• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

D

Deleted member

:colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful:GUYS OMFG THERE'S NO SCHOOL AGAIN TOMORROW. I ******* LOVE ILLINOIS RIGHT NOW.:colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful:

Last edited by a moderator:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Yeah... I'm pretty sure peach is a hard counter against Ganon.
And we disconnected.

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Gtg my gamepad just died.
Peach is really bothering me. Ganondorf has like zero safe moves to hit at that angle. I need to see some frame data...

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
that one Zelda dressed as Link IsmaR had as an avatar
I love that even though I don't/didn't main Zelda (not even in Hyrule Warriors), that avatar forever associated me with her. To the point where people (including staff/Admins) mistook me for the Zelda boards' appointed mod.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Ok,,,, now Peach shouldn't be at too much of a problem now that I understand her....
@ Macchiato Macchiato
Your sheik needs some work. You use burst grenades too much, and you whiff a ton of moves
Your peach I can't say anything on. I didn't understand the MU at all. I think that was the first time I fought a good peach. Now that I have something to go on, next time we fight I can properly evaluate you.

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Sorry for the double post, but I thought this deserved its own post :(

I'm kinda sad today because of a shooting that occurred in Paris within the offices of a satirical Magazine called Charlie Hebdo. Four cartoonists were killed by muslim militants for their cartoons about the prophet Muhammad. One of them was in Al'Qaeda's most wanted list from 2013. Looks like they finally got it their way with him :(

http://www.theverge.com/2015/1/7/7507315/charlie-hebdo-terrorist-attack-paris-france

Sorry for bringing depressing stuff to the boards oTL

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere

I'm kinda sad today because of a shooting that occurred in Paris within the offices of a satirical Magazine called Charlie Hebdo. Four cartoonists were killed by muslim militants for their cartoons about the prophet Muhammad. One of them was in Al'Qaeda's most wanted list from 2013. Looks like they finally got it their way with him :(

http://www.theverge.com/2015/1/7/7507315/charlie-hebdo-terrorist-attack-paris-france

Extremists...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Dan's Proud Moment of the Day:
-Defeating a Rosalina on FG (Who was actually really good) as Jigglypuff. I love JIgglypuff xD

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master

In fact, it's five cartoonists. Honoré died too. There's only Coco, Riss and Luz left, Riss is wounded and Coco was threatened, she was the one who was forced to let the terrorists in. Such, she is traumatized.

The people at Charlie Hedbo were celebrating the Epiphany, and hopefully, several of them had to cancel it.

That where I realise I'm glad I don't live in Paris.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Thanks for the clarification on that. It's all super unfortunate, poor Coco :(

@ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer With the events that have been going on in Mexico in the past 5 years, I'm starting to think terrorism sort of always was there (although prolly not using the term) in most place, but it's just that the internet makes it easier for us to hear about it now.

Latte

Smash Ace
That really is horrible. The people who do these sorts of things absolutely disgust me; how messed up in the head must you be to do something so appalling?
My heart goes out to the families of the victims.
Like how we've found our way into other people's threads? Alright guys, we're gonna have to give ourselves a terrorist group name.
Terrorism is far too serious of an issue for that to happen.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Thanks for the clarification on that. It's all super unfortunate, poor Coco :(

@ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer With the events that have been going on in Mexico in the past 5 years, I'm starting to think terrorism sort of always was there (although prolly not using the term) in most place, but it's just that the internet makes it easier for us to hear about it now.
This. There may be a rise recently, but it's been always there. The threat, at least. Since 2005, Vigipirate, the French security alert system, is "color red", which means the level 3 of 4 of alert.

What I really don't like with this, beside the fact that it's plain stupid, and that it's a direct attack against the liberty of free speech, is that there will obviously be a rise of racism.

Terrorism is far too serious of an issue for that to happen.
But are we serious to begin with?

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Like how we've found our way into other people's threads? Alright guys, we're gonna have to give ourselves a terrorist group name.
This isn't something to joke about, terrorism is really big and it's horrible and depressing. The people who do it are sick and twisted. Theyre cold and heartless. Sometimes I just wish that things like terrorism didn't exist.

Praying for the living victims and the others families

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
What I really don't like with this, beside the fact that it's plain stupid, and that it's a direct attack against the liberty of free speech, is that there will obviously be a rise of racism.
You'd be surprised. I don't really know how it followed during the past weeks, but after the terrorist attack in Australia people actually defended the muslims from the predicted waves of racism.

I mean, I'm sure there'll be people who will have racist or anti-religious reactions, but, just like with the news, positive ideas can also travel fast thanks to the Internet.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
You'd be surprised. I don't really know how it followed during the past weeks, but after the terrorist attack in Australia people actually defended the muslims from the predicted waves of racism.

I mean, I'm sure there'll be people who will have racist or anti-religious reactions, but, just like with the news, positive ideas can also travel fast thanks to the Internet.
Well, there's various things happening in France that are creating a rise of the far-right politics.

There's a very large difference between being silly and being ignorant and insensitive.
I don't think that being silly and aware of what's going on is incompatible. We don't have to copy everything from the extremist and scream "Zelda Akbar" in every social forums.

Parody, satire... That's what Charlie Hebdo does after all.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Well, there's various things happening in France that are creating a rise of the far-right politics.
Ah. Well, I'm honestly unaware of these movements in France, so I don't really know what to say in regards of that. One can only hope racism doesn't take over thanks to militant extremism :(

Also, while I condone of the freedom to be satirical, I wouldn't really join a silly parody associating ourselves with anything remotely like terrorism, mostly because I find it pretty tasteless.

Latte

Smash Ace
I don't think that being silly and aware of what's going on is incompatible. We don't have to copy everything from the extremist and scream "Zelda Akbar" in every social forums.

Parody, satire... That's what Charlie Hebdo does after all.
I understand your point, and I'm perfectly fine with you thinking that.

That said, I still feel like it would be a foolish and insensitive move.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Well, if it's because of Charlie Hebdo, yes it's insensitive.

In fact, I think that doing it now is a reeeeally bad idea. But if there were no recent terrorist attack... Yes making fun of it -lightly of course- wouldn't be that bad.

Terrorism is obviously always a terrible concept. The most important thing when joking about something bad is to know when to stop the joke and more importantly, if you can tell the joke to someone or not.

We can laugh of everything, but not with everyone.

Latte

Smash Ace
Oh my gosh these cloud pins are adorable.

I want one but they're almost all sold out and I have no money right now.

EDIT: There are adorable egg pins too

Last edited:
Top Bottom