• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Villager is not slept on, imo. People generally seem too consider him a high tier camper. In fact I see lots of people complain.
Default Villager. Most people complain about customs Villager but imo default Villager is also pretty good.

Public opinion of him has grown since before though.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
:4wario2::4megaman::4metaknight::4pacman: are the most slept-on characters that are actually good tbh

:4rob: gets points too though because he seems to constantly have decent placing in tournaments but I never hear anyone talking him up

Last edited:

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Aw dam it you just won the internet again!

That's a new record for fastest consecutive internet wins.

Have 2 :starman::starman: as your prize!
wheeeet, for me?! Thank You, I will turn those two stars into Rosalina and Luma amiibos. (I freakin wish, lol xd)

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Hmm I should do a tier list

:4sheik::4diddy::4fox::4sonic::rosalina::4zss:
:4pikachu::4falcon::4luigi::4miibrawl::4ness:
:4wario2::4megaman::4mario::4yoshi::4pit::4darkpit::4villager:
:4greninja::4olimar::4rob::4metaknight::4peach::4dk::4pacman:
:4miigun::4kirby::4lucario::4shulk::4marth::4bowser::4ganondorf::4wiifit:
:4palutena::4lucina::4bowserjr::4drmario::4duckhunt::4myfriends::4littlemac::4link:
:4tlink::4gaw::4robinm::4falco::4miisword::4mewtwo:
:4dedede::4jigglypuff::4samus::4charizard::4zelda:
:4lucas:

Characters are kind of ordered within tiers. Customs are... considered but are not necessarily a huge factor either because they're not helpful or because I lack experience (Charizard).

Viability starts tapering off after Pac-Man. After that it gets worse and worse until you reach flat-out unplayable (:troll:).

Characters that could be notably higher:
:4pikachu::4villager::4miigun::4shulk::4bowserjr::4charizard:

Characters that could be notably lower:
:4miibrawl::4ness::4bowser::4ganondorf:

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
:4wario2::4megaman::4metaknight::4pacman: are the most slept-on characters that are actually good tbh

:4rob: gets points too though because he seems to constantly have decent placing in tournaments but I never hear anyone talking him up
:4wario2: is a solid character to use in uncertain match ups. Even with his changes, his air mobility is stupidly good and his bike is useful for mindgames.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
I never realized Honedge was playable! Ooh shoot, something must be wrong with my copy of smash bros, cause I only ever see him on the Kalos Pokémon League stage...:(.

In all seriousness, Mii Swordsfighter is overshadowed by the other Mii Fighter Types.
tbh i rather have :4zelda:x:rosalina: than :4peach:x:rosalina:
:4zss:x:4zelda: is obviously bae. jk, lol.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Hmm I should do a tier list

:4sheik::4diddy::4fox::4sonic::rosalina::4zss:
:4pikachu::4falcon::4luigi::4miibrawl::4ness:
:4wario2::4megaman::4mario::4yoshi::4pit::4darkpit::4villager:
:4greninja::4olimar::4rob::4metaknight::4peach::4dk::4pacman:
:4miigun::4kirby::4lucario::4shulk::4marth::4bowser::4ganondorf::4wiifit:
:4palutena::4lucina::4bowserjr::4drmario::4duckhunt::4myfriends::4littlemac::4link:
:4tlink::4gaw::4robinm::4falco::4miisword::4mewtwo:
:4dedede::4jigglypuff::4samus::4charizard::4zelda:
:4lucas:

Characters are kind of ordered within tiers. Customs are... considered but are not necessarily a huge factor either because they're not helpful or because I lack experience (Charizard).

Viability starts tapering off after Pac-Man. After that it gets worse and worse until you reach flat-out unplayable (:troll:).

Characters that could be notably higher:
:4pikachu::4villager::4miigun::4shulk::4bowserjr::4charizard:

Characters that could be notably lower:
:4miibrawl::4ness::4bowser::4ganondorf:
I think the thing that stuck out to me most in this list is your high opinion of Bowser.

:4wario2: is a solid character to use in uncertain match ups. Even with his changes, his air mobility is stupidly good and his bike is useful for mindgames.
I feel like he could very easily be a top 10 character and I'm starting to feel he might even be a better defensive character than Rosalina. There's just so many silly things about him, especially his B moves and fair/dtilt/dash attack.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
fun actvity make buffs for bad characters
:4miisword:
Increase Air speed
Decrease dash skid animation
Decrease endlag on f-tilt

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I think the thing that stuck out to me most in this list is your high opinion of Bowser.
Ganon and Bowser have a similar feel as characters IMO (not necessarily in playstyle!). People placing Ganon as a comeback character but not Bowser kind of baffles me. IMO Bowser is a better defensive character and Ganon does better offensively (especially in advantage). Bowser has a far superior run (his dash is crap though lol) and actually has a functional grab range (but you knew that) with two viable kill throws. Both characters thrive off rage and can kill quite quickly. When customs are considered Bowser gets a tool similar to Ganon's dropkick in Dash Slash which is a legitimate landing mixup. Like I said, he could be lower, but if he's lower then so is Ganon most likely.

Is there a reason in your mind why Ganon would be that high but not Bowser?

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
:4zss:x:4zelda: is obviously bae.
Holy ship why has this pairing never cross my mind until now?

That's 3 straight internet wins done in almost no time at all.

You hold the record for "most consecutive internet wins in the shortest time possible"

Here's your prize for winning 3 internets in a row::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman:

And here's your additional prize for making a new record: :disco::starman::disco::starman::disco::starman:

Estel Elessar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jack1995pilot
Holy crap did the Wifi suck at the beach rental I was at all week

Hopefully we can get that playing in sometime soon @Koiba, I'll probably be around tomorrow afternoon

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Ganon and Bowser have a similar feel as characters IMO (not necessarily in playstyle!). People placing Ganon as a comeback character but not Bowser kind of baffles me. IMO Bowser is a better defensive character and Ganon does better offensively (especially in advantage). Bowser has a far superior run (his dash is crap though lol) and actually has a functional grab range (but you knew that) with two viable kill throws. Both characters thrive off rage and can kill quite quickly. When customs are considered Bowser gets a tool similar to Ganon's dropkick in Dash Slash which is a legitimate landing mixup. Like I said, he could be lower, but if he's lower then so is Ganon most likely.

Is there a reason in your mind why Ganon would be that high but not Bowser?
It's kind of hard to express since I'm not too familiar with either character, but I feel like Ganon's ability to actually follow up on hits, generally lower endlag, tech chases off Flame Choke, win instead of lose with sideB suicide, and terrifying 50:50 situations (dthrow>fair or >airdodge read>dair at the ledge, etc) makes him a better character.

Bowser having disjointed grounded A moves is a pretty significant advantage I think most people take for granted, but his everything is punishable, when he gets a hit it doesn't lead into another hit (save for Dash Slash>Bowser Bomb with customs on), his command grab is significantly worse, his neutralB is worse than Charizard's by only causing hitstun up close, and upB no longer has invincibility which makes it less crazy as an OoS option.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Holy ship why has this pairing never cross my mind until now?

That's 3 straight internet wins done in almost no time at all.

You hold the record for "most consecutive internet wins in the shortest time possible"

Here's your prize for winning 3 internets in a row::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman:

And here's your additional prize for making a new record: :disco::starman::disco::starman::disco::starman:
One means I won!
Two means one's for you!
Three has me in Glee!
Four is what I adore!
Five makes me feel Alive!
Six is in the mix!
Seven is just heaven!
Eight is great mate!

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
It's kind of hard to express since I'm not too familiar with either character, but I feel like Ganon's ability to actually follow up on hits, generally lower endlag, tech chases off Flame Choke, win instead of lose with sideB suicide, and terrifying 50:50 situations (dthrow>fair or >airdodge read>dair at the ledge, etc) makes him a better character.

Bowser having disjointed grounded A moves is a pretty significant advantage I think most people take for granted, but his everything is punishable, when he gets a hit it doesn't lead into another hit (save for Dash Slash>Bowser Bomb with customs on), his command grab is significantly worse, his neutralB is worse than Charizard's by only causing hitstun up close, and upB no longer has invincibility which makes it less crazy as an OoS option.
Fair points. But I agree that Ganon is a lot scarier when on the offensive than Bowser.

If you asked me why I put Charizard so low as opposed to Bowser/Ganon I'd struggle a little more :p. It's probably because I feel a lot of Charizard's strengths are "dishonest" with super armor and what not whereas Ganon and Bowser don't have nearly as much (there are exceptions, Bowser's USmash :mad:). Dragon Rush is really good, though, and Rock Hurl is likely extremely annoying with that frame-1 super armor. In general I guess I'm a lot more scared to challenge Bowser's or Ganon's stuff than I am Charizard's.

They all kind of suck, especially with getting in, though, and thrive off of getting the right read.

Soul.

People keep on placing Pika on high tier and I'm like, "is this Brawl?"
Custom :4falcon: is alright. Some of his customs are either good, unusable, or mostly situational. The only bad custom is the explosive falcon dive because of its reduced recovery height. As you have noticed in our friendlies, the wind raptor boost has a messed up wind hit box which can either help or **** :4falcon: over while heavy raptor boost is slower but provides super armor. I find the later to be more helpful than wind boost but the original might be the safest one. Dash Falcon Punch works as a recover like it did in 64 while heavy is just unreliable, no super armor Falcondorf punch. Falcon Strike is alright but only works if the opponent is directly above you. The Lightning Kick is my personal favorite but the Multi Kick is good for early barage of hits.

6.5/10 They don't really do much to improve :4falcon: but they add a bit of flair to him.
I thought most would prefer normal Raptor Boost though, since it has KO potential around 100%. I guess the Heavy Skull Bash feel it has makes it worth using.
Slightly improved recovery, otherwise pretty much the same.

The different Falcon Kicks have some shenanigans with them, an acquaintance of mine found silly Lightning Falcon Kick footstool combos week 1 of 3DS, while I found that Falcon Kick Fury has some dumb windboxes that can jank you if you trade with it:

oh and sideB 3 is DUMB for recovery, for the same reason Heavy Skull Bash is. Used out of hitstun gives a ridic boost forward that can shoot from left magnifying glass to right ledge when timed properly.
that kick is dumb lmao

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
fun actvity make buffs for bad characters
:4miisword:
Decrease dash skid animation
LOL IT'S SO BAD. I LOVE YOU BUTTER KNIFE.

Also, lol at Mega being slept on. I'm a little conflicted because he can't make mistakes on his punishes otherwise he gets lolcombo'd and/or a meaty smash attack. He's so hard to kill if played safe, but it's hard for him to kill if both players are playing safe. He can't pressure up close safely, so he can't capitalize on an attribute that most of the top tiers do so well. As people get better at playing against him, since he's so awkward, I wonder how he's going to do.

I do think he's amazing. AAA utilt, MB>grab, UAir/Fsmash landing traps, Z-drop MB/BAir/DAir edge guarding. He can be pretty straightforward, but it's so good. His meta is kinda at a standstill right now, despite peoples opinion of him rising. Nothing new is really being done outside of the custom fiasco.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
One means I won!
Two means one's for you!
Three has me in Glee!
Four is what I adore!
Five makes me feel Alive!
Six is in the mix!
Seven is just heaven!
Eight is great mate!
Holy. ****ing. Ship.

Not only was that perfection in 8 lines...

That was 4 consecutive internet wins in a row.

You're the queen of the internet.

Stars and disco balls ain't enough for a queen.

I give you a living prize(s)::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I thought most would prefer normal Raptor Boost though, since it has KO potential around 100%. I guess the Heavy Skull Bash feel it has makes it worth using.
Depends on preference. I prefer Heavy for its super armor but it's blocked easily.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Fair points. But I agree that Ganon is a lot scarier when on the offensive than Bowser.

If you asked me why I put Charizard so low as opposed to Bowser/Ganon I'd struggle a little more :p. It's probably because I feel a lot of Charizard's strengths are "dishonest" with super armor and what not whereas Ganon and Bowser don't have nearly as much (there are exceptions, Bowser's USmash :mad:). Dragon Rush is really good, though, and Rock Hurl is likely extremely annoying with that frame-1 super armor. In general I guess I'm a lot more scared to challenge Bowser's or Ganon's stuff than I am Charizard's.

They all kind of suck, especially with getting in, though, and thrive off of getting the right read.
Nah, I'm actually starting to agree on Charizard the more time passes. He hits the least hard of the heavyweights and most of his strength is in gimmicks like superarmor and invincibility (fsmash). He's got quick and powerful OoS options...though usmash has like no reach in front of him.

I hate Charizard so it's no real loss to me if he's trash, but since he's probably the least straightforward heavy I always kind of secretly hoped that there was some untapped potential there.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I'll do the @ Antonykun Antonykun @ Alacion Alacion challenge why not. Like this post to get an honest opinion thing.
I'm doing this now before I get more likes

@SBphiloz4 You're easily the funniest person here. You were like the first person I met here along with Alacion and you were really friendly and your really great to talk to.

@Spritzee We might argue about smash things a lot but really you're really sweet and nice. You also have good music taste.

@FullMoon You're one of the best players ik and matches against you are always fun. You're p cool yourself too.

@ ZombieBran ZombieBran you went missing for months and I was so happy when you came back for me us. You're an interesting person and you're p cool

@ Jestar Jestar best avis gorl

@Nammy12 omg you're such a hepful person with all the gifs and pictures. It's great that we have someone like you here, you're so nice and friendly too.

@GingerGaymer You ruined my childhood with your grapefruit video :^(. Besides that when we both started to join tournaments we were almost always together in. We were like so cool. Now we still go to tournaments and we talk a lot.

@ Space Stranger Space Stranger You're funny and cool. At first I kinda thought you were a troll.

@HunterNinjaReaperPirate You're a pretty cool person, but whenever I see a kirbycide from you i cringe and cry for 30 years

@ ☆Jazz☆ ☆Jazz☆ For the week I've known you, you've been incredibly sweet and I'm hoping to learn more about you.

@ Antonykun Antonykun oh gorl you're p cool. Also if I runaway from home expect me to be at your house.

@ r_greening1 r_greening1 You find great pictures and share then here so bless your soul

@S.F.L.R_9 omg where do I start, you've helped me with so much this year with all my main troubles and stuff I we play a lot too. You're the person I've talked most to here and we learned about each other too. I feel like you know more about me then some of my friends I've known for years

@Trieste SP I see you everywhere omg lol. Also you're cool because you main and rep the two most underrated chars in smash.

@ kenniky kenniky Your one of the funniest here and one of the sassiest people Ik. You're jokes never get old and you're fun to be around.

@Yaaay You're a cool person and we need to have peach dittos sometime.

Last edited:

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Holy. ****ing. Ship.

Not only was that perfection in 8 lines...

That was 4 consecutive internet wins in a row.

You're the queen of the internet.

Stars and disco balls ain't enough for a queen.

I give you a living prize(s)::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep:
14 Prancing Afros!!.....

Still can't touch the Space-Flying, Rainbow-Farting, PopTart Nyan Cat.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053

@SBphiloz4 You're easily the funniest person here. You were like the first person I met here along with Alacion and you were really friendly and your really great to talk to.

@Spritzee We might argue about smash things a lot but really you're really sweet and nice. You also have good music taste.

@FullMoon You're one of the best players ik and matches against you are always fun. You're p cool yourself too.

@ ZombieBran ZombieBran you went missing for months and I was so happy when you came back for me us. You're an interesting person and you're p cool

@Nammy12 omg you're such a hepful person with all the gifs and pictures. It's great that we have someone like you here, you're so nice and friendly too.

@GingerGaymer You ruined my childhood with your grapefruit video :^(. Besides that when we both started to join tournaments we were almost always together in. We were like so cool. Now we still go to tournaments and we talk a lot.

@ Space Stranger Space Stranger You're funny and cool. At first I kinda thought you were a troll.

@HunterNinjaReaperPirate You're a pretty cool person, but whenever I see a kirbycide from you i cringe and cry for 30 years

@ ☆Jazz☆ ☆Jazz☆ For the week I've known you, you've been incredibly sweet and I'm hoping to learn more about you.

@ Antonykun Antonykun oh gorl you're p cool. Also if I runaway from home expect me to be at your house.

@ r_greening1 r_greening1 You find great pictures and share then here so bless your soul

@S.F.L.R_9 omg where do I start, you've helped me with so much this year with all my main troubles and stuff I we play a lot too. You're the person I've talked most to here and we learned about each other too. I feel like you know more about me then some of my friends I've known for years

@Trieste SP I see you everywhere omg lol. Also you're cool because you main and rep the two most underrated chars in smash.

@ kenniky kenniky Your one of the funniest here and one of the sassiest people Ik. You're jokes never get old and you're fun to be around.
You've made my night:colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful:

Last edited:

Soul.

no @ Soul. Soul. /10

Top Bottom