• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

D

Deleted member

I forgot to post it here, but I was lucky enough to play Splatoon with a Youtuber cx. I even got a few shoutouts too. In this video, I appear in the first two Ranked matches and 3 of the final four matches :p

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I was supposed to be streaming tonight. I was going to stream some FG shenanigans or maybe fights against one of you gorls. But my order for my elgato got cancelled..........

So I ordered it again and I hope I get it by Friday.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I was supposed to be streaming tonight. I was going to stream some FG shenanigans or maybe fights against one of you gorls. But my order for my elgato got cancelled..........

Make sure to disconnect your Wii U from WiFi so it doesn't auto-update Smash and kill your replays.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Welp, looks like Chun Li got Roy'd, Zelda'd, Samus'd, DK'd, and Mewtwo'd in Street Fighter V. That dead zone is like her foot up to her shin. The other Chun Li only got hit because of her idle animation shifting her hurtbox.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I hope you saved the fights where my lil puffball put your puny swordsman to rest ;p

*gunshots*

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Welp, looks like Chun Li got Roy'd, Zelda'd, Samus'd, DK'd, and Mewtwo'd in Street Fighter V. That dead zone is like her foot up to her shin. The other Chun Li only got hit because of her idle animation shifting her hurtbox.
How do you even get a dead spot like that? I mean it can't be that difficult to stretch a hitbox or something over a limb. Or even just increase the size.

Did older games have these dead zome problems (including Smash)?
But my Netflix :(
Ok Evan

We have to make sacrifices in our lives

It's time to choose

Netflix or Salty Replays

I know this can be difficult, but it must be done

I'm sorry it has to be this way

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I can always make more dunks..............................................................................

plus I can't play mario maker online either :^((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
How do you even get a dead spot like that? I mean it can't be that difficult to stretch a hitbox or something over a limb. Or even just increase the size.

Dumb hitboxes are pretty common in games in general. Feels like older games tended to have them too big rather than too small, but I'm sure one could find examples of either.

And then you have completely baffling things like Noel's j.B:

WHY ARE HER CLOTHES A HURTBOX
WHY DOES HER CLOTHES HURTBOX EXTEND PAST THE HITBOX

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Dumb hitboxes are pretty common in games in general. Feels like older games tended to have them too big rather than too small, but I'm sure one could find examples of either.

And then you have completely baffling things like Noel's j.B:

WHY ARE HER CLOTHES A HURTBOX
WHY DOES HER CLOTHES HURTBOX EXTEND PAST THE HITBOX
looks like 90% of samus's attacks imo

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Did somebody call for Dumb Hurtbox stuff?

Here's a lingering hurtbox on ST T. Hawk's Cr. MP (and one of the many reasons why playing Classic Hawk in ST is advised)

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

It's probably a hurtbox issue. When Chun Li finally hits the other Chun Li, her foot's connecting with the other Chun Li's back leg. Chun Li's stance has always been... weird - I don't know how to explain it. Anyway, her leading leg is usually out more than say, Ryu, Ken, Sagat, etc. Even SFV's Nash's leading leg isn't that out there since his leading arm kind of makes up for the hurtbox being close to him. At the same time, if Chun Li's stance was always like that, then why are they having trouble with putting correct hurtboxes?

For hitbox issues, I can think of KoF XIII NESTS Kyo's far HP. His close HP would come out at a further distance than what would be considered close... yeah... You need to be precise when you use that move. It's a range issue with I guess how the game thinks what distance is what. There's also Super Mario 3D World where spiked solids can hit you even though you're in between them. Pretty sure older Mario games had those issues too. It kind of makes sense since trying to be accurate with those hitboxes would be a pain, so let's make it a literal hitbox. Kind of feels like BS in newer games since you'd think you pass and avoided a spike, but nope.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
"Via an infraction received by another user" takes the cake for most interesting way I've been told someone likes my sig.

I'm really bored and have nothing better to do so I'm making more in advance right now while watching speedruns.

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
"Via an infraction received by another user" takes the cake for most interesting way I've been told someone likes my sig.

I'm really bored and have nothing better to do so I'm making more in advance right now while watching speedruns.
If you do at least one about Dr. Mario I'll like, hug you or something.

Either way I like it a lot too, FYI. Really cute lil...thingie.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
I'll just steal it from your sig when I see it in the morning. He said he liked my signature, but I felt bad taking the credit. So that's when I put my addendum. Before it was just the picture.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
TFW it's 11PM and your lab report is due tomorrow

but you don't know how to do a certain part

so you wanna ask a friend

but the friend doesn't have facebook and replies to emails at like 1AM

guess I'll play some For Glory--

... oh wait there's the POTENTIALBALANCEPATCH wow

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
I'm still alive, girls.

You just have to summon me by sacrificing virgins.

And i guess you could only kill @Spirst so many times.....

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
1.1.1 came out at 11:11 PM for the record.
Replays are broken, so you gorls who know how to measure frames to do your stuff.

Last edited:

Virtue

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TripleTriad
3DS FC
3609-1766-6115
Duck Hunt the stage is now on the 3ds version.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
If you do at least one about Dr. Mario I'll like, hug you or something.

Either way I like it a lot too, FYI. Really cute lil...thingie.
I feel like I'd have to have access to the game for that, I don't know enough about Doc off the top of my head outside of Nado's BKB being nuts and I think it having good disjoint.

but ty, I spent hours messing around with different fonts and chalkboards

so you gorls who know how to measure frames to do your stuff.
buy me a new 3ds

Duck Hunt the stage is now on the 3ds version.
3DS GETTING PLAYABLE STAGES??????

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
PIRATE SHIP ON WII U
I'M LICKING MYSELF HYSTERICALLY I'M NOT EVEN JOKING.
Oh and Mii outfits I guess.

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
I feel like I'd have to have access to the game for that, I don't know enough about Doc off the top of my head outside of Nado's BKB being nuts and I think it having good disjoint.

but ty, I spent hours messing around with different fonts and chalkboards

buy me a new 3ds

3DS GETTING PLAYABLE STAGES??????
If you want some blurbs about Doc...

- Bair has 1 more sweetspot frame but 3 more total active frames than Mario's
- Ftilt has an additional active frame
- Super Jump Punch has 3 sweetspot frames, kills really good OoS, and has a big hitbox.
- Nado does have really good disjoint and knockback yes

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I'm hearing early reports that Zelda is unchanged and that Luigi got nerfed bad.

Please let the first part be a lie.

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
Wait BALANCE CHANGED FKFJGGBFHDJJD

PIRATE SHIP OMG IVE BEEN MISSIBG THAR STAGE

LUGI NERFS YES

okay srsly I'm just downloading it what's noticeably changed

Top Bottom