• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
He does leave his tongue very exposed, must get pretty dry in hot days lol.

Me being a fanboy with too much time in his hands I could probably make a whole biological analysis about how I think Greninja (and some other mons) works.
Actually I kind of want to hear this.

OMG. Guys, I'm a mod on Squidboards. :)
Dude, nice. Grats.

I really need to post there more often. Ranked threw my mojo way out of whack and Squidboards may be my only hope.

2. Repeat
I like to think it's blank because he got bodied before he could finish the guide.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
OMG. Guys, I'm a mod on Squidboards. :)
I'm actually slightly upset. I would've at least liked an explanation as to why I wasn't picked. I thought everyone was going to get an email saying whether they got in or not...I was doing so much for the forums. I was making all those weapon threads, I made the map threads. I made sure that the threads were as great as they could be...*Sigh*

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I'm actually slightly upset. I would've at least liked an explanation as to why I wasn't picked. I thought everyone was going to get an email saying whether they got in or not...I was doing so much for the forums. I was making all those weapon threads, I made the map threads. I made sure that the threads were as great as they could be...*Sigh*
have a squid kid hug

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
I'm sure there was a reason. I'm not sure what it is but you should ask one of the Admins there.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
went to squidboards and I made no messages despite making messages
lol

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
my friend said that he's not sure that villager is the best character for me and that olimar is \
May the gods have mercy on my @ Soul. Soul.
ib4 he says hi

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I think Olimar is a pretty cool character and I respect Oli mains

but I don't think I'd ever encourage someone to play him because I hate fighting him.

does your friend by any chance play a character like sheik that dumps on oli?

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I think Olimar is a pretty cool character and I respect Oli mains

but I don't think I'd ever encourage someone to play him because I hate fighting him.

does your friend by any chance play a character like sheik that dumps on oli?
he mains sheik :p
maybe that's why he's telling me to main olimalph

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Oh, I was too sad to notice we were talking about my secondary, Olimar...

Yeah, Olimar is cool.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Breeding in Gen 6 is less cancerous because of the new mechanics, but they are still a 50/50. RNG is still a dumb factor to get perfect Pokémon, ugh—I seriously hope Gen 7 makes it a lot more easier. Making them visible would be a good step.
I'm a big fat hypocrite when it comes to in-game competitive play. I wholly support it and go out of my way to get breeding equipment (sounds like sex toys smh) but then never do anything because I'm a lazy fart who instead plays on emulators while fully aware of their failings. I do sometimes take time to catch quality legendaries though. I should do an little more, tbh, now that TMs aren't one time use and it's far easier to control inheritance. I love the depth in the Pokémon games but it gets incredibly tedious when you have to manage your IVs/Nature/Ability especially when Hidden Power is involved. I still think Pokémon needs a reset similar to the Gen 2/Gen 3 transition to fine-tune a few mechanics especially now that the Fairy Type is a thing.

Here is my guide to playing Olimar

1. Throw the tiny plant men
Adding to this and risking making it unfunny:

2. Tell the tiny plant men to grab your opponent.
3. Tell the tiny plant men to body blow the opponent.
4. Grab the tiny plant men and whack your opponent with them.
5. Spin around.
6. If you get sent offstage, throw the tiny plant men who do all your work into the void so you can live.
7. Pick more tiny plant men.

Bonus: Remember that you come from a business and you learned your management skills from your boss.

purple pickmin toss is too good
Makes me dread the thought of fighting Olimar with Tackle Pikmin Throw tbh.

It should count as a stock whenever a Pikmin dies IMO.

@Nammy12 did you get all four of my replays? I'm going out of town on Thursday and want to make sure you have the before then.

Soul.

I thought the Sheik vs. Olimar MU was awful for the latter, and that some think Oli is not viable.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I can send you a PM about it if you want because I don't want to flood the thread with what's pretty much a giant headcanon lol.
Dude. You're a Greninja. Flooding is literally what you do. Do it.

Go ahead with the PM if you can't, I still want to know, that's just my two.

I like to post and then get bodied by scrubs that leave like cowards.
...well. Not a hundred percent sure where you went with that one, actually.

You having a salty FG run or something?

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Hah. I've gone through that.

And I only lost half of my sanity.
How did the MU go? Heck, how does it generally go for Greninja? Customs aren't amazing for Olimar but some seem like good choices (like the aforementioned TPT). Dizzy Whistle seemed neat as well.

For what it's worth, I think both Game & Watch and Villager do decently against him.

Soul.

I'm a big fat hypocrite when it comes to in-game competitive play. I wholly support it and go out of my way to get breeding equipment (sounds like sex toys smh) but then never do anything because I'm a lazy fart who instead plays on emulators while fully aware of their failings. I do sometimes take time to catch quality legendaries though. I should do an little more, tbh, now that TMs aren't one time use and it's far easier to control inheritance. I love the depth in the Pokémon games but it gets incredibly tedious when you have to manage your IVs/Nature/Ability especially when Hidden Power is involved. I still think Pokémon needs a reset similar to the Gen 2/Gen 3 transition to fine-tune a few mechanics especially now that the Fairy Type is a thing.
Hidden Power breeding is cancer; really hoping they make that easier. I was literally wasting my time getting HP Ice and Ground for Jolteon and Glaceon, respectively. **** sucks.
...well. Not a hundred percent sure where you went with that one, actually.

You having a salty FG run or something?
Nah man, I only mentioned that for the sake of FG players.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
How did the MU go? Heck, how does it generally go for Greninja? Customs aren't amazing for Olimar but some seem like good choices (like the aforementioned TPT). Dizzy Whistle seemed neat as well.

For what it's worth, I think both Game & Watch and Villager do decently against him.
The Olimar MU normally isn't too bad for Greninja as long as he can keep Olimar in the air. Olimar just has too much control in the ground for Greninja to be able to handle him and Pikmin make uncharged Water Shuriken basically useless. Greninja can juggle Olimar pretty well for the most part unless they super-armor through something, but even that might still be punishable.

N-Air also lets Greninja take out any Pikmin grabbing onto him aside from blues, which should be dispatched with F-Smash instead at a safe distance. Olimar's recovery can also be screwed up by Hydro Pump pretty nicely, he can still act out of it, but he's going to be put in a pretty bad position for it and Greninja has plenty of disjoints to intercept Olimar when he's in the air without fearing his N-Air too much.

Tackle Pikmin Throw is a real test of patience though. Being bombarded by Pikmin makes approaching Olimar even harder and in general is just super frustrating to get through. Even though I had no experience with custom Olimar I still did pretty well for the most part until I basically gave up and stopped trying out of pure frustration.

I've played a good amount of Olimars, it's definitely not an easy MU for us, but it doesn't feel bad either as long as you can keep your cool and not panic with the constant Pikmin barrage.

Rizen

Smash Legend
GGs! :bluejump:

Saved that match where we spiked each other. I laughed a TON at that, haha. I didn't even know that could happen.
lol double spike. My Ganon did that to a Snake in Brawl once. The other weird thing was when my Link Daired strait down through the SV floating platform. I have no idea how that happened.

Can you go Lucario sometime? I need to learn that MU.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
lol double spike. My Ganon did that to a Snake in Brawl once. The other weird thing was when my Link Daired strait down through the SV floating platform. I have no idea how that happened.
Oh yeah, I remember that. I assumed you tried to platform drop, but the game made you fast fall instead. But I guess you didn't? It probably didn't help that Link's fast fall speed is super fast either, lol.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Ask @ Fernosaur Fernosaur he's from somewhere that's not America.
@Koiba

We technically should still say Ike the same way it's pronounced in English because that's his name, but if you pronounce it phonetically, yeah, it's said Ee-Keh.

The Spaniard dub of the game says it like that and it's 100% horrible and bad.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Can you go Lucario sometime? I need to learn that MU.
Ahhh sorry, didn't notice this edit until now.

I can go Lucario more next time if you want. I just went him since Zelda dittos are horrifying, and my other secondaries are hated (Lucario is too, just...not as much). I'm not sure you'll learn much though. My Lucario isn't that good anymore. Brawl Lucario <3
EDIT: I had an epiphany just now: Hmm....maybe my secondaries are worse than my Zelda because I don't ever use them against competent people.

Wooooooow I'm an idiot.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Oh yeah, I remember that. I assumed you tried to platform drop, but the game made you fast fall instead. But I guess you didn't? It probably didn't help that Link's fast fall speed is super fast either, lol.
And Dair lasts over 65 frames :/ BTW do you like that I SD when you accidentally SD and vise versa? I try to be fair in wifi and not let lag determine the game. I guess some people would rather accept lag SDs and continue. Some characters' disadvantaged states are terrible so SDs do change more than 1 stock in a game.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Hidden Power breeding is cancer; really hoping they make that easier. I was literally wasting my time getting HP Ice and Ground for Jolteon and Glaceon, respectively. **** sucks.
Hidden Power is a cool idea but a terrible one competitively when your Pokémon is starved for coverage options and the only choice is through a largely RNG-based process. Equalizing the power was a start but it's not enough. I wonder if making it purely from SID would be better lol. At least then you could (hypothetically) have any IV combination but then it really is all up to luck.

I've played a good amount of Olimars, it's definitely not an easy MU for us, but it doesn't feel bad either as long as you can keep your cool and not panic with the constant Pikmin barrage.
This part is probably true for most characters unless you have a projectile that can easily keep the Pikmin at bay (or you're Megay Man and have your own personal Franklin Badge with customs @Locke 06). He's just a frustrating character in general IMO. Sometimes I like fighting zoners (Pac-Man for one, Villager sometimes) because it feels like a puzzle (#Layton) but others feel more like driving through busy traffic.

Random question, is your game copy in Portuguese or English?

Last edited:
Top Bottom