• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
And Dair lasts over 65 frames :/ BTW do you like that I SD when you accidentally SD and vise versa? I try to be fair in wifi and not let lag determine the game. I guess some people would rather accept lag SDs and continue. Some characters' disadvantaged states are terrible so SDs do change more than 1 stock in a game.
Those 65 frames can't be all that bad! There were several times you jumped offstage with a dair, and I jumped right into it thinking the hitbox was gone.

About the SDing....I don't have a problem with it, really. I'll do it if my opponent does, and won't if they don't. I do this so I don't accidentally "disrespect" them.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Those 65 frames can't be all that bad! There were several times you jumped offstage with a dair, and I jumped right into it thinking the hitbox was gone.

About the SDing....I don't have a problem with it, really. I'll do it if my opponent does, and won't if they don't. I do this so I don't accidentally "disrespect" them.
Dair attacks from frame 14-64. One of Link's 3 long lasting attack walls with Nair and Uair. It's great for covering Link but any mistake offstage means death. It's good for covering ledge drops, get ups and jumps but easy to see coming and roll through.
What sucks is even spin attack isn't a solid wall of attack, it follows the sword, so if I don't time it right ledge get ups powershield it. I might start throwing my boomerang and arrows rather than try to time ledge get up punishes. Bombs detonate the first frame then the explosion comes out frame 2 so ledge stand>buffered shield power shields them.

That's a good way to do it. I try not to abuse lag or disrespect people. Some people don't care.

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Looks like I missed a lot of debating.

Good.

It's probably best that you guys don't hear my opinions.

Soul.

Hidden Power is a cool idea but a terrible one competitively when your Pokémon is starved for coverage options and the only choice is through a largely RNG-based process. Equalizing the power was a start but it's not enough. I wonder if making it purely from SID would be better lol. At least then you could (hypothetically) have any IV combination but then it really is all up to luck.
If I'm to be honest, I liked Hidden Power more when its max base power was 70. Had it been 70 this gen, a lot of Pokémon would greatly benefit from it. The nerf wasn't needed, but eh, it's Game Freak; they love trolling us.
SID is pure luck, maybe making the Hidden Power type visible along with IVs would be better I guess; kinda like Super Training when you reset EVs.

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I got a question.

Why are we asking you questions?
1. Mind your own business.
2. Trieste Sp wanted to get to know me better and I asked him 5 questions and he's supposed to ask me questions but he hates me apparently even though he doesn't know me and this soup tastes really bad with all of these tears in it.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
2. Trieste Sp wanted to get to know me better and I asked him 5 questions and he's supposed to ask me questions but he hates me apparently even though he doesn't know me and this soup tastes really bad with all of these tears in it.
Wait.

Isn't salt supposed to add flavor?

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Oh, sorry....

1. Do you play any instruments?
2. What are your favourite bands?
3. What is your favourite colour?
4. What do you work as?
5. Can we be friends?
1. I do! I play guitar, piano, ukulele, bass, a very very small amount of trumpet, and a little percussion (like the bells mostly) and kazoo
2. I keep a list of my 5 favorite bands on my phone. Rodeo Ruby Love (they are about to play their last show :( ), Two Door Cinema Club, Jukebox the Ghost, the Elwins, and The Shins.
3. I really like Orange.
4. I am a maintenance worker at a GM factory. I basically just fix whatever.
5. We can! For 5 simple payments of $9.95!

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing today? :4zelda:

Just watching someone play VGC matches with some suggested teams. :V

And I'll be going out soon, getting some Wedding suits with my Dad and my half brother.

And I played a bit of FEA, although I'll most likely jump onto some other random game that I own. :yeahboi:

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Morning girls. How's everyone doing today? :4zelda:

Just watching someone play VGC matches with some suggested teams. :V

And I'll be going out soon, getting some Wedding suits with my Dad and my half brother.

And I played a bit of FEA, although I'll most likely jump onto some other random game that I own. :yeahboi:
Hey, I have to get a suit for a wedding soon! Who is getting married?

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Hey, I have to get a suit for a wedding soon! Who is getting married?
My half brother is. So I won't be online this Saturday, sorry girls. So no Yuri pic of the day on that day. ;_;

But I'll try and enjoy myself. Since I'm always on my PC or Console. :V *Brings my 3DS with me just in case*

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
My half brother is. So I won't be online this Saturday, sorry girls. So no Yuri pic of the day on that day. ;_;

But I'll try and enjoy myself. Since I'm always on my PC or Console. :V *Brings my 3DS with me just in case*
I can't imagine bringing a 3DS to a wedding. I think my infuriated screams and console chucking would be incredibly disruptive to the ceremony.*

*I don't actually do this. It was added for comedic effect.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Gorls, look at this top tier inkling.
Getting about ready to lightning kick a *****. :happysheep:

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Oh my god Angel got exposed by Nairo lmfao
Also, my best friend is gonna be away for a couple of days >_>
rip plans
:189:

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
English because Nintendo hates Brazil.
I don't really like this tbh
How does Nintendo hate Brazil?

If I'm to be honest, I liked Hidden Power more when its max base power was 70. Had it been 70 this gen, a lot of Pokémon would greatly benefit from it. The nerf wasn't needed, but eh, it's Game Freak; they love trolling us.
SID is pure luck, maybe making the Hidden Power type visible along with IVs would be better I guess; kinda like Super Training when you reset EVs.
The power nerf sucked but trying to get a good Type and Damage was terrible. At least 60 BP lets it be used by Special Technician Pokes (which is like, Roserade? lol).

Even with visible IVs the main issue of an unchangeable Type remains (well, that's the main issue to me). If you wanted to fix breeding for it you could have inherited IVs have a higher chance of being closer to the parents' ones (31 would make it more likely to get 27-31 or something) if it wasn't inherited outright.

Acknowledging EVs through Super Training was kind of cool. I just wish Reset Bags were easier to get.

I was crying into an empty bowl!

It was all tears!!
But tears are the saltiest thing ever!

@ Kofu Kofu I got your replays.
Okay, good. I'll let you know the times on each one that I think would be good for the combo video later today.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I don't really like this tbh
How does Nintendo hate Brazil?
Nintendo hates anything that isn't Japan or North America.

The "Nintendo hates Europe" joke has been running over here since the SNES days, if not earlier, with how we always get games so much later than the rest of the world. It's probably to do with how Europe and other regions are much smaller markets than Japan and NA, and how Nintendo systems have never sold well here - the Master System far outsold the NES, the Mega Drive far outsold the SNES, the PlayStation far outsold the N64, etc etc.

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542

The "Nintendo hates Europe" joke has been running over here since the SNES days, if not earlier, with how we always get games so much later than the rest of the world. It's probably to do with how Europe and other regions are much smaller markets than Japan and NA, and how Nintendo systems have never sold well here - the Master System far outsold the NES, the Mega Drive far outsold the SNES, the PlayStation far outsold the N64, etc etc.
For what it's worth you got Terranigma while we didn't and got Xenoblade long before we did.

But those are exceptions and not the rule.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767

Speaking of Nintendo hates Europe. I keep hearing how Splatoon's dialouge is incredibly butchered in pal regions. Especially the final boss's dialogue.

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Turns out ProTools is just one massive **** ;_;

Also this is two of the achievements for that game Hatred...

I kinda wanna play the game right now

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Speaking of Nintendo hates Europe. I keep hearing how Splatoon's dialouge is incredibly butchered in pal regions. Especially the final boss's dialogue.
I know there's a few instances of Cuttlefish saying stuff like "give them hell" in the PAL version, where he says something more mundane in the US version (apparently because "hell" is considered slightly offensive in the US?).

Haven't reached the final boss yet, so I can't compare that yet.

Top Bottom