• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
When people call someone "gay" because they're well-dressed and take care of their appearance, or when they use the term "metrosexual"

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Anyone want to play? 3DS/Wii U

EDIT: 2late

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
On another note, I want to delete ROB from the game.

I love how ROB gets as much as ire or more as the top-tiers among Wi-Fi players. And you know what? I don't think he's especially fun to fight against but it's very doable. Particularly since he lost one of his greatest ground spacing tools and got his recovery nerfed.

I honestly think opinions on him will drop as time goes on, just like in Brawl. People forgot how to fight him and now they think he's amazing all over again. He's good, probably top 20, but no more than that (or almost certainly not top 15).

Last edited:

Soul.

The Ancient Minister would have been a cool alternate costume for R.O.B.
also is custom Falcon any good

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I used to hate ROB so much but then his uthrow got nerfed and I was like
i bet it sucks to be you right now.gif

I mean I'm glad it got nerfed cuz *EBOLA UTHROW* but...I don't think he really needed it

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Uhh aerial landing electric Falcon Kick can stun long enough for a knee? That's all I got, his other customs seemed meh.

Main missing costumes are Dry Bowser and Ancient Minister ROB IMO.

EDIT: ROB's UThrow nerf made it slightly weaker than Olimar's Blue Pikmin UThrow lol. It's still the third strongest in the game, not a huge deal.

Not entirely seeing how ROB is awful for Zelda either but I'm not experienced in the MU. We can't camp you and instead have to use projectiles as a punish/followup (which is better anyway). His recovery is DAir bait if he recovers low and juggle bait if he recovers high (UAir is okay though). Sounds like a sucky MU both ways tbh.

Last edited:

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
When people do play with items on, what are your favorite items to use?

My friends and I really like turning on the combination of only Pokeballs, assist trophies, Cuccos, bees, and smartbombs -- with items on high, of course.

When bees are on high:

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
i could use a challenge, imma do @Alacion challenge.
Everyone like my post so i kn0ow who wants an opinion of me
*gets 11 likes*

@ kenniky kenniky well aren't you a sassy person? it seems that every post you are trying to outsass our queen, you should stop (not really actually) you are also really good at keeping up with the jokes on this thread which makes seeing them in fruition all the more amusing
@ Macchiato Macchiato One of these days gorl I will show up at your house cuz we live relatively close :3 I was actually planning to do a bet where you would stick to main for two weeks or else i change your avi and if you do you change my second main but now i feel like i would lose. Try not to take things too seriously or else we will have less fun (or maybe i should take things more seriously)
@CPU 3 I sure as heck love your lighthearted teasing so keep that up. I unfortunately know very little about fujjin but you seem to put him to such a high pedestal
@ Kofu Kofu It sees that you are everywhere that i go so that probably means we have similar tastes which means I should probably be following you. Also you sig says i main bad character but you main Villager :^)
@warionumbah2 i want to nominate you as the sassiest person in this thread like wow and you don't even play zelda! Like seriously youknow "OW the EDGE"? well we should have "OW the SASS". Also i heard meany things about you Meta Knight shame i can't face him
@ Space Stranger Space Stranger When i called that guy a troll i was thinking of you. You have done so many things with your shenanigans and in doing so you showed how much we cared about each other
@Trieste SP great guy to be around makes the Swordfighter boards a blast. I find it odd and refreshing to see someone who rarely partakes in the shenanigans of this thread
@Matsushi the only tactical gorl who wanted to know how i feel about em. Always glad to see willing to follow two socials. I really love how you make your avatars transparent with a red outline
@Alacion We don't interact as much as i would like D: but i have seen some stuff you are certainly a cool guy in my book
@Koiba sometimes i think you are too young for this thread :/ the pure shenanigans we do are just not healthy for a 13 year old, nah just kidding XP Its great that you listed all 75+ girls in you follower count i feel sorry for your news feed tho
@ Jestar Jestar this thread needs more oot Zelda tbh thanks for shoving her in!

NEVER DOING THAT AGAIN

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053

My friends and I really like turning on only Pokeballs, assist trophies, Cuccos, bees, and smartbombs -- with items on high, of course.
Smash balls, Assist Trophies, Pokéballs, Cuccos, explosive crates, Beetles, Zelda Vacuums, annnd heart containers

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215

My friends and I really like turning on the combination of only Pokeballs, assist trophies, Cuccos, bees, and smartbombs -- with items on high, of course.
One time at 3am we had a 4 player FFA
Nothing but Pitfalls, S-Flags and bombs on high
Temple, 4 mins
Pure madness
Nothing but pokeballs sometimes
lmao

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
@ kenniky kenniky well aren't you a sassy person? it seems that every post you are trying to outsass our queen, you should stop (not really actually) you are also really good at keeping up with the jokes on this thread which makes seeing them in fruition all the more amusing
I'm proud to accept the honor of being the most prominently sassy -
@warionumbah2 i want to nominate you as the sassiest person in this thread like wow and you don't even play zelda! Like seriously youknow "OW the EDGE"? well we should have "OW the SASS".
nvm

Once I played a 3-stock match with 3 CPUs, Gaur Plains, Special Flags only. It took like 20 minutes 0_o

Last edited:

Soul.

Uhh aerial landing electric Falcon Kick can stun long enough for a knee? That's all I got, his other customs seemed meh.

Main missing costumes are Dry Bowser and Ancient Minister ROB IMO.
Hmm... Falcon Strike is meh despite the better recovery.
I thought of having a Choice Scarf Pikachu costume or something, since Band exists. Maybe Choice Specs.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431

When bees are on high:
Two words:

ROCKET BELT!

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I've only played with items a few times back during the 3DS days but when I do I always turn bees on high so I can make references to this
It's fun because my friends get annoyed by it xD

"Andrew, don't you dare throw those bees."
"THE BEES ARE COMIIIIING"
"..."

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
CUCCOS AND MR SATURN ON HIGH.
They nerfed Soccer Balls so it's not as fun but Bumpers and Soccer Balls on high. Maybe other explosives. Oh, and Rolling Crates. Best items in the game.

Why'd they take out the Fannnnnnnnn

Villager is k, my opinion of him has been growing, I'm probably tainted from primarily FG experience. But really though, these are the chars I use most often:
:4ludwig::4dedede::4ganondorf::4gaw::4jigglypuff::4littlemac::4mewtwo::4miigun::4ness::4rob::4villager:
HOW MANY OF THOSE DO YOU SEE BEING TOP/HIGH TIER

There are usually a few outliers but pretty much I use chars from the bottom half of the roster :ness:

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
@ Antonykun Antonykun I'm starting to find my real main and I think its peach. We'll end up hanging out one day. Also thanks gorl.
Good luck and may your controller not revolt on you
NOT EVEN A SECOND OF THOUGHT BEFORE I LIKED YOU CHALLENGE >:D

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Custom :4falcon: is alright. Some of his customs are either good, unusable, or mostly situational. The only bad custom is the explosive falcon dive because of its reduced recovery height. As you have noticed in our friendlies, the wind raptor boost has a messed up wind hit box which can either help or **** :4falcon: over while heavy raptor boost is slower but provides super armor. I find the later to be more helpful than wind boost but the original might be the safest one. Dash Falcon Punch works as a recover like it did in 64 while heavy is just unreliable, no super armor Falcondorf punch. Falcon Strike is alright but only works if the opponent is directly above you. The Lightning Kick is my personal favorite but the Multi Kick is good for early barage of hits.

6.5/10 They don't really do much to improve :4falcon: but they add a bit of flair to him.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Custom :4falcon: is alright. Some of his customs are either good, unusable, or mostly situational. The only bad custom is the explosive falcon dive because of its reduced recovery height. As you have noticed in our friendlies, the wind raptor boost has a messed up wind hit box which can either help or **** :4falcon: over while heavy raptor boost is slower but provides super armor. I find the later to be more helpful than wind boost but the original might be the safest one. Dash Falcon Punch works as a recover like it did in 64 while heavy is just unreliable, no super armor Falcondorf punch. Falcon Strike is alright but only works if the opponent is directly above you. The Lightning Kick is my personal favorite but the Multi Kick is good for early barage of hits.

6.5/10 They don't really do much to improve :4falcon: but they add a bit of flair to him.
Hell yea they add flair to him. Look at that build, in HD!!

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny

Nah kidding...kind of. I don't really care for many items in Sm4sh, even Pokeballs which I used to do Pokeball-only on the highest setting in previous games aren't as fun to me in this game (I blame the lesser pokes being less fun and Keldeo being a douchenozzle). They're still probably the most enjoyable item to me though, the others range from forgettable to obnoxious (GUST BELLOWS)

Drill's pretty silly though.

Slightly improved recovery, otherwise pretty much the same.

The different Falcon Kicks have some shenanigans with them, an acquaintance of mine found silly Lightning Falcon Kick footstool combos week 1 of 3DS, while I found that Falcon Kick Fury has some dumb windboxes that can jank you if you trade with it:

oh and sideB 3 is DUMB for recovery, for the same reason Heavy Skull Bash is. Used out of hitstun gives a ridic boost forward that can shoot from left magnifying glass to right ledge when timed properly.

I think it's funny how the first 3 newcomers (:4villager::4megaman::4wiifit:) are probably the most slept on in the Smash 4 metagame.
idk my opinion of customs off :4wiifit: has actually dropped from where it was at release

I think a ton of people still underestimate :4metaknight: though that gets crammed down peoples' throats in several threads *cough* :secretkpop:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646

Also Falcon Kick Fury has some weird unchallengeable windboxes @ Lavani Lavani

EDIT: wow thanks for ninja'ing me

idk my opinion of customs off :4wiifit: has actually dropped from where it was at release

I think a ton of people still underestimate :4metaknight: though that gets crammed down peoples' throats in several threads *cough* :secretkpop:
I forgot about MK...

Slept on characters imo: :4villager::4megaman::4wiifit::4metaknight:

maybe :4rob::4pit::4darkpit::4greninja:

Last edited:

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Villager is not slept on, imo. People generally seem too consider him a high tier camper. In fact I see lots of people complain.
I really like this too.

Sometimes we'll do this and we agree that we're not allowed to attack each other directly, other than throwing a Pokéball at them. The Pokémon have to do all the fighting lol.
Pokemon battles! We throw in assist trophies sometimes too.

Top Bottom