• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968

I love Marie so much.
I can't tell which is more accurate

The Slosher is fun, but it's not for me. It doesn't cover as much area as I'd like. :v Anyways, I thought I was doing good in Splatoon today, but I made the mistake of going to Ranked and now I feel bad about myself. I'll come back for Splatfest :drsad:

Last edited:

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
I worry that Sakurai will take the Ban Zelda meme seriously
like the FD only meme

HW Din's shames Tr4sh Din's

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
That was a roll cancelled pivot grab, what happened is I did a regular pivot grab and Sheik dash attacked which extended her hurtbox extremely far
Wait so RC Grabs are still in? I thought we abandoned that tech since that one patch changed it or something.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
@ |ven| |ven| are there any Vegas tourneys going on on the 7th/8th? I'm going to be in Vegas on those days

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger

Zelda confirmed Melee Marth
BAN•ZELDA
Gorl you can't post stuff like that they're definitely watching we can'R have them needing it again!

It is beautiful though

Get that Brawl Din's GIF out. :^) This is probably what early Brawl day whiners saw Din's Fire as smh

Y'know I would've loved to see a multi hit Din's Custom, kind of like Palutena's Explosive flame but controllable and the final hit could be blocked.

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
The joke is that all the characters in the classroom are newcomers, I think
They are all newcomers, but if that's the joke, then that tardy/absent board in the corner that only mention veterans doesn't make sense. They've done this before, they know how to jump. :v

Or maybe the joke is that all of the characters being taught don't normally need to jump as high as they do in Smash in their normal games (Except Greninja I guess, Pokemon battles are supposed to be intense)

I think I'm overthinking this...

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
You can see Dedede in the picture. He's in the gap between Mac and villager.

(Hey that sorta rhymed woah)

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Squad Battles would be fun if my team of mixed C ranks went against other Cs instead of a team full of S ranks.

But we actually ended up winning that battle lol

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing today? :4zelda:

Just got the new Splatoon update, first things I purchase are the Squid Girl Hat and Shoes. Just missing the dress. :V

Hopefully I'll get enough Gold to get the new equipment as well. :yeahboi:

That good old Heavy Splatling (Or as I'll call it Splatigun).

Rizen

Smash Legend
This thread's too quiet in the early morning.
I have 1 custom left to get for Olimar and it's taking forever. Why can you win custom moves and mii-wear that you already have? :facepalm:
I got some good wifi games in :b:. Good connections are fun but I can't stand bad ones.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Mop's Fsmash can reflect?
Lucas, not Lucina.

@ Berserker. Berserker. my brother doesn't play often but when he does he likes to pick Shulk, among others. What advice would I give him if I wanted to help him improve with Monado Boy? Note that he's not a competitive player but can understand concepts.

Lucas, not Lucina.

@ Berserker. Berserker. my brother doesn't play often but when he does he likes to pick Shulk, among others. What advice would I give him if I wanted to help him improve with Monado Boy? Note that he's not a competitive player but can understand concepts.
Use Sheik

Okay. I'm actually really bad at teaching people ho2Shulk (refer to @berserker00 who had to learn by watching me do ****) but I'll try to sum it up briefly

When you activate jump, shield, or speed in mid-air, the mobility effects do not kick in until you commit to an animation. This includes air dodging. This is a must know when it comes to recovering with the Monado boy

Jump art is a hit-and-run art. Once you land a hit, you can basically combo the **** out of your opponent and possibly kill him at 50% more or less. You can follow up or set up for more hits from n-air, u-tilt, d-tilt, d-throw, or u-throw. It's also your art-to-use at a disadvantaged state because of the increased recovery. This REALLY helps with alleviating Shulk's issues with being gimped easily. Take advantage of your top tier air speed to recover horizontally. Also, tomahwaks and empty hops. Learn to mix it up with jump art. FF into dash grab, SHFF n-air, etc. etc. That crap

Speed art is basically your "Go-in and wreck 'em hard" art.... except you don't exactly go in. You just get into mid-range position. You basically use your mobility to go after or go away from your opponent. Your tools at mid-range are basically your mobility, d-tilt, boost pivot f-tilt/f-smash/grab, retreating f-air, cross up n-air, and dash grab. Shulk's dash grab in speed is great so use that to punish. I'd LOVE to talk about down throw buffering (or MADTD) buuuut it's too complex but if you want to know more about it, feel free to ask again. Basically, speed art is the safest and also Shulk's most solid neutral art

Shield art is basically the "Panic button" Like, if you feel like you're getting bodied or you're gonna get bodied, retreat to shield. Your opponent either continues to press on or retreats and camps. If he or she retreats and camps, then just switch out. Shield art has done its job of giving you breathing room. If they press on, punish them for actually throwing you or hitting you then laugh. Hard. This is also the survival art at high percentages. Don't go off-stage with shield because your recovering options are crap. So yeah. Defensive art. Lives up to its name--- oh right, shield health is increased by a lot so your shield is harder to poke

Buster is basically your mid-range art. Your attacks are much safer.... as in, like with the increased safety and the shield pushback and shield damage, it makes using shield a second thought (actually, it doesn't but whatever). So, this is my personal favorite and it's finally being proven to be Shulk's best art because.... let's be real. IT'S NOT RISKY... unless you're against a heavy hitter like Dorf or Bowser but anyway.... you basically space with buster, whack shields with it but make sure your spacing is on-point. You got them throw combos at early percents with buster art (d-throw > f-smash/f-tilt) and with the reduced knockback, you can keep up the damage and pressure on the opponent once you hit 'em. I've been known for racking up 70% off from buster combos. I've seen it happen in other matches and videos. It's all up to you. Knockback is reduced. Get creative with the combos

Smash art....... use it when you have the positional advantage. Just score a tilt or a smash attack or a b-air or back slash or OoS air slash, oooor a kill throw (d-throw or b-throw). This art is useless at neutral cuz the damage reduction is ridiculous af. This art is really risky in general which is why you should restrict yourself to using this if you have the opponent at a disadvantageous state

Now.... for other moves
- Jab is your fastest attack. Frame 5. Sucks. Lol but it's your only option so use it when they got close
- D-tilt is god. Throw it out on shields and stuff. Especially in buster
- F-tilt is good imo. Comes out slow but it has great range and damage. Can kill in smash and hits like a truck in buster. Also a good mix-up option in speed art. So yeah. Pivoting with it if ever you're feeling pressured
- U-tilt is an amazing anti air but considering its animation, you probably get that by now
- Dash attack is trash
- F-smash is actually really good. Lol. Catch opponents in mid-air with it, combo into it while you're in buster art for 35% damage (!), but don't throw it out a lot. It has a lot of ending lag. Pivoting with it is a good way of catching opponents off guard
- U-smash is a great reading tool and it's a surprisingly good anti air only because the 1st hitbox on the blade lasts really long so if you manage to read your opponent's air movement and you feel like they'll go into a certain point of the stage, feel free to use u-smash and risk it. It's a good idea to use this tactic against characters with **** air acceleration
- D-smash destroys rolls. And kills. So yeah
- Don't rush down with n-air. Please. Just space with it. Good against grounded approaches
- F-air is good for contesting aerial approaches. Safety on shield is iffy unless you retreat with it
- B-air is GOD. It's good for everything for as long as you time it right. If your opponent commits to anything, just use b-air. Its range is gdlk
- U-air/D-air MEH

So yeah

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
The school laptops are so sloow this year
I could barely load this page holy eff

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Just tried the new Splatoon Update. Managed to get two pieces of the Squid Girl costume.

And my wrist in my right hand hurts from playing. :c (Maybe I held the controller funny, or that I haven't used the GamePad in a while?)

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
HW Din's shames Tr4sh Din's
This is what happens when you stay true to the source material instead of butchering it in ways no one asked for.

The move itself is actually one of the best "activated" Focus Spirit attacks in the game as you can see by its range.

On a side note, whoever used it in this gif wasted it completely by using it on grunts instead of a boss.

Top Bottom