• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
On a side note, whoever used it in this gif wasted it completely by using it on grunts instead of a boss.
I think it's from Zelda's trailer, where they show off her moves but I don't remember. All the HW trailers have the characters using every move on Stalchildren.

But I agree, HW is a lot more full of fan service to the Zelda series than Smash is.
Both kinds of fan service; Link's postman costume.

So many nods to things, it makes me happy.

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
To be fair if Sheik played like how she does in HW I'm afraid of how ridiculous she could get.

Though changing the harp's element would be a fun gimmick to have

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
To be fair if Sheik played like how she does in HW I'm afraid of how ridiculous she could get.

She literally becomes invincible with the Serenade of Water, that would be terrifying.
I don't start until September 1st. I'm praying for you.
When did your break start? I got out at the end of May, so that's a two month break for me. It seemed so much longer as a kid. :/

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Sheik's OP in every game she's playable in besides Brawl.:secretkpop:
Please ban from future games.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070

If she did have that in Smash. I'd probably hate her much more in Smash, she's alright in HW.

I'll probably rest my wrist for a bit, since it was hurting from using the GamePad.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Sakurai shows relatively little love to the Zelda series
but at least we're not Metroid or Donkey Kong.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
When did your break start? I got out at the end of May, so that's a two month break for me. It seemed so much longer as a kid. :/
I got out during the middle of June. I think it was the 15th or 16th? I can't remember exactly.

I'd rather go to school in September and get out in June than go in August and get out in May. I like having the summer off.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
No D: tournaments start after those 2 days lol ggs
Just my luck lol

Oh well I guess I'll just enjoy Vegas. Except I'm underage so is that even possible???

idk

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
You could always go to gameworks in Townsquare
I'm going to Vegas again (for the second time this year whyyyyyy QQ) from the 9th to the 12th. Is there anything Smash related that is happening around that time?

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
omg why is everyone coming here. MEET UP LOL jk uhm, there is one tournament. https://www.facebook.com/events/821799884606200/
It's a bit far from my hotel RIP

If it was walking distance or a slightly shorter bus commute I might of actually considered QQ
Also, trying to stalk you and find your FB account if you did click "Going" to that event yeyeyeye :secretkpop:

Last edited:

|ven|

ᵔᴥᵔ かわいい ᵔᴥᵔ
NNID
Hyuven
It's a bit far from my hotel RIP

If it was walking distance or a slightly shorter bus commute I might of actually considered QQ
Also, trying to stalk you and find your FB account if you did click "Going" to that event yeyeyeye :secretkpop:
GG I didnt Kappa Nice try doe : p

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
So I was playing this c. Falcon on Wii u smash ladder as toon link and he picked delfino

Never minded that stage until I finally played on it, why is a stage with so many walkoffs, water and low ceilings legal

Dang 60% percent kills oh well

YEH

I'm done with ****

OK. Gonna play scary games soon. Fatal Frame 4 (?) and maaaaybe Resident Evil 2

Diddy is fine to be honest (in his current version)

His pre-patch ****** braindead hoo-hah no-skill/no-IQ version was cancerous

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Why are all the disrespectful FG scrubs on 3DS today
Because they don't wanna get bodied on Wii U. :troll:

Diddy is fine to be honest (in his current version)

His pre-patch ****** braindead hoo-hah no-skill/no-IQ version was cancerous
I still see Sheik as a no-skill character, but that's just my opinion and hatred for her. Still hope for Zelda to get some good changes to make her more viable. I'm happy that Lucina is getting buffs to make her somewhat better. I wonder when Palutena will get some good buffs too for her non-custom self.

Glad that Diddy does require actual skill to use. But back then when we all had the braindead Diddy Kongs lurking around, I'm still skeptical on using him because of those events.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I think they're considering. They put back castle siege on anthers though godbless
I kinda think having Peach's Castle as an alternative is not really the best idea. Since despite it not having walkoffs like the 2nd part of Castle Siege, it still has the bumper and the slops either. I think those can ruin the chance of an opponent getting a kill.

But since they're just considering it. I kinda hope they don't go with it.

Rebel13

Banned via Warnings
I still see Sheik as a no-skill character, but that's just my opinion and hatred for her. Still hope for Zelda to get some good changes to make her more viable. I'm happy that Lucina is getting buffs to make her somewhat better. I wonder when Palutena will get some good buffs too for her non-custom self.
I counted buffs and nerfs this patch, 20+ characters got buffs and only 5 got nerfs. Continue plz Sakurai.

Oh, and Palutena did get buffed this patch. Better/bigger hitboxes on ftilt, dtilt, and nair, 1% more damage on fair, and reduced grab endlag. Still not enough really, but it's something. :)

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I find it greatly amusing that people always say Sheik takes "no skill" to use, despite being one of the most difficult characters to get good with and play successfully at the top level.

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I don't deny that Sheik takes skill to use well.
But she's definitely the most boring at high level play. Hell, even a good Sonic is better.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I find it greatly amusing that people always say Sheik takes "no skill" to use, despite being one of the most difficult characters to get good with and play successfully at the top level.
I just find it amusing that people think that if a character is top tier, they're easy to learn or "braindead"
I think they're considering. They put back castle siege on anthers though godbless
when you told me that they took off Castle Siege, I was sad because that's my favorite stage. Like how else could I get fraud 50% kills. BAN ZELDA

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Sheik is not braindead in the ever slightest. She's quite technical and requires lots of talent to actually use her to her fullest potential. I don't think she's that boring to watch either. Sure, Fair strings are incredibly old now, but what you can do with Bouncing Fish and aerial Needles are honestly quite exciting IMO.

If you want characters that are more "no-skill" than Sheik: :4luigi::4ness:
If you want characters that are more boring to watch than Sheik: :4sonic::rosalina:

This ain't Brawl, gorls. :metaknight:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Dantarion's 1.1.0 data dump shows that Game and Watch got changes, but they're not listed in the patch thread. I can't read the raw game files, so I can't do it myself. Can someone please help me interpret what it says? (link)

@BJN39 (i know you don't have tag alerts on but idc), @KuroganeHammer, @Lavani, and anyone else that can read the files.

I'd be indebted to whomever does it <3

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Obsessively trying to figure out how to organize Falco's frame data... It's been 4 days... I think my sanity levels have dropped severely... @BJN39, did you do Zelda's hit stun and frame advantages yet? It's a total pain! Heh... pain... Means bread in French... Anyway, it's annoying, especially since multi-hit moves don't always hit with one part of the move. Usually, it's the entire thing and then there's move with "range" like Falco's Reflector, so hitting at pointblank is kind of stupid, so that data is more there for theory while the last possible hit is probably more practical. MEH.

Last edited:

Soul.

Fox is honest.
Diddy is honest.
Falcon is still silly.
Falco is "bad."
Pika kinda "sucks."

Top Bottom