• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Matsushi

True Blood
Good games @ Matsushi Matsushi ! Your characters still demolish me, especially that Marth. I don't see much of him anywhere anymore though.

Too bad the lag was kinda bad :c. I was getting some big input lag all of a sudden on Delfino.
Good games! I had lots of fun. Your characters still put up a fight though, and you really did adapt towards the end which was amazing to see! You've improved so much from Brawl, it's pretty incredible really. But yeah, it's sad that Marth has become a rather non-existent character because of those awful nerfs!

Yeah, I got the horrible input lag on Delfino as well, though I just tried to shrug it off. Your Sheik gave me a run for my money in the last match though! Also, I saved a replay of when we INFINITE NAYRU'S LOVE'D. That was awesome. :awesome:

I did NOT even know it's 3:30 am over here! @Tilk . Literally the sleepiness hit me like a ton o' bricks. Good games Ricky! I hope to play again soon. :3

For some reason, I find this cute. Embarrass
d'aw. :estatic: i was gonna say "okee dokee lemon squokee" but then i was like stahp

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Good games! I had lots of fun. Your characters still put up a fight though, and you really did adapt towards the end which was amazing to see! You've improved so much from Brawl, it's pretty incredible really. But yeah, it's sad that Marth has become a rather non-existent character because of those awful nerfs!

Yeah, I got the horrible input lag on Delfino as well, though I just tried to shrug it off. Your Sheik gave me a run for my money in the last match though! Also, I saved a replay of when we INFINITE NAYRU'S LOVE'D. That was awesome. :awesome:

I did NOT even know it's 3:30 am over here! @Tilk . Literally the sleepiness hit me like a ton o' bricks. Good games Ricky! I hope to play again soon. :3

d'aw. :estatic: i was gonna say "okee dokee lemon squokee" but then i was like stahp
Ever since I started going on @ Nairo Nairo 's streams and playing him I've had massive improvements. I wanna go to a tourney but....ugh so far away. But thanks for the compliment! :)

And yes THE NAYRU'S VORTEX. It's the only thing that makes Zelda dittos worth it, haha!

And it's 3:30 over there? Get some sleep! :p (the irony is strong here lmao)
----------------------
Btw thanks Nairo for helping me improve so much!

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
A "How To" on girls by me.
1. Like a girl.
2. Talk to her and get to know her.
3. Analyze everything she says and twist it to where it seems like she likes you.
4. Analyze everything she says and twist it to where it seems like she doesn't like you.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 until you are a crazy person.
6. Never ask the girl how she feels directly, only give her riddles that can be interpreted however you like.
7. Make her feel really good about herself.
8. Stop talking to her and pretend she was the one who got away.
9. Move on to the next girl and start all over.

And that's how I do relationships! Thank you and goodnight.

Matsushi

True Blood
Ever since I started going on @ Nairo Nairo 's streams and playing him I've had massive improvements. I wanna go to a tourney but....ugh so far away. But thanks for the compliment! :)

And yes THE NAYRU'S VORTEX. It's the only thing that makes Zelda dittos worth it, haha!

And it's 3:30 over there? Get some sleep! :p (the irony is strong here lmao)
----------------------
Btw thanks Nairo for helping me improve so much!
I usually "observe" Nairo's play and I find it so helpful??? And fun to watch too. I'd love to go to a tourney as well but.. there are no such thing in the United Kingdom, well, they're pretty much non-existent.

I actually didn't know Nayru's vortex was a thing! This was literally the only Zelda ditto I've ever played... ever. :halfsheep:
Welp, I shall sleepy sleep now. I'm pretty lucky I don't have an early start tomorrow, hell yeah. Goodnight, everyone!!! This is probably riddled with typos, but I'm too sleepy to care

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
So I just had this idea: what if Zelda could hold enemies in her multihits indefinitely? Infinite Nayru's and Usmash :bluejump:
but sakurai would add sdi multipliers of 100000000000000

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Falco slower by 60%
He meant that fastfalling increases a character's base fall speed by 60%. This is true for all characters in Smash 4 except Link who gets a 90% boost. I brought it up because IIRC Wolf's fastfall in Brawl was the same as his normal falling speed (ergo it didn't do anything).

Falco's blaster
I don't think it's been balanced in any Smash game, though Melee was probably the closest since it wasn't absolutely ridiculous like Brawl or mostly pointless like in Smash 4.

What's the startup on his blaster now and what's the endlag? It needs a happy medium but, like I said, it's hard to strike since by its design it's a very powerful tool.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Why didn't they just keep the frame data on the blasters like Brawl/Melee but remove SH Lasering? Unless I'm being dumb and the frame data is what allowed SHLing...

EDIT: But the fall speed also influenced SHLing, right?

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
What's the startup on his blaster now and what's the endlag? It needs a happy medium but, like I said, it's hard to strike since by its design it's a very powerful tool.
Single shot is 11F active 59F FAF grounded, 9F 50F aerial

There's less time between shots if firing repeatedly but I'm less sure of how the data on that works out

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
I usually "observe" Nairo's play and I find it so helpful??? And fun to watch too. I'd love to go to a tourney as well but.. there are no such thing in the United Kingdom, well, they're pretty much non-existent.
Lol no. Sis, UK is p active for Smash, especially PM & Melee (the best Snake player in the world, Professor Pro, is from England).

I highly recommend you join the SmashUK group on Facebook (if you don't have one, make one) so you keep up to date with everything https://www.facebook.com/groups/SmashUK/

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Why didn't they just keep the frame data on the blasters like Brawl/Melee but remove SH Lasering? Unless I'm being dumb and the frame data is what allowed SHLing...

honestly I don't even think fox should have a projectile
Currently harassing @ChuDat and trying to get him to main Zelda
can we just get you a business card since you to do this to people more often then I'd like

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
gorls I figured out a super slow but effective way of arranging music

mission accomplishT

Matsushi

True Blood
Lol no. Sis, UK is p active for Smash, especially PM & Melee (the best Snake player in the world is from England).

I highly recommend you join the SmashUK group on Facebook (if you don't have one, make one) so you keep up to date with everything https://www.facebook.com/groups/SmashUK/
Ayyyyyy, thank you! I'll check those links out tomorrow morning since I'm drained, though that Snake player is Professor Pro, right? That's pretty interesting to hear actually, I kind of assumed it was simply just the UK because there are no tournaments in my area at all, and if there were any, I would've found out about them OTL. Once again though, thank you! And goodnight~ :halfsheep:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Do share

I want a piano version of the Legendary Air Ride Machine. I don't mean to brag but I'm quite adept at completing them.:cool:
It really only works for single-note progressions.

- find the right tempo
- go through the song. Progress one note at a time and enter each note into Anvil Studio or other similar computer-based music creator, playing the song (both the original and your arrangement) up until that note (no more, otherwise your brain will probably get confused) to see if it's right. If it is, move on to the next note, otherwise adjust the current note until it is correct or as close to it as possible.

Pretty time consuming and once you get to chords you're on your own lol

BTW I'm only doing this because there are very few arrangements of Xenoblade music. Legendary Air Ride Machine is probably on the internet somewhere lol

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Oh.

I thought you were arranging original music.

That's what I like to do...

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Sorry @ Ffamran Ffamran I've never been into parkour, so I just can't scale your walls of text.
Fine, more Mirror's Edge for me. :p

Cult? Please have a little respect for other's beliefs, we're not youtube or whatever here, I don't want you insulting something like that just cause you think it's funny.
Compared to the Jehovah's Witnesses, the Falco Witness would be a cult. It has one member, is not recognized, and sucks. Meanwhile, an actual, recognized, and well-to-do faith...

Edit: Whoops. Lots of stuff on my mind, so I forgot about this. If I offended anyone with that previous joke, I'm sorry. I did not mean to offend anyone and it's more of a(nother) jab at Falco.

He meant that fastfalling increases a character's base fall speed by 60%. This is true for all characters in Smash 4 except Link who gets a 90% boost. I brought it up because IIRC Wolf's fastfall in Brawl was the same as his normal falling speed (ergo it didn't do anything).
Wolf really has issues... Fastfall speed being the same, the meteor cancel shenanigans, and that one frame during his idle stance that looks like Fox's...

I don't think it's been balanced in any Smash game, though Melee was probably the closest since it wasn't absolutely ridiculous like Brawl or mostly pointless like in Smash 4.
Even then, it's pretty damn powerful in Melee. Y'know, if I was a developer for Smash and I couldn't figure out how to balance Falco's Blaster, I might just remove it and replace it with Reflector. I mean, it's already a better projectile. But what about Down Special, you might ask? Another Reflector that's stationary aka his old Reflector. :awesome:

Falco's Blaster end lag was pretty much the same from Melee and Brawl. In Melee, the startup for the first shot was frame 23, 24 frames per shot, and 57 frames of end lag for one shot on the ground; in the air, the startup was 13, 16 frames per shot, and 42 frames of end lag which meant nothing since it auto-canceled the moment Falco touched the ground. Source: http://smashboards.com/threads/falco-hitboxes-and-frame-data.300397/.

In Brawl, the startup for the first shot was frame 12 and there was 56 frames of end lag while in the air, the startup was frame 10, there was 41 frames of end lag, and it auto-canceled from frames 1 to 41. Nothing on the next firing shot frames, but it was much faster in the air in Brawl compared to Melee and Smash 4. Source: smashboards.com/threads/in-depth-falco-frame-data.308016/.

In Smash 4, the startup is as Lavani said; 13 frames of startup on the ground and 58 frames of end lag and 9 frames of startup in the air and 49 frames of end lag, but no auto-canceling. That's the main thing to answer Rickster. Everyone can practically short hop anything, but without auto-canceling, you can't really do much (insanity). Falco will get locked in the entire duration of Blaster if he short hops, full hops, or uses it on the ground. Contrast this with Ike who can auto-cancel his Fair and continue on after short hopping his Fair. The most, ridiculous, notorious, and most powerful auto-cancel would be Falco's Blaster and perhaps Marth's, but Marth had to be somewhat close to people while Falco could fire away and camp like an ***.

Edit 2: Edit Harder: On another note: I FINISHED IKE'S FRAME DATA! HELL YEAH.

Last edited:

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Currently harassing @ChuDat and trying to get him to main Zelda
It was only a matter of time.
Even then, it's pretty damn powerful in Melee. Y'know, if I was a developer for Smash and I couldn't figure out how to balance Falco's Blaster, I might just remove it and replace it with Reflector. I mean, it's already a better projectile. But what about Down Special, you might ask? Another Reflector that's stationary aka his old Reflector. :awesome:
I approve of this.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Compared to the Jehovah's Witnesses, the Falco Witness would be a cult. It has one member, is not recognized, and sucks. Meanwhile, an actual, recognized, and well-to-do faith...
I don't think religious intolerance is part of your job description as a moderator.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I just got my shield broken from 170% Lucario's getup attack what is this garbage game
from ledge or ground?
because all grounded get up attacks have bonus shield damage and hit twice. Both hits will break shields

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
OMFG THE LADY IN THE PLANE HER NAME IS ROSETTA

ROSETTA AND CHIKO

UP AIR UP AIR

UTILT KILLS AT 14%

SEE YOU ON MONDAY GORLS

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
So I was doing Classic Mode and I threw out Bowser's Usmash randomly and Master Hand's fireball just went right through me.

With some equipment on, Master Clone was doing 25% for each Dtilt he did on me too.

wtf @ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer why you main such a stupid character

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
from ledge or ground?
because all grounded get up attacks have bonus shield damage and hit twice. Both hits will break shields
I've shielded plenty of ground getup attacks, both hits, and never had my shield broken. I know they do extra shield damage and high aura Lucario's breaking my shield is logical from that but it's still a silly mechanic. Then again, I probably deserved to have my shield broken if he got that high when I was Little Mac, lol.

Last edited:

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
Palutena's backwards ledge grab is such a weird looking glitch

"don't mind me I'm just shoving my hand inside a stage"
She's a goddess she can do whatever the **** she wants.
Actually though, she can do whatever she wants cuz she Sakurai

Nairo

Banned via Administration
idk @ Nairo Nairo since your probably reading this after the tournament. Did you use Zelda at Smash-4ever?
Yes I did for the rest 2 rounds but they were offstream (zelda rosa and zelda kirby) I went pit game 2 vs the kirby to see howd I do since I usually go zelda vs every kirby I did about the same lolol

Top Bottom