• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I'm so bad with Zero Skill Spamus ;_;
Spam spaced nair and paralyzer for neutral. If you hit, grab>uair them into oblivion. Repeat until they're at kill percents. When they are, keep spamming paralyzer, but use boost kick or fsmash instead of grab when you stun them. Repeat for all of their stocks.

And that's how to play Zero Gravity Spamus.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Late to the Splatoon discussion because I went to bed, but I started the game playing mainly with the .52 Gal Deco but I slowly started gravitating towards the Rollers. Now I mainly use the Krak-On Roller

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
Dang, I missed all the Splatoon talk.

Oh, and 3rd person shooters on the 3DS wouldn't work very well.

Ex: IronFall: Invasion
Ironfall makes for a nice homebrew though.:yeahboi:

I feel like Kid Icarus was a good 3rd person shooter on 3ds.
Aiming with the stylus kind of felt like using a mouse.

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
I'm so bad with Zero Skill Spamus ;_;
ZSS was my worst character by far for months. Then I read @Nairo's advice of "you miss every grab you don't take" and starting doing stuff like this:

Enjoyed reading everyone's memories from their first times in the Zelda Social. I don't know what I contribute myself, but I just hope that I'm not an annoyance.

@Fellow shy peeps:
I didn't really know that other people felt the same way as I did about posting here (and elsewhere). I always get really nervous about what everyone thinks about my posts (if nobody cares, people think I'm just trying to get attention, etc.). There have been lots of times where I'd start writing a post, but give up midway through. This is largely the reason for why I lurked for so long in the social.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Just had a look through my most recent replays. And I feel like this one match I had against McKnightlíght McKnightlíght was okay-ish to put up. Even though Lylat Cruise is jank. :V

Out of all those awesome games we had, you picked the one where I got Lylat'd? What the heck man? I wouldn't do that to my worst enemy.

.... I feel a "CPU 3 dunks EODM Montage" coming on...

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Out of all those awesome games we had, you picked the one where I got Lylat'd? What the heck man? I wouldn't do that to my worst enemy.

I don't save replays often but I got a back-in-time 2 stock in the past vs. him (lel Luigi 3good5me) so if you want we can just toast to that and call it a day perhaps? :V. I could always start though, unlike people who are bound to YT upload, I can use my capture device and put together a fab montage next time =3

Or my disgusting nasty Ryu Nair gimps vs. swordies. So delicious.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Shouldn't of taken this long to bring up Hunters and KIU.

I like Splatoon, but I don't love it. The irony being that it's the controls I don't like... Still waiting for the stylus control patch, Nintendo.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Ah, KIU. That game I bought and immediately gave up on cause the controls just did not jive with me. I really don't like SHMUPS like that, the whole "one hand on controller one hand on touch screen" thing in most instances, KIU REALLY didn't fix this problem for me.

Would've enjoyed it if it controlled like SF64, I think. I won't call it a bad game though, I just can't use its controls personally. Insofar as addicting SHMUPS, I found something much more entertaining anyways. Thunder Force 4/Whatever its name in english is (it's something weird that I can't bother to remember). Tooooo good.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Kid Icarus Uprising is not a game I can play for very long periods of time, especially because I'm left-handed.

I like the game and I love the dialogue, but man those controls.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
The thing I remember most from KIU is that I made spamming Pit's new side-B a thing before Smash Wii U was even revealed.
Got an Upperdash Arm with maxed out melee and a speed and dash attack buff. It 1HKO'd anyone who didn't have defense buffs. Most trolliest weapon ever. XP

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070

I'm up for it. :3

Go nuts.

But it was also the only match that I saved too. I'd upload the ones between me and @Koiba. But they were ones of me repeatedly crouching aftering getting a kill on his/her Puff with Roy.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I used the button aiming controls for MPHunters. It's hard to use the touch screen with one hand. I'm surprised KIUprising didn't have alternate controls.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
who changed this place into a social!?

i swear this was a guide on how to be sassy and tr4shy and BAN•ZELDAy

was my life a lie?

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Ah, KIU. That game I bought and immediately gave up on cause the controls just did not jive with me. I really don't like SHMUPS like that, the whole "one hand on controller one hand on touch screen" thing in most instances, KIU REALLY didn't fix this problem for me.

Would've enjoyed it if it controlled like SF64, I think. I won't call it a bad game though, I just can't use its controls personally. Insofar as addicting SHMUPS, I found something much more entertaining anyways. Thunder Force 4/Whatever its name in english is (it's something weird that I can't bother to remember). Tooooo good.
I dunno if Broken Thunder will be up your alley. But I found this amazing remix of one the Broken Thunder themes by S.S.H.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
I gave up on KIU the moment i played the tutorial because i knew i wouldn't be able to do the controls lol. i'm still more upset that i lost $5 returning it on the next day because "restocking fee" why do i have to pay you to put it back on the shelf?

then i remembered why i don't go in that buy backs anymore lol

i can't wait for LiS episode 5 so i can binge play it and not wait between episodes which is why i still haven't started episode 2 yet lol. i'm excited and hope that BJN39 BJN39 will keep her gif spoilers to a minimum for me :secretkpop:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I loved KI:U to death and the controls didn't bother me a bit. I still need to finish all the 9.0 levels :v

I have been playing so much Hyrule Warriors lately. I'd barely touched the DLC aside from the characters so I decided to change that. 100% completed both the original and Master Quest maps, now I'm working on the Twilight map~

Young Link is so ****ing adorable I can't handle it omg

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Kid Icarus Uprising is not a game I can play for very long periods of time, especially because I'm left-handed.

I like the game and I love the dialogue, but man those controls.
ABXY movement is very usable, actually. I'd try that if you haven't already.

The thing I remember most from KIU is that I made spamming Pit's new side-B a thing before Smash Wii U was even revealed.
Got an Upperdash Arm with maxed out melee and a speed and dash attack buff. It 1HKO'd anyone who didn't have defense buffs. Most trolliest weapon ever. XP
Fun Fact: Most weapons in KIU could OHKO/ORKO. My namesake KOs at IIRC 150m and closer. We didn't call FFA Dynasty Warriors mode for nothing lol.

And apparently the Dabuz was a KIU pro back in the day.

I used the button aiming controls for MPHunters. It's hard to use the touch screen with one hand. I'm surprised KIUprising didn't have alternate controls.
It did... There's a quick turn button and you can map the buttons to movement or aiming along with the circle pad, not to mention an autofire toggle in solo and Circle Pad Pro (and thus N3DS) support. The control remapping interface in SSB3D was taken wholesale from KIU.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Will admit, when I saw KI:U. I thought everyone was talking about some game called Killer Instinct: Ultra. :V

And just had a few matches on TF2, was quite fun. Tried going Cleaner's Carbine + Bushwacka combo with Sniper. I did not last long. :V (All of his SMGs are terrible.)

Also, ProJared made a video on some obscure game called Oscar for the SNES. And looking at it is giving me motion sickness. @~@

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I have Mario Maker now, send me your levels.
Okay. Have several. :yeahboi:

Kirby's Adventure with Nikki
6011-0000-003E-E72C

Zelda Social - BAN•Zelda
4AFA-0000-002C-9F01

The Koopa Express
B0BF-0000-002C-6F9D

You're still Low Tier Bowser!
F5E0-0000-0022-1F51

Hurry Doc! Late for Med School!
CBD9-0000-0021-6E55

I'd post the rest, but I don't think they're as good. :V

Last edited:

KarmaCastle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KarmaCastle

Oh look. Something related to SM4SH and Zelda and not Splat00n. :secretkpop:

Jk I just have to force myself into the conversation because I know nothing about it and the topic isn't fading away as I assumed it would.

Also, question for you gorls out of my own curiosity, when do you friendly SD? Note, if you are of the "Shouldn't have to pay for your/their mistakes" mindset, that's fine. For example, I WON'T friendly SD if it was clearly my pressure forcing them to panic/make a mistake, or if they tried to be flashy (Sheik down air). Otherwise if they do something silly at low percents on accident I'll dive into the depths of the abyss alongside them.

Exceptions being tournaments, obv.

And GOD DAMN I hate the Gamecube's directional stick. The weird octagon shape keeps catching it when I try to recover with FW and I'm SDing all over the place now.

Last edited:

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
Callie of course.

Also, I'm really glad you guys decided to both have sentimental and Splatoon discussion while I was both playing Mario maker and having to sleep.

Yep! So glad to not have been invited to that. So glad to also miss people who used to frequent this social as well like Twili Twili
View attachment 74465
It's ok fellow squid sister, I'm still here ~
I love Callie lots but I have to go with Marie :3

That is why Marie is best. :secretkpop:
She's such a ***** it's so fantastic :awesome:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Also, question for you gorls out of my own curiosity, when do you friendly SD?
Pretty much never. I used to on occasion early on, but frequently found I wouldn't be shown the same courtesy. Since then it's either only if they did it for me first or if I run into someone on FG I'm really interested in playing more and don't want them to get discouraged and leave over an unfortunate SD.

|ven|

ᵔᴥᵔ かわいい ᵔᴥᵔ
NNID
Hyuven
So yesterday in the tournament, I did bad. Really bad. My first set was streamed, and I lost 2:1. If the matched is posted on Youtube, I'll post it here. I lost to someone else in loser's directly after that, so I drowned in pools. I literally did not win a single tournament match with Zelda, and Falco was the character who actually won me matches. Worst of all, I can't really ask for advice since I don't have my Wii U with me. I also had some friendlies with Ven, and he destroyed me, but it was still fun.

Also, I apologize for mostly just lurking and not doing anything productive or being fun. It's just that I'm shy with people I don't know well personally. Hopefully this could change in a few months when I can actually play Smash with others here.
Hey sorry for not giving you advice that day. I was honestly so salty :U. You have a good Zelda but work on not following through combos. I noticed that even if you miss the first hit of a combo i.e. D-tilt to jab to grab, you still following through and that's what I punished a lot. Also, when you're trying to get back to the ground, don't air dodge a lot and you don't always have to recover offensively. Remember you can always back away if you feel the need to/ it's more safe to do it that way. Also, I would grab more into combos. You had lots of opportunities to grab your opponent (I watched some of your other matches) but chose not to. Grabbing may seem not that effective but it does damage which is what you need.

P.S. I SAW YOU STEAL MY D Grab to down air read combo. YOU THINK YOU'RE SLICK. Jk I'm glad you're incorporating that into your gameplay. I'm glad someone else learned it c:

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I have but it still doesn't feel right to me

Also, do people actually play KIU online still?
Hm, I'm surprised. When I lost my stylus for a month that's what I settled with.

Kinda sorta. Randoms are pretty active during typical times, 8-10pm in America and Japan, and clans generally play KIU alongside MK7, MK8, Smash and Splatoon namely.

Prepare to get rekt if you hop in a clan and fight with the stuff you picked up casually though. Pokemon would be a good comparison.

The things you can find on Pixiv.
That's Sanic and... Copen from ASGV? Or some other anime dude, heh.

Top Bottom