• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I can't fight Roy anymore or I'm going to become a living pile of salt.

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
I honestly can not see Lucas as low tier. He's got too much going for him.

EDIT: I'm going lucas again, don't worry. ;)

Last edited:

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Don't fight Lv. 9s they're literally cancerous. 8 is at least manageble.

Lucas is definitely not low tier lol. I think he's at least Mid.
I can handle them though. Besides, I love two stocking them~. (In 1 vs. 1 that is). 1 vs. 2 almost made me rage.

The truth hurts. ALOT.

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
The more I get used to Lucas the better I think he's going to be honestly.

Hell I'm even afraid I'll be better with him than with Greninja.

Last edited:

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
Lucas is definitely not low tier lol. I think he's at least Mid.
That's what I'm saying. I think people were just judging him too quickly. His flaws can be worked around and don't hurt him as bad as MewTwo... MewTwo is the best combo food around and dies so easily. Everyone could tell immediately that something was up when he was released. Spirst's MewTwo is scary though, so I'm not entirely sure on his placement, but his weight issue along with his giant hurtbox seem worse than what Lucas has going against him.

At least I know he'll be better than :4zelda: no matter what.

Last edited:

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053

Coward. :yoshimelee:

Bad, hideous jokes aside, that's a good thing Moon!

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Also one thing to note for :4lucas:players:

For :4falcon:, Dthrow -> Usmash is a true combo without DI until 36%
Not very useful in real matches probably but very fun to abuse in FG.
I think it works on :4sheik: too, hold on.
It works on :4sheik: until 15% ehehehe
Someone on the Lucas boards discovered this but I'm too lazy to look for who SORRRRY.

Last edited:

Estel Elessar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jack1995pilot
Been putting a lot more work into Melee than Smash 4 and I think it's bringing my Sm4sh play level down. Actually I'm pretty sure it is. I catch myself unconsciously trying to wavedash and wondering why I'm so floaty.

I just like melee too much to not play it halp

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
Been putting a lot more work into Melee than Smash 4 and I think it's bringing my Sm4sh play level down. Actually I'm pretty sure it is. I catch myself unconsciously trying to wavedash and wondering why I'm so floaty.

Uhh, uhh, uhh, if you want to play this against other people, I reccomend one hour of play by yourself with CPU's before playing it again with them. That's what I've had to do every time I go back and play Melee. The two engines are so different it's ridiculous, you have to get used to each one each time you go back and play them again.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Don't fight Lv. 9s they're literally cancerous. 8 is at least manageble.
cancerous isn't the right word I think clairvoyant would be the right one.
Jump at them and go for aerial? perfect air dodge
empty jump at them? take an aerial
Their footsies are terrible, their recovery is usually too high, sometimes they just choose to roll onto the stage into a charged smash and their combos are randomly good as your hand in poker, but unless you have a frame trap they seem to be unstoppable in the air.
Funny how level 9s are good at building bad habits because of that as well
can't change into what you already are

I don't see a problem here

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Look at all these optimists! Personally, I don't think Lucas will be all that great, but he's not terrible. Sadly, Ness outclasses Lucas in just about every way.

He's fun, though, and that's all that matters to me.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
:4fox:goes until 20%.
Maybe I should make a thread for this. But it's late and I'm on mobile and I think there might be a thread already but I dunno.

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Those were some amazing matches @ McKnightlíght McKnightlíght You are insanely good. You make me want to learn Ike.
GGs!

Something just came up and put me out of the Smash mood, so those last few were kind of wonky lol.

Your Lucas is really good (The new DLC added 3 incredibly annoying matches for Ike.) but your Roy is just filthy. Neutral B, usmash, Fsmash, all solid options at any point to obliterate Ike. I should have played your Roy as Sonic, but I need experience on that Ike v Roy matchup and you were giving out good matches.

Overall you're pretty solid, who did you play before the DLC tho?

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Those were some amazing matches @ McKnightlíght McKnightlíght You are insanely good. You make me want to learn Ike.
Ike's easy.
#1 : Get use to his slowness
#2 : Utilize all of his attacks in your own special way.
#3 : I don't know what the hell i'm talking about anymore.
#4 : I blame Lvl. 9 CPUS.
#5 : Get use to his Big, Magnificent, Neutral B.
#6 : Ness's Back Throw needs to be erased from the game completely.

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Ike's easy.
#1 : Get use to his slowness
#2 : Utilize all of his attacks in your own special way.
#3 : I don't know what the hell i'm talking about anymore.
#4 : I blame Lvl. 9 CPUS.
#5 : Get use to his Big, Magnificent, Neutral B.
#6 : Ness's Back Throw needs to be erased from the game completely.
#6 is very relevant for an Ike guide, no joke.

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Roy hasn't given me too much trouble honestly. I'm sure he will as people figure him out.

Lucas seems like he has a great spacing game, no? He feels like a bit more of a power character than Ness but with worse disadvantage.

The Game & Watch boards are so dead and not super productive. There IS DThrow research but it mostly lacks DI/rage data so it's not great.

People's thoughts on my trollish main? :4gaw:

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
GGs!

Something just came up and put me out of the Smash mood, so those last few were kind of wonky lol.

Your Lucas is really good (The new DLC added 3 incredibly annoying matches for Ike.) but your Roy is just filthy. Neutral B, usmash, Fsmash, all solid options at any point to obliterate Ike. I should have played your Roy as Sonic, but I need experience on that Ike v Roy matchup and you were giving out good matches.

Overall you're pretty solid, who did you play before the DLC tho?
Oh wow, your making me blush. :happysheep:

Before the DLC it was Rosalina(Main) and Lucina(Secondary). But now it's Lucas(Main) Rosalina(Secondary).
I hadn't actually used Roy that much before now. I picked him as a "Eh, why not?" match, but he turned out to be really fun to play! Most of the strategies i used were cobbled together right at that second, though I have used him a couple times before. I guess that's a testament to how ridiculous roy is.

Maybe I should drop Rosalina. I haven't been having much fun with her lately, anyway.

Last edited:

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
Look at all these optimists! Personally, I don't think Lucas will be all that great, but he's not terrible. Sadly, Ness outclasses Lucas in just about every way.

Like I said, :4zelda: will never approve of him being in her tier. He might be right above it, but he's too good got too much going for him to be with the likes of her. It sucks that Ness always steals his Thunder...

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
People's thoughts on my trollish main? :4gaw:
I suck at dealing with Chef in a proper manner (especially when it turns me around during Rosa's recovery wtf) and usmash taught me to play more patiently and not try to challenge everything.

Jab's graphics are annoyingly deceptive and make it look like the hitbox lingers longer/the attack is a lot safer than what it actually is.

9 is the only number Judge can pull.

That's about it I guess.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Eh I'll make the thread tomorrow.
Goodnight gorls.

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Oh wow, your making me blush. :happysheep:

Before the DLC it was Rosalina(Main) and Lucina(Secondary). But now it's Lucas(Main) Rosalina(Secondary).
I hadn't actually used Roy that much before now. I picked him as a "Eh, why not?" match, but he turned out to be really fun to play! Most of the strategies i used were cobbled together right at that second, though I have used him a couple times before. I guess that's a testament to how ridiculous roy is.

Maybe I should drop Rosalina. I haven't been having much fun with her lately, anyway.
Stick with him, he suits you, I don't know if I even took a game off you.

And we were fairly even when you playing Lucas.

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
Stick with him, he suits you, I don't know if I even took a game off you.

And we were fairly even when you playing Lucas.
We were pretty even with Lucas. I kept using U-smash too much or trying to get behind you to land a bair spike.

There is nothing more satisfying while playing Lucas than a bair spike.

I'll keep playing around with Roy then. I don't know why he fits my style so much but apparently he does! So let's see how it plays out.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Like I said, :4zelda: will never approve of him being in her tier. He might be right above it, but he's too good got too much going for him to be with the likes of her. It sucks that Ness always steals his Thunder...
I would disagree with you, buts it's obvious that you're so biased that it'd be pointless. :secretkpop:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon

lucas PK fire is prob better in every way,
oh and he has zair, so two good projectiles for neutral in a game all about neutral, how about that
also his nair hitbox is bull****, things like this make me wonder why they made zelda's nair smaller
It's because you play rosalina and judge, judges the number everyone wants to see the character dead (on a scale from 1-10, slippy is the only character to get a ten)

Last edited:

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Lucas is very flawed but he is still miles better off than Zelda
What does that say about Zelda:secretkpop:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I suck at dealing with Chef in a proper manner (especially when it turns me around during Rosa's recovery wtf) and usmash taught me to play more patiently and not try to challenge everything.
I actually am pretty bad at properly utilizing Chef but it has good trapping properties that make me wonder how good Short-Order Chef would really be in some MUs.

I really want to know USmash's full animation length, the hitbox ends on frame 25 and I honestly doubt the whole move lasts more than 40 frames (possibly less).

Jab's graphics are annoyingly deceptive and make it look like the hitbox lingers longer/the attack is a lot safer than what it actually is.
The transition from jab 1 to the rapid jab loop is long enough for a lot of characters to interrupt it with aerials or attacks (at least frame 3 moves work and I think there's more leeway). Since it's fixed knockback it never incurs more hitstun for higher percent too, right? And what about rage? Either way, yeah, it's not quite as good as it looks but still pretty decent thanks to the disjoint. A buff I hadn't thought about but would like is a quicker transition to make it safer like Ike's and Diddy's jabs got. DTilt buff is nice because it gives us a quicker alternative to jab than FTilt (frame 6 vs. frame 10).

Hah, I wish. Real talk though, 5-8 are pretty decent and even 3 and 4 are okay (2 can jab lock so there's that I guess?). One's the only one that is always, always bad.

Thanks for your input tho

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
wow falco still feels p.bad
Well, half his game never got patched so... yeah... Y'know, his nonexistent projectile game? The game where even Zelda and Triple D do a better job? The game people keep begging for his Brawl lasers and saying it would make him top 15? (Ha, it'd make him top 5 at least with that broken jank ****.) The game where Ganondorf, DK, Bowser, and every other big target just do not give a flying **** and can tank his lasers since they're pathetic compared to Fox's no-stun, but spammable lasers? The game where customs Mario, Dr. Mario, Rosalina, Fox, and more, but is better? Yeah, that game. Seriously, just give Falco a sniper rifle if you developers really want that end lag to be a thing and the ability to fire "rapidly". At least Falco will get reliable kill throws now with that sniper laser, but it'd destroy his combo game with D-throw which he kind of doesn't need with how U-throw's been working for him.

Hmm... I wonder what would happen if Falco had to ability to use Hadoukens... Hmm... That would be pretty epic. U-throw? Chucks you up and HAAAAADUOKEN! D-throw? Slams you down and HAAAAADOUKEN! B-throw? Throws you back and HAAAAADOUKEN! F-throw? Elbow bashes. :p

Then again, berzie-kins, you ain't Ally. There's 2 more videos on the channel. :p

Unrelated to all of this, Drakengard and Nier's OSTs are creepy, melancholic, depressing, and beautiful. I have no idea where this plays in Drakengard 3; it's called Exhausted 3, but holy ****! It sounds so draining and like you're about to die. You can feel the exhaustion, the staccato lyrics and strings feel like heartbeats freaking out and short breaths, and the echo parts feel like the moment when you're about to lose consciousness. Square Enix! Don't give Nier 2 a happy ending. If you do, it better be the noncanonical ending! Drakengard and Nier are supposed to be about worlds that tear you apart, gods who only care about domination and playing and destroying mortal lives, and the stories are supposed to make you feel like you've witnessed millions of kittens being eaten alive by piranhas! That is all.

Last edited:
Top Bottom