• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
If I download the game, Mokou will be my main fosho. Maybe she'll have immortality as her passive ability. :^)

She's also the reason why I first got into Touhou too~
She actually incinerates herself and resurrects after several of her attacks

I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry. It looks silly, but she still feels pain! ;_;

I need to pick up that game just to play with Mokou and Shinmyoumaru a bit, I dunno who else they added other than Kasen.
Those two + Kasen are the only new additions I know of, but I haven't looked up a roster or anything.

Rizen

Smash Legend
ALSO GORLS I COMPLETED THE KO YOUR RIVAL 4 TIMES IN RIVAL SMASH CHALLENGE :DDDDDDDDDDDDD
Congrats :) With who? I did that with Link (duh, Link main). CPU Link is stupid. He takes 50%+ damage early from Utilt>Utilt...USmash and is gimped easily.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Man, I love Greninja's dash grab.

Congrats :) With who? I did that with Link (duh, Link main). CPU Link is stupid. He takes 50%+ damage early from Utilt>Utilt...USmash and is gimped easily.
Bowser. Spamming usmash works so well.

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
She actually incinerates herself and resurrects after several of her attacks

I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry. It looks silly, but she still feels pain! ;_;

Those two + Kasen are the only new additions I know of, but I haven't looked up a roster or anything.
No Kaguya? Goddamnit ZUN why do you deny us of the nemesis showdown ;-;

Man, I love Greninja's dash grab.

Bowser. Spamming usmash works so well.
I did it by picking Little Mac, beating up Miis until I had KO Punch then using it on the CPU, only took two tries =V

Last edited by a moderator:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
It appears FullMoon has also fallen prey to assuming the Zelda Social still moves fast.

Also, when it says clear Crazy Orders after 10 turns, do you fight Crazy Hand on turn 10 or 11

Rizen

Smash Legend
It appears FullMoon has also fallen prey to assuming the Zelda Social still moves fast.

Also, when it says clear Crazy Orders after 10 turns, do you fight Crazy Hand on turn 10 or 11
After ten turns with crazy hand not counting as a turn so 11.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
That Ness player though. Grab resets much?

Gotcha! Page 1551 was caught! :141:
Celestial and I are good friends and this was the funniest thing ever in person. I could've pummeled, up smashed, back thrown for more %, or anything else... but nope. He didn't realize he was airdodging right after the throw until I pointed it out to him afterwards and he was like "oh... lol I'm dumb." Now it's always in his mind whenever I down throw him, so he almost never airdodges. Them mindgames are strong.

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
@ Lorde Lorde

I honestly don't remember this at all. Do you mean her lesbian relationship with Taena and all that jazz?
Yeah I think that's her. I remember there was a scene in the books where Cersei wanted to "take what was hers" (like Robert had done to her) or something like that and sexually abused Taena, but she didn't enjoy it and sent Taena away out of the room. Clearly there is some lingering trauma from what Robert did to her.

This is a lot of the reason why I like Brienne so much. She's breaking all of these stereotypes that Westerosi society forces upon women and it's really cool to see her do that. Brienne and Cersei are two sides of the same coin in that regard, since both are trying to overthrow gender stereotypes. Cersei is the political side of the fight, while Brienne is the social.
Agreed. Honestly, I like most of the female cast because they're all strong in their own way. I also really appreciate that in the books, there are a lot of very minor female characters that appear maybe once or twice but are still portrayed very positively. One of my biggest gripes with the show is that many of these characters have vanished or that many of the women that do appear have their stories changed or watered down. The show also adds a lot of sexual violence that never happened, for no apparent reason.

To be fair, Cersei truly is the one ruling (in the books, anyway) and she will be until Tommen is 16, so that quote is kind of silly. I don't think anyone in their right mind would want a 9 year old ruling instead of a woman.
The quote still shows how she - and by extension women in power - are viewed though. She's repeatedly called the "Queen Mother" or "Queen Dowager" this season.

And why should Tommen take over when he turns 16? Kings rule for life, so once the power was transferred to Cersei, shouldn't she rule for life as well? Sons don't get the throne until their fathers die - they shouldn't get it until their mothers die as well. Tommen's claim to the throne shouldn't be greater than his mother's, nor should it be greater than Myrcella's. There's a whole sub-plot in the books about Arianne of Dorne trying to get Myrcella to rule instead of Tommen because she's older than her brother.

A quick google search says that Tommen is 9 when he marries Margaery in the books and is about 15 in the show.
15? Okay. That makes things better. I was so disturbed when Tommen and Margaery had sex because of his age in the books...

I refuse to believe this. Sure, some of her missteps stem from her being unaware on what to do, but saying all of them are caused by that is a little much. Ruling a country is not easy work, but she has an entire council to get advice from, and yet she replaced all of them with idiots because she couldn't "trust" anyone else. She is an intelligent person and a lot of her mistakes could've been solved with common sense. Like, no Cersei, building your empire on lies and machinations is not a good idea and will end badly for you.
Tywin was great at ruling and forging alliances, etc. If he had taught Cersei how he did things, things would have went a lot better for her. The books (not so much the show) emphasize constantly her intelligence and cleverness; she would be capable if she had been prepared for ruling in my opinion. Tywin made sure that Jaime had been well prepared for his life as a knight and fighter and role as heir to Casterly Rock, but Cersei definitely got f****d over in that regard.

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I really shouldn't try using Smashboards on my phone while in college lol

Damned thing is glitchin out a lot too, it's pressing things at random sometimes.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Geez, Greninja's dair completely destroys Crazy Hand.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Gorls, I've decided I finally need to play a Touhou game after being in the fandom for years but never playing one. Would Embodiment of Scarlet Devil be a good one to start with?

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
I think I'll stop playing Smash for now.

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I finally 100% completed Smash 3DS. Spamming Smash Run got me the 7 hats I was missing in like two days. Uuuuuugh I'm so happy. x-x

Also I'm sure I stole this avi from someone but I don't care.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Yeah I think that's her. I remember there was a scene in the books where Cersei wanted to "take what was hers" (like Robert had done to her) or something like that and sexually abused Taena, but she didn't enjoy it and sent Taena away out of the room. Clearly there is some lingering trauma from what Robert did to her.
Yeah, that was an odd scene. I remember Cersei was really rough and was hurting Taena, but Cersei didn't give a ****. I agree; Cersei is definitely still feeling the effects of Robert's abuse (I also think some of the reason that she assaulted Taena was because of penis envy).

Agreed. Honestly, I like most of the female cast because they're all strong in their own way. I also really appreciate that in the books, there are a lot of very minor female characters that appear maybe once or twice but are still portrayed very positively. One of my biggest gripes with the show is that many of these characters have vanished or that many of the women that do appear have their stories changed or watered down. The show also adds a lot of sexual violence that never happened, for no apparent reason.
The female cast is way stronger than the male cast, which is really cool. Danaerys, Cersei, Brienne, Arya, Sansa, Ariane, etc. are all very unique and have their own strengths and weakness, so they're memorable. A lot of the male characters are very similar and are just all about honor and fighting and sex. There aren't many male characters that I care for in the series.

The sexual assault thing is really weird and I don't really understand it. Why did Sansa have to get *****? Her and Ramsay were nowhere near each other in the books, so why do they have to randomly get married? My prediction is that she's going to kill him in the finale.

The quote still shows how she - and by extension women in power - are viewed though. She's repeatedly called the "Queen Mother" or "Queen Dowager" this season.

And why should Tommen take over when he turns 16? Kings rule for life, so once the power was transferred to Cersei, shouldn't she rule for life as well? Sons don't get the throne until their fathers die - they shouldn't get it until their mothers die as well. Tommen's claim to the throne shouldn't be greater than his mother's, nor should it be greater than Myrcella's. There's a whole sub-plot in the books about Arianne of Dorne trying to get Myrcella to rule instead of Tommen because she's older than her brother.
That's actually a really good point and I hadn't considered it. I was really excited when the whole Myrcella thing was going on because it was time that Westeros embraced gender equality. But then Myrcella's ear got chopped off and Ariane's lover got murdered and I was like, "whelp."

15? Okay. That makes things better. I was so disturbed when Tommen and Margaery had sex because of his age in the books...
I watched that episode with my mother and I was appalled because he was so young in the books. I even told my mother about how weird it was (and the fact that Margaery's virginity is a major plot point).

Tywin was great at ruling and forging alliances, etc. If he had taught Cersei how he did things, things would have went a lot better for her. The books (not so much the show) emphasize constantly her intelligence and cleverness; she would be capable if she had been prepared for ruling in my opinion. Tywin made sure that Jaime had been well prepared for his life as a knight and fighter and role as heir to Casterly Rock, but Cersei definitely got f****d over in that regard.
Teaching her how to rule would have been very beneficial, but that doesn't change the fact that Cersei did things that were outright stupid. Cersei's story is created to draw attention to how gender is extremely important in Westerosi society and that the rigid gender roles are there to stay, despite things such as when a female is more capable than a male and all that.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
I finally 100% completed Smash 3DS. Spamming Smash Run got me the 7 hats I was missing in like two days. Uuuuuugh I'm so happy. x-x

Also I'm sure I stole this avi from someone but I don't care.
Those hats were so stupid. I'm amazed you got the last seven in 2 days - I'm fairly certain that the last five hats for me took about 3 months to get.

It was bad.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Oooohhh I won't spoil what happens to her then. Needless to say, it's pretty crazy.

My GoT character tier list is something like:
SSS: Daenerys
S: Arya, Sansa
A: Tyrion, Margaery, Brienne
B: Littlefinger
Annoying Tier: Cersei, Jon, Bran, Jamie, Samwell

Obviously, it's not all of the characters, but it is most of the relevant ones.
I don't really get why Dany is so popular. She hasn't really succeeded in much imo aside from gathering an army of people who can't make their own decisions anyway. I pretty much love all the ****** girls save Sansa who can die in a pit for all I care.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I don't really get why Dany is so popular. She hasn't really succeeded in much imo aside from gathering an army of people who can't make their own decisions anyway. I pretty much love all the *****y girls save Sansa who can die in a pit for all I care.
This is really lame and overused, but you'd understand if you read the books. Dany is kinda misrepresented in the show. In the books, she does everything she can for her people and is a very strong female character who isn't afraid to embrace her femininity. She's firm and just. She's kind of *****y and commanding in the show, though. Dany also has a really interesting story and this season is going to get insane later (thanks to characters like Jon and Dany) and I can't wait.

Dany did free all the slaves in 3 major cities, which is a pretty big deal.

Sansa is awful in the show. She's a good character in the books, but she's just stupid and annoying in the show.

What happened to maining Rosalina, btw?

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
This is really lame and overused, but you'd understand if you read the books. Dany is kinda misrepresented in the show. In the books, she does everything she can for her people and is a very strong female character who isn't afraid to embrace her femininity. She's firm and just. She's kind of *****y and commanding in the show, though. Dany also has a really interesting story and this season is going to get insane later (thanks to characters like Jon and Dany) and I can't wait.

Sansa is awful in the show. She's a good character in the books, but she's just stupid and annoying in the show.

What happened to maining Rosalina, btw?
I still main Zelda, lol. I change the last slot for fun. I play a bunch of characters but I don't change my main... I just pick up random characters for fun.

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
gorls im not leaving, im just taking a break from smash but ill check in from time to time
I still main Zelda, lol. I change the last slot for fun. I play a bunch of characters but I don't change my main... I just pick up random characters for fun.
*taking notes*

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Truth be told when I told my local Brawl scene I was switching mains in like 2011, that was a pretty big deal. Ended up co-maining honestly but probably used Zelda more regardless.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
>"I'll be gone for a few months to a year"
>comes back the next day

I guess @Aerodrome really is psychic.

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Truth be told when I told my local Brawl scene I was switching mains in like 2011, that was a pretty big deal. Ended up co-maining honestly but probably used Zelda more regardless.
Let's see my case

the character I have most fun with is ZSS

but the character I'm best with and have the most potential with is WFT

but i want to help Zelda's meta, the only character that's constantly bashed by her own mains

also do you attend Sm4sh tournaments

Gay Ginger

Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
@ Lorde Lorde

We can be GoT buddies :)

My favorite characters are (not in order, it's too hard to choose lol) Cersei, Daenerys, Melisandre, Catelyn, Bran, Jojen, Arya, Arianne, and Sansa.

Bran and Jojen are some of the only two male characters that I really like, and they're both unique. Neither of them is a strong fighter or all about honor like most of the other male characters. I really like how different their story is: journeying beyond the wall and warg and green dream powers. I want to learn more about their connection to the Old Gods.

I also think it's cool that the books do a good job of representing people with disabilities (Bran and Tyrion, for example), by giving them complete and complex characterization and making them important to the plot.

Basically A Song of Ice and Fire is one of the best series for women and people with disabilities that I've seen in a long time - or maybe ever seen - and I love every minute of it lol.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Let's see my case

the character I have most fun with is ZSS

but the character I'm best with and have the most potential with is WFT

but i want to help Zelda's meta, the only character that's constantly bashed by her own mains

also do you attend Sm4sh tournaments
I went to one tourney, as shown in your results thread but I just play friendlies now or for fun. Not interested in competitive smash very much but I'm always there if people want certain MU practise.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo

I went to one tourney, as shown in your results thread but I just play friendlies now or for fun. Not interested in competitive smash very much but I'm always there if people want certain MU practise.
oh okay because a while ago you said you might start going to tournaments with Zelda

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Give me that phone!

You can have it back after class :secretkpop:
-Gives phone-

-Takes back because just left class-

Gorls, I've decided I finally need to play a Touhou game after being in the fandom for years but never playing one. Would Embodiment of Scarlet Devil be a good one to start with?
Imperishable Night and Perfect Cherry Blossom are the two easiest games but EoSD is a good start too, but Patchouli and especially Sakuya will absolutely destroy you.

Geez, Greninja's dair completely destroys Crazy Hand.
Greninja is the most broken character in Smash Run precisely because of his D-Air lol. It makes Mimicuties look pathetic.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
@ Lorde Lorde

We can be GoT buddies :)

My favorite characters are (not in order, it's too hard to choose lol) Cersei, Daenerys, Melisandre, Catelyn, Bran, Jojen, Arya, Arianne, and Sansa.

Bran and Jojen are some of the only two male characters that I really like, and they're both unique. Neither of them is a strong fighter or all about honor like most of the other male characters. I really like how different their story is: journeying beyond the wall and warg and green dream powers. I want to learn more about their connection to the Old Gods.

I also think it's cool that the books do a good job of representing people with disabilities (Bran and Tyrion, for example), by giving them complete and complex characterization and making them important to the plot.

Basically A Song of Ice and Fire is one of the best series for women and people with disabilities that I've seen in a long time - or maybe ever seen - and I love every minute of it lol.
I can't believe I forgot about Melisandre! I really, really hated her for almost the entire series, but then there were those few chapters in her point of view and they completely changed my mind about her. I don't like how they essentially made her a prostitute in the show, though.

Tyrion and Littlefinger that the only male characters that I really care all that much about. They're both all about secret schemes and cleverness and I love that. Tyrion is especially interesting and I loved when he was the King's Hand. He ruled better than anyone else in the books.

We could be #gotpals instead of #coffeepals. All we would need is strange and unflattering pictures of the actors and we'd be all set lol.

Gay Ginger

Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
I don't like how they made her [insert any female character] a prostitute in the show, though.
My thoughts on how the show has handled pretty much any female character lol.

We could be #gotpals instead of #coffeepals. All we would need is strange and unflattering pictures of the actors and we'd be all set lol.
I like it!!

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
Can someone tell me what touhou is?

I thought it was a fighting game but it appears to be an arcade shooter.
Kinda confused.

Top Bottom