• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
GGs you two.

What a way to end. Get bodied by the proclaimed worst character in the game.. >.> (I feel like 80% of me seeing @ Macchiato Macchiato 's Samus was nothing but UAirs. :V) I feel like I only got lucky twice against your Samus with Roy and Lucina. My Shulk feels really rusty.

And that is the only time you'll ever see me go Sheik. :3

Your Marth is good too @ Estel Elessar Estel Elessar .

I still feel like I'm throwing out Smashes too much and panicking.

And thanks everyone for the shout out for my birthday. <3

Last edited:

Estel Elessar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jack1995pilot
GGs you two.

What a way to end. Get bodied by the proclaimed worst character in the game.. >.> (I feel like 80% of me seeing @ Macchiato Macchiato 's Samus was nothing but UAirs. :V) I feel like I only got lucky twice against your Samus with Roy and Lucina. My Shulk feels really rusty.

And that is the only time you'll ever see me go Sheik. :3

Your Marth is good too @ Estel Elessar Estel Elessar .

I still feel like I'm throwing out Smashes too much and panicking.

And thanks everyone for the shout out for my birthday. <3
Good playing E0D. Happy birthday.

WE AINT IN MELEE ANY MORE TOTO

KarmaCastle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KarmaCastle
Got 9th out of 85+ entrants in a Sm4sh tournament at Anime Revolution today! Tourney bracket here, and below is the log~
S-so proud. And I saw that replay upload on the SBPhiloz youtube channel. Hype for some HD combos from you; not that I minded the hand recordings :secretkpop:. Spent way too long watching your videos when SM4SH came out.

Any ETA on a video? :happysheep:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Afternoon girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Just saw that I got the trophy "Happy Birthday!". Maybe because it's my birthday today. :3

Best get the cake ready :4peach:. :yeahboi:

Not alot happened today, had a bit of a nap, read my newest volume of Nisekoi which I got for my birthday along with D-Frag!, and my Amiibo too. (I literally placed my Palutena & Lucina Amiibos right next to each other whereas my others are more spread out. :3). And I did get some money as well from my family members and relatives, so I may have enough for Super Mario Maker when I preorder it. :3

And I'll be going out for a meal tonight as well. To a local restaurant I like.

Also, uploaded a match that me and @ kenniky kenniky had last night. Shame that you got an accidental SD. D:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :bluejump:
I feel like when people say balanced they mean the gap between top tier and bottom tier isn't as large. Like you look at Melee or Brawl where you have Fox/MK and then Kirby/Ganondorf and it's kind of sad, but this game doesn't have that sort of huge gap.

I think.
This is pretty much how I feel about the balance. Even the worst of the worst have a small chance this time around.

Edit: There are a lot of August birthdays here. It's weird to me because almost no one in my class has one in this month. I feel like an outcast or something, lol.

Last edited:

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
I'm about to continue working on my reading assignment, and then close out my summer afterwards with a milkshake, some Smash, and lots of sleeping pills. I'm not ready for school at all. 'Twas a nice summer with you gorls, even if I only ended up playing with a few of you. I'll get around to the rest of you eventually.
Never forget Sing > Laser combo.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Got 9th out of 85+ entrants in a Sm4sh tournament at Anime Revolution today! Tourney bracket here, and below is the log~

POOLS (5-1)
Notable matches included me taking a stock off Captain L's :4pikachu: with :4zss: first game (didn't go ZSS in my other matches other than against him) and won the second game with :4zelda:. It was only because we decided we would hunt ducks at Duck Hunt, but on the first stock I changed my mind and edgeguarded him with Dtilt -> Dsmash -> Dair spike instead of going for the ducks. Last stocks were close but the dog rose up and messed up his aerial attack and I Dsmashed him to death. Still lost to him in the end though. I also beat one of the top players in the Fraser Valley next door to Vancouver who first beat me with :4darkpit:but couldn't beat me with his main :4marth:. Last game, Lylat tilted the stage so that his feet were caught in the last hit of Usmash when he was on the platform and died at 90%. BAN•ZELDA

BRACKET

:4zelda: vs :4ganondorf:/:4falcon: (2-0)
:4zss:/:4zelda: vs :4pikachu: (0-2) The bracket was messed up and had to fight Captain L really early again despite being in the same pool smh. Sent to losers :^(
:4zelda: vs :4yoshi:/:4villager: (2-0) THIS DUDE TRIED TO TIME ME OUT SECOND MATCH RO0D
:4zelda: vs :4sheik: (2-1) This was such a rough match, but managed to pull it off at last stock situations, pretty good Sheik
:4zelda: vs :4villager:(1-2) Seattle player. This was the Villager that knocked Big D to loser's bracket in NVM a few months ago. And that was his first tourney too. He's too damn good but praise Lylat for helping me win the second game. Did something not many of the players in my region did, and that's taking a game off him~
Yayyy Phil! I haven't heard much from Magister / he doesn't go to tourneys in Seattle, but I remember his name from nwm. I wonder why he doesn't go...

Also, I am slightly confused. The guy who came in 3rd, Focus... I really wasn't impressed when I saw him at BHAM. He was just a Sheik that knew how to FAir string and fthrow>bouncing fish (which isnt even optimal at 0 unless near the edge smhT). Yet people in our region think he's good. Thoughts? Also, isn't he from Oregon? That's a long drive.
------------------------------
Gorls, I got 5th/32 at the monthly yesterday, ending my 2 month run of top 4's. :( not bad tho... But still short of the $ and didn't stand a ghost of a chance against Seattle's best (all of the top players in Seattle are searching for a way to beat him and his Sheik. But then he can pull out a really good toon link/link and if our Sheik counter is bad, it will get exposedT). Incoming log:

2-1 vs :4gaw: - lol. Midway through, my pro controller died because I didn't plug in the charger all the way. He FAir'd me at 20% and I slid off the stage and tumbled to my death. IM SO PRO. Dash attack on shield and DAir on shield = up tilt killing at <70%. Lol.
2-0 :4bowser: - wtf why is this matchup dumb. Tough guy don't care about pellets and jab/tilts have so much range. Good thing he can't land or recover vs Mega, because I'm pretty sure bowser wins neutral (even though MB eats big bodies for breakfast).
2-1 vs BAir the character (:4dk:) - no longer playing windy Kong, but instead playing BUFFED Kong, I was scurred. He messed up a lot of cargo throw stage spikes (that I think I would've tech'd...) And I didn't get hit with any cargo uthrow combos (lol 50:50's? More like 0:0's). Got BAir'd off Smashville game 2 stupid early, but the highlight was me punishing a what would have been autocanceled windy Kong up-B for a shoryu. No more customs for you. Lol.
0-2 on stream vs Caco bean's :4sheik:... I took stocks off because he kinda went autopilot and he tried fancy stuff. Ftilt>ftilt>PP ftilt>PP reverse utilt>bouncing fish... It's a thing. He also tried the FAir>needles>FAir>BF, but he didn't do it right or had too much rage so I BAir'd him for his troubles. Took stocks on both games, but blahhhhhhhh.

1-2 a good, but manageable :4sheik:. I need to sit down with this guy and play for hours. We've been going pretty even, although without Sheik (he's originally a mopcina main) I mop the floor with him. He's also cool. Before the match, we had talked about things we needed to do in the MU (edge guarding deeper for him and me spiking him out of vanish) and we both did it to win our first respective games which was cool. Then I got a dirty offstage survival footstool>DAir spike our of vanish edge guard that everyone went nuts about. Gfycat incoming today according to the streamer. Beat him mentally, but he clutched out the stock with FAir offstage.

I also learned Marvel stuff and got my booty handed to me. I'm bad at dp inputs... Like... Real bad. But I know how to block! And I understand high lows and that stuff, but actually doing it is hard. Wolverine, akuma, and strider was my team. And I'm so bad, but I want to learn fighting games. X-Factor strider was my saving grace because he's dumb AF.

:secretkpop: I typed this on mobiles because I love you gorls. :secretkpop: and my phone now recognizes :secretkpop: and suggests it!

PS: HBD EODM07!! We don't interact much, but I enjoy your cute Yuri pics of the day. Because cuts things are cute.

Last edited:
Happy Birfday @ EODM07 EODM07 !!

I wasn't really sure of when it was, because you got that Palutena amiibo a while ago (yesterday? Maybe? No? okay.) but you didn't say it was your birthday. Regardless, Happy birthday gorl!!

Last edited:

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341

I wasn't really sure of when it was, because you got that Palutena amiibo a while ago (yesterday? Maybe? No? okay.) but you didn't say it was your birthday. Regardless, Happy birthday gorl!!

Where are you in this? Normally I'd use my lens of truth to find out but I got no magic power at the moment.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572

My guess is 2nd from the left!

Everyone guess!

Blobface

Smash Lord
NNID
everyone1 (Bob)
3DS FC
3454-0482-6740
First of all: @ EODM07 EODM07

Secondly, regarding balance: You can't just give everyone buffs all the time. A lot of characters are stuck in mid-tier limbo where they're a functionally complete character that's kept down by some combination of Sheik, ZSS, and Rosalina. If you buffed those characters to the point where they could deal with whatever bad top-tier matchups they have, you'd have buffed them to the point where now they're the ones invalidating characters, and you need to repeat the process. And when 1-3 characters are frequently cited as invalidating, it's obvious changes need to be made.

With that said, if it were possible to give a character a "power level", I think most of the top tiers are around the power level we should shoot for, it's just that they have too much power in specific areas that result in a lot of skewed matchups and polarizing strengths. I don't really think any current top tiers really need nerfs a la Diddy Kong where their overall strength is simply reduced, but they should have polarizing strengths reduced/redistributed.

For example, you could reduce Sheik's overall safety and her ability to force approaches in exchange for the ability to actually kill stuff again. While she would technically have a worse matchup spread, she wouldn't really be "nerfed" like Diddy Kong was where he was simply brought down a peg with nothing to compensate.

While simply adjusting strength can be a part of it, the end goal of balance is to remove polarization.

Last edited:

LonkQ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ammoro
I want more buffs. Good thing most Smash players think Ike sucks no matter what. I don't even know what they could buff on him without it being busted, but bring it on.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I want more buffs. Good thing most Smash players think Ike sucks no matter what. I don't even know what they could buff on him without it being busted, but bring it on.
Aether after Quickdraw is the only one I could want. I think Ike is pretty fun now, not great, but decent.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Japan doesn't like him cause he's buff.
So Sakurai buffs him so he can be buffer.

KarmaCastle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KarmaCastle
To my shame the only Ike's that give me trouble are the dash attack into jab spamming ones. Since he can hold dash forever whereas I can't hold my shield it's a paaain. And the jab comes out fast enough that Zelda can't punish him well. I usually end up jumping behind Ike and running after his dash attack but I'm just so darn slow with this dress, and I can't use FW because of the horrendous lag and Ike's little lag time after the dash/jab. Any secret weaknesses I oughta know ;D?

I do enjoy and usually do okay against the legit Ike's that actually use tilts and aerials though.

And man how do you all have so many local tourneys. There's no big Smash community within 100 miles. I always keep my eyes peeled though. Wanna give Zelda a little love at a local tourney, maybe change some minds on our 'tier' :^)

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
You now what Zeldas? I agree with you. I think Zelda should be banned. She is such an overpowered, annoying character that even if she was nerfed, she would still be to OP for Smash to handle.
Zelda :4sheik: needs to be Banned.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
He's probably all of them. Or he's probably none of them.

He's like the FalcoMaster. He's everywhere and nowhere at the same time. :secretkpop:
Not being any of them crossed my mind as a possibility.

Now if it's the former, than he either knows black magic, has a clone machine, or is capable of controlling many different bodies via soul jumping or mind control.

Or it's just photoshopped.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I wonder if WFT would have still been considered bad if her airdodge landing lag wasn't standardized in one of the early patches. Wasn't it only like 11 frames instead of the usual 21? ZSS had this too (thank you Sakurai for removing that).

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I wonder if WFT would have still been considered bad if her airdodge landing lag wasn't standardized in one of the early patches. Wasn't it only like 11 frames instead of the usual 21? ZSS had this too (thank you Sakurai for removing that).
Don't forget that the foot of fair beat shields like a command grab.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
ZSS with only 12 frames of landing lag from airdodging into the ground would not be okay.

At least Wii Fit was trash in 1.0.0, so her airdodge stuff didn't/wouldn't matter.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
you secondary Ike now?
It was either say I secondary the closest thing to Swordfighter or say i secondary Brawler and Gunner along with Swordfighter

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Someone's saying Triple D has a top 3 recovery... Can't you hit him at any point of his Super Dedede Jump?

Top Bottom