• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Whenever I try to go after Dedede I just get smacked around by F-Air and B-Air all day and I swear those things feel almost impossible to punish or react in time in lag lol.
same goes for rob and his stupid n-air

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
For what it's worth, :4dedede: bair is safe on shield and actually has fairly low endlag/autocancels from a shorthop.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Why is the DDD MU so hard for me when Greninja clearly has an advantage.

Is it because wi-fi or something or am I just being dumb.
Dedede has some weird MUs IMO. He has probably the worst frame data in the game and poor mobility but also some of the biggest disjoints. Thinking about the matchup I see it in Greninja's favor but not necessarily by a lot.

Wi-Fi probably makes it harder though.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
For what it's worth, :4dedede: bair is safe on shield and actually has fairly low endlag/autocancels from a shorthop.
You know I wish Dedede's B-air was his F-air and his B-air become his Brawl B-air

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
You know I wish Dedede's B-air was his F-air and his B-air become his Brawl B-air
I would go back to maining him if that happened probably.

I really hate his current fair tbh, it's just a worse bair in every way. Worse lag, worse damage, worse hitbox, worse autocancel, kill power removed...I've heard other Dededes praise it since release and I've just been over here like "why would you ever use this move if you had other options?"

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Now if only the Dedede's I'm fighting actually used it out of a shorthop.

Most of the time they just try to keep walling me off with F-Air and B-Air and even though Dedede goes through his landing lag animation I never get to punish it because wi-fi.

And it feels even worse that I keep falling for it.

Yo @ FullMoon FullMoon Whenare you going to contribute to Swordspider vs Greninja
How can I contribute to a MU I have literally 0 experience with?

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Apparently I deleted my screenshot of Dedede bair's hilarious hitbox.

Have a different silly hitbox instead:

Most of the time they just try to keep walling me off with F-Air and B-Air and even though Dedede goes through his landing lag animation I never get to punish it because wi-fi.
It's safe when used as he lands too. Landing bair and SH AC bair are both safe.

The joys of massive 16% hitboxes. :4dedede:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051

And it feels even worse that I keep falling for it.

How can I contribute to a MU I have literally 0 experience with?
ask questions, stir up discussion, if you can't contribute with experience then contribute with theorycraft. No one at the Swordfighter boards are asking anyone to make a definitive MU Discussion, just that they try so we have opportunities to tech others about the butter spreader C:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Apparently I deleted my screenshot of Dedede bair's hilarious hitbox.

Have a different silly hitbox instead:

It's safe when used as he lands too. Landing bair and SH AC bair are both safe.

The joys of massive 16% hitboxes. :4dedede:
Is... Is that Charizard's UAir? D:

Dedede's FAir is decent for fitting into strings because it comes out faster than BAir. Now if you want a crappy aerial, check out his DAir lol.

Antonykun complaining about the ROB/Villager MU on Wi-Fi makes me feel better about losing to one tonight now. I beat him first match but lost like the next... 3? Then I beat him with Game & Watch. His ROB was good, better than his other characters. I kept getting spiked as Villager lol. One time I'm really not sure what happened.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051

Dedede's FAir is decent for fitting into strings because it comes out faster than BAir. Now if you want a crappy aerial, check out his DAir lol.

Antonykun complaining about the ROB/Villager MU on Wi-Fi makes me feel better about losing to one tonight now. I beat him first match but lost like the next... 3? Then I beat him with Game & Watch. His ROB was good, better than his other characters. I kept getting spiked as Villager lol. One time I'm really not sure what happened.
better than the time I lost to a rob 8 times as Villager, Pikachu, and Little mac

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
ask questions, stir up discussion, if you can't contribute with experience then contribute with theorycraft. No one at the Swordfighter boards are asking anyone to make a definitive MU Discussion, just that they try so we have opportunities to tech others about the butter spreader C:
I don't even have anything to work with for theorycraft I barely know anything about Swordfighter that isn't "he has a hoo-hah"

I legit don't have the slightest idea of what the hell he can do and much less of how Greninja would deal with him.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny

It is! He's also facing away from Doc :3

See though, fair walls offstage against a character like Falcon that can't do anything about them is really the only time I can think of where I'd use it like that. Off dthrow, bair/uair are pretty much always better. Even at 0% where bair won't combo, fair is punishable on hit because of its lag while nair/uair aren't but do equivalent damage. The better startup compared to bair is really its only notable advantage, and it's rarely an applicable one (particularly because of bair's hitbox not following the hammer and covering the entire arc path from active frame 1 while fair starts from above and behind Dedede's head).

I'll jump aboard the wifi ROB complaint train too. He's not too bad normally, but projectiles and nair are annoying with latency.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
better than the time I lost to a rob 8 times as Villager, Pikachu, and Little mac
I probably have a slight advantage since I use ROB and more or less know how he works (and how to turn his Gyro against him). My opponent did a good job of mixing up his recovery, using DTilt to lead into other things, and creating traps, though. His other main seemed to be Wario and I was less impressed with its display.

It is! He's also facing away from Doc :3

See though, fair walls offstage against a character like Falcon that can't do anything about them is really the only time I can think of where I'd use it like that. Off dthrow, bair/uair are pretty much always better. Even at 0% where bair won't combo, fair is punishable on hit because of its lag while nair/uair aren't but do equivalent damage. The better startup compared to bair is really its only notable advantage, and it's rarely an applicable one (particularly because of bair's hitbox not following the hammer and covering the entire arc path from active frame 1 while fair starts from above and behind Dedede's head).

I'll jump aboard the wifi ROB complaint train too. He's not too bad normally, but projectiles and nair are annoying with latency.
I need to start using NAir off low percent DThrow again. But yeah, his FAir seems like a good attack but then you look at it and... yeah. It's not bad though. Not really. I've been able to read opponents' DI and string three together, haha. I think BAir would have been too powerful at that point. If FAir SHAC it would be insane. Maybe a small reduction on landing lag.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
It's crazy how this place has 1500+ pages! I joined when it was at 15ish.
I just found out KYM has a page on Bara, I found myself giggling as I read the page
I now wonder how I ended up skewing your thoughts of me
I haven't actually read bara just read of it (I don't own brain bleach just in case)
Some bara is fun.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur

ROB is annoying as **** to play against in lag. I mean, ROB is annoying as **** to play against always, but specially in lag. It's like Link-levels annoying.

But wifi amirite.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Dedede is such a pain to play against on WiFi... Doesn't help for me that he's one of Marth's worse matchups anyway, but WiFi lag both kills Marth, and strengthens Dedede, so... It doesn't end well, let's say.

Last edited:

Soul.

Ness is one of, if not the most annoying character on Wi-Fi. PK Fire in lag is ****ing dumb, as is down throw > FAir chains. I don't care though, not like he doesn't do the same thing in the wonderful world we call "lol local"
I honestly never had a problem with Dedede. Gordos are... Uh. I forgot.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I don't mind Ness on wifi because I played enough Brawl Ness to know what trying to control PK Thunder in lag is like.

Also he doesn't exactly have safe buttons to press.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I honestly never had a problem with Dedede. Gordos are... Uh. I forgot.
Pikachu sucks for Dedede. His attacks are too fast.

Gordos wreck house in Smash Run. Speaking of which, I just got second in a "Run!" Challenge as Dedede with Sheik, Fox, and Little Mac as competitors.

Soul.

Well yeah, he's certainly beatable on Wi-Fi. It's just PK Fire in lag that is dumb. Shield? Scrub back throws you, GG. Then again the same thing happens in lol local except PK Fires galore don't exist. PK Thunder reads are a thing too.

Scrub Ness can't even try to like, abuse SH aerials or something instead of waiting for grabs.
Pikachu sucks for Dedede. His attacks are too fast.

Gordos wreck house in Smash Run. Speaking of which, I just got second in a "Run!" Challenge as Dedede with Sheik, Fox, and Little Mac as competitors.
Yeah that MU is bad for D3, though I've seen people talking about that one set with Big D (that's his name?) and Captain L making the MU even. He's combo food for Pika, we win neutral (haha QA/Jolts) and um... Yeah. Despite Pika being small, D3 can still use his down throw to whatever on Pika, and also lol down tilt.

D3's MUs are so weird lol.

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I hope I don't get pranked ever because I like people seeing how good at smash I am based off of how many posts I've made on a forum.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
I hope I don't get pranked ever because I like people seeing how good at smash I am based off of how many posts I've made on a forum.
I feel like Smashboards is trying to get me in the mood by telling me what I want to hear whenever I see "Smash Ace"

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542

I actively avoid all ROB players no matter what. I'm fine with dealing with Sheik or Sonic or Fox but I'm not dealing with ROB unless someone counterpicks him against me.
I'll play you sometime and help you with the MU. I imagine it's hell for Greninja to get in, but once he does, ROB is in for a role reversal. He HATES being juggled. And I don't want to see what Hydro Pump does to his recovery lol.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I'll play you sometime and help you with the MU. I imagine it's hell for Greninja to get in, but once he does, ROB is in for a role reversal. He HATES being juggled. And I don't want to see what Hydro Pump does to his recovery lol.
When Greninja uses Hydro Pump on R.O.B's recovery he just wants to help the little robot accomplish his dream of going to space.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Most def

Also, why is this thread tagged as a guide?? It's because Zeldas are giving out wise guidance isn't it?
You missed a lot while you were gone Zombie sis. It's a guide to realizing sass nirvana.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
When Greninja uses Hydro Pump on R.O.B's recovery he just wants to help the little robot accomplish his dream of going to space.
Free FAirs/UAirs for Greninja I guess.

I'm not going to lie, as fun as I find ROB to use, he's not fun to play against. Pac-Man is really fun though, similar to Brawl Diddy for me. Both MUs involve traps and while Pac-Man usually has control of them, it is possible to turn what he does against him.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I find R.O.B to be more of an even MU for the same reasons as Megaman is even. Greninja has some real trouble getting in, but once he does, he juggles those two like no tomorrow.

Though I suppose ROB is more vulnerable to juggles than Mega if only because his hurtbox is much bigger so maybe Greninja could have an advantage in the MU, I dunno.

Also ROB's recovery is probably one of the most vulnerable to D-Air spikes I think =V

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
@2004Zilla

I dunno if you're like, tired of reading negative ****s about the teasers we've been getting from me.

Cause honestly I would be if I was in your place, maybe.

But omg.

"Who's the Alpha?"
"You're lookin' at 'im, kid."

WAY TO DRIP LIKE 12498102 GALLONS OF CHEESE, GUYS.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Found a very optimistic Game & Watch user. He feels we only lose to about 12 characters, go even with half the rest, and beat half the rest. I really don't see it, lol.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I've been so tired recently. Been just kinda living until school is over. Thankfully, there really is no more real work left for any of my classes. But man, it is just kinda soul draining in some areas just waiting for the day to end. And it is harder knowing Splatoon is just around the corner.

Top Bottom