• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
All this talk of "Wolf Flashing" is making me think of some images that I'd rather not be thinking of.
Over here looking at the sudden increase in pranked users like

One of us, one of us

Last edited:

Estel Elessar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jack1995pilot
So I just Knee > Punched my friend

I don't know if our friendship will survive

Also I need someone to convert the replay for posterity

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Some sad news. A few days ago, Miyu Matsuki passed away at the very young age of 38. She voiced many roles such as Anna from Shimoneta, Sapphire in Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya, and Lailah from Tales of Zestiria. May she rest in peace.

Gonna dedicate her by using Lailah as my profile picture for the next while. I really wonder if the ToZ anime planned for next year will end up being cancelled because of this tragedy. ; w ;

Estel Elessar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jack1995pilot
Some sad news. A few days ago, Miyu Matsuki passed away at the very young age of 38. She voiced many roles such as Anna from Shimoneta, Sapphire in Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya, and Lailah from Tales of Zestiria. May she rest in peace.

Gonna dedicate her by using Lailah as my profile picture for the next while. I really wonder if the ToZ anime planned for next year will end up being cancelled because of this tragedy. ; w ;
Also voiced supporting roles in Sword of the Stranger, and Xam'd: Lost Memories, two of my favorite anime. Sad to hear of her passing.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
RIP Miyu Matsuki. It's never good to see talent drop off at such a young age.....really sad, actually. Damn, 38 years old....I can't even imagine how that'd be. Any news on how it happened, was it natural or did an accident occur?

In other news I've finally shed the Halloween costume so I can go back to being all serious (totally) now.

Rizen

Smash Legend
[QUOTE="Lavani,
QUOTE]
Does ^she have giant butt-cheeks for feet?

I'll wifi if any of you night owls are up for it?

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Just had my breakfast and I heard the news. Rest in Peace Miyu Matsuki. :c
She also voiced Hisui from Melty Blood/Carnival Phantasm, her mech counterpart MECH-HISUI and Hikari from Strawberry Panic (This was also one of the first few anime along with Trigun and Kannazuki no Miko that got me into anime). Such a shame to see her pass on. :c

And since Nintendo e-Shop is down, hopefully me and TTTTTsd TTTTTsd can still have our matches today. I haven't played Smash 4 for a few days/weeks now. Need to get some rust off. :V

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
RIP Miyu Matsuki. It's never good to see talent drop off at such a young age.....really sad, actually. Damn, 38 years old....I can't even imagine how that'd be. Any news on how it happened, was it natural or did an accident occur?
It was due to a case of acute pneumonia that she was battling for quite some time, I heard. She mentioned that she would want to get married once she wins her battle against it, which was one of her last public comments. Really, really heartbreaking. Rest in peace.

In other news, people have suddenly been realizing that my university's sm4sh scene is super small. Too much Muhley brb fixing.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I just found out that kyoani has a new anime in the works.

It's not Season 2 of Hibike! Euphonium and not the movie, it's actually a new one called Myriad Colors Phantom World. It kinda reminds me of Charlotte (But better) and The Irregular at Magic High School.

Nice to see kyoani do action anime again like that did with Kyoukai no Kanata.

Last edited:

Trieste SP

Smash Champion

Oh dear, I didn't know of this. :(

May she rest in peace and her friends and family is able to overcome this tragedy.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I did the personality test again because I showed it to my sister and she wanted to see me do it after she did it herself

I got 99% introvert

The social awkwardness is strong in this one.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
omg Crashboards stop crashing

I've been starting to think that :4duckhunt: is the worst character in the game. No combos that I can think of, a recovery like Villager's that's slower and doesn't go nearly as far, and he can't kill to save himself from the dog hunters. (Or her but knowing Nintendo it's probably genderless.)
His smash attacks are the worst though. The hitbox is so tiny and kills so late. Also people fall out of them easier than :4zelda: up smash before it was fixed.
I also remember seeing a YouTube comment (reliable sources!!!!!1!11!) saying that his neutral B is his best move for damaging and killing, but since he relies on spamming it for damage, it gets so stale that it can't kill either. So up tilt and up air are his only reliable kill moves, and if you're never above him, he can't kill you at all really. :/

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
A few points:

Extroverts-
I try to come out of my shell and interact with others, but trying to involve myself in group conversations usually leaves me ignored where I hit the big red button and crack my proverbial sass whip, but no one shows any real interest in me. The majority of 1-on-1 conversations I have are usually people crawling for answers to math homework.

I knew I'd end up getting @Strong-Arm and @Phenomiracle confused.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Curse you Smashboards! Don't you die on us! >:C

Also, I just saw Episode 5 of Yuru Yuri San Hai. It was cute, got some Ayano x Kyouko, so I'm happy. :yeahboi: (Is on the same ship as Chitose.)

Also, off topic. JonTron clips time. :yeahboi:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
So apparently there was a huge party during the weekend that ended with 8 students from my school getting arrested. It was the talk of the school.

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
So apparently there was a huge party during the weekend that ended with 8 students from my school getting arrested. It was the talk of the school.
Why do we (presumably) arrest students for underage drinking?

I'd rather we teach teenagers how to drink responsibly than arrest them and maybe force them to do community service, which will just cause them to get pissed and continue the same behavior....

Last edited:

KarmaCastle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KarmaCastle

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Ah. You're not using the white theme, that's why!
whiteboards is horror beyond words i tried it once, never again...
omg Crashboards stop crashing

I've been starting to think that :4duckhunt: is the worst character in the game. No combos that I can think of, a recovery like Villager's that's slower and doesn't go nearly as far, and he can't kill to save himself from the dog hunters. (Or her but knowing Nintendo it's probably genderless.)
His smash attacks are the worst though. The hitbox is so tiny and kills so late. Also people fall out of them easier than :4zelda: up smash before it was fixed.
I also remember seeing a YouTube comment (reliable sources!!!!!1!11!) saying that his neutral B is his best move for damaging and killing, but since he relies on spamming it for damage, it gets so stale that it can't kill either. So up tilt and up air are his only reliable kill moves, and if you're never above him, he can't kill you at all really. :/
:4duckhunt: he has combos, but they are mostly based off reads/setup he has no easy peasy combos so they are there just not the easiest to get going all the time. he also has a nice grab game as most of his throws position decently and B/F throw> Can is always fun

DH has damage, can camp, annoy/play hit and run. the problem is he CANNOT kill at all. people talk about Samus but at least she has a few setups for CS KOs at around 90% and UpB OoS. DH on the regular can't even start to fish for kills unless its a lucky situation before 140% even on lightweights and even then its again mostly based of setups, Bair/Utilt/Uair. which Utilt aside the other two moves might be staled from general use. He's also like the only person with a bad recovery. it goes slow, no attack box, can't cancel the animation unless you grab the ledge. at least Ganon has a chance to grab or punch you or like D/Pit and Rosalind have recoveries that go REALLY far so they can at least hide from characters that can't go offstage once you hit UpB with DH you pray that they either get shot by gunman or blown up by Can cause your a sitting duck and he only really makes it cause ledge suction, without that he would really be dead.

smashes are terrible, none of his throws kill untill like 200%+, his projectiles are also laggy and sometimes when you throw them out alot of characters can just swat them away so he can't even camp camp unless you like a bulky betty...lol. most people rank him in the mid/low mid area i think he really fits in low because he has alot of flaws with killing being the biggest issue. if you die first you can basically kiss the round goodbye because its very hard to come back when your opponent is guaranteed to live into Rage.

I'd rather we teach teenagers how to drink responsibly than arrest them and maybe force them to do community service, which will just cause them to get pissed and continue the same behavior....
its easier to arrest, why waste time trying to teach them drink responsibly? lol

kind of like the talk on the news last minute saying "Think very carefully about voting yes to marijuana legalization cause it can have serious side effects on teens and will make it easier to access despite the economy benefit!" i know about 12 year olds who smoke marijuana i feel like its a moot point at this point. bad habits start in teen years anyhow :v

Gay Ginger

Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
Quote from the book I'm reading: "So American white men, still among the most privileged group of people on the face of the earth -- if you discount hereditary aristocracies and sheikdoms -- feel that they are the put-upon victims of a society that grows more equal every day. It's hard if you've been used to 100 percent of all positions of power and privilege in the world to wake up one morning and find people like you only occupy 80 percent of those positions. Equality sucks if you've grown so accustomed to inequality that it feels normal." (45-46)

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla
Since we're doing this book quoting thing:

"...I'd be disappointed if this book didn't make some people angry. A lot of modern scientists-even some paleontologists-insist on saying fossils are misleading. 'Dead bones don't metabolize so how can physiology in dinosaurs be discussed?' Ecologists who study the Serengeti Plain or the rain forests of Burma are impressed by the complex ways animal species interact with each other and their habitats: 'How can a few spare bones capture the organic subtlety of long-extinct systems?' Many people dismiss the record of the rocks as an incomplete and nearly unreadable document. Darwin himself did that; he didn't trust fossils to indicate the entire truth. But these views are wrongheaded/ The Book of Job-oldest in the Bible-admonishes, 'Speak to the record of the rocks and it can teach thee.' If we look and listen carefully, the record of the rocks can unlock the richly textured story of the dinosaurs and their ways" (Bakker 27-28).
- The Dinosaur Heresies

(^Please read this book if you're even only vaguely interested in dinosaurs)

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767

It's already been drilled into their heads. Also, the D.A.R.E. program does exist to inform people, (and we actually have a pretty big dare program here), about the dangers of abusive substances.

Teaching anything doesn't solve anything because they already were taught. This isn't about teaching anything. A person doing bad things will continue to do bad things no matter how many times you tell the person that doing the bad thing is bad. Because as long as they continue to get enjoyment out of it, it won't be seen as a negative. This is also why the "teach men not to ****" is also heavily flawed. (Ignoring how incredibly sexist it is to begin with).
Also, I'm not sure how your idea is better than arresting them. Either way you end up with a mad teenager for wasting their time who will continue to do the same behavior.

Also, under the influence behavior is bad behavior no matter how you slice it, and a teenager with a still developing brain under the influence is a danger to society. Not to mention the police were called because of the racket the party was making and they ended up finding the substances there.

This is also completely ignoring the fact that in some cases you do have to take a class on the dangers of these substances.

Gay Ginger

Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
It's already been drilled into their heads. Also, the D.A.R.E. program does exist to inform people, (and we actually have a pretty big dare program here), about the dangers of abusive substances.

Teaching anything doesn't solve anything because they already were taught. This isn't about teaching anything. A person doing bad things will continue to do bad things no matter how many times you tell the person that doing the bad thing is bad. Because as long as they continue to get enjoyment out of it, it won't be seen as a negative. This is also why the "teach men not to ****" is also heavily flawed. (Ignoring how incredibly sexist it is to begin with).
Also, I'm not sure how your idea is better than arresting them. Either way you end up with a mad teenager for wasting their time who will continue to do the same behavior.

Also, under the influence behavior is bad behavior no matter how you slice it, and a teenager with a still developing brain under the influence is a danger to society. Not to mention the police were called because of the racket the party was making and they ended up finding the substances there.

This is also completely ignoring the fact that in some cases you do have to take a class on the dangers of these substances.
D.A.R.E isn't what I'm talking about. I want schools -- and parents -- to teach teenagers that it's okay to drink socially, as long as they understand all the dangers associated with it and the importance of moderation. Current programs tell teenagers they shouldn't (really can't) drink at all, and that alcohol is bad unless they're 21. If our culture didn't vilify alcohol and made it normal for teenagers to drink a glass of beer or wine, or have a mixed drink once in a while, there wouldn't be so much binge drinking. Teenagers (and college students) like to get s***-faced because of the thrill of doing something they're not supposed to. If they grew up knowing they could have a drink or two occasionally, they wouldn't be so quick to drink excessively at parties, because they would be able to drink something whenever. Generally out-right forbidding something just makes it happen more, and happen clandestinely where it's more unsafe.

Also: how did we go from teaching teenagers to drink responsibly to teaching men not to ****? I'm having a hard time understanding your thought process lol. We do need to teach men not to r*** (which we don't do at all -- instead we tell women to take steps to not get r****), and we do need to teach everyone about consent. Teenagers -- and everyone who is sexually active, really -- should know what consent looks like, and that you can refuse any act you don't want to do, for any reason and at any time (including that consent is not a one time thing but is continual and can be revoked at any time). People should be taught, as well, that it's not okay to pressure someone into sex, and it's not okay to try and "convince" them to change their mind after they've declined. We also need to teach girls and women that sex should be pleasurable for them, too. You might be surprised at how many women and girls don't know that it's okay to value their own pleasure as much as their partner's. And sex ed should include non-heterosexual sex, so sexual minorities can make informed, safe choices, too.

I don't even know how we ended up here.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Someone found a gem on Reddit:

"The Zelda mains over on smash boards have some kind of "Unique identity" ordeal with chat rooms. They won't make one because they wanna hip and cool, I suppose. I got shot down for introducing the idea in the most "non-answer" way possible."

I guess we are pretty snobby, which is ironic considering who we main--... wait a second, nobody even mains Zelda here.
And remember my most "non-answer" answer? chiyo.png

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Something not really important for the poor joke I'm about to make.
This is the face of "I've been tempted by the lusty and sinful playstyle of Zero SKill Spamus."

Or he wants feet...that's...also a possibility.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Someone found a gem on Reddit:

"The Zelda mains over on smash boards have some kind of "Unique identity" ordeal with chat rooms. They won't make one because they wanna hip and cool, I suppose. I got shot down for introducing the idea in the most "non-answer" way possible."

I guess we are pretty snobby, which is ironic considering who we main--... wait a second, nobody even mains Zelda here.
And remember my most "non-answer" answer? View attachment 81159
The person who posted that HAS seen what chat rooms have done to SWF, right?

They literally kill discussion here quicker than Fujin can get banned.

Have they even tried going to a board with a skype group??

Tbh I'm surprised the staff here hasn't already tried to "outlaw" them here. They are exactly what SWF staff doesn't want.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
At one point, Skype discussion was outlawed from the Smash 4 Social thread. Even though I was not present, that day will forever be immortalized in infamy.

Along with the locks...that occurred both times.

Rizen

Smash Legend

While I mostly agree with this angle the complications of how underage drinkers are more addictive and have developing brains that are different from adults are issues.
I don't believe in the 'abstinence only' approach to most issues (except dangerous drugs and things that obviously are bad for anyone). But at the same time I think people underage shouldn't drink (or do pot) because their developmental stage.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
We just need to lock children in hyperbolic chambers until they are 25 years old. It's the only logical solution.

KarmaCastle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KarmaCastle
Update: This just in.

Been practicing ledge cancels nonstop for the past few days.

Got my first legit ledge cancel to dair KO.

I'VE NEVER FELT SO ALIVE.

Edit: Srry every time I post it's with media but I mean come on ledge cancels are a thing of beauty that the world needs more of.

Last edited:

Estel Elessar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jack1995pilot
Update: This just in.

Been practicing ledge cancels nonstop for the past few days.

Got my first legit ledge cancel to dair KO.

I'VE NEVER FELT SO ALIVE.

Edit: Srry every time I post it's with media but I mean come on ledge cancels are a thing of beauty that the world needs more of.

D.A.R.E isn't what I'm talking about. I want schools -- and parents -- to teach teenagers that it's okay to drink socially, as long as they understand all the dangers associated with it and the importance of moderation. Current programs tell teenagers they shouldn't (really can't) drink at all, and that alcohol is bad unless they're 21. If our culture didn't vilify alcohol and made it normal for teenagers to drink a glass of beer or wine, or have a mixed drink once in a while, there wouldn't be so much binge drinking. Teenagers (and college students) like to get s***-faced because of the thrill of doing something they're not supposed to. If they grew up knowing they could have a drink or two occasionally, they wouldn't be so quick to drink excessively at parties, because they would be able to drink something whenever. Generally out-right forbidding something just makes it happen more, and happen clandestinely where it's more unsafe.

Also: how did we go from teaching teenagers to drink responsibly to teaching men not to ****? I'm having a hard time understanding your thought process lol. We do need to teach men not to r*** (which we don't do at all -- instead we tell women to take steps to not get r****), and we do need to teach everyone about consent. Teenagers -- and everyone who is sexually active, really -- should know what consent looks like, and that you can refuse any act you don't want to do, for any reason and at any time (including that consent is not a one time thing but is continual and can be revoked at any time). People should be taught, as well, that it's not okay to pressure someone into sex, and it's not okay to try and "convince" them to change their mind after they've declined. We also need to teach girls and women that sex should be pleasurable for them, too. You might be surprised at how many women and girls don't know that it's okay to value their own pleasure as much as their partner's. And sex ed should include non-heterosexual sex, so sexual minorities can make informed, safe choices, too.

I don't even know how we ended up here.
My college requires every student to become licensed in Title IX Training, so education in consent is being given; it's just that I think it'll be more helpful if there were presentations for high schools too since not everybody goes to college.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I'm in a heated debate with friends on why Luigi would win a twerking contest between all Nintendo characters.
Definitely one of the better debates I've had in my life.

Top Bottom