• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Will there ever be a character that'll have an even MU against Rosalatency? Besides herself. :V
The only time I fought a Rosaleopard was on FG and it made me very salty. But that was ages ago.

I seriously need to learn the MU against her.

Also, saw Gintama & Ore Monogatari!!. The episodes were awesome. :yeahboi;

I kinda want someone to edit this gif to be Palucina related. With Sakurai walking in. :secretkpop:

Or just edit it to however you want it to be. :V
Well we listed the MU as 49:51 so that's kinda close...

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Throw blaster seems to be programed as part of the throw and not like normal B blaster. I wonder if throw blaster cannot be reflected?
Do Falco's customs increase his throw damage/KB?

While I'm at it, what would you say are Falco's best custom moves?

edit

Can you link them? Japan often has more questionable material in games than western cultures.
Throw blaster can be reflected.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Throw blaster seems to be programed as part of the throw and not like normal B blaster. I wonder if throw blaster cannot be reflected?

Pretty much do the same damage and knockback, even the Not Fox laser custom.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I think the main problem is that I always seem to get in the way of the Luma. And with the HP buff it got, it won't be going away anytime soon. Guess I need to be patient against Rosaluna.
I find that just hitting it off the ledge works best for getting rid of it. I love it when it gets KO'd again as soon as it respwns, lol.

I prefer to try and go in on Rosalinda. You really have to take advantage of her Lumaless state.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I find that just hitting it off the ledge works best for getting rid of it. I love it when it gets KO'd again as soon as it respwns, lol.

I prefer to try and go in on Rosalinda. You really have to take advantage of her Lumaless state.
Fair enough. I'll try and keep that in mind when I go in with my mains.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Will there ever be a character that'll have an even MU against Rosalatency? Besides herself. :V
The only time I fought a Rosaleopard was on FG and it made me very salty. But that was ages ago.

I seriously need to learn the MU against her.

Also, saw Gintama & Ore Monogatari!!. The episodes were awesome. :yeahboi:

I kinda want someone to edit this gif to be Palucina related. With Sakurai walking in. :secretkpop:

Or just edit it to however you want it to be. :V
After I play with Souflee I can help you if you want

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I know that, but why were they programmed that way? Falco has the best and worst kill throws because of that since they're really unreliable, but they can catch people off guard and they look hilarious. Falco could have just gotten different throws or something, but then people would complain about Falco having kill throws (that aren't as powerful as Sonic, Ness, or Lucas's).

Customs don't affect anything as far as I know and his lasers are kind of stupidly disjointed during throws. It's like a rectangle surrounding the hitbox at times compared to his usual thing lasers. The hitbox sort of matches Explosive Blaster's more than his regular and Burst Blaster's.

Blaster = Burst Blaster = Explosive Blaster. It's all about play style with these and what you want to do; default's for interrupting and gimping, Burst for tacking on damage quickly, and Explosive for edgeguarding shenanigans.

Falco Phantasm >= Falco Phase >? Falco Charge. Once again, play style decisions; Phantasm if you want to do damage and have the ability to soft spike people, Phase if you want to I-frame dash through things and potentially safer recovery, but it has a slightly shorter travel distance and longer end lag?, and Charge is just there waiting for people to actually figure out if it's butt or not.

Fire Bird <= Fast Fire Bird > Distant Fire Bird. Fire Bird's your default choice and there's nothing wrong with it other than as an overall recovery move, it sucks, but of the 3, it's the most balanced choice, Fast Fire Bird is great for a quicker, but shorter recovery and it gives Falco another burst movement alongside Falco Phantasm and Phase, and the argument for Distant Fire Bird is that Falco can go deeper to edgeguard people, but most of the cast already can't deal with how far Falco goes off-stage. Distant Fire Bird's longer charge time and slower travel speed is made up by traveling half of Final Destination; it still travels less than Fox's default Fire Fox. I don't see the reason for its use when you can already go deep with default Fire Bird and Fast Fire Bird gives Falco another option to travel quickly and in more angles than just straight ahead and on stages with walls, he can just use the wall to make Fast Fire Bird cover the same distance as default Fire Bird.

Reflector = Reflector Void > Accele-Reflector. Depends on MU for Reflector and Reflector Void. So, say, against Link, Reflector Void can still reflect Link's projectiles, but Reflector Void has 13 frames of startup while Reflector has 5, but if you've got the timing, then whatever. Now, against say, Ganondorf who has no projectiles, Reflector Void probably makes more sense there. Reflector Void gives Falco another aerial kill tool and a launcher on the ground while being disjointed, but it's a slower poke tool compared to default Reflector; Reflector Void is also kind of like Melee Falco's Reflector since it sends people up. Accele-Reflector is basically Wolf's Reflector functioning like Falco's, but without the intangibility frames, comes out slower at frame 9, and doesn't reflect the way back. It's a cool idea with being able to speed up projectiles, but the fact it's slower, does 2% instead of default's 5%, can't reflect when yo-yoing back, and has little knockback makes it that much worse of an option. If it was frame 4, then hell yeah, this could be a decent option for certain MUs, but as of now, no and I don't see it being changed until Smash 5 comes out and even then, it might not make it into Smash 5.

Edit: Why is the AI so... derpy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xlc9utXY5co?

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Use MK so i can tell you how much you suck.

That's my thing y'know, like soul saying 'eh' all the time or going on about pikachu or 3ds. fullmoon making everything related to greninja for no reason, fframran ranting about pointless ****, eodmo7 being a weab, machiato not sticking with one char etc.
now i wonder what my thing is

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
You need any :4darkpit::4jigglypuff::4pikachu: MU'S?
Most likely too. I'll have two matches against each with my different mains.

So that might be about 32 matches we'll have. Since I'll be using Bowser, Shulk, Lucina & Roy. Or we can just stick to one match per main.

So it'll go:
:4bowser::4shulk::4lucina::4feroy: v :rosalina:
Then all four vs DP, Puff and Pikachu afterwards.

Since I've set it to 3 stocks 8 minutes. Might be enough for me to learn the MUs with all of them.
So that'll be sixteen matches. :yeahboi:

Last edited:

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.
I heard the nerfs dropped him from top 5-ish to mid- tier. So yeah, that's a little scary. Scarier than B-gorls's Aoba cake (The one new gorl who mains Sheik, sorry I couldn't remember how to spell your name!)
I am... totally okay with this name.

Also, you can refer to my signature. Because that's totally how you spell my name :secretkpop:

jfc it's like 7am I'm going back to sleep

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Why do people assume that if I'm not approaching the match shouldn't start LOL
Gotta work on my Sheik for SKTAR
anyone want to play?

warionumbah2

Smash Master
now i wonder what my thing is
@ Antonykun Antonykun = Swordspider guy that bashes Swordspider cuz Swordspider is bad.
@Lavani = Frame data guru with that creepy Luigi avatar
@Aerodrome = Best artist of this generation and does frame data stuff
@ FullMoon FullMoon = Brings up Greninja in CCI when it has nothing to do with Greninja. Example: Random member - Man 'X' struggles with fast characters. FM - Well just so you know :4greninja: has the best mobility in the game counting fastfall,ground speed and aerial speed and he can also do this and that and this and that. I think he wins this MU he goes even with everyone.
@ EODM07 EODM07 = Weab
@ warionumbah2 warionumbah2 = SF3 fanboy who bashes any MK he sees. MK is lowtier btw
@ Ffamran Ffamran = Does silly rants that take up your whole page, usually about how bad Falco is and questioning Sakurai's impeccable logic.
@Macchiato = Self explanatory, everyones a mid tier folks
@bluecrow = posts pairing pics or pics in general
@Soul. = Edgy Pika main who adores his 3ds. Example: Heavy skull bash is broken, soooo wat about the 3ds custom music? blah blah pika blah blah broken blah blah QA blah blah Eh Eh Eh Eh Eh Eh
@Berserker. = Waifu avy guy who's got the 'Macchitoto' thing going on
@ Aunt Jemima Aunt Jemima = Silly Kirby main in every sense of the word.

that's all i got.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Why do people assume that if I'm not approaching the match shouldn't start LOL
Gotta work on my Sheik for SKTAR
anyone want to play?
If you still want to play after you're done with Rizen, let me know. I need Sheik MU experience... badly. I haven't fought a good one (it's like MK from Brawl all over again lol).

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
@ Antonykun Antonykun = Swordspider guy that bashes Swordspider cuz Swordspider is bad.
@Lavani = Frame data guru with that creepy Luigi avatar
@Aerodrome = Best artist of this generation and does frame data stuff
@ FullMoon FullMoon = Brings up Greninja in CCI when it has nothing to do with Greninja. Example: Random member - Man 'X' struggles with fast characters. FM - Well just so you know :4greninja: has the best mobility in the game counting fastfall,ground speed and aerial speed and he can also do this and that and this and that. I think he wins this MU he goes even with everyone.
@ EODM07 EODM07 = Weab
@ warionumbah2 warionumbah2 = SF3 fanboy who bashes any MK he sees. MK is lowtier btw
@ Ffamran Ffamran = Does silly rants that take up your whole page, usually about how bad Falco is and questioning Sakurai's impeccable logic.
@Macchiato = Self explanatory, everyones a mid tier folks
@bluecrow = posts pairing pics or pics in general
@Soul. = Edgy Pika main who adores his 3ds. Example: Heavy skull bash is broken, soooo wat about the 3ds custom music? blah blah pika blah blah broken blah blah QA blah blah Eh Eh Eh Eh Eh Eh
@Berserker. = Waifu avy guy who's got the 'Macchitoto' thing going on
@ Aunt Jemima Aunt Jemima = Silly Kirby main in every sense of the word.

that's all i got.
Beyond Relevant
mk.JPG

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I will. I need Sheik MU exp with my characters.
oh **** sorry
was writing up something for the DK-Kirby MU
If you still want to play after you're done with Rizen, let me know. I need Sheik MU experience... badly. I haven't fought a good one (it's like MK from Brawl all over again lol).
I'm a meh Sheik LOL
Kirby is my forte

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
GGS Souflee! :happysheep:

Phantom still needs to be nerfed :troll:

EOD I have a room up now

Edit: no wait you already have a room

Last edited:

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
Because you can pick Zelda and still have a chance at beating the highest tier for example
Unlike Melee where Sheik - Bowser was 90-10
90-10
Pm is the most balanced imo at least

The contrast between good and bad characters are only going to be more noticeable as time goes on

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Because you can pick Zelda and still have a chance at beating the highest tier for example
Unlike Melee where Sheik - Bowser was 90-10
90-10
OMG I laughed super loud at the end. That's like, beautifully accurate.

Ironically, it's generally agreed the Zelda:Sheik MU in Melee was also a 10:90. She couldn't handle herself, but she also handled herself pretty handily. :secretkpop:

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Lol. The only time I did that was when people were talking about Jigglypuff and her MUs. Most of the other times someone else was talking about Greninja and I decided to chime in. Or I asked someone about their MU with Greninja or w/e.

Anyway I went to my locals today since it was close to my English Course and I had to go there to do a test and played a looooot of friendlies there. I didn't drop a single match with Greninja surprisingly, people there are already calling me the god of Sm4sh. That just goes to show that my locals aren't really very good with Sm4sh =V

Top Bottom