• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Chez G.

Yay...
NNID
toomanygames64
Chez G. Chez G. ggs. Sorry your lag is completely unplayable.

Anyone else want to wifi?
There was lag? I knew something was off. I didn't experience any lag at all though. Maybe my brother also playing online caused you to lag? Sorry about that.

Rizen

Smash Legend
There was lag? I knew something was off. I didn't experience any lag at all though. Maybe my brother also playing online caused you to lag? Sorry about that.
The game would stall for a second to load every 10 seconds. Our connection was terrible.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
why am I running into so many zeldas on for glory these days

why am I running into so many zeldas that know how to play the game

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger

As a Zelda on FG

Why am I running into only people who know how to optimally spam good moves on FG

Why am I only finding 3:7 MUs on FG

Why are all of Zelda's MUs 3:7

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
As a Zelda on FG

Why am I running into only people who know how to optimally spam good moves on FG

Zelda vs Sheik isn't a 3:7 its a 5:5
:sheilda:

jk

90% sure Zelda vs Bowser is at least a bit better than 3:7

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
As a Zelda on FG

I guess you're not the zelda I just went 0-4 against then

but this is also why it feels so soul-crushing to lose to a Zelda :^(

when the only time I use ledge roll in a set it gets read with elevator I just want to curl up and cry

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
Bought a new book today. It's called Angry White Men: American Masculinity at the End of an Era by Michael Kimmel, a leading sociologist on men and masculinity (he wrote one of the textbooks I used in my masculinity class in college).

Back cover:​
"We hear them on talk radio airwaves bellowing about minorities. We watch them organize anti-immigration demonstrations on the border. We read their opinions regarding the demise of white male privilege. And sometimes, tragically, we witness their aggression through vigilante violence, as in the cases of Wade Michael Page, James Eagan Holmes, Elliot Roger, George Zimmerman, and many more. They are America's angry white men, including 'men's rights' activists who think white men are the victims of discrimination, as well as members of the 'white wing' of the rightward fringes of the American political spectrum. Why are they so angry?

Michael Kimmel, one of the leading writers on men and masculinity in the world today, has spent hundreds of hours in the company of America's angry white men in pursuit of an answer. Raised to expect unparalleled social and economic privilege, white men are suffering today from what Kimmel calls 'aggrieved entitlement': a sense that those benefits that white men believed were their due have been snatched away from them. In Angry White Men, Kimmel presents a comprehensive diagnosis of their fears, anxieties, and rage."

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I hope no one who responds to my post actually thinks I think all of Zelda's MUs are 3:7 :049:

So many new faces here all the time and IDK if any of them even know me because all I can do here atm is moderate.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I hope no one who responds to my post actually thinks I think all of Zelda's MUs are 3:7 :049:

So many new faces here all the time and IDK if any of them even know me because all I can do here atm is moderate.
well obviously Zelda has a 3:3 MU against herself

you know we love you gorl

Lavani

Indigo Destiny

yeah they're more like 2:8 :180:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Happy Halloween gorls! Does anyone here actually dress up? I haven't done that since first grade or something.
Also, I might get my Wii U and stuff back in three weeks or less. Meanwhile, I have to take the public bus system (which I have never used before) to get to the venue since neither of my parents can take me.
I made a Link costume with my parents this year for a Halloween party.
Am I the only one here that doesn't celebrate Halloween?
I usually don't do anything but I decided to this year because of a costume party. It was actually kinda fun so I might do it more often~

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
D tilt. I use D tilt, maybe an up tilt, to grab. Try D tilt, up tilt to grab, to D throw, to Uair or Nair. That or D tilt to up tilt to up Smash.
Question. Should I avoid d tilt?

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
D tilt. I use D tilt, maybe zn up tilt, to grab. Try D tilt, up tilt to grab, to D throw, to Uair or Nair. That or D tilt to up tilt to up Smash.
Question. Should I avoid d tilt?
Nope Dtilt is probably one of her best moves. Fastest move tied with Dsmash (frame 5) with decent follow-ups. Also try Dtilt>Uair/Nair/Fair/Bair (if they get hit by the reverse hitbox). You can even combo it into an Elevator or jumping Elevator (Aerielevator) for flashiness.

We also get a lot of true combos from hitting someone on the ledge with it.

Last edited:

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
Nope Dtilt is probably one of her best moves. Fastest move tied with Dsmash (frame 5) with decent follow-ups. Also try Dtilt>Uair/Nair/Fair/Bair (if they get hit by the reverse hitbox). You can even combo it into an Elevator or jumping Elevator (Aerielevator) for flashiness.

We also get a lot of true combos from hitting someone on the ledge with it.
Oh, sorry. I made it look like I use Zelda. I feel bad because you said, "we". I just casually use her. Besides Falcon, Meta Knight and D, i use my wits and common knowledge to win. Anyway, when I considered using her, I was spamming D tilit for dayz. I even got a few people rage quit on FG. I do however, use all characters at tourney friendlies. I guess I could start making Zelda my friendlies main against people who do not play against me much. Thanks for the info though. I tend to use moves that seem good without thinking.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon

As a Zelda on FG

better question,
why the hell are you on FG

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Afternoon girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Played a bit of Binding of Isaac Rebirth 3DS, saw Episode 5 of Shingeki! Kyojin Chuugakkou (which was actually rather funny in my opinion. Mainly because of Hange) and apparently, a friend of mine who was at Youmacon 2015 to watch the Melee Tournament was actually sitting next to Mew2King, and he even saw Leffen too.

Lucky for him. :yeahboi:

D

Deleted member

Completely forgot about that film, that was a really good film. I should watch it again.
I watched it yesterday with a friend and we both RAGED SO HARD AT THE ENDING. THAT ENDING WAS JUST NOT OKAY.

I taught my 5 year old niece on ho2elevator with Zelda

No seriously

Oh, she also accidentally ledge cancelled with farore's wind and did u-throw > elevator. Yeah. Even I was shocked. I still have a replay of that

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I watched it yesterday with a friend and we both RAGED SO HARD AT THE ENDING. THAT ENDING WAS JUST NOT OKAY.
Oh, don't get me started on Cliffhanger Endings. I really hate them too, since if it doesn't have a sequel or a second season, then it's pointless.

I'm looking at you Strawberry Panic! >_>

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
A good drinking game for Halloween yesterday would have been to drink everytime you see a 5 year old dressed as Elsa. I saw like...at least 90 million

Chez G.

Yay...
NNID
toomanygames64
Gorls, I played Undertale. The demo, I mean.

It. Was. A. Trip.

A game has never made me this emotional in a long time, if not ever. Insta-buy all over!

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I cannot believe this. I'm watching a trivia video on Voice Acting, and Marth's voice actor played a role of a character in Thomas the Tank Engine in the Japanese Dub. o_o

>mfw Marth's and Jean Polnareff's VAs played Bertie and James respectively:
Genosfacewhen.png

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
Top Bottom