• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

uhhhh......

muh recovery? idk actually customs off Villager is uber underrated if you would believe that
Not really, tbh. I do believe that he's good but he isn't like high tier or anything.

You know who's underrated? Kirby imo, especially with customs

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I used to be super active over there basically welcoming every new member for a couple of months. I even expanded @ WolfieXVII ❂ WolfieXVII ❂ welcome piece and @Cyndane perfected it. Along the way, @ Moydow Moydow started to be active there

Then I got busy with Squidboards....
lmao I used to be so active in the WC
dunno just gave up after other people picked up for me c:

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
lmao I used to be so active in the WC
dunno just gave up after other people picked up for me c:
For me, I was kinda stretched thin because of both SWF and Squidboards WCs. At least @Flight is still active there. He's been there for as long as I could remember and I've been on this site for a long time.

Been thinking of being active again but I'll need to find the time to do it.

Spirst

I honestly forgot Squidboards was even a thing. I posted there for like 2 days then I stopped since I don't even have Splatoon.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
I've had enough Mega Mans for a week. I can't believe I can actually get tired from just watching Mega Mans or at least even one do anything

But yeah, MM is rly good
Re: Megaman dropping, I realized I kinda downplayed the significance of his damage output, how hard he has to work to keep an opponent out, and how unsafe his kill moves are. I still feel like he's a really good character though. Why are there so many good characters in this game?
Forgot to respond to this, but yeah. His damage output is somewhat Sheik like with the exception of up air (20% if point blank can combo into itself on semi-fast fallers for 35-40%? I'm surprised this hasn't been nerfed because it goes against his design.) He's gotta work for a lot but he kills early, lives forever, and doesn't need to change his gameplan based on %. Rage up tilt/BAir is so good.

I am looking into the whole powershield option select thing that Reflex posted in the mechanics thread. If it's a thing, I see it having a large impact on Mega's metagame. Have you looked into it much?

D

Deleted member

For me, I was kinda stretched thin because of both SWF and Squidboards WCs. At least @Flight is still active there. He's been there for as long as I could remember and I've been on this site for a long time.

Been thinking of being active again but I'll need to find the time to do it.
Yes, I still am. Dont have any intentions to stop yet. I barely go to Squidboards though.

Forgot to respond to this, but yeah. His damage output is somewhat Sheik like with the exception of up air (20% if point blank can combo into itself on semi-fast fallers for 35-40%? I'm surprised this hasn't been nerfed because it goes against his design.) He's gotta work for a lot but he kills early, lives forever, and doesn't need to change his gameplan based on %. Rage up tilt/BAir is so good.

I am looking into the whole powershield option select thing that Reflex posted in the mechanics thread. If it's a thing, I see it having a large impact on Mega's metagame. Have you looked into it much?
I don't look at much universal techs tbh. I only look at the Shulk specific ones, if anything

I mostly just rely on fundamentals and doing well at the neutral to win

Soul.

like, i really don't give a **** about splatoon or squidboards in general, so eh. everyone's going to be here anyway lol

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
I don't look at much universal techs tbh. I only look at the Shulk specific ones, if anything

I mostly just rely on fundamentals and doing well at the neutral to win
That was mostly pointed towards Loki, since he likes messing around with mechanics #SDI.
Fundamentals are the way to go.
see avatar for reaction face.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
@ Berserker. Berserker. Gewd tier list a few pages back. I can chip in on Ryu, Roy, Mario, and Doc (I only do Doc for funsies, MIA because Ryu happened and I find him just as fun)

:4ryu: - Will always be A/A- tier IMO because his reward is so ludicrous. When he's in there, he's in there. Also an addendum to his approach, I think it's only poor compared to like, the rest of his kit. It's more relative. I'd consider it like, below-average but not wholly awful. His mobility is decent and so is his air speed (commitment jumps kind of suck) but since you don't have to throw an aerial every jump it's not too bad. His hitlag on shield hurts him a bit, but what I think make his approach tolerable compared to Doc and some others is, well, mostly his Fair. It's frame 6, throw that **** out on reaction if they hit a button and there's a good chance it will trade and do like, 15% (ridonk, it has like Sheik Fair range, comparable). Ryu's shield options with his Fair are also just...lol. Basically will always be good because reward and is basically going to take your stock when he gets in on you. I don't even think he can get camped that hard (firm opinion that Doc is easier to camp than Ryu, Doc's cape doesn't do much cause his mobility is like no)

:4feroy: - Pretty much Falcon with a sword, yeah. Only real big flaw is his bad recovery and he doesn't have a lot of spammable safe options (his range is good but not THAT good so it can be misleading). His mobility mitigates a lot of his issues combined with a stellar combo/followup game and awesome kill potential on like, all of his moves.

:4mario: - Everything you said, except getting kills CAN be ez if you JC Reverse UpSmash because you throw out a giant invincible hitbox that anti airs like everything. GGs. Also if you turn Customs on Mario becomes legit stupid because Scalding FLUDD is a dumb move.

:4drmario: - Barely viable IMO, but he makes the cut by slim margin of above average punish game, Mario frame data, and great OoS game. Like, just barely. Customs fix a few of his issues and make the cut a lot less slim, but yeah.

:4mewtwo: - A friend of mine plays this character. I used to have a bit of hope. Now I just make fun of this character. But hey, as of this patch, Nair only has 16 frames of landing lag instead of 19! A....very slow start on the road to improvement....

Last edited:
That was mostly pointed towards Loki, since he likes messing around with mechanics #SDI.
Fundamentals are the way to go.
see avatar for reaction face.
I'll admit I kinda abused MALLC's invincibility. Lol.

But for the most part, having an on-point spacing game will always be the way to go
@ Berserker. Berserker. Gewd tier list a few pages back. I can chip in on Ryu, Roy, Mario, and Doc (I only do Doc for funsies, MIA because Ryu happened and I find him just as fun)

:4ryu: - Will always be A/A- tier IMO because his reward is so ludicrous. When he's in there, he's in there. Also an addendum to his approach, I think it's only poor compared to like, the rest of his kit. It's more relative. I'd consider it like, below-average but not wholly awful. His mobility is decent and so is his air speed (commitment jumps kind of suck) but since you don't have to throw an aerial every jump it's not too bad. His hitlag on shield hurts him a bit, but what I think make his approach tolerable compared to Doc and some others is, well, mostly his Fair. It's frame 6, throw that **** out on reaction if they hit a button and there's a good chance it will trade and do like, 15% (ridonk, it has like Sheik Fair range, comparable). Ryu's shield options with his Fair are also just...lol. Basically will always be good because reward and is basically going to take your stock when he gets in on you. I don't even think he can get camped that hard (firm opinion that Doc is easier to camp than Ryu, Doc's cape doesn't do much cause his mobility is like no)

:4feroy: - Pretty much Falcon with a sword, yeah. Only real big flaw is his bad recovery and he doesn't have a lot of spammable safe options (his range is good but not THAT good so it can be misleading). His mobility mitigates a lot of his issues combined with a stellar combo/followup game and awesome kill potential on like, all of his moves.

:4mario: - Everything you said, except getting kills CAN be ez if you JC Reverse UpSmash because you throw out a giant invincible hitbox that anti airs like everything. GGs. Also if you turn Customs on Mario becomes legit stupid because Scalding FLUDD is a dumb move.

:4drmario: - Barely viable IMO, but he makes the cut by slim margin of above average punish game, Mario frame data, and great OoS game. Like, just barely. Customs fix a few of his issues and make the cut a lot less slim, but yeah.

:4mewtwo: - A friend of mine plays this character. I used to have a bit of hope. Now I just make fun of this character. But hey, as of this patch, Nair only has 16 frames of landing lag instead of 19! A....very slow start on the road to improvement....
Thanks TT. I would have made Dr. Mario higher tbh but being (well I used to be one) a Mario main myself, I got jaded then I placed Dr. Mario kinda low in my list. He isn't bad at all. If only his recovery was better.... but anyway, he's p.good.

To be honest, I don't see THAT much bad characters in the game. It's really only Mewtwo, Zelda, Samus, and whoever's in my personal bottom tier that's bad imo

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Nah you have Doc in the right place, that's about where I'd put him (somewhere there) if I had to be honest. He's REALLY below average (decent but, yeahhhh).

Also I think Falco got some of the largest improvements as of this patch. Free ass U-Throw into Nair on like everyone, can do another Nair after and it all combossss (maybe they can DI but that stuff's FOR LOSERS). No Uair Sourspot = awesome, etc. etc. like, he's a CHARACTER NOW! YOU CAN PLAY FALCO NOW! I was super ecstatic after I tried him out again, wowsers they actually tried!

I mean he's still below average but of all the chars changed this patch, Falco and Ike stand out to me as greatly, GREATLY improved.

Also yeah Mewtwo is ass and it's mostly because he dies to a fart in the wind (a slight upgrade from Jiggs weight who dies to a paperclip). If the character had more survivability he'd have ludicrous recovery, decent defensive stats, and the ability to ACTUALLY UTILIZE RAGE

Also Falco Uair on Frame 7 is super dope. Why it was frame 11 before I'll never know.

Last edited:
I'm probably the pessimist here when it comes to the Ike hype. I mean, he's pretty much better overall but he still has the same weaknesses. Like, it's easier to space with him. As in, much easier. The only buff I could see that actually sort of help alleviate (a bit) Ike's flaws is the quicker start up to Ike's quickdraw/side B customs.

Then again, I always thought Ike was good, so yeah. Not a bad character

Idk about Falco. I tried him once except that was 8 player Smash. Maybe he's not as bad as I think. I might not use Shulk and go Falco/Greninja. I don't know why but I have this urge to use Greninja all of a sudden

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070

Look at this majestic creature. :yeahboi:

I honestly don't know which characters would be the worst, but if you had to twist my arm. I'd say probably Mewtwo and maybe Swordfighter?

I honestly don't know which characters would be the worst, but if you had to twist my arm. I'd say probably Mewtwo and maybe Swordfighter?
Mewtwo? Possibly

Swordfighter? Nope

IMO, of course. Gonna hit training mode with Meowninja and Flaco

WAIT, I'm gonna play Amnesia first.

Last edited:
Top Bottom