• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Since the Smash Ballot results are nearing us. Who do you girls believe will be the Top 5 most voted characters? :3
The most voted SHOULD be Wii Fit Balance Board, but people still don't like that idea smh
But Inklings better be top 5. They make too much sense as a DLC character, I don't see why they shouldn't be in the game. Other than that, I think there's a Zelda character in there. Probably Impa, but I don't care, we just need more Zelda characters (that don't suck. K Sakurai? K.)
Even though it probably isn't voted for much, I feel like a new type of mii has a good chance of making it in. They don't have to make any new models, just outfits and moves. (well I guess new outfits means new models but you get the point.)
Oh yeah I forgot about Wolf. XP He is probably top 5.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Hopefully

Probably
even though he's a stage hazard
I hope that Wolf makes it in, since he was one of the most fun characters I ever used in Brawl. And he was one of the three space animals that was actually really fun for me to use.

I'd hope for Melia, since I feel like we could have another Xenoblade representative, but I don't think she'll get in. Plus Melia would just be a zoning/spacing version of Shulk with Ether Art. :V

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Since the Smash Ballot results are nearing us. Who do you girls believe will be the Top 5 most voted characters? :3
5. Steve from Minecraft
4. Random oc
3. Naruto
2. Freddy
1. GOKUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!
It's ok fellow squid sister, I'm still here ~
I love Callie lots but I have to go with Marie :3

She's such a ***** it's so fantastic :awesome:
Yaaaaay! *Huggles* :happysheep:

How you been? Life been treating you ok? :3
I have Mario Maker now, send me your levels.
Simple Treasure Cave: 2D05-0000-0028-F791
Bowser's Attack Force: DCFB-0000-002A-CA4D
Mushroom Kingdom Inkling Prison: B7B6-0000-002B-8331
Fly High Against the Airships!: 9DD1-0000-0030-EDBC
Ashley's Haunted Micro Games: 7B99-0000-0039-D956
Bowser's Ground Poundin' Revenge: 89DD-0000-005A-39D2

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
top 5 in ballot will be as follows:

1. Pichu

2. Pichu

3. Pichu

3. Pichu

4. Pichu

5. Spiky eared Pichu

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
So what Red Tyrant is so obsessedT with me and campedT out in this thread for me?
I should at least know who my stalkerfan is.

I have to commend the great amount of creativity and thought you put into your names and avatars. Not everyone can come up with a new Gaycat avatar while basing their old username on a video game.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Honestly they're not going to tell us. They're probably going to go "this is the character we chose from the ballot!" and completely neglect to mention who actually "won."

It's actually in his Twitter bio.

Whelp, didn't know that. Expected people to doubt me.

Wonder if he still plays since it's in Twitter...

Soul.

Ballot results:

1. Speculah

2. Only

3. Results

4. In

5. Wasting Time Resorting to Arguments

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
*Starts up Mario Maker. Says I can't connect to the internet, so I press the home menu button.*
"Friends online: 8"
*Starts up Miiverse, still can't connect to the internet, goes back to home menu.*
*Starts up friend list and it says I'm online. Tries to open up Miiverse again but is told that I still can't connect to the internet. Goes back to home menu.*
Nintendo pls

Also Macchi why are you playing Mario Party 10, the third most tr4shiest game in the series (behind 9 and Island Tour)

And hi and bye Fujin

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
*Starts up Mario Maker. Says I can't connect to the internet, so I press the home menu button.*
*Starts up Miiverse, still can't connect to the internet, goes back to home menu.*
*Starts up friend list and it says I'm online. Tries to open up Miiverse again but is told that I still can't connect to the internet. Goes back to home menu.*
Nintendo pls

Also Macchi why are you playing Mario Party 10, the third most tr4shiest game in the series (behind 9 and Island Tour)

And hi and bye Fujin
I have a 8 yearold brother, if you see my mii play skylander or mario party 10. then it's not me.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
I hope that Wolf makes it in, since he was one of the most fun characters I ever used in Brawl. And he was one of the three space animals that was actually really fun for me to use.
I agree. I need his up smash and side taunt again in my life. :wolf:
Speaking the truth.

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
K.Rool will probably be somewhere in there, he's a popular pick in Japan and NA (Don't know about europe.).

I'm hoping Bandana Dee makes it in, but i have my doubts..

Also I went back and liked a bunch of posts, so sorry for any inbox floods. :D

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I agree. I need his up smash and side taunt again in my life. :wolf:

Speaking the truth.
Trash is as trash does. It is merely the discarded remains that are deemed worthless. However, it did once hold value in its life. That is why many people are hesitant to throw out their things.

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
Yaaaaay! *Huggles* :happysheep:

How you been? Life been treating you ok? :3
*huggle* \o/
Ah, it's been so-so honestly. I'm ok though, I spend most of my free time as a kid squid when not on adventures with roomies :happysheep:
How about you?

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I think I could play Mario Maker for the rest of my life.

And I think I will.

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
I know she won't win, and I know we already have ZSS in her red alt which is basically her from the Oops!... music video, but I'm hoping for

Britney.

KarmaCastle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KarmaCastle
Why is the GC controller so hyped?

I hit up training mode after I SD'd again for the hundredth time today and I found out that if I tried to FW diagonally it would get caught in the top or top left groove instead of between the two where I was actually aiming.

Or is it just the best controller when you don't need pinpoint precision because you can teleport in 32 different directions instead of 8 in an octagon?

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere

I hit up training mode after I SD'd again for the hundredth time today and I found out that if I tried to FW diagonally it would get caught in the top or top left groove instead of between the two where I was actually aiming.

Or is it just the best controller when you don't need pinpoint precision because you can teleport in 32 different directions instead of 8 in an octagon?
Mostly preference, plus it's incredibly hard to mess up pushing the wrong because every button is a different shape & size

It's the only controller that works with Melee & I would imagine a lot of people grew up playing like that

Personally for me the controller couldn't fit better in my hands & everything is so close, control stick is responsive, the button layout & C-stick placement is perfect, triggers are satisfying to press

Furret

Long Body Pokémon

well in the case you provided
each notch is like a measurement or a ruler to a player they don't necessarily use the notch every time it just allows them to know precisely where they are and they can base the angle off of that

some other things I like on the GC controller
  • buttons seem to stick less and pop up better
  • the location of the c stick is easy for swiping used in certain movements, such as spinshot or retreating aerials
  • the stick itself is less sensitive and comes with grooves allowing you to measure your movements, which is nice should you tend to make jerky movements like me
somethings that I don't like about the GC controller
  • the dpad sucks
  • while the triggers act as soon as you press them, i'm really not used to them, I prefer an actual button
overall though there isn't much difference outside of Cstick location, which a bottom cstick is ten times more useful as a sonic player

KarmaCastle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KarmaCastle
while the triggers act as soon as you press them, i'm really not used to them, I prefer an actual button
This part gets me a lot too. I feel like I'm slamming the block/grab trigger buttons as hard as I can to get them to come out, and the clinky popping sound after releasing them makes it feel more odd.

I feel like I have to be a LOT more aggressive when hitting the buttons, including the attack/jumps, because of how they clink? If that makes sense? I'm hoping it's just a matter of using and aging the controller to bring it down a bit. After using the WII U Pad for a month the trigger set up is taking a lot to get through my head. I'm basically abusing my poor controller at this point. But I still wanna learn it because I figure it has to be preferred and tournament standard for a reason.

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
I tried to download the Peach's Castle and Hyrule Castle 64 stages from the eShop, but it wouldn't let me check out without using the GamePad (which has a cracked screen so I can't see anything). Why Nintendo? You let me navigate the eShop with the pro controller but I can't input my credit card info with it?

The tools and extra screen (digitizer) I ordered can't come in soon enough.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I like the Pro more because:
- convenience of being wireless
- works with a ton of games
- SSS tier battery
- Jump cancels and buffering stuff from jumps is a lot easier for me since my thumb just slides over the buttons. GCC's buttons are too big/tall for me to consistently do it. This is the main reason.
- I like how it feels
- Same button names as the 3DS and Gamepad
- The shoulder buttons

Also Fujin resurrection when

Last edited:

Virtue

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TripleTriad
3DS FC
3609-1766-6115
:)
Hey sorry for not giving you advice that day. I was honestly so salty :U. You have a good Zelda but work on not following through combos. I noticed that even if you miss the first hit of a combo i.e. D-tilt to jab to grab, you still following through and that's what I punished a lot. Also, when you're trying to get back to the ground, don't air dodge a lot and you don't always have to recover offensively. Remember you can always back away if you feel the need to/ it's more safe to do it that way. Also, I would grab more into combos. You had lots of opportunities to grab your opponent (I watched some of your other matches) but chose not to. Grabbing may seem not that effective but it does damage which is what you need.

P.S. I SAW YOU STEAL MY D Grab to down air read combo. YOU THINK YOU'RE SLICK. Jk I'm glad you're incorporating that into your gameplay. I'm glad someone else learned it c:
Thank you for the advice.:)
I just often forget to grab in the heat of battle. Also, I often challenge moves with offensive options too much because I get anxious to turn the tables.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
*huggle* \o/
Ah, it's been so-so honestly. I'm ok though, I spend most of my free time as a kid squid when not on adventures with roomies :happysheep:
How about you?
*huggle*
I also spend my time as a kid squid, though I also become a "Mario Maker" occasionally.

Life is so-so on my end as well. I'm a senior now, so it's mostly an odd and pretty downer feeling of my uncertain future. Especially since I'm actually clueless on how colleges work. I'm honestly a little scared, but I'm still trying to enjoy life.

I'm at least thankful for one thing, I am certain on what I wanted to be when I grew up, which is something a lot of people struggle with. I always wanted to be a game designer, ever since the 6th grade. So I'll do anything to get there. Maybe it might take a while to learn what I need to and to get a grip on how to live without a parent, but I already waited 6 years. Whats 6 more? :p

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
I use a classic controller pro. the button configuration on that is more similar to a 3DS/SNES/etc.

I only got it because my GC controllers broke, and it was cheaper at the time. Still works fairly well, plus I can use it with Xenoblade which is always a big plus <3

I don't like the Pro Controller triggers, especially ZR and ZL, those are weird. plus the C stick above ABXY? and the lack of grooves makes it harder to tell which direction you're pressing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom