• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla
Annnnnd I realize I could have just self-destructed to end the match instead of making myself look like a try hard.

Dammit.

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
MM 3DS? Of course they're sold out. The game I've been waiting for years to get remade, which also happens to be my favorite, gets a special 3DS, and I can't get it. I bet most of the people who bought it probably thought Zelda II was being remade. Argh. Anyone manage to pre-order it?

Last edited:

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
Honestly I hated MM. I hated the creepyness and just the music too. I didn't like the story line through the 5 areas
What? ...That's blasphemy. I guess you can have your own opinion, but geez there's like, children in here.

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
I liked every zelda game... With the exception of MM
I like every Zelda game, except Skyward Sword. Now that game was crap, imo. Four Swords adventures was my first Zelda game, because I didn't get into the series until Melee came out, and that's probably my 2nd or 3rd favorite.

Mericus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mericus
Annnnnd I realize I could have just self-destructed to end the match instead of making myself look like a try hard.

Dammit.
Simply having a loss isn't what makes a " try hard ",
a REAL try hard = ppl who read the " :4link:'s Guide to inducing Lag for your benefit " which actively makes the game quality drop HARD to achieve a meaningless higher win %.

Don't worry, your absolutely safe and NOT a " try hard " <3

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I like every Zelda games, except the CD-I ones.

I did Majora's Mask when I was around 10 years old, and damn, that creepyness was awesome back then.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I like every Zelda game, except Skyward Sword. Now that game was crap, imo. Four Swords adventures was my first Zelda game, because I didn't get into the series until Melee came out, and that's probably my 2nd or 3rd favorite.
Really? I loved SS. The best one imo is twilight princess

Last edited:

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
Twilight princess was amazing, yes, but Skyward Sword lacked the exact foundation of the series. Exploration. Plus, the story was sort of cliche. We got all our questions answered, in one game, in basically one big word. Origins of Link, Zelda Ganondorf etc. Just kinda felt unoriginal. Plus I never understood how it was more technologically advanced than, chronologically, future titles.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
were you in the frustrating controls boat too? I would get in the other boat, but it's full of plot holes. At least the character design was pretty good, cept link per usual

TP is a fan service of a zelda game, It made me sick to my stomach that Nintendo was forced to make a "realistic Zelda game" like MM and OoT because fan boys were upset about WW. TP is lacking real originality cause it forces itself to walk the same path as previous games. It's a shame too

and if anyone needs my harsh judgement on Zelda games. I've got opinions on all of 'em except a link between worlds. Haven't played it yet

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I'm going to be sad if Majora's Mask 3D doesn't have Link doing flips abd somersaults for certain jumps. That was the coolest thing.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Every Zelda game has its own flaws, but I love them to death. Except the forbidden ones and Link's Crossbow Training....And Four Swords. Four Swords Adventures was great though.

I think MM and Wind Waker HD are as close to perfect as it gets.

Last edited:

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
were you in the frustrating controls boat too? I would get in the other boat, but it's full of plot holes. At least the character design was pretty good, cept link per usual

TP is a fan service of a zelda game, It made me sick to my stomach that Nintendo was forced to make a "realistic Zelda game" like MM and OoT because fan boys were upset about WW. TP is lacking real originality cause it forces itself to walk the same path as previous games. It's a shame too

and if anyone needs my harsh judgement on Zelda games. I've got opinions on all of 'em except a link between worlds. Haven't played it yet
Saying TP is bad because it's realistic, because of popular demand, because of WW's art style, can barely be a valid opinion. That's like saying A Link to the past is bad because it's old, and not 3D. I wouldn't judge a game that's part of a series that focuses on story, based on graphics. Go ahead, you can, but that's just my logic.

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206

Thank you. Someone who notices TP is just pure fan service. Edit: It's not the art, it's the story and everything in it. The howling songs? Pure fan service. Eagle eye? Fan service. Riding non-horses? Fan service.

Skyward Sword is my favorite. Game was linear as hell, but it felt like reading a really good book. Character design/development was awesome and I felt a real attachment to the story. The game itself was just beautiful and don't get me started on the music. I couldn't put that game down when I got it.

Last edited:

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
:4zelda:If you rag on Link Between Worlds in the future, I will personally eat your soul :4zelda:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
ALBW fall too much in the fanservice, yes.

The only part of that fanservice I really didn't enjoyed was the fact that Lorule looked a lot like the Dark World. TOO MUCH.

The music is a gold mine of fanservice, though.

micstar615

Smash Ace
So I've been talking with a friend and we both believe that this next Fire Emblem game may be a prequel to Awakening. We looked at the characters and they seem to look like other characters (Or have similar traits). First, the blue haired girl (Who im gonna assume is one of the main characters) has the same hair style as Lucina, although slightly longer. We thought this this may be the daughter of Marth and Caeda and the mother of Chrom. Also, we believed the red haired Pegasus Knight may be the mother of Cordelia since they both have red hair and they're both Pegasus Knights. The Maid Girl seen MAY been related to Cherche since they're both maids (This probably doesn't mean they're related though). There was also a character that had a striking resemblance to Inigo. This character may be the father of Olivia. And if this blue haired main character is the mother of Chrom, Emmeryn and Lissa, then I'm assuming she's gonna hook up with that blond guy seen in the trailer. All of this speculation is making me even more hyped xD
Oh man this is certainly a plausible theory! I never even thought of that! As much as I loved Awakening though, I kind of hope this isn't true, I'd rather the game be it's own thing but I'm sure it'll be related to Awakening in some way

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
The good, but underused things about Twilight Princess was that Link could switch the way he swings his sword. He could focus on stabs, vertical slices, and horizontal slashes depending on how you moved the analog stick. The Hidden Skills were cool too and I kind of want them to return in Zelda Wii U. Oh, and he could do a thrust out of a roll or swing his sword while running and jumping side to side like Raiden swinging his sword during Ninja Run or that one dodge and slash move. Those had potential like a running slash to cause hit stun so you could rush to a closing door. Combat fron Twilight Princess had potential, but it was just like in previous games that were a lot of back and forth fighting.

The Spinner and the Dominion Rod had much more potential too. At least the Clawshot returned in Skyward Sword.

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
TP was for people who wanted to relive the glory of OoT, it was purely superficial. Funnily enough, it dimmed the aspects that made OoT and previous Zeldas so great. Linear exploration, easy bosses, profoundly ugly textures (water looked amazing, though) were enough to make it painfully mediocre. I'm amazed at how it drastically reduced expectations of Zelda fans for future Zeldas. Only redeeming parts of TP were its soundtrack and dungeon designs.

ALBW made up for its blatant aesthetic rehash with its free exploration. That alone was enough to make it feel like a true Zelda, the first of its kind since Minish Cap, honestly. Going by what Aonuma has consistently hinted over the past year about Zelda U, it seems Zelda U is the game the franchise so desperately needs.

Last edited:

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
The good, but underused things about Twilight Princess was that Link could switch the way he swings his sword. He could focus on stabs, vertical slices, and horizontal slashes depending on how you moved the analog stick. The Hidden Skills were cool too and I kind of want them to return in Zelda Wii U. Oh, and he could do a thrust out of a roll or swing his sword while running and jumping side to side like Raiden swinging his sword during Ninja Run or that one dodge and slash move. Those had potential like a running slash to cause hit stun so you could rush to a closing door. Combat fron Twilight Princess had potential, but it was just like in previous games that were a lot of back and forth fighting.

The Spinner and the Dominion Rod had much more potential too. At least the Clawshot returned in Skyward Sword.
I just want the new Zelda to be kind of Skyrim-esque. And I want Volvagia to be in it.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
The good, but underused things about Twilight Princess was that Link could switch the way he swings his sword. He could focus on stabs, vertical slices, and horizontal slashes depending on how you moved the analog stick.
So you mean Skyward Sword.

Spinner was cool, but insanely useless outside of its dungeon. Same with the Dominion Rod. Oh, and don't get me started with the ball & chain.

PS: Bomb arrows? Link's Awakening says hello. #fanservice

Edit: ALBW was aight. Free exploration was cool as were the 3d puzzles. But there was no challenge and nothing was really memorable in that game. It's bad when you don't remember the main antagonist's name and remember the treasure hunts more than some of the dungeons.

Last edited:

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
TP's bomb arrows were, to date, the most satisfying Zelda item to use.

EDIT: ALBW's lacking difficulty is pretty much its only problem. Aonuma did say the ALBW and WWHD were valuable experiences in helping develop Zelda U. My expectations for this game couldn't be any higher. TP, SS, PH, and ST were all incredible disappointments (granted, ST's charm still made it a game very much worth replaying), but things seem to be looking up for Zelda.

Last edited:

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
So you mean Skyward Sword.

Spinner was cool, but insanely useless outside of its dungeon. Same with the Dominion Rod. Oh, and don't get me started with the ball & chain.

PS: Bomb arrows? Link's Awakening says hello. #fanservice
So it's fan service because it reuses ideas and items. Welcome to the Zelda universe. :p

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Green tunic? This isn't the 80's anymore.

Wait, the next one still doesn't have the famous green tunic (that outfit is really cool).

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
So it's fan service because it reuses ideas and items. Welcome to the Zelda universe. :p
Bomb arrows were a fun easter egg that you didn't need in Link's Awakening. They're things that the casual fan won't even know about and even those who played Link's Awakening didn't need to know about. (Much like hovering with a golden cucco with a boomerang underneath you. Destruction).

It's a nod to the group of people who do know. The fans. It's a service. Fan. Service.

Last edited:

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
Bomb arrows were a fun easter egg that you didn't need in Link's Awakening. They're things that the casual fan won't even know about and even those who played Link's Awakening didn't need to know about. (Much like hovering with a golden cucco with a boomerang underneath you. Destruction).

It's a nod to the group of people who does know. The fans. It's a service. Fan. Service.
Or maybe they took a feature from a game that people liked, but not many knew about it, but this time make it useful. Fan service? I see it as simply reusing a feature. Every. Freaking. Zelda game does that.

D

Deleted member

Oh man this is certainly a plausible theory! I never even thought of that! As much as I loved Awakening though, I kind of hope this isn't true, I'd rather the game be it's own thing but I'm sure it'll be related to Awakening in some way
Me and my friend actually missed a part. We forgot that Awakening is set many, many years after Shadow Dragon, so if Marth were to have a daughter, she wouldn't be able to give birth to Chrom since she'd probably be dead. Our next theory was that this game may star the children of the children from Fire Emblem Awakening. The red haired girl may be the daughter of Severa (The red haired girl's face in this next game looks cold and rude, like Severa). The Inigo look-a-like may be the son of Inigo (For obvious reasons). The maid girl may be the daughter of Gerome (This new girl is a maid and so is Cherche). The blonde guy seen at the end and throughout parts of the trailer may be the son of Owain. The sworduser girl seen in the beginning who I forgot to mention may be the daughter of Cynthia (Both seem really bubbly and happy). And lastly the blue haired girl may be the daughter of Lucina. Also supporting this is the fact that this new game looks more modern than Awakening. I honestly don't know what this game will be but im sure as hell excited! ^o^

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom