• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

KarmaCastle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KarmaCastle
I tape mine down.
Waste of tape.

I just change my button layouts to roll, roll roll, roll, and FW when I know there's a juicy arch/bend under the stage for me to SD on. Exception being Battleground where I can find new opportunities to SD by FW'ing directly up and slightly too far left of the ledge.

Rizen

Smash Legend
For wii u E-shop I recommend: LoZ Minish cap, Guacamelee, Shovel Knight, Shantae and the Pirate's curse, Nihlumbra (if you like puzzle platformers). You can't go wrong with the classics like DKC2, Mario World, any LoZ, etc either.

Bowser, Charizard, and DK are the heaviest characters, but among the faster running characters. Only Ganondorf and Triple D are the slower-moving heavyweights. I can't think of a reason for Ganondorf other than stopping him from wrecking people, but running that slow... Triple D at least has an excuse for packing living metal spikes somewhere in his robe and carrying a hammer with a jet engine installed. Charizard has functioning wings even though they look kind of small and DK's a gorilla who are fairly mobile. Bowser, I guess you could say he's used to his weight and he actually considered strong in his home series, so he's probably "muscular" and "athletic", but no in ways what humans can relate to. At the same time, he has a shell... He's a turtle. That amount of weight... Then again, you have Falco and Wolf running slower than many other characters despite them looking well-built - you can actually see Wolf's biceps on his model. I blame game design choices.
Charizard's run isn't that useful since he extends his hurtbox ahead and has a terrible air & fall speed. It's better than a slow run but I'd take good air speed over run speed. Charizard only gets 1 extra jump which helps but not enough. Despite being heavy DK is a relatively fast character in movement and frame data. DK is definitely better than the other fat characters. Ganon does struggle on large stages. I do think he's bottom 10 but he also is less than 5 solid reads away from taking the opponent's stock at any given time. Bowser should be the heaviest. He seems to have zoning options but fire breath and Klaw got nerfed hard. IDK about DDD.
/my 2 cents.

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Idk why but I think D3 is actually pretty decent. Just my opinion
I don't think D3 is bad, but I really think he needs a new bair and dair. IDK about anyone else but anytime I input a bair or dair on DDD I automatically feel like I made a mistake

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Just finished Episode 1 of Dual Destinies and now onto Episode 2. Hopefully I can beat it all without the need of a walkthrough, since when I was younger. I couldn't even the first Ace Attorney game without a walkthrough, but now I can. :yeahboi:

In other news, the Ace Attorney series continues to deliver the Waifus.

Now they just need to deliver the yuri again like in Dual Destinies.
True that, it's hard picking a waifu from that.

You mean the flag that was raised between Adrian and Franziska back in Justice For All and at the end of Trials & Tribulations? :secretkpop:

@ EODM07 EODM07 This is your problem, You get scared of good players. Why is that's? Are you playing the game to have fun? Or are you playing this game the get better?

If you fight people who are on the same level as you or play people worse then you are, you don't get any where. Even if it is terrifying. I fought ESAM, HungryBox M2K false and DKwill on stream. And I was scared as ****. But the only reason I fought them and will continue to fight them so I can improve.
If I was scared of the really good players, I would've quit competitive Smash ages ago. :3
I want to improve so I'm up for matches against @ McKnightlíght McKnightlíght and @ Macchiato Macchiato . Not to get exposed like THAT ONE TIME against you. ;~;

There's nothing wrong with getting bodied or styled on. You learn from getting rekt. That's all what matters

Also, hi Vanilla

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
There's nothing wrong with getting bodied or styled on. You learn from getting rekt. That's all what matters

Also, hi Vanilla
Yeah, it's a good learning experience on how to improve. But when you get bodied by a DK who just stands there and does nothing but FSmashes... it ain't fun, it's just humiliating. >_>

At least you get to know what you're doing wrong, because if you lost to a tactic like that there should be a clear picture as to what you're doing wrong or what skill you're lacking in

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
At least you get to know what you're doing wrong, because if you lost to a tactic like that there should be a clear picture as to what you're doing wrong or what skill you're lacking in
Agreed. I just gotta practice more. Gotta play like I did yesterday, gotta get in some more reads and all of that stuff.
Although I will say there was something off during the practice matches I had yesterday against @ KarmaCastle KarmaCastle . Whenever I did Bowser's Down B and catch Zelda with it on the ground, she would rise just high enough or to the side enough that the second hit will whiff just barely. I dunno if that's just a problem with KBG from charging Smash attacks or if Zelda sustained too much damage. But I think that should at least make it so his Down B gives fixed knockback on the first hit even if they are charging a Smash attack.

Edit: Just found out that Ace Attorney is getting an anime. It follows the trilogy that was on the GBA/DS.

MFW Ace Attorney anime is confirmed.

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
True that, it's hard picking a waifu from that.

You mean the flag that was raised between Adrian and Franziska back in Justice For All and at the end of Trials & Tribulations? :secretkpop:
Actually, what I was referring to was in Dual Destinies like I said. Not sure if I really see anything between Adrian and Franziska like others.

You said you were just now playing Dual Destinies?

It involves the last case. A girl name Aura obviously likes a certain person. Granted, I don't think they ever say anything concrete.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Actually, what I was referring to was in Dual Destinies like I said. Not sure if I really see anything between Adrian and Franziska like others.

It involves the last case. A girl name Aura obviously likes a certain person. Granted, I don't think they ever say anything concrete.
I know who you mean. :3

Aura Blackquill (Simon's sister) was in love with Athena's mother Metis Cykes. I know, it's just that Adrian and Franziska popped into my mind first. =w=

Yeah, I am. Just got to Episode 2 and ready to start my case. :yeahboi: Also, I feel like Wright's DLC costume is best costume for the game, I never change it at all.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

Blackquill: Metis was deeply passionate about her work, and she choose you as her partner. Isn't that--
Aura: Shut up, Simon! You know exactly how I felt about her! Her respect as a co-worker wasn't all that I wanted!
Judge: Hmm... Then what did you want from her?
Phoenix: (...Did you really just go there, Your Honor?!)
Pretty damn close if I do say so myself

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
Yeah, it's a good learning experience on how to improve. But when you get bodied by a DK who just stands there and does nothing but FSmashes... it ain't fun, it's just humiliating. >_>
One, I did not just stand there and Fsmash, I ding donged, spiked and everything. Two, come on man, That just means you have learning to do. But I give up trying to get you to fight strong people.

Average people = Average results

Better players = better results

:pikachu:

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
Having SS Zelda's upper torso merging almost perfectly with Ganondorf's body is pretty damn impressive IMO.

I read it as "Grindor." Like, the one Decepticon from Bayformers. Yeah.
Thank you, I take pride in my average photoshop skills and meme making qualities.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Btw girls. Since I'm in the Ace Attorney mood and on the hype train.

What would you say are your favourite songs/tracks from the games combined?

Mine have to be:
- Objection! (2001, 2007, 2013)
- Pursuit (2004, 2007, 2013)
- Jingle (2001)
- Suspense [This one just gives me goosebumps. <3]
- Running Wild -Mood Matrix- [Need I mention that ONE scene in the last episode!?]
- Cross Examination ~Allegro~ (2013)
- Cross Examination ~Moderato~ (2001)
- Perceive ~Surging Eyes~ (2007)

I'd post links, but then the page would load like crazy. ;w;

I liked Apollo's objection theme, Wright's objection theme in Ace Attorney and T&T, Ace Attorney Investigations cornered theme (Both the first, AKA: Lying Coldly, and the second one), Cornered theme for Ace Attorney 1 and T&T, Cross Examination Allegro (T&T), and Turnabout Sisters

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
Paul Blart might as well be your copyright/trademark symbol at this point if he isn't already.

If I ever see an image with Paul Blart in the corner, I'll know who made it.

And like 2004Zilla said, the merging is well done.
Yeah on all of my memes I put my "Blart Bros" trademark in the corner. Basically in my area I started this joke about Paul Blart and starting calling our scene KC Blart Bros instead of KC Smash Bros and it stuck with me. My actual in tournament tag is Blart-Bro but I cant change my name on smash boards w/o premium so yeah. Paul Blart + smash = awesome.

KarmaCastle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KarmaCastle
Agreed. I just gotta practice more. Gotta play like I did yesterday, gotta get in some more reads and all of that stuff.
Although I will say there was something off during the practice matches I had yesterday against @ KarmaCastle KarmaCastle . Whenever I did Bowser's Down B and catch Zelda with it on the ground, she would rise just high enough or to the side enough that the second hit will whiff just barely.
To be fair you can DI out of it too, but I did notice the ground pound missing me like every single time except one. Not actually missing but just sending me left or right a few feet. Which was weird. Or meters. Because using the imperial measurement system on an international board is embarrassing.

Also morning everyone. I'm still waking up but making coffee and breakfast. If anyone's down for sm4sh in like 5-10 minutes, lemme know.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
To be fair you can DI out of it too, but I did notice the ground pound missing me like every single time except one. Not actually missing but just sending me left or right a few feet. Which was weird. Or meters. Because using the imperial measurement system on an international board is embarrassing.

Also morning everyone. I'm still waking up but making coffee and breakfast. If anyone's down for sm4sh in like 5-10 minutes, lemme know.
Ah okay, that sounds more reasonable. It just bothers me that you can DI out of it when caught in his Down B. I think I'd only change it so that you cannot DI out of it and make it so it always has set KB. But that's just me. Since you get rewarded for connecting it, not reward the opponent for DI'ing it. :V

Last edited:

KarmaCastle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KarmaCastle
Ah okay, that sounds more reasonable. It just bothers me that you can DI out of it when caught in his Down B. I think I'd only change it so that you cannot DI out of it and make it so it always has set KB. But that's just me. Since you get rewarded for connecting it, not reward the opponent for DI'ing it. :V

KarmaCastle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KarmaCastle
"If you want to win Smash 4, pick Sheik" -Mew2king

Truefax
(Double Edit for ADDED CLARITY: I read the quote and assumed it was Zero because I am a fool. Zero said this exact same thing after his recent Bowser review. My bad! I'll read the whole sentence next time.)

He was pretty kind and generous with the last 4-5 analysis videos, giving strengths and weaknesses and basically saying "Yea X has Y going for them but is just weak against the top 3"

I have no interest in Bowser but my God he was merciless in that video. Poor turtle.

Nerf grab to true combos in sm4sh or give them to everyone. The current state of balance is, as he said, based entirely around who has grab to combo confirms. WHICH IS WHY I GET :salt: WHEN PEOPLE SAY SHEIK HAS TROUBLE KILLING.

It doesn't matter if you can't KO early when you can wrack up 100-150% and take 30. Because comboing someone for 30% guaranteed and carrying them offstage getting a KO with Bouncing Fish that kills ~100 off stage or vanish which kills even earlier is so ****ing terrible. To say nothing of Usmash or downthrow to up air.

EDIT: Whoops, I totally thought you were talking about Zero's Bowser video. I ought to learn to read. But he said literally that exact same thing in the end of that video lmao. My bad.

Last edited:

KarmaCastle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KarmaCastle
Wait M2K does analysis videos?
See my edit. I was confused because the quote Berserk used was literally what Zero said after his Bowser video. Apologies ;^;

ALSO GORLS I FOUND A LOCAL TOURNAMENT ONLY 30M AWAY!!!

I really wanna register but I'm nervous af ghhh.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
What would you say are your favourite songs/tracks from the games combined?
- Objection! 2001/2004/2011
- Pursuit - Cornered 2001
- Questioning - Allegro 2001/2004/2013
- Godot - The Fragrance of Dark Coffee
- Questioning - Presto 2009/2011
- Pursuit - Wanting to Find the Truth (GK2)
- Apollo Justice - Start of a New Trial 2013
- Cornered - Spell-breaker (PLvsPW)
- probably loads more that I'm forgetting right now

Least favourite is anything from AJ that isn't Apollo's or Klavier's themes. I just don't like that style/genre of music.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Yeah on all of my memes I put my "Blart Bros" trademark in the corner. Basically in my area I started this joke about Paul Blart and starting calling our scene KC Blart Bros instead of KC Smash Bros and it stuck with me. My actual in tournament tag is Blart-Bro but I cant change my name on smash boards w/o premium so yeah. Paul Blart + smash = awesome.
"Blart Bros." :rotfl: That's fantastic!

I look forward to when I see "Blart-Bro" in my alert box.

Also, I found this:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
See my edit. I was confused because the quote Berserk used was literally what Zero said after his Bowser video. Apologies ;^;

ALSO GORLS I FOUND A LOCAL TOURNAMENT ONLY 30M AWAY!!!

I really wanna register but I'm nervous af ghhh.
Just pick Zelda since she isn't banned yet. You'll get first unless someone else is using Zelda. Then you may get second. :secretkpop:
Don't forget to use the BAN•ZELDA tag, it increases sass and knockback by 25%!

KarmaCastle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KarmaCastle
Just pick Zelda since she isn't banned yet. You'll get first unless someone else is using Zelda. Then you may get second. :secretkpop:
Don't forget to use the BAN•ZELDA tag, it increases sass and knockback by 25%!
It's a very small area but the largest tourney in said area; as in 32 people is like the biggest turnout.

So getting people to fear Zelda and convert to BAN•ZELDA should be simple enough, ohoho.

I need to get a real controller beforehand but I'm pretty excited, been trying to find a local weekly for a month now.

If anyone has time and would like to go REALLY HAM against me and just body me to crush my spirit so I can montage my way to becoming the strongest there over was, I'd appreciate it. (Or just give me regular feedback, bad habits I have that I don't notice, etc.) KarmaCastle is the Miiverse for friends list.

Shoutout to McKnightlíght McKnightlíght whenever you log on, I'll definitely take your live action Skype session offer.

'Til someone else is up for some Sm4sh I'll be practicing in Tourney mode. Usually get some crazy good people by the semifinal and final rounds at least.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Definitely the worst part of Sonic Adventure.

Guaranteed if you cut his entire game play portion out of the game no one would miss it.

Heck, getting rid of his entire segment would actually make the game better if you ask me.

What's funny is that fishing is supposed to be slow and relaxing but they put it in a game that's all about running around at the speed of sound (depending on the character in this case).

Fishing in a Sonic game. Who thought that was a good idea anyway.

On another note, seeing Big gave me an excuse to listen to "It Doesn't Matter" again. That song's legit.

Top Bottom