• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Wow mods!

Congrats @ Moydow Moydow and @Yaaay !

tbh I wouldn't have noticed if people didn't point it out lol, no one looks at names

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Mewtwo? Possibly

Swordfighter? Nope

IMO, of course. Gonna hit training mode with Meowninja and Flaco

WAIT, I'm gonna play Amnesia first.
I guess it's just that I'm thinking more of recovery. Since Swordfighter's recovery is kinda bad.
But at least it ain't Little Mac's recovery. His is pretty awful.

Have fun getting scared. :3

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
I'm probably the pessimist here when it comes to the Ike hype. I mean, he's pretty much better overall but he still has the same weaknesses. Like, it's easier to space with him. As in, much easier. The only buff I could see that actually sort of help alleviate (a bit) Ike's flaws is the quicker start up to Ike's quickdraw/side B customs.

Then again, I always thought Ike was good, so yeah. Not a bad character

Idk about Falco. I tried him once except that was 8 player Smash. Maybe he's not as bad as I think. I might not use Shulk and go Falco/Greninja. I don't know why but I have this urge to use Greninja all of a sudden
Thing about Falco is that IMO his biggest issue was that he had to put in a lot of effort but he had like, no high dmg strings/combos (relatively speaking). Now he actually does (Nair properly linking, much faster Uair, faster Fair), even with the dmg nerfs on these moves he can string them together so much more reliably. He feels like a totally different character. Nair comboing properly ALONE gave him like, a plethora of added options, Uair having no sourspot (meaning Uair into Bair vs. grounded people = always possible) and also coming out fast now (Frame 7 vs. 11, seems minor but big difference in gameplay)....I mean he's still low tier but I think as far as improvements go, he got a lot of great adjustments that at the very least make him more rewarding to play.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
I feel sad when everyone else is like "out of school now yay"

and I still have a week left ;-;

This was me playing Amnesia on my first seconds

Thing about Falco is that IMO his biggest issue was that he had to put in a lot of effort but he had like, no high dmg strings/combos (relatively speaking). Now he actually does (Nair properly linking, much faster Uair, faster Fair), even with the dmg nerfs on these moves he can string them together so much more reliably. He feels like a totally different character. Nair comboing properly ALONE gave him like, a plethora of added options, Uair having no sourspot (meaning Uair into Bair vs. grounded people = always possible) and also coming out fast now (Frame 7 vs. 11, seems minor but big difference in gameplay)....I mean he's still low tier but I think as far as improvements go, he got a lot of great adjustments that at the very least make him more rewarding to play.
I'll try him in a second. I think he and Zard probably improved the most

I tried Zard in doubles. Really feeling the d-throw and u-throw buffs but he's still not-so-good. Definitely better, at least.

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
I'll try him in a second. I think he and Zard probably improved the most

I tried Zard in doubles. Really feeling the d-throw and u-throw buffs but he's still not-so-good. Definitely better, at least.
Zard U-Throw is like, the king of stupid with Rage and stages like Battlefield/Miiverse (Smashville and Town and City KIND OF, but that takes timing.)

You know where his U-Throw is going to be REALLY situationally dumb? Delfino. Calling it, U-Throw early Delfino kills are going to exist and people are going to laugh for the ages.

Zard U-Throw is like, the king of stupid with Rage and stages like Battlefield/Miiverse (Smashville and Town and City KIND OF, but that takes timing.)

You know where his U-Throw is going to be REALLY situationally dumb? Delfino. Calling it, U-Throw early Delfino kills are going to exist and people are going to laugh for the ages.
I got a lot of early rage KO's with the top platform of BF. Hail that Zard u-throw

Also, Delfino is hilarious af. Idk why I tried using ZSS in doubles for that stage (my ZSS is awful). Should've went Sheik (f-air-iss wheel) or Zard (u-throw all day), even.

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
Also yo real talk Ryu vs. Shulk is one of the most depressing MUs I can think of on paper.

IIRC all of his best spacing tools are one hit moves....and they're laggy.....FADC is so goofy. Monado cancelling can only save you so long from the stupidity that is FOCUS

(Unless his wide swing moves like Nair and stuff will hit Ryu more than once if he FADCs/tries to Focus them, I'm not sure? I don't think so though.)

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Also yo real talk Ryu vs. Shulk is one of the most depressing MUs I can think of on paper.

IIRC all of his best spacing tools are one hit moves....and they're laggy.....FADC is so goofy. Monado cancelling can only save you so long from the stupidity that is FOCUS

(Unless his wide swing moves like Nair and stuff will hit Ryu more than once if he FADCs/tries to Focus them, I'm not sure? I don't think so though.)
Best take notes then. Since I don't want to be feelin' that uppercut of his by the end of it. :3
Also got to be careful around Ryu with Counters. Since he can easily beat them out by going into a Shoryuken.

Last edited:

I actually thought of that. I haven't even played the MU yet. Don't think the MU is anywhere near bad (even) but if it's anyone's favor, it's probably Ryu's slight advantage (so -1/+0 for Shulk). Retreating aerials was something that I had in mind instead of just going in. Even if you FADC into shield (can you do that?), it's probably still safe to use Shulk's aerials that way. Keeping away while using MALLC (and the invincibility that comes with it) is the way to go. B-air or f-air while retreating may be the best option against Ryu. N-air, idk. Maybe it works.

At least, that's what I think. I still need experience with this match up. I haven't heard much complaints from the Shulk boarders about Ryu, except about counter being useless in the match up.

Edit: I also thought of something with buster+shield. I may prefer using that against Ryu. Maybe use shield once he actually goes up close.

Also, I called FADC being stupid for Shulk. Definitely sounds bad on paper but I think there's more to the match up than we think

imo ofc

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
I actually thought of that. I haven't even played the MU yet. Don't think the MU is anywhere near bad (even) but if it's anyone's favor, it's probably Ryu's slight advantage (so -1/+0 for Shulk). Retreating aerials was something that I had in mind instead of just going in. Even if you FADC into shield (can you do that?), it's probably still safe to use Shulk's aerials that way. Keeping away while using MALLC (and the invincibility that comes with it) is the way to go. B-air or f-air while retreating may be the best option against Ryu. N-air, idk. Maybe it works.

At least, that's what I think. I still need experience with this match up. I haven't heard much complaints from the Shulk boarders about Ryu, except about counter being useless in the match up.
Also keep in mind Ryu can FADC in the air and airdash forward (it actually goes even further than his grounded dash) so retreating aerials is going to heavily depend on what Monado Art you have selected.

Yeah Ryu is goofy. I also recommend avoiding Smash Monado vs. him for very obvious reasons unless you're holding a super % lead cause....yeah.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
So I'm starting to make some custom thumbnails for my Youtube videos, and I never realized that Gerudo Valley on the 3DS is so damn pretty.

I'm kinda stuck on which of these pictures I should use for my 3DS Zelda compilation video thumbnail, help me decide gorls. ; w ;
(1)

(2)

(3)

Also keep in mind Ryu can FADC in the air and airdash forward (it actually goes even further than his grounded dash) so retreating aerials is going to heavily depend on what Monado Art you have selected.

Yeah Ryu is goofy. I also recommend avoiding Smash Monado vs. him for very obvious reasons unless you're holding a super % lead cause....yeah.
Definitely took note of that, but I wanna get my hands on the match up before being confident about what I say about it because as it stands, I'm not 100% sure about anything I'm saying

There are a lot of people trying Ryu out in my scene. I was hoping someone who actually grinded with Ryu tried him out against me but nope, they used their main on me.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
So I'm starting to make some custom thumbnails for my Youtube videos, and I never realized that Gerudo Valley on the 3DS is so damn pretty.

I'm kinda stuck on which of these pictures I should use for my 3DS Zelda compilation video thumbnail, help me decide gorls. ; w ;
(1)

(2)

(3)

Going to sleep though. If ever I bump into a Ryu, I'll use Shulk and have my first impressions on it. For now, Greninja and Falco need my love

G'night gurls

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542

Charizard is almost as bad as Lucario when it comes to exploiting game mechanics. The difference is Lucario could he fixed by making aura less powerful and speeding up his attacks but Charizard is kind of fundamentally flawed with his design.

A throw that can move you up platforms should not kill at the base level at 130% much less on a character with huge grab range and a fast dash.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070

(1)

(2)

(3)
I'd go for 1 as well.

Will it be named "These boots made for walking?" or "The Sassiest Queen?"

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
So another one has joined the Red Menace?

All I can say is...

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger

(3)
I actually think 3 is the prettiest. The way her foot special effects go through CF in 1 and 2 looks weird to me.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I'd go for 1 as well.

Will it be named "These boots made for walking?" or "The Sassiest Queen?"
The video is long out (made it like 6 months ago) and it's called "Piercing Ankles", hence why I want a Zelda Dair pic for the video thumbnail. Will probably do something similar for my Wii U Zelda compilation video too.

Two votes for 1, one vote for 3 so far. Anyone else?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer

(1)

(2)

(3)
The third one

So, I'm currently reading through the various raids you Zelda gurls did and I am literally crying with laughter!
My favourite so far is definitely the Mopcina raid.
You guys are so sassy, I love it!

When's the next raid?

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029

samus sucks
This gif is amazing. Samus may be bottom tier, but her pummel is like S Tier. Animation included.

(1)

(2)

(3)
Definitely #3.

So, I'm currently reading through the various raids you Zelda gurls did and I am literally crying with laughter!
My favourite so far is definitely the Mopcina raid.
You guys are so sassy, I love it!

When's the next raid?
Well, I was going to raid the Welcome Center today in honor @ Moydow Moydow 's new title, but I was stopped in my tracks. :^(

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Someone play me.
According to your tier list my character is worse than yours by a lot so I should lose ~
I could play in maybe like...30 mins? Company's over, ugh. I could use some Palutena MU experience (badly) plus I've wanted to play you for a while now.

Are you still using default Palutena?

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646

You're forgetting the tree on Duck Hunt~

Fighting Ryu is when we get stupid and use dsmash and fsmash to space :^) multihits for days

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
That was mostly pointed towards Loki, since he likes messing around with mechanics #SDI.
Fundamentals are the way to go.
see avatar for reaction face.
Don't watch any of my replays, okay? :^)

Kind of joking, I have a sense of spacing with Rosalina but she's pretty much the only character in that regard for me. I never really got a good feel for where I wanted to be in relation to the opponent with other characters, but it's probably because I didn't put the same amount of time into them/simply don't mesh with their character as well.

Microspacing jabs was my whole purpose in learning to PP, at any rate, so.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
@ Nammy12 Nammy12

Could I ask you to make a snapshot of the same timing/angle/picture size as this picture,

but of the black Zelda palette? I really liked this one for something, but thematically it doesn't mesh as well as the black palette would.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I'm feeling a bit salty from that now from losing to Ganon and Mac. :c

And that lag during one of the matches was just awful. Couldn't jump at all.

^ How I felt after enduring lag and losing to Mac.

^ How I feel right now.

Top Bottom