present themselves as the culmination of an idea. This is partly because they believe in this idea, but also because INFJs are extremely private when it comes to their personal lives, using this image to keep themselves from having to truly open up, even to close friends. Trusting a new friend can be even more challenging for INFJs.

Perfectionistic – INFJs are all but defined by their pursuit of ideals. While this is a wonderful quality in many ways, an ideal situation is not always possible – in politics, in business, in romance – and INFJs too often drop or ignore healthy and productive situations and relationships, always believing there might be a better option down the road.

Always Need to Have a Cause – INFJs get so caught up in the passion of their pursuits that any of the cumbersome administrative or maintenance work that comes between them and the ideal they see on the horizon is deeply unwelcome. INFJs like to know that they are taking concrete steps towards their goals, and if routine tasks feel like they are getting in the way, or worse yet, there is no goal at all, they will feel restless and disappointed.

Can Burn Out Easily – Their passion, poor patience for routine maintenance, tendency to present themselves as an ideal, and extreme privacy tend to leave INFJs with few options for letting off steam. People with this personality type are likely to exhaust themselves in short order if they don’t find a way to balance their ideals with the realities of day-to-day living.

If you already know your type, share it - I'd love to know! And if not, you can take the test here.
I'm also an INFJ so :secretkpop:

Last edited:

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137

My Results:

Overview:

Help Me Help You

Strengths/Weaknesses:
INFJ Strengths

INFJ Weaknesses

Ah that's interesting. I've changed as well from my most recent test. The previous three or so times, I was an INTP, but I was INFP last time (which happens to be my sister's type). I wasn't really surprised though since my Thinking and Feeling portions had always been the closest to each other. It's probably related to my struggle with left brain vs. right brain; I don't really have much of a preference towards either.

I'll take the test again to see what happens this time.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer

My Results:

Overview:

Help Me Help You

Strengths/Weaknesses:
INFJ Strengths

INFJ Weaknesses

I've taken these sort of tests several times, and each time I get something different - the only constant is the I. Like, this time I got INFP, but last time I got INTJ, and the time before I got ISTP. Looking through all of the I ones, I honestly don't think I fit exclusively into any single one of them, as each of them has a similar amount of qualities I agree and disagree with.

Gay Ginger

Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
I've taken these sort of tests several times, and each time I get something different - the only constant is the I. Like, this time I got INFP, but last time I got INTJ, and the time before I got ISTP. Looking through all of the I ones, I honestly don't think I fit exclusively into any single one of them, as each of them has a similar amount of qualities I agree and disagree with.
Wow that's a lot of variation.

I can kind of understand though, because I usually have trouble answering a lot of the questions and can't pinpoint which side I more agree with.

I imagine you have small preferences of certain traits over others (except for I).

I read an article that talked about how INFJs often mistakenly test as INTJ (like I did) or INFP because of conflicting traits that cause us to think we prefer one way over the other when our brains actually work the opposite (particularly for thinking/feeling). Maybe there's something similar with your type?

Last edited:

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
It seems that I'm solidified as an INFP now. Results were leaning way more towards feeling this time. The title of "Mediator" does fit me quite well.

Mind - 56% Introverted (This used to be like 90% or so iirc)
Energy - 13% Intuitive
Nature - 43% Feeling
Tactics - 23% Prospecting
Identity - 15% Assertive

Variant: Turbulent
Role: Diplomat
Strategy: Constant Improvement

I'm still a bit skeptical with this though, since I can't really relate or sympathize with other people well. I have a terrible time with giving reactions. The two times that I experienced impactful death for the first time this summer, I couldn't express what I was feeling very well, for instance. In terms of feeling, I just don't want to feel bad or make other people feel bad. I still feel that I'm in between INTP and INFP.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051

My Results:

Overview:

Help Me Help You

Strengths/Weaknesses:
INFJ Strengths

INFJ Weaknesses

INFP aka the Swordfighter Main Personality

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Ah, terribly sorry. I've been rather busy lately. Well anyways Ill try to respond more frequently now. Sorry. How was everyones Halloween?
It's alright. School and life eats/is eating at many peoples time so it's understandable.

Halloween was pretty quiet for me like it has been for the last few years. Not a problem though since I get to eat a bunch of food and don't have to worry about trick or treaters popping up.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Honestly, life has been kinda empty this last month. Nothing really exciting going on, and I'm scared about my future. Doesn't help that there hasn't been a single direct for 4 months now. Directs always gave me a nice hopeful look for the future with all the new games and content.

Without the directs, I've just been thinking about the same games that were announced since like late 2014 or earlier. With a couple from e3 2015 like Paper Jam. Because of that, I lost a lot of things to be hyped about, especially when there still is a long ways until those games come out.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
INFP

Introverted: 78%
Intuitive: 20%
Feeling: 46%
Prospecting: 11%
Turbulent: 40%

Variant: Turbulent
Role: Diplomat
Strategy: Constant Improvement.

Sounds about right.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341

My Results:

Overview:

Help Me Help You

Strengths/Weaknesses:
INFJ Strengths

INFJ Weaknesses

Feels good to take one of these tests again.

Anyway, I got ISTJ, which is what I always get from these tests.

It's pretty accurate from what I've read about it, which would explain why I always get the same results.

Virtue

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TripleTriad
3DS FC
3609-1766-6115
I got ISFJ. Unfortunately, I can't check anything else since my sister took the quiz herself and got rid of my data. All I can remember is that I'm mostly introverted and turbulent.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
I cannot believe this. I'm watching a trivia video on Voice Acting, and Marth's voice actor played a role of a character in Thomas the Tank Engine in the Japanese Dub. o_o

>mfw Marth's and Jean Polnareff's VAs played Bertie and James respectively:
View attachment 81007
To add to this, Captain Falcon's voice actor did Henry's voice in that show. It blew my mind when I found that out.

Honestly, life has been kinda empty this last month. Nothing really exciting going on, and I'm scared about my future. Doesn't help that there hasn't been a single direct for 4 months now. Directs always gave me a nice hopeful look for the future with all the new games and content.

Without the directs, I've just been thinking about the same games that were announced since like late 2014 or earlier. With a couple from e3 2015 like Paper Jam. Because of that, I lost a lot of things to be hyped about, especially when there still is a long ways until those games come out.
Same here. I'm not very patient so this lack of news is pretty brutal. Star Fox Zero getting delayed didn't help either.

It would help if there was a specific date to look forward to but we don't even have that yet.

I've just been playing Brawl and using Wolf (since I need my Wolf fix) to pass the time and it surprisingly helps.

Hopefully we won't have to wait too much longer for hype-inducing news.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Any Wii U eshop recommendations before it goes down for a day?

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788

My Results:

Overview:

Help Me Help You

Strengths/Weaknesses:
INFJ Strengths

INFJ Weaknesses

We're the same type! We're one of the rarer types so that's pretty cool.

I've taken a bunch of these tests and I almost always get INFJ. It's a super cool personality type and it actually describes me really well.

It'd be interesting to see how much my introvert number has gone down after working in the public for nearly a year.

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Same here. I'm not very patient so this lack of news is pretty brutal. Star Fox Zero getting delayed didn't help either.

It would help if there was a specific date to look forward to but we don't even have that yet.

I've just been playing Brawl and using Wolf (since I need my Wolf fix) to pass the time and it surprisingly helps.

Hopefully we won't have to wait too much longer for hype-inducing news.
Yeah. I'm waiting for Yokai Watch to hopefully tide me over until all the other RPGs come out. Had a fun time with the demo.

Gay Ginger

Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
We're the same type! We're one of the rarer types so that's pretty cool.

I've taken a bunch of these tests and I almost always get INFJ. It's a super cool personality type and it actually describes me really well.

It'd be interesting to see how much my introvert number has gone down after working in the public for nearly a year.
Cool!

S.F.L.R_9 S.F.L.R_9 also got this type.

Interesting that the three of us are all gay and have this personality type. It probably is just a coincidence, but an interesting observation!

Last edited:

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Bought a new book today. It's called Angry White Men: American Masculinity at the End of an Era by Michael Kimmel, a leading sociologist on men and masculinity (he wrote one of the textbooks I used in my masculinity class in college).

Back cover:​
"We hear them on talk radio airwaves bellowing about minorities. We watch them organize anti-immigration demonstrations on the border. We read their opinions regarding the demise of white male privilege. And sometimes, tragically, we witness their aggression through vigilante violence, as in the cases of Wade Michael Page, James Eagan Holmes, Elliot Roger, George Zimmerman, and many more. They are America's angry white men, including 'men's rights' activists who think white men are the victims of discrimination, as well as members of the 'white wing' of the rightward fringes of the American political spectrum. Why are they so angry?

Michael Kimmel, one of the leading writers on men and masculinity in the world today, has spent hundreds of hours in the company of America's angry white men in pursuit of an answer. Raised to expect unparalleled social and economic privilege, white men are suffering today from what Kimmel calls 'aggrieved entitlement': a sense that those benefits that white men believed were their due have been snatched away from them. In Angry White Men, Kimmel presents a comprehensive diagnosis of their fears, anxieties, and rage."
I don't see how linking 4 ****ed up murderers (one whose motivations weren't remotely relevant to "white male privilege" & another whose heritage could be argued as being Hispanic) to MRAs is anything but painting a strawman, nor see how white men are responsible for the acts of white supremacists.

It's **** like this that makes society progressively worse IMO. Do I have to grovel & apologise for being born white & male, (though thank God/Allah or whoever if He exists that He made me gay or else that would be political suicide & I couldn't have an opinion on anything LOL)? Especially in college campuses which have been incredibly hostile towards guys, with characters like Bahar Mustafa calling the shots with their far-left "progressive" censorship-loving nonsense. It's ****ing terrifying that this censorship is running rampant, because college campuses should be where open discussion should be allowed & nothing should be left unaccounted for, not crying in echo chambers/safe spaces, banning people like Germaine Greer for whatever particular thing that make people piss in their cereal & using trigger warnings so that people can avoid "problematic" discussions. I definitely agree with Milo Yiannopoulus (<3) when he says he wants more Holocaust deniers & people who want to deny human rights on college campuses.

But on topic, I know I would be angry for example if I, a white guy, would lose out of a job opportunity, not because of being under-qualified nor not being best suited for said particular job, but because I was born of the wrong race or gender to fulfil a quota.

I know I would be angry if I was growing up as a kid I was brought up in a mother-only household in today's society (which is only becoming more common as of late) I would be likely to be struggling with a sense of identity, with the lack of male teachers in the classrooms meaning I wouldn't have a real-life male role model & with 3rd wave feminists (& this book) directly attacks what I would believed on how to become a man. And when you have that **** & articles like this one that starts off with "Men are terrible people" it's no wonder that poor white boys are among the worst at GCSE level in school at the moment: http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/artic...et-a-worse-start-in-life-says-equality-report & not some middle-class **** that complains of being "bossy" lol.

Rizen

Smash Legend
evmaxy54 evmaxy54 I can only speak for the USA but racism is very real here. George Zimmerman is just one example of a armed vigilante killing unarmed black people.

Anyone in/near the states want to wifi?

Last edited:

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
I know this has nothing to do with anything but I'm watching all 4 Transformers films in order. They're my guilty pleasure ;_; Shame so many people hate these films.

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
evmaxy54 evmaxy54 I can only speak for the USA but racism is very real here. George Zimmerman is just one example of a armed vigilante killing unarmed black people.

Anyone in/near the states want to wifi?
I didn't deny that racism didn't exist nor did I say Zimmerman's motives weren't racially motivated

From what I know of the police & the prisons of the States is that it's definitely something that could be arguable for the oppression of black people, though I don't know exactly the numbers

Last edited:

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Gay Ginger Gay Ginger I didn't study for your test. im srry ;_______;

evmaxy54 evmaxy54 I did the Tapion combo to a super cocky falco twice in one match. Let's just say nobody will be hearing from him for a long time :secretkpop:

btw what's a sassy color?
Lmao that avatar.
Purple is a pretty sassy color imo.
I got INFP, 67% introverted, 33% intuitive, 31% feeling, 59% prospecting, and 74% turbulent.
I got INFP too! ( Gay Ginger Gay Ginger )

I am....

13% Extraverted
21% Intuitive
78% Feeling (woah.)
30% Prospecting
61% Turbulent.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I didn't deny that racism didn't exist nor did I say Zimmerman's motives weren't racially motivated
"I don't see how linking 4 ****ed up murderers (one whose motivations weren't remotely relevant to "white male privilege" & another whose heritage could be argued as being Hispanic) to MRAs is anything but painting a strawman, nor see how white men are responsible for the acts of white supremacists."
He's not a lone "strawman" but one of many examples of racial discrimination leading to violence. He is a white man responsible for acts of white supremacy. It happens and too frequently I'm ashamed to admit.

People on the internet need to remember not everything's about you. There is racism and sexism. Most men aren't like that but denying those who are exist just makes them more prevalent.

Gay Ginger

Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
I don't see how linking 4 ****ed up murderers (one whose motivations weren't remotely relevant to "white male privilege" & another whose heritage could be argued as being Hispanic) to MRAs is anything but painting a strawman, nor see how white men are responsible for the acts of white supremacists.

It's **** like this that makes society progressively worse IMO. Do I have to grovel & apologise for being born white & male, (though thank God/Allah or whoever if He exists that He made me gay or else that would be political suicide & I couldn't have an opinion on anything LOL)? Especially in college campuses which have been incredibly hostile towards guys, with characters like Bahar Mustafa calling the shots with their far-left "progressive" censorship-loving nonsense. It's ****ing terrifying that this censorship is running rampant, because college campuses should be where open discussion should be allowed & nothing should be left unaccounted for, not crying in echo chambers/safe spaces, banning people like Germaine Greer for whatever particular thing that make people piss in their cereal & using trigger warnings so that people can avoid "problematic" discussions. I definitely agree with Milo Yiannopoulus (<3) when he says he wants more Holocaust deniers & people who want to deny human rights on college campuses.

But on topic, I know I would be angry for example if I, a white guy, would lose out of a job opportunity, not because of being under-qualified nor not being best suited for said particular job, but because I was born of the wrong race or gender to fulfil a quota.

I know I would be angry if I was growing up as a kid I was brought up in a mother-only household in today's society (which is only becoming more common as of late) I would be likely to be struggling with a sense of identity, with the lack of male teachers in the classrooms meaning I wouldn't have a real-life male role model & with 3rd wave feminists (& this book) directly attacks what I would believed on how to become a man. And when you have that **** & articles like this one that starts off with "Men are terrible people" it's no wonder that poor white boys are among the worst at GCSE level in school at the moment: http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/artic...et-a-worse-start-in-life-says-equality-report & not some middle-class **** that complains of being "bossy" lol.
This made my eyes bleed.

I can't defend his argument on the vigilante part because I haven't made it that far into the book, so I don't know exactly what his argument is. But think for a second: who commits the vast majority (almost all) of mass shootings in the United States? White men. That can't be a coincidence. Who are the majority of extrajudicial police killings by? Again, white men. There is clearly some underlying cultural problem at work here, or else it wouldn't be so skewed.

He is not arguing that white men (which I am one, too) need to "apologize for being born white & male," nor is he arguing that straight white men can't have or express opinions on a range of issues.

I also don't know what this "censorship" nonsense that everyone moans about is. I took a bunch of Gender Studies courses at my university (the type of courses that these types of statements are generally targeted at), and I never once had a student unable to state something in a discussion. Nor did any class material ever get modified to avoid triggering somebody. Trigger warnings are used to give trauma survivors (particularly for sexual assault/abuse) a heads up so they know what to expect from a discussion or reading, and to let them know that if they begin to re-experience some of that trauma as a result of the class, they can leave the room without punishment or judgment. But hey, let's not warn r*pe survivors about a 30 page reading about sexual assault in the culture, and let's not be understanding that they may need to briefly leave the room (or for the rest of the lesson) and instead penalize them for not being present. Sounds humane to me.

Affirmative action is not causing any white man to "lose out" on any job opportunity because of your gender and race. What makes you believe that you deserve that job more than anyone else? What makes you think that if a woman or minority got hired over you that they weren't equally or more qualified than you? You have to acknowledge that racial minorities and women are at a disadvantage when searching for jobs and that's it's actually much easier to get hired as a white man. These policies are to help make it more fair for everyone. It may feel like discrimination against white men because we are losing something - but what we are losing is an advantage that we shouldn't have had in the first place. If white men were used to starting a race with a 20 yard head start and suddenly they had to start with only a 10 yard start, it would feel like they've been wronged. But it's really just correcting a problem: that white men get a head start in the first place.

Just having a "black sounding" name makes it harder for black people to get hired than white people, and black men with a master's degree make about the same as white men with a bachelor's degree in the same field, after accounting for experience and other factors. But yes - it's us that have it so unfair.

The author isn't "attacking" anyone. In the introduction, he mentions that he doesn't blame or fault white men for this - it's the culture that breeds this sense of entitlement in the first place. He isn't anti-male in any sense. The textbook that he wrote for my class was all about how patriarchy harms men as well, and that in order to help men (of all racial and sexual identities) we have to take up feminist causes. (Women and feminists haven't created the problems plaguing men; the problems are side-effects from how white men have set up society.)

Last edited:

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla
I know this has nothing to do with anything but I'm watching all 4 Transformers films in order. They're my guilty pleasure ;_; Shame so many people hate these films.
1 and 3 are good/decent, 4 is meh, and ROTF was trash.

I'd like Dark of the Moon a lot better if the Decepticons didn't get as severely nerfed. I actually like Soundwave's Mercedes mode more than his Satellite one, but being killed by Bumblebee was such a giant middle finger to the character. And Starscream has one of the most pathetic deaths I've ever seen in a film.

I don't really understand a lot of the hate for the films myself. The human characters suck, yeah, but that's not the selling point (which is where AOE fails IMO). It's freaking giant transforming robots. Then again, most of these criticisms are from Genwunners and film snobs.

If Bay weren't so preoccupied with adding sex references to everything (I.E. Adding testicles to Devastator), then I feel there would be way less snobs trying to tear the films apart. Revenge of the Fallen was terrible though. Disappointed the writer's strike was that bad.

>smh Sideways has more screentime in the Universal ride than he does in ROTF

(^ oh look, another result of the writer's strike)

Last edited:
This made my eyes bleed.

I can't defend his argument on the vigilante part because I haven't made it that far into the book, so I don't know exactly what his argument is. But think for a second: who commits the vast majority (almost all) of mass shootings in the United States? White men. That can't be a coincidence. Who are the majority of extrajudicial police killings by? Again, white men. There is clearly some underlying cultural problem at work here, or else it wouldn't be so skewed.
tbh it kinda makes sense seeing as how the US is predominately white.

Here's a demographic chart for 2013: http://kff.org/other/state-indicator/distribution-by-raceethnicity/

You can say pretty much the same thing about another country or thing.
Example: But think for a second: who commits the vast majority (almost all) of mass shootings in Mexico? Mexican men. That can't be a coincidence. Who are the majority of extrajudicial police killings by? Again, Mexican men. There is clearly some underlying cultural problem at work here, or else it wouldn't be so skewed.

Top Bottom