• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Speaking of which, what is Zelda's flow chart for fighting Roy?

I just have: Cry.
Better version: wished she learned how to Waterbend - water spells - and that she brought her rapier from Twilight Princess. Roy might as well be immune to Din's Fire or empowered by it. :p

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I really want to know USmash's full animation length, the hitbox ends on frame 25 and I honestly doubt the whole move lasts more than 40 frames (possibly less).
38 frames

It is the safest smash in the game.

The transition from jab 1 to the rapid jab loop is long enough for a lot of characters to interrupt it with aerials or attacks (at least frame 3 moves work and I think there's more leeway). Since it's fixed knockback it never incurs more hitstun for higher percent too, right? And what about rage? Either way, yeah, it's not quite as good as it looks but still pretty decent thanks to the disjoint. A buff I hadn't thought about but would like is a quicker transition to make it safer like Ike's and Diddy's jabs got. DTilt buff is nice because it gives us a quicker alternative to jab than FTilt (frame 6 vs. frame 10).
The thing that really gets me is the puff graphic on the jab ender is out nearly until the IASA, but the jab ender itself is only active 1 frame. It just makes the move look like it's really meaty when it's actually pretty safe to challenge (20 frames of endlag).

The hitstun on jab1 doesn't increase with percent, right. I forget if rage affects it but I want to say no.

How's buffed dtilt, by the by?

Hah, I wish. Real talk though, 5-8 are pretty decent and even 3 and 4 are okay (2 can jab lock so there's that I guess?). One's the only one that is always, always bad.
Well I missed literally 23 times in chapter 2 of Thracia 776 today with accuracy values in the 82-96% range so I guess I can believe that "9 only" isn't the norm and that it's just my rotten luck :(

Thanks for your input tho
You're welcome!

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
kinda hope your luck improves cause the game amps up quickly
I just missed two 90%s in a row with Leif so I don't think it's going to!

EDIT: And then Tanya double crits a pirate I was trying to weaken to capture with Othin, there goes that Hand Axe.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Does FE still have that weird "true hit %" thing? I know some of the older games had it. Basically the displayed hit % wasn't actually the correct %, something about it using two random numbers or something.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Does FE still have that weird "true hit %" thing? I know some of the older games had it. Basically the displayed hit % wasn't actually the correct %, something about it using two random numbers or something.
It's the newer games (6 and later) that have it. Basically the RNG rolls twice, and the average of the two numbers is the number used to determine if you land the hit. It's designed to favour the player, as lower hit rates are skewed closer to zero, making enemies more likely to miss, and higher hits get skewed closer to 100%, and the player's units usually have high hit chances.

http://serenesforest.net/general/true-hit/

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
It's the newer games (6 and later) that have it. Basically the RNG rolls twice, and the average of the two numbers is the number used to determine if you land the hit. It's designed to favour the player, as lower hit rates are skewed closer to zero, making enemies more likely to miss, and higher hits get skewed closer to 100%, and the player's units usually have high hit chances.

Oh, good to know, thanks. But Radiant Dawn almost never favored me, lol. That game had it out for me.

EDIT: "Not directly confirmed in FE10". Welp nevermind then that explains it.

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I just missed two 90%s in a row with Leif so I don't think it's going to!

EDIT: And then Tanya double crits a pirate I was trying to weaken to capture with Othin, there goes that Hand Axe.
I like halvan/finn for my early game captures, brave weapons op
I could use marty, too bad marty has the weirdest growths and stats I've seen in a unit in a long time

Too op
crazy doubling skill and
amazing accuracy

also leif just wants to confirm himself as a bad unit :secretkpop:
If the old games had true hit bosses would be ten times easier

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny

Huh, funky.

Oddly I felt like the GBA games (and now Thracia) had the most volatile RNG though. FEA's literally the only FE I played where I found myself looking at the accuracy/crit numbers and thinking "yep, those percentages seems accurate".

I like halvan/finn for my early game captures, brave weapons op
I could use marty, too bad marty has the weirdest growths and stats I've seen in a unit in a long time

Too op
crazy doubling skill and
amazing accuracy

also leif just wants to confirm himself as a bad unit :secretkpop:

If the old games had true hit bosses would be ten times easier
lmao those are some...interesting stat growths

I always forget brave weapons help with capturing, guess I should be doing that more. I've been paranoid about needlessly depleting the durability on those but...there's quite a bit there so maybe it's not really that big a deal.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I think I've had Chrom miss at like 95%?

I just remember putting the game down for a moment so I could admire the level of failure that happened there.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Oddly I felt like the GBA games (and now Thracia) had the most volatile RNG though. FEA's literally the only FE I played where I found myself looking at the accuracy/crit numbers and thinking "yep, those percentages seems accurate".
I think in the GBA games, the RNG seed is set by how much you move the cursor. So if you're doing a lot of scrolling around and looking at different units' stats, then the RNGs are going to be all over the place.
So if you're playing on an emulator and get a result in battle you don't like, you can just reload your save state and scroll around for a bit until you get the result you want :p
Newer games probably have a more refined number generator code, and use things like the system clock for the seed.

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
I was not challenged by Koiba, but I fought her anyways. I like helping people out and training with them. It's so much fun helping other people get better, and having others help you get better too. If it weren't for others' kindness in doing so, we'd all be stuck at the same skill level and not be posting in these forums every five seconds making new techniques public and developing the meta. I don't know what I'm rambling about, you guys don't know me very well since I never really introduced myself and appeared out of nowhere here, I'm very delirious (thanks insomnia), but goodnight gorls. Excuse this message that had not much to do about anything except obvious things, I need the sleep.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I always forget brave weapons help with capturing, guess I should be doing that more. I've been paranoid about needlessly depleting the durability on those but...there's quite a bit there so maybe it's not really that big a deal.
ya you'll defiantly have to watch you weapons uses, but you'll never be able to get past some early parts with out some usage.
Luckily the really rare stuff in that game usually comes with 50% extra uses

oh, almost forgot
do you know about pursuit multipliers and movement growths in Thracia 776? because I didn't know about till half way through the game and it's rather important to know. It makes the game kind of playable
lmao those are some...interesting stat growths
75% growth rate in con
15% growth rate in speed/strength
I think I've had Chrom

I just remember putting the game down for a moment so I could admire the level of failure that happened there.
fixed to be accurate for my case, but ya 95% is silly to miss, I think it's a 1 in a million though to be crit by a 1%/1%
I think in the GBA games, the RNG seed is set by how much you move the cursor. So if you're doing a lot of scrolling around and looking at different units' stats, then the RNGs are going to be all over the place.
So if you're playing on an emulator and get a result in battle you don't like, you can just reload your save state and scroll around for a bit until you get the result you want :p
Newer games probably have a more refined number generator code, and use things like the system clock for the seed.
I think RNG mechanics vary I think depending on system, but a good number of the GBA nonsense was based on the turn. If I remember correctly Characters would receive a set level up each turn. IDK, but with save stats you really could figure out the rng in each of them

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
oh, almost forgot
do you know about pursuit multipliers and movement growths in Thracia 776? because I didn't know about till half way through the game and it's rather important to know. It makes the game kind of playable
Nope, those are news to me.

I used to remember the specifics of rng manip in the GBA games but forgot over the years, but yeah a lot of older games have rng based on your actions.

It's one of the things I both love and hate about Etrian Odyssey, because when you know what to do to manipulate the rng it can make for some consistent strategies and makes for some interesting speedruns (...or in EO3's case, you just PETRIFY EVERYTHING), but once you're mindful of it playing the game casually is impossible ("Oh, if I defend with this character then my poison will land for sure", etc)

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Defensive Lucas is gonna be big trouble for Zelda. PK Fire and Zair walls all day. A match just went to time on FG against a super campy Lucas smh. Still won the Sudden Death, but...yeah.

EDIT: Anyone want to play for a bit?

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
It's midnight right now for me.

I actually linked to the wrong stream this morning rip but I'll link to some of my matches tomor--.... Later today.

I'll say that I got 13th of 35 entrants today. It's alright I guess.

Also won my MM in ZSS dittos yay

Details tomorro-- later today.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
How good is Lucas' neutral honestly?
I'm not sure, but getting in as Zelda is pretty hard (or at least for me it was). Then again, I struggle with Zairs a lot (how the hell do you get past those things omg). Add in projectiles and I'll be tearing my hair out.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Nope, those are news to me.
well I'm going to name a few other silly mechanics just in case and keep it spoiler free
  1. pursuit multipliers - some bull**** mechanic someone thought was good enough to get in the game. Basically this is a hard set value from 0-5. any time your character strikes a second time in a fight, their crit value is multiplied by the pursuit number (technically called pursuit critical coefficient). so if your unit ever is in a long fight and just randomly decides to go hamburgers or if they never crit at all it's prob because of that. THE GAME DOES NOT TELL YOU WHAT VALUE YOUR UNIT HAS
  2. movement growth rate - like I pretty much just said it, it is a thing. However, the only thing worth mentioning about it is that it is a growth rate of 1-5%... awesome... I WAS REALLY CONFUSED WHEN FINN COULD MOVE LIKE SIGURD. no really my Finn got a growth in movement 3 times on a 1% growth rate, I decided to give him the boots and class him up for ****s and giggles. 14/11 movement mounted/unmounted
  3. Leadership stars - old FE mechanic that died for some reason. each star gives everyone else of the same faction on the map 3% hit/avoid. Not like FE4 where units had to be with in 3 spaces of each other (lief does actually gain and lose these as the game progresses)
  4. movement stars - some other stupid bull**** mechanic someone was truly on drugs to put in the game. so this appears in the stats bar near leadership stars. once again all units have between 0-5 of these. for EACH star they gain a 5% chance to ACT AGAIN after their turn ends (enemies can have these too).
  5. Crusader scolls - the one thing that makes this game playable. They give a straight bonus to certain growth rates and decrease some too. THEY ALSO NULLIFY ENEMY CRITS. notable ones are
    1. Neir - only one that gives con growth increase
    2. Dain - only one that gives movement growth increase
or you can just look up crusader scroll growth rates
Defensive Lucas is gonna be big trouble for Zelda. PK Fire and Zair walls all day. A match just went to time on FG against a super campy Lucas smh. Still won the Sudden Death, but...yeah.
Sudden Death doesn't count and it never will

Last edited:
It's midnight right now for me.

I actually linked to the wrong stream this morning rip but I'll link to some of my matches tomor--.... Later today.

I'll say that I got 13th of 35 entrants today. It's alright I guess.

Also won my MM in ZSS dittos yay

Details tomorro-- later today.
Did you use ZSS once or twice in the singles tourney or Zelderly all the way?

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
so the ai in the online waiting room just perfect pivoted and then crouch taunted me

what is happening

Last edited:

Soul.

Oh yeah, @ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer will you have custom move frame data in your website by any chance? I was wondering when would that be added considering customs are the way to jan—i mean go

Top Bottom