• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
To me, it's not about her beating certain characters, it's about if you CAN. It all depends on your opponent. If your opponent is good, you're obviously gonna have a tough time with them. If your opponent is bad, I'm pretty sure you'll beat them. It all comes down to the skill that you and your opponent has. That's how I see it. I don't pay attention to MUs. I'll go in with any of my mains because I'm confident with them.
I pay attention to some extent because once you reach a certain point some MUs will be so uphill it's not worth it (sounds like Olimar for Zelda tbh). I mean, if your character is good enough then you probably can go all the way, but others if you're truly playing competitively you either have a strong devotion to the character or you expect to not win (I won't say lose here because you want to win some but you can't go in expecting to take first when your bad MUs are all love the place).

I use Puff a fair bit and think she's fun to use. But she's not a competitively good character IMO. I was just curious which matchups you feel she does well in.

Last edited:

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Jigglypuff is so reliant on game mechanics that the engine is a huge factor in her viability. 64 and Melee's large hitstun was a huge contributor to her success (not to mention Melee's engine helping mask her floatiness). Edgehogging, as Macchiato said, was also hugely important to her because it allowed her to easily close stocks by using one of her best attributes (her recovery). When those mechanics are changed or removed, Jigglypuff is affected more than basically any other character.

I love the character to death, but she's really meh in this game and it makes me sad.
so is Falcon minus his easy mode buffs for this game lol cause he was buffed for brawl but the game engine screwed him over

my problem with JP for this game is i don't feel like laming people out all match and play to time. anyone who's played my JP recently can attest to the match going till last minute because i have to adopt an "IDC about anything mentality." especially on wifi where my my JP is often unlucky and my Fair trains don't work nor do my Rest attempts, but the other roll glory Jigglys do. :v

honestly minus pound and Rest Nerfs JP is actually better for this game i only miss the movement freedom of brawl but this game is close enough. sure ledgehog free is gone but its not a total loss considering ledge trumps can be fun.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
um Sakurai I know you've answered lots of fans' questions before but you still haven't answered the most important one

why does Falcon exist
I like fightin FG Falcon tho.

The recovery is so Eruption worthy.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
URGENT NOTICE TO YOU GORLS

My bracket match in the online tourney with the 10th best player in my region will be streamed on here at 8:30PM PST (about 40 minutes from the time of the post)

I NEED YOUR SUPPORT AND YOUR SASS TO HELP ME BODY THIS FRAUD.

PLS

www.twitch.tv/princeofktown
I'LL REMIND YOU ALL WHEN IT'S ABOUT TIME. PLEASE GIVE ME SUPPORT AS I GO EAT AND GET READY ; w ;

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo

My bracket match in the online tourney with the 10th best player in my region will be streamed on here at 8:30PM PST (about 40 minutes from the time of the post)

PLS

I'LL REMIND YOU ALL WHEN IT'S ABOUT TIME. PLEASE GIVE ME SUPPORT AS I GO EAT AND GET READY ; w ;
Is @| Big D | the best in your region? I still can't forgive him for dropping precious WiiFit.

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572

PLS

You can do it! Eat all the food!

Go
Phil!

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Speaking of Big D, he's still thinking Zelda's the worst character, right @ SBphiloz4 SBphiloz4 ?
Wii Fit and Zelda are fighting for the worst character slot in his opinion.

Is @| Big D | the best in your region? I still can't forgive him for dropping precious WiiFit.
He's hands down the best player in our region. He also never took WFT seriously as a character, only someone who he can fool around with.

@ SBphiloz4 SBphiloz4 Just dair. Remember when not to Nayru's and what to use instead.
I'M ACTUALLY SO SCARED BECAUSE HE'S GOING LUIGI AND NOT NESS AND I'M NOT 100% SURE WHAT TO REALLY DO BUT IMMA WIN

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Wii Fit and Zelda are fighting for the worst character slot in his opinion.

He's hands down the best player in our region. He also never took WFT seriously as a character, only someone who he can fool around with.

I'M ACTUALLY SO SCARED BECAUSE HE'S GOING LUIGI AND NOT NESS AND I'M NOT 100% SURE WHAT TO REALLY DO BUT IMMA WIN
GORL WHEN HE MAINED HER HE PUT WIIFIT AS MID... I'm crying rn

D

Deleted member

I pay attention to some extent because once you reach a certain point some MUs will be so uphill it's not worth it (sounds like Olimar for Zelda tbh). I mean, if your character is good enough then you probably can go all the way, but others if you're truly playing competitively you either have a strong devotion to the character or you expect to not win (I won't say lose here because you want to win some but you can't go in expecting to take first when your bad MUs are all love the place).

I use Puff a fair bit and think she's fun to use. But she's not a competitively good character IMO. I was just curious which matchups you feel she does well in.
I tend to struggle with characters who have more power or are heavy (So characters like Ike, Ganon etc). Jigglypuff is so light so that means characters who are very powerful are gonna end up killing Jiggly very early (obviously). And with heavy characters, Jiggly's strength isn't the best, so she'll have a hard time killing these characters (Bowser, DDD etc). Speedy and lighter characters are much better since Jiggly can keep up with them with her good air speed. Like I said, Jiggly has a tough time with heavy characters, so lighter characters are easier to deal with.

Soul.

For Glory should be 100% Roy, Ryu and Lucas by now...
...why are they still playing Falcon lol.

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Does anyone have that

"Hope opponent doesn't know how to shield

Spam Farore's" pic ?

Edit: Nvm I saved it on my phone.

It should be added to the Zeldaganda.

Last edited:

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Well done for the effort. How long was the fast for you, and when did you start feeling hungry?

14-15 hours, where I live. Not too bad. I'm starving around noon.
It was pretty long. I woke up to eat at around 5 a.m and broke it around 8 p.m. Started to feel hungry almost immediately. Felt like I was not going to make it. When it ended, I basically ate the most food I ever did in a sitting. Made you appreciate eating.

I don't know how you manage to do it in a whole month but good luck to you. As for me, I'm not going to attempt it again maybe till next year.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Since I finished one of the currently airing Anime.

What do you girls think I should watch next? :3

ora

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
It was pretty long. I woke up to eat at around 5 a.m and broke it around 8 p.m. Started to feel hungry almost immediately. Felt like I was not going to make it. When it ended, I basically ate the most food I ever did in a sitting. Made you appreciate eating.

I don't know how you manage to do it in a whole month but good luck to you. As for me, I'm not going to attempt it again maybe till next year.
My meal-size through the sunset to dawn period is partitioned. Two dates and a glass of milk fills me up right away at sunset (it really does, regardless of how hungry you are, a date and a glass of chocolate milk will satisfy your stomach), at around midnight I go slightly heavy, and the pre-dawn meal is the heaviest. Drinking plenty of water along the way.

Need to maintain frame and work out, after all. Indulging myself in only two huge meals per day for a whole month is a recipe for disaster. I go through an intense workout an hour right before sunset, to help manage.

Over a billion people on the planet are doing it as well, from filthy rich to dirt poor countries. If they can do it, so can I, I always tell myself. The funniest part: You never truly get used to fasting. The pain of hunger is as strong as it is on Day 4 or 5 as it is Day 27.

Well, going to call it a night. Have to wake up in less than three hours to eat again.

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I really need to get more patient when I play Greninja. When I was playing Macchiato earlier today I realized that when I stopped being super aggressive and actually tried to take things patiently I started doing a lot better lol.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Everything went wrong today this match.

EVERYTHING.

I'm pretty sure it's impossible to give advice to this because I got bodied so hard that it seemed like I didn't even try.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
That happens to me too sometimes. I'll keep getting punished for stuff...so I just have to slow down and think a little more. It's funny since you can tell when I start doing that mid-match.
-----
Ok so do you gorls remember when I was talking about attending a small tourney? Here's one I'm looking at now.
http://smashboards.com/threads/jun-...ii-u-melee-weekly-lewisville-tx.373601/page-4
Any thoughts? Does it look good?

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I really need to get more patient when I play Greninja. When I was playing Macchiato earlier today I realized that when I stopped being super aggressive and actually tried to take things patiently I started doing a lot better lol.
eff patient greninja

Top Bottom