• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I think my biggest contribution/impact to this thread is getting a warning for calling Tea-No out on his one-man raid (though, @Macchiato, you were freaking savage when that happened, lol).

I'm a boring person who makes boring posts.
Biggest contributions I've made I feel are semi-frequent EventHubs updates and this:
2015-08-23 01.18.45.png

brb checking EventHubs tear list because it makes you cry
Screenshot_2015-09-20-21-06-35.png
52 was DK, he got cut off.

But can we talk about Zelda being above Olimar and META KNIGHT?

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
my biggest contributions were the birth of BJN,Eraser of Souls
that and letting you gorls know Swordfighter is a character

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla
I'm not gonna lie, I read the first five or so pages of the social for kicks every once in awhile.

Never leave, fuujin.

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
My biggest contribution to this thread was probably Hunger Games simulator that resulted in said BJN X Aero ship

Otherwise I just lurk here and join conversations from time to time.

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.
I think my biggest contribution/impact to this thread is getting a warning for calling Tea-No out on his one-man raid (though, @Macchiato, you were freaking savage when that happened, lol).

I'm a boring person who makes boring posts.
Omg I went back and tracked that page.
We apologize for not spending our time licking amiibos of our character.
That was so beautiful. :')

Anyways my biggest contribution would probably be the birth of :secretzpop:. Idek if I consider that great because I'm not entirely sure whether I should be proud or ashamed of myself.

D

Deleted member

Weren't you using a Daisy alt Peach avatar? Also, I remember you from the Smash 4 social.

I don't remember why I posted here... All I remember is that it involved @FalKoopa... and I think a raid... I do know that I ended up migrating over here from the Smash 4 social when it became way too meme-y.
Uh.......uh.......I don't remember, but I probably did LOL.

I remember the days before you, @BJN39, @Yaaay and Moydow Moydow were mods. Y'all were just average gorls like the rest of us.

Now y'all are some
red tyranTs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
To be fair, @Ffamran always brings in his perspective on games and such. Most are about his Falco woes, but he also talks about other games. There was discussion on the Final Fantasy series and Custom Moves a couple of hundred pages ago.

In regards to the "Old Zelda Social", its time has passed. It's why we call it the "old" social. Leave it be. We may not be the "Old Zelda Social" you've come to love, but that's not a bad thing. "Change denotes neither good nor bad. It just means not the same." That's a quote that's stuck with me for five long years for good reason. It allowed myself to keep an open mind to things like art, music, or people. An example is Metallica, my favorite artist of all time. It formed in 1981 and is still going strong. Their music has covered a range of styles in their 34 years, from their thrash metal beginning to their hard rock period to some symphonic enhancements. Some have come to only like one particular style they have, and then condemn the band and its fans for liking anything other than what they do. They have shut off everything that isn't what they know.

Sure this place is silly, sure we don't always have in-depth conversation, but do we need to? Why do we need to be "fixed"? We aren't broken. To call what we have here "worthless talk" insults me. It was our "worthless talk" that drew us together, and to say that it means nothing is infuriating. While you choose whether or not to accept what this social is, I'll be here in this social for better or for worse
To a point I agree, to a point I do not. Of course in the olden days, we had extremely silly conversations. Just look at the whole Mopcina incident, and the whole concept of raiding!
However, this place did seem volatile, especially to one who came back after time. After seeing my old friends however, things remain the same. The difference being we are older, and wiser.

I apologize about criticizing your way of speaking and conversing and such.
However, it is a bit hypocritical to yell at someone for change, whilst having a speech about change. I merely wanted the closer, more thoughtful group we used to have to reconvene. So that everyone comes back to meet these newcomers. Thereby mixing our ways, old and new to strengthen this social and make it a better place for everyone.

Have you seen what this has accomplished in only one night? I feel close again to the friends I once loved and knew, and I have gotten to meet new faces. Twili Twili has made a long awaited return as well! You cannot say that isn't a good thing.

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
My biggest contribution was bringing to everyone's attention the "Is Samus Really The Worst Character" thread, and the uproar it caused because they were saying things along the lines of "We're better than Zelda and even Link!" and trying to defend how broken their character is.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I went back to the Tea-noe raid and like a bunch of posts. Sorry if anyone has a stuffed notifications box.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Is there an easier way to find your first post in a thread? I tried the search function but it stopped after page 500 of the results.

Idk what my contribution is. I just derp around here, lol.

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413
Nostalgia talk, eh? Welp, now's a good time to come out of lurking!
I started posting here on Page 731 (Don't ask how I remember that), and stopped coming here at around 1300. I never did anything special around here, so I'm gonna be hella suprised if anyone here even remembers me lol
And I see new users I don't even know, so yeah, I definitely missed some stuff while I was gone.

Soul.

After S4S' recent lock last month I decided to not come there anymore, and only come there when I feel like it. The memefest got old.

Still remember this social having a discussion on April 1st, the day they aired a Nintendo Direct, me making fun of Reserved's Kirby avatar, and idk what else, being the lol Pikachu person of this thread

D

Deleted member

My biggest contribution here would probably be the Selena Quintanilla gifs LOL.

I don't even remember what pages they're on or where I saved them ;-;

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
My absolute favorite thing that happened in this thread was page 1556.

When everyone was talking about the Zelda Social compilation video (which was awesome), some guy barged in and said this:
You people have the worst social thread ever. You just waste time complaining about Zelda, rather than actually doing anything with her, and now you people have gone WAY off subject on these threads. Some mains you people are, not actually caring about your character, and instead missing the point altogether. I understand Zelda may not be the best character, as I main a mediocre character myself. But please, will you people stay on topic.
And then @Space Stranger made the most perfect response:
>Barges into social thread without contributing to discussion
>Ignores other threads with actual competitive discussion
>Whines about being off topic
>On topic in a social thread
>mfw

I'll never forget that page.

KarmaCastle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KarmaCastle
I merely wanted the closer, more thoughtful group we used to have to reconvene. So that everyone comes back to meet these newcomers. Thereby mixing our ways, old and new to strengthen this social and make it a better place for everyone.
I haven't had much to say since this is mostly a reminiscent evening for the thread, but I'd like to point out some things.

I've only been posting for a little over a month, and the Zelda social is by far one of the most welcoming and personable boards I've ever come across. I've been an influential poster in games such as League of Legends (it still prides me when people recognize my IGN and say, "oh, you're that poster who always talks about Karma, right?") and I browse Blizzard forums (Diablo, Warcraft, Starcraft etc) and post often.

I'm laying the groundwork just to clarify that I have been around the block when it comes to forums and boards.

I've already had multiple people offer to play with me with some friendlies, and the Gorls were all very supportive when I was talking about entering my first tourney. Even after I made my first post, one of the first things anyone did was compliment my avatar to make me feel more at ease.

The topics vary from page to page. Occasionally they focus on gameplay or complaints about balance; other times we talk about unrelated games, such as Phoenix Wright a few pages back. There are silly and lighthearted posts with GIFS and JPGS, general social posts such as "Morning, how is everyone" and more serious posts in the "Been having a rough week" "Been really sick this weekend" to which the rest of the closeknit group here responds like a herd of Sassy Mommas in their reaffirming manner.

Clearly I wasn't here during the Golden age that triggered the nostalgic journey, but I want to get my input out on the matter, specifically AS a new poster. This community is amazing. It can take things seriously and lightly, which is rare to find on forums, and is welcoming to the point of near awkwardness. Whenever we get new "hey I'm new here" posts (which I haven't seen any replies from those same posters since ><) a good group of the then-online veterans make a point to say "Welcome! We hope you like it here! (Insert a friendly follow up question to include the newbie.)"

Just my newbie 2 cents.

To a point I agree, to a point I do not. Of course in the olden days, we had extremely silly conversations. Just look at the whole Mopcina incident, and the whole concept of raiding!
However, this place did seem volatile, especially to one who came back after time. After seeing my old friends however, things remain the same. The difference being we are older, and wiser.

I apologize about criticizing your way of speaking and conversing and such.
However, it is a bit hypocritical to yell at someone for change, whilst having a speech about change. I merely wanted the closer, more thoughtful group we used to have to reconvene. So that everyone comes back to meet these newcomers. Thereby mixing our ways, old and new to strengthen this social and make it a better place for everyone.

Have you seen what this has accomplished in only one night? I feel close again to the friends I once loved and knew, and I have gotten to meet new faces. Twili Twili has made a long awaited return as well! You cannot say that isn't a good thing.
I was saying that change is natural and it happens over time. I was criticizing you for wanting to force a sudden change upon us in order to restore the good 'ol days, for wanting us to conform to your standards, and for being disrespectful. I get that you miss what was here. You've been gone for a while and a lot of things are different, so why not reintroduce yourself instead of saying those things? Why not introduce an interesting topic, instead of saying this is all shallow talk? It makes no sense.

It's fantastic that you've reunited with your friends and have made new ones, but it doesn't justify the means.

D

Deleted member

Don't forget Sing > Laser! That was a pretty big deal.
I FORGOT ALL ABOUT THAT OMG. That was so worth it :039:

I thought i'd miss having Peach as my top main, but ever since I bumped Jiggly up to that spot, it's been going pretty well for me. I'm haven't had any rough times with Smash recently, so it must be a good sign.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Tfw everybody in the thread is like 2,000 pages / 5-10 years old to Smashboards and has beautiful nostalgic stories of sisterhood and Sass bonding.

View attachment 74420
kiddo I joined smash boards just in the past year
Hell, I don't even know if the youngsters enjoy my input
Biggest contributions I've made I feel are semi-frequent EventHubs updates and this:
View attachment 74424
brb checking EventHubs tear list because it makes you cry
View attachment 7442552 was DK, he got cut off.

But can we talk about Zelda being above Olimar and META KNIGHT?
wario number 47
wah
my biggest contributions were the birth of BJN,Eraser of Souls
that and letting you gorls know Swordfighter is a character
I've contributed nothing....

go me.... cry by myself

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
My biggest contribution would probably be those photoshops I made.

I'm probably the most proud of my Mac side-b gif and Zelda showing that ZSS is a faker.

Other than that I guess I'm mainly more of a lurker.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I kinda remember my first time around in Smashboards. I first was mainly in the Brawl Zelda social because it was still decently active. Met Fuujin and Aleate there as well as some other peeps. Fuujin was also the one to tell me not to go to the Sm4sh Zelda social because everyone were Zorldo waifufegs that thought she was high tier in this game smh

But I ended up posting here anyway a few weeks later and I never looked back~ Met the rest of you gorls here, and I remember wasting New Year's Eve to raid the Lucina boards :secretkpop:

Also honestly one of our most golden pages is page 736. Please check that page out :^)

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
My biggest contribution would probably be those photoshops I made.

I'm probably the most proud of my Mac side-b gif and Zelda showing that ZSS is a faker.

Other than that I guess I'm mainly more of a lurker.
uZQQrJ0.png

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408

Virtue

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TripleTriad
3DS FC
3609-1766-6115
So yesterday in the tournament, I did bad. Really bad. My first set was streamed, and I lost 2:1. If the matched is posted on Youtube, I'll post it here. I lost to someone else in loser's directly after that, so I drowned in pools. I literally did not win a single tournament match with Zelda, and Falco was the character who actually won me matches. Worst of all, I can't really ask for advice since I don't have my Wii U with me. I also had some friendlies with Ven, and he destroyed me, but it was still fun.

Also, I apologize for mostly just lurking and not doing anything productive or being fun. It's just that I'm shy with people I don't know well personally. Hopefully this could change in a few months when I can actually play Smash with others here.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
If I've made any contributions to this place, I need any of you gurls to say it cause I can't think of anything.

Hopefully my presence here has been a buff to this thread and not a nerf.

KarmaCastle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KarmaCastle
So yesterday in the tournament, I did bad. Really bad. My first set was streamed, and I lost 2:1. If the matched is posted on Youtube, I'll post it here. I lost to someone else in loser's directly after that, so I drowned in pools. I literally did not win a single tournament match with Zelda, and Falco was the character who actually won me matches. Worst of all, I can't really ask for advice since I don't have my Wii U with me. I also had some friendlies with Ven, and he destroyed me, but it was still fun.

Also, I apologize for mostly just lurking and not doing anything productive or being fun. It's just that I'm shy with people I don't know well personally. Hopefully this could change in a few months when I can actually play Smash with others here.

Got 25th at my locals. The Zelda Road is a tough one, but it shall be glorious once the Art is mastered!

If you ever have any questions or want to play some rounds, feel free to just drop a line. I'm really glad I did; @CPU 3 and I had some really fun games for a 3 hour marathon (which I only know because that's how long our Skype call was) and he let me know about the backstory to the Zelda boards too, as well as boosting my confidence in the game and helping me learn how to space properly on non-omega battlestages. I've thanked him already, but Suicidal_Donuts Suicidal_Donuts is the reason I even bothered entering a tournament because I realized I had the potential when I was able to hold my ground against him. Though his Lucas destroyed me and I found out later he was sick...

Anywho! So far my experience with everyone has been great. I'm way too shy in person like I was at my tourney yesterday, but the whole online anonymity thing helps me out ><.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Y'all are reminding me how I can only participate in online tournies cause Illinois is dead af.

Speaking of online tournies, I remember when I used to place really well in them. I even won a tourney once and I got Lucas as a prize :p He's the only DLC character other than Mewtwo that I have cx.

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
Apparently my biggest contribution is the concept of page stealing. Which my reputation still stands for.. heh

Dug up my first post while I was at it.
I was summoned.

Hello Zeldagoers.
Nothing really noteworthy. I came in just as sassy as I am today.

D

Deleted member

Okay Twili Twili that Marie gif reminded me of something

I DON'T KNOW WHICH SQUID SISTER I LIKE MORE

I LIKE CALLIE'S HAPPY AND JOYFUL PERSONALITY BUT MARIE'S HUMOR AND SASS IS GREAT.

WHICH ONE...

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296

I LIKE CALLIE'S HAPPY AND JOYFUL PERSONALITY BUT MARIE'S HUMOR AND SASS IS GREAT.

WHICH ONE...

I love Callie's silly and bright personality, but Marie is my spirit animal. I love how mellow, bratty, and sassy she is, even if she's a *****. She's me in every way; she's even lazy as hell and loves puns! Perfect ;)
(btw i made that gif and i'm so proud of it)

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408

WHICH ONE...

WVW69iQnrukAaee08U.jpeg
WVW69iQyFfw3BfDPEM.jpeg
tumblr_nso7ggErpK1schtyno1_1280.jpg

Marie wins.
(I can pull up more sassy quotes if you aren'T convinced)

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I love Callie's silly and bright personality, but Marie is my spirit animal. I love how mellow, bratty, and sassy she is, even if she's a *****. She's me in every way; she's even lazy as hell and loves puns! Perfect ;)
(btw i made that gif and i'm so proud of it)
DUDE THIS IS LIKE A LIFE CRISIS RIGHT NOW.

W H I C H O N E

*listens to Squid Sister music*

Their music is actually really catchy and I can't get it out of my head xD

Top Bottom