• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
For anyone who doesn't know yet, the compilation video is posted on the first page of this thread so now everyone has easy access to it.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
As one of the few people who actually likes Bowser Jr, (Second favorite to Rosalina), this makes me happy.

:4bowserjr:

Soul.

lol, people complaining about HSB having that smash charge thing.
Think it's pretty clear that default should be the way to go so that people can stop complaining about customs

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Recording replays... phone ran out of memory. Only 9 recorded ughh

I have like 20 left, then I gotta do 3DS (that's ok though because I can choose when to update)

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Seriously, I was playing against JigglyZelda and he could just Dair spike my aether recoveries with Zelda. The only person who can't edgeguard Ike is Ike.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Seriously, I was playing against JigglyZelda and he could just Dair spike my aether recoveries with Zelda. The only person who can't edgeguard Ike is Ike.
Isn't it risky to do that since Aether might spike you? Is it safe to hit him from behind or on top of his head?

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Isn't it risky to do that since Aether might spike you? Is it safe to hit him from behind or on top of his head?
I'm not exactly sure where it's safe. I just know it never covers as much as I think it should and the super armor isn't very reliable. He could have been hitting at the ledge snap too. @JigglyZelda003

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Aether is armored on the way up but not at the apex or descent, and of course Ike throws the sword up in front of him so he's mainly protected from the front

...just don't forget that he can move backwards to spike you if you're off with your edgeguard, it's a terrible way to lose.

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
I would love to get into Street Fighter...

But I don't have a PS3/4 ;_;

Or a XBox ;_;

Or Windows ;_;

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Aether is armored on the way up but not at the apex or descent, and of course Ike throws the sword up in front of him so he's mainly protected from the front

...just don't forget that he can move backwards to spike you if you're off with your edgeguard, it's a terrible way to lose.
Lol, I've tried moving back to spike and just completely missing the edge while doing it. So it can be just as risky for Ike.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Din's is also very good against Ike's UpB but I think Phantom might be more reliable to take him out.

I also would like to express a sort of an apology to all the gorls here. The reason why our compilation video was posted on Shoryuken was because... well, I tipped them to the video. How else would they get something like it? Honestly after finishing the video I was very excited about our final product, and wanted everyone in the whole world to see it. And since I have quite a good reputation with Shoryuken's staff members (as they frequently link to my Tatsunoko vs Capcom and other Smash vids), I had a good feeling that our video was going to be published on their site for everyone to see. I was so ambitious and thought our video could inspire people, have parts of the community come together to make something of their own, and make the community grow. However, I really didn't expect that much of criticism from viewers, mainly because they were deceived that this was a video that actually demonstrates high level play and actual good footage, not a bunch of small clips bunched together to showcase the game's fun side.

I really wanted to make you gorls a bit more known to other people, and perhaps make this place even more (in)famous as it is. But my rash actions allowed you all to be ridiculed. I know you gorls are probably not exactly hurt by the hate comments (because really, it's the Internet), but I just have a sense of guilt for having to bring everyone into this. I'm probably the kind of guy that seems like if I've done something wrong, I would just laugh it off and move on, but deep down I'm pretty hurt by what I have caused, especially considering all the hard work everyone has put into the project. Really intended to bring good, but I brought in harm instead.

You gorls probably weren't expecting an apology or anything of the sort anyway, but I really just wanted to get all of that out of my system. I'm probably making a huge deal out of something really small, but In all, I'm just a bit disappointed in myself for what I've done. So let me say sorry to everyone who was involved, even though it might not even be needed.

I'm definitely looking forward to the next compilation whenever we decide to make it. I've learned my mistakes and I hope I don't do something like this again. After that incident, my videos may not be posted on Shoryuken ever again, but that's the last I'll have to worry about considering that I still have you guys. Sorry for sounding super sappy and dramatic and all that BS. :drsad:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
anyone wanna play?
Nooooooope. :3

Also, decided to see the pilot of Shirobako, it looks pretty damn awesome so far. Can't wait to see the feels drop in. :yeahboi:
And just played some more Splatoon, I swear there are times when a connection becomes unstable, and it did when we were about to win. Someone on the other team definitely ragedquit. :c

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Nooooooope. :3

Also, decided to see the pilot of Shirobako, it looks pretty damn awesome so far. Can't wait to see the feels drop in. :yeahboi:
And just played some more Splatoon, I swear there are times when a connection becomes unstable, and it did when we were about to win. Someone on the other team definitely ragedquit. :c
but my sheik is ready

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I honestly thought Fullmoon posted this, its something he'd say. Parrying is Godlike.

Actually I find parrying to be a pretty cool mechanic, if not one that raises the skill floor a lot.

Really my only problem with SF is the control scheme. Otherwise I would totally try to play it competitively.

Yep. The same guy.
Wow. My dad would like that. He always played as Charlie in Alpha 2 back when I was a kid.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Sorry for sounding super sappy and dramatic and all that BS. :drsad:
Tl;Dr :secretkpop:

Edit: but in reality, it was a really nice thought. I don't think you were overly ambitious (front page smashboards. Seriously, why isn't it there?) And I think it turned out really well. In all, it was a lot of fun.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I honestly thought Fullmoon posted this, its something he'd say. Parrying is Godlike.

*cosplays as Greninja*
oh hey look evo moment :D

the real reason i dislike parryig is that once you master the motion, theres no reason never to have a parry ready. when you parry your opponent becomes your wench to do what ever you want with them.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Sorry for sounding super sappy and dramatic and all that BS. :drsad:
It's cool, everyone makes mistakes. It's in the past now. :3

*cosplays as Greninja*
oh hey look evo moment :D

the real reason i dislike parryig is that once you master the motion, theres no reason never to have a parry ready. when you parry your opponent becomes your wench to do what ever you want with them.
I wonder if Sm4sh will have any hype moments at EVO. Whether they be during Robin Rounds, Pools or on Stream.

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Nope. I don't want to face a character I absolutely hate. :3
I'd say why, but I feel like I've already said my fill in the last 19 posts I did about Sheik. :yeahboi:
I now read your name as Employee of Da Month every time I see it...

Thanks for letting me know that is what it stands for, "Eeyodim" just doesn't flow as well.

Soul.

omg guys
the official character discussion thread is hilarious L M A O
#speculationisindeedcancer

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Din's is also very good against Ike's UpB but I think Phantom might be more reliable to take him out.

I also would like to express a sort of an apology to all the gorls here. The reason why our compilation video was posted on Shoryuken was because... well, I tipped them to the video. How else would they get something like it? Honestly after finishing the video I was very excited about our final product, and wanted everyone in the whole world to see it. And since I have quite a good reputation with Shoryuken's staff members (as they frequently link to my Tatsunoko vs Capcom and other Smash vids), I had a good feeling that our video was going to be published on their site for everyone to see. I was so ambitious and thought our video could inspire people, have parts of the community come together to make something of their own, and make the community grow. However, I really didn't expect that much of criticism from viewers, mainly because they were deceived that this was a video that actually demonstrates high level play and actual good footage, not a bunch of small clips bunched together to showcase the game's fun side.

I really wanted to make you gorls a bit more known to other people, and perhaps make this place even more (in)famous as it is. But my rash actions allowed you all to be ridiculed. I know you gorls are probably not exactly hurt by the hate comments (because really, it's the Internet), but I just have a sense of guilt for having to bring everyone into this. I'm probably the kind of guy that seems like if I've done something wrong, I would just laugh it off and move on, but deep down I'm pretty hurt by what I have caused, especially considering all the hard work everyone has put into the project. Really intended to bring good, but I brought in harm instead.

You gorls probably weren't expecting an apology or anything of the sort anyway, but I really just wanted to get all of that out of my system. I'm probably making a huge deal out of something really small, but In all, I'm just a bit disappointed in myself for what I've done. So let me say sorry to everyone who was involved, even though it might not even be needed.

I'm definitely looking forward to the next compilation whenever we decide to make it. I've learned my mistakes and I hope I don't do something like this again. After that incident, my videos may not be posted on Shoryuken ever again, but that's the last I'll have to worry about considering that I still have you guys. Sorry for sounding super sappy and dramatic and all that BS. :drsad:
I'm just gonna say, that article in Shoryuken really tried it's best to make the video look like something that it really isn't, so you're not the only one to blame here.

That said, trying to get the video in there was not the best idea since I'm pretty sure the people frequenting Shoryuken are there more for the hype-inducing tournament play coming from pros and probably don't care about casual for fun plays like the ones that were in the compilation. There's nothing wrong with spreading the video around, but you need to be more aware about your audience.

I'm a member of TV Tropes and I'm considered a pro there (goes to show more about the overall skill level there than mine when I'm the best player there) but most of them don't care much about competitive stuff so I linked the video to them and the reactions in general were very positive (one in particular loved @Kofu and his shield break to Judge 9).

So just be more mindful of where you post stuff like that next time. The compilation was entertaining and fun to take part in and that's all that matters in the end.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I now read your name as Employee of Da Month every time I see it...

Thanks for letting me know that is what it stands for, "Eeyodim" just doesn't flow as well.
Glad to hear it. You get a hug too. Or you could just read it as just "E.O.D.M." :yeahboi:

omg guys
the official character discussion thread is hilarious L M A O
#speculationisindeedcancer
Here you go:

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
I'm just gonna say, that article in Shoryuken really tried it's best to make the video look like something that it really isn't, so you're not the only one to blame here.

That said, trying to get the video in there was not the best idea since I'm pretty sure the people frequenting Shoryuken are there more for the hype-inducing tournament play coming from pros and probably don't care about casual for fun plays like the ones that were in the compilation. There's nothing wrong with spreading the video around, but you need to be more aware about your audience.

I'm a member of TV Tropes and I'm considered a pro there (goes to show more about the overall skill level there than mine when I'm the best player there) but most of them don't care much about competitive stuff so I linked the video to them and the reactions in general were very positive (one in particular loved @Kofu and his shield break to Judge 9).

So just be more mindful of where you post stuff like that next time. The compilation was entertaining and fun to take part in and that's all that matters in the end.
Wait, TVTropes has a Smash community???

the more you know

Top Bottom