• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
The community tier list is a hot mess.

Besides here and the Smash 4 Social, other places I visit are:
  • :4robinm: Social
  • Space Elsa Social
  • :4luigi:&:4falcon: Boards
  • Lurk the Pool Room
  • My Disney thread
  • Occasionally visit the Project M Social
Your avatar is Geoff from Roosterteeth.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
So I went to the Wii U general board to see how bad it was since I haven't visited it in a long time and omg it's worse than I remember.

The community tier list thing is still going on and looking at it is murdering my brain cells. Multiple people were saying that Diddy is only high tier and that's going to be the highest he'll get (and that he'll likely be mid). That's when I looked at the tier list on the OP.
1::4luigi::4pikachu::rosalina::4feroy::4ryu::4sheik:

2::4falco::4myfriends::4lucas::4ness::4jigglypuff::4fox::4link::4mario::4metaknight::4rob::4villager::4yoshi::4zelda::4zss::4miisword:

3: :4bowser::4bowserjr::4falcon::4charizard::4darkpit::4dedede::4dk::4drmario::4duckhunt::4ganondorf::4gaw::4greninja::4kirby::4littlemac::4lucario::4lucina::4marth::4megaman::4mewtwo::4miibrawl::4miigun::4olimar::4palutena::4pacman::4peach::4pit::4robinf::4samus::4shulk::4sonic::4tlink::4wario::4wiifit:

4::4diddy:
There are so many things wrong with it that I can't comment on them all, but I will say that seeing this ruined my night. The Smash fanbase is literally the definition of "Hive Mind".
i threw up at swordfighter's tier placement

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Patch 1.5.0 predicted tier list

Ike tier: :4myfriends:
after countless buffing (Ike is now so muscular that his face is obscured) Ike has become the best character in the game. He still never places in Japanese tournaments so fans anticipate yet more buffs.

S Tier: :4ryu::4littlemac:
Ryu players can now combo anything into a KO somehow. Sakurai won't nerf because he wants that DLC money. Little Mac's aerials have been buffed so that they are the exact same as his ground moves. He can now also float like Peach.

They still wins locals tier: :4palutena::4villager:
locals are the only place customs are allowed now.

Irrelevant but usable: Everyone else

Samus tier: :4samus:
Sakurai was recently caught asking "who?" when asked about Samus' terribleness.

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Speaking of tier lists I've updated mine, sorta.

This is in defaults ofc and this time I made an attempt to order things properly though I got a bit lazy on the last tier

Take the position of the 3 DLC characters with a grain of salt really, I'm not really sure where I'd place them but what I've seen of good Ryu play certainly managed to impress me.

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Patch 1.5.0 predicted tier list
S Tier::4littlemac:He can now also float like Peach.
I almost spit out my Coke.

Samus tier: :4samus:
Sakurai was recently caught asking "who?" when asked about Samus' terribleness.
I liked it after the Mac thing and then I almost unliked it when I read this and tried to like the post again.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
If Roy is B+, then Marth is too. There definitely isn't an entire tier and a half between them; they're too similar. Plus Marth got a few buffs in the last patch, that should bring him up to at least solid mid-tier. People are still sleeping on him, in my opinion.

Other than that, I'd have Robin and maybe Wii Fit Trainer a few spots higher.

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
If Roy is B+, then Marth is too. There definitely isn't an entire tier and a half between them; they're too similar. Plus Marth got a few buffs in the last patch, that should bring him up to at least solid mid-tier. People are still sleeping on him, in my opinion.

What buffs did Marth get?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
What buffs did Marth get?
Jab 1 launch angle got changed, so you can now follow up with stuff like tipper f-smash at kill %. Doesn't quite true-combo, but is rather hard to avoid at high %. Can't jab lock any more, but worth the sacrifice in my opinion.
N-air has 3 frames less landing lag
U-tilt and Dolphin Slash kill some 20% earlier, and u-tilt IASA is three frames earlier.
Lucina got all the same changes, plus an extra 1% damage on her f-tilt or something.

Last edited:
Roy is overrated imo. Yoshi's sort of not top 10. Definitely somewhere around 11-15.

Mii Brawler without customs is hilariously awful

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Roy is overrated imo. Yoshi's sort of not top 10. Definitely somewhere around 11-15.

Mii Brawler without customs is hilariously awful
like i think Zelda is better than APEX Brawler
He's THAT bad

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
>>Roy better than Megaman, Villager, Shulk and Olimar
>>Yoshi not being top 10
>>Mi Brawler being bottom tier
>>Dedede worst than Zelda.

Someone needs to caption this, otherwise that gif is fantastic.

Your opinions are terrible though tbh.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
>>Roy better than Megaman, Villager, Shulk and Olimar
>>Mi Brawler being bottom tier

This is in defaults ofc

Take the position of the 3 DLC characters with a grain of salt really
, I'm not really sure where I'd place them but what I've seen of good Ryu play certainly managed to impress me.
People these days just don't know how to read.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Last time I went to Wendy's I forgot to get a Baconator and my life took a dark turn for the worse at that moment.

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Last time I went to Wendy's I forgot to get a Baconator and my life took a dark turn for the worse at that moment.
If Wendy's had better fries I would eat there every day and use my weekends for diabetic comas.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon

Tbh I had Marth and Lucina in B but put him in B- because it was too cluttered there. I haven't seen much about their buffs so I'm not too sure about them yet.

And like I said the DLC characters are just kinda there for now, it's just my first impression.

I dunno how to feel about Robin lately really, i feel like he has some really, really exploitable flaws and the fact that he struggles against pretty much every fast character is kinda bad. I could probably place him above Bowser tho.

WFT is one of the ones I got lazy with

I developed an unhealthy addiction for fries ever since I came from that cruise in my vacation
What you can do is get @ berserker00 berserker00 to smack you or something when you take a bite out of one.

It works. Trust me I got my friend to smack me every time I cursed and she pretty much curbed my chronic cursing. I haven't uttered a single swear since

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
What you can do is get @ berserker00 berserker00 to smack you or something when you take a bite out of one.

It works. Trust me I got my friend to smack me every time I cursed and she pretty much curbed my chronic cursing. I haven't uttered a single swear since
That's the greatest friend ever.

Never let me meet her.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
also re: tier lists, I haven't revised mine yet since the patch hit

I think I'm drunk enough that making a new one almost sounds like a good idea

berserker00

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Berserker10
3DS FC
1220-7875-3865
Switch FC
6493 3764 6404
I remember joking around with my uncle,who was visiting from out of town, to treat me to Wendy's and he took it seriously and came back at home suddenly with a Baconator for me

Lavani

Indigo Destiny

Customs off and for the first time I'm conforming to the "Miis get stuck with 1111 in customs off" mindset that I think is absolute trash but whatevs

Not sure where I really think Rosalina belongs now, Diddy being nerfed again helps her out a ton but she still loses to or goes even with everyone above her + Falcon/probably Ryu/supposedly Wario? (EDIT: Also rapid jab killing like 20% later is going to hurt a lot) Other than that idk, don't think there's anything too out of the ordinary in here.

Miis are kind of just shoved in.

McDonald's french fries are the best fries, and BK's Chicken Fries are life.
do you even have taste buds

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
night all
@ Moydow Moydow
fire-emblem_o_1183490.jpg

Speaking of tier lists I've updated mine, sorta.

This is in defaults ofc and this time I made an attempt to order things properly though I got a bit lazy on the last tier

Take the position of the 3 DLC characters with a grain of salt really, I'm not really sure where I'd place them but what I've seen of good Ryu play certainly managed to impress me.
oh boy, another tier list, how exciting

also there is hardly a point in making a tier list if nintendo keeps changing the cast every 3 months
at this point you should really see it as good, ok or ugly. there really is no need to try and place characters for how viable they are in so little time with a cast of 50+. No one simply has the character knowledge at this point and no one will for a long time

Tiers are more meant to be set in stone after a long long set of research is done. Brawl tier lists are some of the messiest garbage I've ever seen. Olimar apparently was top tier material despite being in the position on the list forever. If you truely are interested in making a list you need to get learning about every single match up, and not just how strong their options are

TLDR: STOP ****ING MAKING THESE :mad:, I don't mind talking how good/bad a character is, just stop trying to list everything
I think a part of me dies every time I use N-Air offstage.

Especially because it's been happening while I just want to use B-Air.
just use the c stick

Top Bottom