• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Lol @ Kirby falling out of f-smash

You can clearly see in this match how lacking Zelda is in the air and how her weakness is being exploited so hard

*siiiigh*
Kirbys strength is when people are above him. Zeldas weakness in being above people so it's a bad MU for Zelda. Kirby can juggle her to like 50% lol.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Jaja, Melee fan. Yep. Basically. A+ to whoever came up with this chart.

It's a legitimate strategy D:
It is honestly, but it's so bashed that I try not to.
I use bombs a lot because I work them into combos, but I try to keep arrows and boomerangs to a minimum.
It's never fun winning a match and hearing endless b****ing from people about Link.
For Glory Links kinda gave people a one-sided view :L

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I might have chosen a different description for ZSS ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
It was actually a bunch of Marth mains that switched over to her, not Sheik mains.

The vanilla Samus one is so spot-on it hurts. ;~;

Last edited:

Spirst

"that person who picked froakie because greninja looked cool"

Hey, that's exactly why I did it. In fact, that's why I choose most of the Pokemon I do. I suck at Pokemon battling since I have a bunch of cool-looking Pokemon that have no real coherence.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
Yep. The Shulk one is true.
Not gonna lie. I once took Smash 3DS with me on a trip and decided to try practicing with some new characters. I picked Shulk, and wound up spamming Side Taunt about half of the time.

Spirst

I think the bigger question is why he went Zelda when he seemed like he didn't really know how to fight Kirby with her? He should have just rematched as DH.
Oh man, a DH AND a Zelda user? Does he just like missing every smash attack?

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Not gonna lie. I once took Smash 3DS with me on a trip and decided to try practicing with some new characters. I picked Shulk, and wound up spamming Side Taunt about half of the time.
did you taunt with shield on? cause if you didn't you're doing it wrong

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
If they are bad, yes :p
So, you're the type who like good girls then? :smirk:

But yes, bad *insert character's name here* are bad - redundant much? It's like meeting the hordes of Little Mac and Ness scrubs when we all know there are good ones out there. Oh, how spammers and tryhards tarnish characters' names.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
So, you're the type who like good girls then? :smirk:

But yes, bad *insert character's name here* are bad - redundant much? It's like meeting the hordes of Little Mac and Ness scrubs when we all know there are good ones out there. Oh, how spammers and tryhards tarnish characters' names.
I may spend to much time in Roll GLory to think that. But yes, if seeing more Zelda means more mindless Farore spam, it's a bad thing.

That Little Mac wave during the 3DS release. :c

Spirst

Farore spam is really funny to see though since unlike Little Mac's smash attack obsession, it has little effectivity. It's more depressingly funny to see than frustrating.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Farore spam is really funny to see though since unlike Little Mac's smash attack obsession, it has little effectivity. It's more depressingly funny to see than frustrating.
Bonus points of fun if the opponent took Zelda to beat your Zelda.

Xys

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1435-5012-4542
Ness is so annoying. You can't use Din's on him. He can baT away phantom. Stupid double hit air thingy. He disgusts me.

Last edited:

Spirst

Bonus points of fun if the opponent took Zelda to beat your Zelda.
I will never understand the people who use your character to try and +1 you if you're obviously doing well with them and they don't have much experience with said character.

Ness is so annoying. You can't use Din's on him. He can bad away phantom. Stupid double hit air thingy. He disgusts me.
Ness is an annoying little prick in this game. When I see one, I just sigh.

Spirst

On the other hand, gimping Ness is one of the joys of life. I love finding creative ways to do it. It's like an art in itself.

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon

depressingly funny to see than frustrating

depressingly funny to see
If it were me, we would have a new thread title right now

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
On the other hand, gimping Ness is one of the joys of life. I love finding creative ways to do it. It's like an art in itself.
Not really related, but you remind me of a Lucario who, after killing him, wanted to boast about his ability to attack afar from the stage. Because of this, I managed to kill him only with one sourspotted Dair, as his recovery wasn't enough at low percent.

Roll Glory really have a lot of interesting people. Like that Megaman who tried to spam his fully charged Fsmash. Against Villager.

Spirst

If it were me, we would have a new thread title right now

Not really related, but you remind me of a Lucario who, after killing him, wanted to boast about his ability to attack afar from the stage. Because of this, I managed to kill him only with one sourspotted Dair, as his recovery wasn't enough at low percent.

Roll Glory really have a lot of interesting people. Like that Megaman who tried to spam his fully charged Fsmash. Against Villager.
Funny you say that. Though I know it's not character-specific, Lucario is by far my least favorite Smash Pokemon.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I'm drawing a blank, but I know there are people who have spammed useless moves and nothing happened other than them being a nuisance.

Ness is so annoying. You can't use Din's on him. He can baT away phantom. Stupid double hit air thingy. He disgusts me.
Almost every Ness on For Glory will do one of two things: PKT2 spam or the known by everyone combo of grab, Fair, Fair, and Fair.

PKT2 spam is easy to deal with and if it's done off-stage, then it's easy to gimp.

The other has some variations like Dash Attack first then Fair repeats or a PK Fire to trap you. I don't know how fast Nauru's Love comes out, but when I get caught with Falco, I can still spam Reflector to get out of it. Usually, these guys don't know anything else, so it becomes a slow bait and punish game.

Lucarios are kind of more humorous since a lot of them are dependent on Aura Sphere for kills because like 90% of For Glory players don't know what off-stage combat is or how to air and spot dodge or even how to freaking grab... So, a reflect usually means death for them. Heck, I can sort of feel their desperation.

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Funny you say that. Though I know it's not character-specific, Lucario is by far my least favorite Smash Pokemon.
:pichumelee: really for most :pichumelee: people I'd expect :pichumelee: something that should :pichumelee: of never been :pichumelee: there in the :pichumelee: first place. I :pichumelee: can't think of:pichumelee: the name of :pichumelee: the poke though. :pichumelee: It just doesn't :pichumelee: come to mind :pichumelee:

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Palutena has to be one of my least favorite characters to fight online

Roll > roll > whiff grab > roll > roll > roll > whiff jab > repeat
:pichumelee: really for most :pichumelee: people I'd expect :pichumelee: something that should :pichumelee: of never been :pichumelee: there in the :pichumelee: first place. I :pichumelee: can't think of:pichumelee: the name of :pichumelee: the poke though. :pichumelee: It just doesn't :pichumelee: come to mind :pichumelee:
Pichu is the very best, how dare you

Last edited:

Spirst

Pichu was amazing I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Pichu was amazing I'm not sure what you're talking about.
Palutena has to be one of my least favorite characters to fight online

Roll > roll > whiff grab > roll > roll > roll > whiff jab > repeat

Pichu is the very best, how dare you
I have no :pichumelee: idea what you :pichumelee: are talking about :pichumelee: or are you :pichumelee: telling me that :pichumelee: the pokemon that:pichumelee: should have never :pichumelee: been there is :pichumelee: pichu?

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
My new favorite pastime on For Glory is grab releases at the ledge.

Last night I JV3'd three Shulks, a DK, a Bowser, an Ike, a Mac, and a Ness by just grab releasing them while they mashed out aerials they couldn't recover after.

Top Bottom