• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Twilight Princess['s] fishing hole area was beautiful.
Can't argue there.

Fishing still sucks though..

GP is so punishable
wow someone gets it

I don't know where the whole "GP neutralizes projectile characters" thing comes from because that **** is as much of a commitment as a whiffed smash attack and doesn't exert offensive pressure, if you aren't across the stage from your opponent (i.e. easy powershield distance anyway) it's such a free punish.

Soul.

Luma makes me feel so pessimistic
but no more pessimistic than :4pikachu: being pessmistic competitively :^)

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
Figures you main rosa. Considering your space based name and all lol. But then again, my "EquinoX" tag is the same deal.:p

Yeah, you just seemed awfully uncomfortable in the rosa v. pacman matches. We can always fight again later on a better day.
I labbed that matchup really hard ever since Apex so I know what to do against GP, Plush star babies, galaxies, and halos lol.
I have no idea how to fight pacman lol. Honestly You are the victor of our first two matches because I only won due to lol sudden death. I'll keep practicing and get better!

Last edited:

KarmaCastle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KarmaCastle
@ Suicidal_Donuts Suicidal_Donuts Thanks for sparring with me. I'm getting practice with @ McKnightlíght McKnightlíght now and entered a tournament. You inspired me to get serious <3.

PS, I tried FF nair off stage. It worked. But then he footstooled me off screen at the bottom blast zone ;^;...

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
@ Suicidal_Donuts Suicidal_Donuts Thanks for sparring with me. I'm getting practice with @ McKnightlíght McKnightlíght now and entered a tournament. You inspired me to get serious <3.

PS, I tried FF nair off stage. It worked. But then he footstooled me off screen at the bottom blast zone ;^;...
Aww thank you so much! I hope it goes well! I'm doing a tournament as well! And omg noooooooooooo that's never happened to me before, that's really unfortunate. It's better to use at higher percents so they get knocked farther away (also keep in mind the angle they will get knocked at).

KarmaCastle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KarmaCastle
Anyone up for some games? Got out of a 3 hour session with @ McKnightlíght McKnightlíght super ggs. I hope I get seeded against an Ike at the tourney tomorrow, since that's all the non FG/Omega experience I have. And I had no idea how badly Zelda could 99% guarantee gimp the poor guy. :secretkpop:

I gotta get all the non FG practice in as possible. Going to a weekly means there's guaranteed weekly veterans who've been doing it God knows how long and have live experience. Not only will I be learning a new controller and deal with IRL tourney pressure, I have to deal with adjusting to non--wifi combat. My rolling is probably going to get punished to an embarrassing degree.

MY GOAL IS TO MAKE IT PAST THE FIRST ROUND.

Who wants to help train me and make a montage :^)?

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
Anyone up for some games? Got out of a 3 hour session with @ McKnightlíght McKnightlíght super ggs. I hope I get seeded against an Ike at the tourney tomorrow, since that's all the non FG/Omega experience I have. And I had no idea how badly Zelda could 99% guarantee gimp the poor guy. :secretkpop:

I gotta get all the non FG practice in as possible. Going to a weekly means there's guaranteed weekly veterans who've been doing it God knows how long and have live experience. Not only will I be learning a new controller and deal with IRL tourney pressure, I have to deal with adjusting to non--wifi combat. My rolling is probably going to get punished to an embarrassing degree.

MY GOAL IS TO MAKE IT PAST THE FIRST ROUND.

Who wants to help train me and make a montage :^)?
I am.

:link:

KarmaCastle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KarmaCastle
Friend request sent. I'll host a room.

Edit to avoid 3 posts in a row: No biggie. If anyone else is down feel free to post and add me, KarmaCastle.

Edit2:
Going to a tourney this weekend in SoCal. Wish me luck Gorls <3 Aiming for top 8.
Same twitch channel you sent us for the replay? I wanna see your Zelda in action <3

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
GGs @ KarmaCastle KarmaCastle I'm still not convinced I played the same person I did yesterday, your LKs were insanely on point.

Last edited:

KarmaCastle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KarmaCastle
I'm playing against a Palutena that's doing that thing where you tilt the directional button right then left, but you actual move right. Is that wave dashing?

Whatever it is, I've never seen it in Sm4sh before.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I'm playing against a Palutena that's doing that thing where you tilt the directional button right then left, but you actual move right. Is that wave dashing?

Whatever it is, I've never seen it in Sm4sh before.
Do you mean derp sliding?

It basically makes PaleTuna a sleeper top tier.

You start walking one way, quickly turn without dashing but then keep holding the first direction. Rinse and repeat before Palutena starts her walking animation to slide across the stage while spinning.

Better timing can get PaleTuna to really side around.

I could do it perfectly on the 3DS. Not so much on WiiU. It's harder to execute there imo.

It works well with Palutena because of whatever weird designing they did with ha turning animation.

PS it literally does nothing besides make PaleTuna do fish flopping. It's the most troll tactic + tilts. Not even close to wave dashing.

Last edited:

KarmaCastle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KarmaCastle
Do you mean derp sliding?

It basically makes PaleTuna a sleeper top tier.

You start walking one way, quickly turn without dashing but then keep holding the first direction. Rinse and repeat before Palutena starts her walking animation to slide across the stage while spinning.

Better timing can get PaleTuna to really side around.

I could do it perfectly on the 3DS. Not so much on WiiU. It's harder to execute there imo.

It works well with Palutena because of whatever weird designing they did with ha turning animation.

PS it literally does nothing besides make PaleTuna do fish flopping. It's the most troll tactic + tilts. Not even close to wave dashing.
She was able to do it perfectly to the point of moving at Zelda's speed walk, and would mix it in with reversed grabs that reached a mile. I got destroyed holy ****.

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
wavedash confirmed palutena sss tier has science gone too far?

Last edited:

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
GGs @ Macchiato Macchiato !
As you can tell, I'm awful at the Zelda matchup... It's actually sad. Your Zelda uses the ledge cancel and combos pretty well and has good spacing. Sadly, I don't think there's much you can to do improve her until we get buffed again (which will hopefully lead to new useful tactics). Your Peach was also pretty good, and I'm assuming ZSS was just because?

Do you have any advice for me or opinions on who I do best with? I stayed away from Zelda because lol Zelda dittos. I haven't used Ness really since Lucas came out btw, since he is inferior in my heart when you have Lucas. Mother 3 makes me cry.

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
GGs @ Macchiato Macchiato !
As you can tell, I'm awful at the Zelda matchup... It's actually sad. Your Zelda uses the ledge cancel and combos pretty well and has good spacing. Sadly, I don't think there's much you can to do improve her until we get buffer again (which will hopefully lead to new useful tactics). Your Peach was also pretty good, and I'm assuming ZSS was just because?

Do you have any advice for me or opinions on who I do best with. I stayed away from Zelda because lol Zelda dittos. I haven't used Ness really since Lucas came out btw, since he is inferior in my heart when you have Lucas. Mother 3 makes me cry.
Your falco is the best. The only thing you need to fix is using Side B more safely.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Swimming animations in Super Mario Maker... Today, I learned that Ganondorf swims like he's Superman flying, I have no idea what Peach and Rosalina are doing, and Palutena actually looks like a flying fish or a manta ray with her flapping wings. Oh, and poor Pikmin... Also, the death sounds... Sheik's is her opening theme! She came as she went! Hearing Waluigi using Super Mario Bros.'s sound clips for his victory, death, etc. makes me feel like he just retconned into the continuity. Like Skull Face, he was always there in the beginning... It's just he wasn't created yet until... Mario Tennis?

Speaking of fishing mini-games, Fable's was a *****. Mash buttons, but if the fish resists too much, SNAP! And you have to re-do it. Thankfully, the required fishing for Nostro's armor wasn't that bad... I think. Dark Cloud 2's was okay and I don't remember Dark Cloud 1's. Ocarina of Time's was kind of like find the best spot, wait, and then reel that sucker in.

Last edited:
Top Bottom