• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Ayyyyyy, thank you! I'll check those links out tomorrow morning since I'm drained, though that Snake player is Professor Pro, right? That's pretty interesting to hear actually, I kind of assumed it was simply just the UK because there are no tournaments in my area at all, and if there were any, I would've found out about them OTL. Once again though, thank you! And goodnight~ :halfsheep:
Ya Professor Pro
I hope you don't mind me asking, but what part of the UK do you live in?

Rizen

Smash Legend
It's like Link-levels annoying.

But wifi amirite.
Toon Link I'd agree with but Link is really hard to play on wifi. I mean laggy wifi. People think he's slow with big attacks and projectiles so he gets a boost but that's not true at all.

Any lag offstage means death, often because his recovery falls an inch short. It's hard to tell if a bomb was pulled because hitstun really ended. Link's offstage game is terrible on wifi but pretty good offline. Link has a fast fall speed and shot recovery but he has a lot of ways to defend himself and fake out the opponent.

Link also loses his hit confirm chains and has to guess. He has some combos and chains but they're very tight timing and change with %s.

True combos (tested in training) :
Bair 1st hit>reverse upB on ground.
Bomb thrown down from the air>any aerial or footstool.
Footstool>FF Nair>arrow lock.
Bomb thrown forward when standing next to the opponent (at point black range so they are launched up toward Link) >Utilt/Usmash or Uair at higher %s.
Forward bomb throw>jab/Ftilt/Fair/Utilt/Usmash/upB (ground or air)/Zair/grab/Dash attack... pretty much everything except projectiles or Dair provided Link acts immediately and can reach the opponent after the bomb blows them up.
Any projectile>any other projectile if positioned right.
Zair 1st hit>immediately land>jab/upB/Dsmash
Fair 1st hit>jab/upB/Dsamsh
Nair>jab/upB/Dsmash (I have trouble getting this consistently so the timing might be tight or % specific)
Returning custom boomerang 2 or 3>any attack.
Strong Nair>arrow lock: Nair starts tripping at at 40%ish-65%ish (provided the opponent doesn't tech).
Weak Nair>arrow lock: Weak Nair trips from 90%ish on (provided the opponent doesn't tech). Arrows might need a slight charge the higher the damage %s.

Keep in mind these combos are tight timing and only work if the opponent is close enough for the followup to connect immediately. The followup attack is damage and spacing dependent.

These chains are easy but seem possible to escape:
Bair>upB in the air (maybe combo?)
Bair>Bair
Ledge trump>tap away from ledge>double jump>Bair (maybe true combo?)
Utilt>Utilt/Usmash at low %s
Dthrow>Ftilt/Utilt/Usmash/Fair/Uair, depending on the opponent's DI and damage %.
Jab 2 cancel>quick attack based on reads.

If Link waits at all the opponent escapes with 5-10% damage so on wifi you have to start something like throw a bomb>Dash attack or SH Fair (or dash grab if it's shielded) guessing if it hits. If the opponent dodges Link gets punished hard. The same goes for Fsmash; look for hit confirm on wifi and the opponent gets away with 7% because Fsmash 2 comes out too slow but if Fsmash 1 and 2 are dodged Fsmash 2 has over a second of endlag. I've lost a lot of KOs from not following up with Fsmash 2 soon enough.

Link's projectiles get a chip damage buff from wifi but lose their frame trap potential. Link can't press B to spam. All Link's actions are used for frame traps and spacing but he has to true camping. It's all based on reading where the opponent is and making the 3 projectiles and other attacks work together. Boomerang has 3 angles at 2 strengths each, Link also wants to preform an action to cancel the catch animation. Arrows distance is based on their charge. Bombs change what state Link's in as all his standard attacks are replaced with bomb throws/drops. If he doesn't pull a bomb when I think or drops the bomb from being hit (random) Link will do something entirely different. They also have a set fuse that's hard to judge on wifi.
His projectiles were made to combo into other attacks on hit-confirm and that's were lag really hurts Link. It's very hard for him to kill without guessing on wifi.
I agree they are harder to shield but it's not the same lag boost other characters get. Link gets out camped by worse campers in lag like Zelda.

Link's big attacks aren't like Ike's/Marth's. He has 14 frames start-up, 2 frames attack only on his sword low and infront of him that can be hopped over or rolled past with Fsmash for example. The only attacks that don't cover a specific space near Link are Ftilt/Utilt/Nair/Dair and all others have blind spots (since Usmash is so inconsistent if it doesn't hit properly).
Link also has a terrible time punishing ledge getups with his frame 12 grab when you can't react it time.

/just wanted to clear that up. I hate trying to use Link in lag. He's much better offline or in good connections.

Last edited:

Skarfelt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Skarfelt
Seeing @Lythero, @EOE and maXy the Zelda main made me feel happy. :3

https://wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/7/77/Heavy_sandwichtaunt02.wav?t=20100625221926
^ Me when I saw that list.
tfw not recognised for efforts </3
Really though like every time this list is posted outside of Ireland it's never "wow, you guys have a diverse meta!", everyone gotta bring up poopy Lythero cuz EVIDENCE OBJECTION LADEEDAH

(incidentally it's lythero's birthday today ilu happy birthday <3)

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Sis I have to go repost my videos in the paletuna boards now like

Edit:
Smh @ you editing out Nicole's call out.
Why would you even do that?
Why do the Red Tyrants have to ruin anything that is fun on this site?
Do you gorls want Smashboards to be a super serious zone with no fun 100% of the time?
I don't get it, pretty sure you guys are the reason people don't post here as much for tournaments like they did back in the Brawl days.
Everyone just uses Facebook now because at least you can fire shots without the funsucking mods coming and policing everything everyone says. :/
Quoting for posterity

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Yes I did for the rest 2 rounds but they were offstream (zelda rosa and zelda kirby) I went pit game 2 vs the kirby to see howd I do since I usually go zelda vs every kirby I did about the same lolol
hmmmm i've been wondering, if you've expiremented. What custom set do you use, rn we kinda summerized that her best set is 1213 and 1113 depending on playstyle but tbh flare is better than them all.

also you should win Evo, only Zelda.
Hey gorls, long time no see.

I'm hoping anyone beats Zero, frankly. Nairo would be best.
omg gorl your back and alive

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Please! Everyone go look at page 1500. With the Fuujin messages deleted it is hilarious!

I meant to steal that page, but I did my math wrong xD

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Seeing a distinct lack of :4marth: in that Irish power ranking list though. :p

Hopefully I can try and negotiate my way to the tournament in Galway next week, or whenever it's on. Too bad my internet sucks where I am now (well, it works sometimes until about 2pm, then it's slooooow until like 2am), so I'm probably gonna be way out of practice by then even if I do get going. :/

Last edited:

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
Well. Happened again this morning. This time I just denied her when asked to jog. I'm not putting myself through hell like that again at 3:30. -_- @ Matsushi Matsushi

On the plus side even she's getting exhausted now so maybe she'll just stop prompting me.

Now if Ya'll would excuse me... I have some work to... AHHH JUST KIDDING. I'm just spending time here talking to you gorls.

Love Ya'll!:4zelda:

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Everyone just uses Facebook now because at least you can fire shots without the funsucking mods coming and policing everything everyone says. :/
Real talk i got infracted for saying the truth, can't sesh anyone here gotta put the gun down and buy a toy gun so people won't get hurt.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Sis I have to go repost my videos in the paletuna boards now like

Edit:
Smh @ you editing out Nicole's call out.
Why would you even do that?
Why do the Red Tyrants have to ruin anything that is fun on this site?
Do you gorls want Smashboards to be a super serious zone with no fun 100% of the time?
I don't get it, pretty sure you guys are the reason people don't post here as much for tournaments like they did back in the Brawl days.
I'm curious now, what did Nicole say?

PUK

Smash Ace
NNID
Simlock92
3DS FC
4141-4118-5477
Real talk i got infracted for saying the truth, can't sesh anyone here gotta put the gun down and buy a toy gun so people won't get hurt.
yeah i don't really understood, but i guess CCI is a strange place. We zelda board should raid it once a month to keep it healthy

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Hey gorls, what's new ?

I've finally finished my finals so I'm back ! What happened these past two weeks ? I see stuff about infractions and red tyrants, lol.

Skarfelt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Skarfelt
THE SYNCRONISATION OF THESE GUYS IN THE ZELDA SOCIAL

Oh, I correct myself - I two stocked him game 1 and 2 (zelda and ganon) then he swapped to Palutena and managed to get one stock on me. My bad =]

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Last edited:

Matsushi

True Blood
Ya Professor Pro
I hope you don't mind me asking, but what part of the UK do you live in?
Ah, it's fine! I live in London, where it's cold, dark and rainy 90% of the time. :halfsheep:
Well. Happened again this morning. This time I just denied her when asked to jog. I'm not putting myself through hell like that again at 3:30. -_- @ Matsushi Matsushi

On the plus side even she's getting exhausted now so maybe she'll just stop prompting me.

Now if Ya'll would excuse me... I have some work to... AHHH JUST KIDDING. I'm just spending time here talking to you gorls.

Love Ya'll!:4zelda:
It's good that you denied jogging with her. If this becomes a regular thing, you'll start to lose a lot of sleep, and that's not good. D: Just tell her that most people start jogging in the morning, y'know, when it's nice and bright? Not at freakin' 3am, damn. xD

Good morning/afternoon everyone! I hope you're all having a fabtastic day! I'm probably just spend my time on Destiny. :emptysheep:

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
Ah, it's fine! I live in London, where it's cold, dark and rainy 90% of the time. :halfsheep:

It's good that you denied jogging with her. If this becomes a regular thing, you'll start to lose a lot of sleep, and that's not good. D: Just tell her that most people start jogging in the morning, y'know, when it's nice and bright? Not at freakin' 3am, damn. xD

Good morning/afternoon everyone! I hope you're all having a fabtastic day! I'm probably just spend my time on Destiny. :emptysheep:
I actually got A preorder slip for Destiny on my birthday last year for 360 from an anonymous source. (It was my little brother. How courteous.)

When I went to pick it up on release date, I swear I had to wade through crowds of people because I was actually pretty excited for the game at the time.

I'm only at level 11 on my awoken female Warlock (I have a male Exo hunter but haven't really touched him.) so far and I haven't been bothered to kill hordes of the same thing over and over again to go up in level enough to make the multiplayer fun enough to play. -.-;

Although in your reccomendation, does it become any more fun at higher levels?

And I think she's learning alright. She woke up at 3:30 AM again this morning but she even looked exhausted because she was up so late with her boyfriend but she wants to stick to her strict schedule she's devised.

I'll give her another 3 days, so long as she keeps coming back with Dunkin' Donuts in the morning.

Last edited:

Matsushi

True Blood
I actually got A preorder slip for Destiny on my birthday last year for 360 from an anonymous source. (It was my little brother. How courteous.)

When I went to pick it up on release date, I swear I had to wade through crowds of people because I was actually pretty excited for the game at the time.

I'm only at level 11 so far and I haven't been bothered to kill hordes of the same thing over and over again to go up in level enough to make the multiplayer fun enough to play. -.-;

Although in your reccomendation, does it become any more fun at higher levels?

And I think she's learning alright. She woke up at 3:30 AM again this morning but she even looked exhausted because she was up so late with her boyfriend but she wants to stick to her strict schedule she's devised.

I'll give her another 3 days, so long as she keeps coming back with Dunkin' Donuts in the morning.
Destiny is a really good game! It does become slightly repetitive though, hence why I took a short break from it before the new House of Wolves DLC was released 2 days ago. But yeah, it definitely does get better once you hit level 20 and above, 'cos then you can do a lot more things! And the thrill of getting new guns and armour is always exciting. I have 2 guardians, my Hunter who's at level 32 which was the level cap until the DLC came out, and a Warlock who's at level 20.

Ouch, that ain't good for her!!! She needs sleep, otherwise she'll get really ill. It's hard to understand how she can function let alone jog at the time, whereas I need 8 hours or more sleep to function during the day, otherwise I'd probably just stumble everywhere. But... Dunkin' Donuts, hell yeah.

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
Destiny is a really good game! It does become slightly repetitive though, hence why I took a short break from it before the new House of Wolves DLC was released 2 days ago. But yeah, it definitely does get better once you hit level 20 and above, 'cos then you can do a lot more things! And the thrill of getting new guns and armour is always exciting. I have 2 guardians, my Hunter who's at level 32 which was the level cap until the DLC came out, and a Warlock who's at level 20.

Ouch, that ain't good for her!!! She needs sleep, otherwise she'll get really ill. It's hard to understand how she can function let alone jog at the time, whereas I need 8 hours or more sleep to function during the day, otherwise I'd probably just stumble everywhere. But... Dunkin' Donuts, hell yeah.
I guess I was just really put off initially by the repetitive nature at the start.

My only assumption is that it'll be like Terraria for me. Incredibly tedious and boring at the start, but incredibly fun and engaging once you get past that and the beginning. Because right now it's a bit of a slog.

I'll probably get back into it again anyway though.

And yeah. She's really irritable right now. She hasn't had much sleep and I can tell... o.o

Matsushi

True Blood
I guess I was just really put off initially by the repetitive nature at the start.

My only assumption is that it'll be like Terraria for me. Incredibly tedious and boring at the start, but incredibly fun and engaging once you get past that and the beginning. Because right now it's a bit of a slog.

I'll probably get back into it again anyway though.

And yeah. She's really irritable right now. She hasn't had much sleep and I can tell... o.o
Yeah, I almost felt like I had to drag my guardians to the level cap, though once you hit level 20, you level up by equipping legendary gear, not just by continuously shooting enemies. I would have stopped playing the game, but my sister played the game beforehand and she insisted that it gets better the more you level up, which was indeed true. You can do things like raids, equip new shaders and emblems, and find exotic weapons, and it's just very fun.

Ah man, she should definitely take a nap or something. Or when she does nag you at 3am, tell her to just get her butt back to bed and sleep.

Top Bottom