• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
I have quite literally no one to play against... Ugh....

My smash skills have gone down the drain a bit I think and I need some practice on 3DS. Anyone want to help lil' ol' me?

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Where ya moving to? Out west? Down south? Atlantic Canada where I live? Across the ocean?
I'm moving to Toronto which means new school. :( And I'm going to miss all my friends. And honestly I'm scared that the people at my new school will think of me as that weird, geeky Korean girl that sucks at sports and plays video games and I won't make any friends.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
ded

this is why miiverse should be completely blown up like what happened to Final Fantasy 14

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I have quite literally no one to play against... Ugh....

My smash skills have gone down the drain a bit I think and I need some practice on 3DS. Anyone want to help lil' ol' me?
I'd take you up on this if I didn't lose my 3DS charger lol

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I'll stop by later, social is getting too weird fuh my taste :224:
I'm sorry that I've part of why you have obtained a bit of brain cancer from this social, sis. ∑ (Ω ∆ Ω ;; )

I need some pop really badly...

I'm about to crash and my room mate's boyfriend is over and they're being all lovey dovey in front of me... :/

Halp.
Make it awkward for them to tell them what it feels like. >=)

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
I'm moving to Toronto which means new school. :( And I'm going to miss all my friends. And honestly I'm scared that the people at my new school will think of me as that weird, geeky Korean girl that sucks at sports and plays video games and I won't make any friends.
Surely there will be at least 1 person who has similar interests.

If nothing else, you got friends here.
On the bright side, at least :4rob: Ford ain't the mayor there anymore.

Got a ton of good laughs out of him though.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Arrow is making me unproductive. Argh.
Arrow Season 2 went like this for me.

Well, I guess I'll watch a few episodes before I go to bed.
1 more can't hurt.
1 more can't hurt.
repeat until season is finished.
Well, I guess I didn't sleep, time to get ready for work!

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Most people in high school are stupid and you should not associate with them. College is better in that most people are kinda there for a reason (paying for education is enough incentive to actually be mature about it). But because there's so much people out there, it's actually hard to make friends. :/

Just be yourself in high school, and you'll find yourself blending well with a select group of people that will hopefully become good friends. Don't force yourself onto friendships where it's all oil and water.

AND STAY AWAY FROM SKETCHY PEOPLE BECAUSE THEY ARE SKETCHY.
Be friendly to everyone and don't talk behind people's backs!
I say befriend the sketchy kids, they usually need it the most and their lives are super interesting!

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
According to the smash wiki, every character in Smash 4 has a speed increase of 60%.

Chances are 99.9% Wolf would have the same increase.

Also I second what's in the spoiler tag.

The music also played a big factor imo.
Minus Falco... His dash speed increased from 1.432 to 1.472, walk speed stayed the same at 1.28, air speed stayed the same 0.893 while Fox's was increased from 0.89 to 0.96, and fall speed 1.708 went up to 1.8 which Wolf's fall speed. Well, that's okay, right? Wrong: double the startup on Dash Attack and Fair, from 4 to 8 and 6 to 12; Dair gaining 11 frames of startup from 5 to 16 - Wolf's Dair startup -, Dair also gained 14 frames of landing lag, Side Smash gained 1 frame of start up from 16 to 17, Reflector, I think, gained 1 frame of startup from 4 to 5, standing grab gained 2 frames of startup from 6 to 8 making his grab slower than Smash 4 Ganondorf and Melee Falco's grab by 1, Nair gained 6 frames of landing lag, Fair lost 1, and Blaster lost its auto-cancel ability and kept its crap end lag which might have increased from Brawl. If anything, Falco became slower by "60%" and I bet Mewtwo became faster since it has little end lag on its moves like Down Smash, but then again, I didn't play as the bobblehead Pokémon in Melee a lot.

Posted early unintentionally, lol.

Falco's Blaster is a projectile that is fundamentally difficult to balance. It's a long-range transcendent projectile that puts the opponent in minor stun, meaning it can interrupt basically any action. I'm personally fine with the shorter ranged but balancing the end lag is the hard part. It should be able to cancel into itself quicker than another action (which it can) but the exact numbers there are tricky to manage.
Except it wasn't balanced and made worse in a sense of being broken good and worse for the rest of the cast in Brawl. Increased range and rate of fire made it even more broken than in Melee.

Maybe the main reason it has issues is that it can continually fire. It makes sense for Fox to have a Blaster that can continually fire since it would be really stupid for him to only fire once, holster, and only do 1%. If Fox kept his 64 Blaster, nothing would really change other than he can stun instead of rack up damage with Blaster. Sure, in Melee, we would have an even stronger projectile game while in Brawl, I can't see him going beyond high-mid even with an auto-cancel 64 Blaster since a lot of stuff went against him like chaingrabs and random tripping making his dash almost dangerous to use. And the major thing: he can only fire once. That alone would stop his Blaster from being broken and that alone stopped Luigi's current Fireball from being broken. I mean, could you imagine Luigi's Fireball, Mario's Fast Fireball, Rosalina's Shooting Star Bits, and Fox's Impact Blaster being able to fire continually? Or if the Pits and Links never had to put away their bows and just continued to nock arrows or if Samus's Charge Shot functioned like in Metroid and they could continually fire their projectiles? Thing is that some of them don't have set knockback like Falco's Blaster and some of them have really low end lag meaning continuous fire would be killer. There would need to major changes and those changes have to done almost perfectly or you end up with Falco's Blaster. A projectile that has distance, but is really unsafe even from max distance.

He was a clone in Melee, so people would justify his Blaster being able to fire continually, but here's the thing. Like Ganondorf and Roy, they had some moves with their own animation. Falco's was his Blaster and even then, they could have just made it fire once which funny enough, people did in Melee by auto-canceling the air shot and firing again. It was basically like fire once, holster, move forward, and fire again. Wolf does that too in Brawl, but he could do it without auto-cancel since the end lag was short and his Blaster is much safer up close with that bayonet. Falco also doesn't even need that range since with auto-cancel he can fire at point blank, stun, and follow up with something else. Brawl made it worse by that increased fire rate which let him fire twice before moving forward. Nobody could do that and nobody can do that, especially at that range where Falco could control the entire stage with his Blaster. Really? The fact it auto-canceled should have tipped the developers off something was wrong with his Blaster.

Falco or rather, nobody really needs a projectile that can stun and continually fire; Fox needs a projectile that can continually rapid fire because it does no hit stun. He doesn't need that range, he doesn't need that rapid fire capability, and he doesn't need that auto-cancel to have a good projectile. What he needs is a safe projectile which a 64 Blaster, Impact Blaster (with his current Blaster's hit stun), or Wolf's Blaster would be fine.

The other clones as in only Ganondorf had their transition from game to game pretty well. Ganondorf went from being a slower - despite his insane jab - clone of Captain Falcon to a walking tank. Well, in Brawl stuff just wrecked him because of how Brawl worked. His design, however, just worked as a walking tank who was screwed over by the game. In Melee, he still worked, but was border-lining broken because he was decently mobile and really strong. Falco was a mess of design choices. Ignore his broken Blaster and in Melee, he's well-designed since he was a clone of a well-designed character like Ganondorf was and his flaws such as fall speed and air speed conflicting and basically, mobility stop him from being really, really broken. Then you go to Brawl... What is Falco even supposed to be or do? Ganondorf had changes to Ftilt and Dtilt that in animation showed power in a simple and brutal way and Up Smash being a single hit meant it was a clean shot of it'll kill instead of having to deal with two hits. Even before that, he already had an Utilt that suggests his punishing nature and his Fair already worked as a powerful move that while slow, was simple compared to needing to sweet-spot Captain Falcon's Fair. Falco? Falco continued to mimic Fox with only Reflector in my opinion suggesting he's more than just a slower Fox - it's advancing nature makes it seem like he's an aggressive anti-zoner. Fair was a reanimated and less useful version of Fox's, Utilt does two hits instead of one and covers the front more than the back, Ftilt retained Melee's animation and had slightly more range, Dtilt was just a stronger version of Fox's, Side Smash just had less range - as in like Fox's wheel kick moving range - while being transcendent - well, it is in Smash 4 if I noted it correctly -, and jab was just a reanimated and slightly safer version of Fox's jab. At least Uair was a front flip which nobody uses as everyone backflips and then there's Nair which combos... Everything else stayed the same from Melee. There wasn't much evolution to his design and now, he has Wolf's stuff: Bair's animation, Up Smash in function, and Dair's startup. Okay... Ganondorf and Luigi were polished as semi-clones with Luigi feeling like his own character since Brawl. Falco just continues to be this mess where yes, stuff works a bit better like Fair, but think about it: Fox could do the same Fair edgeguard if his fall speed was a bit slower of if he had a much better jump. Funny thing is he sort of can if he fast falls Fair so it doesn't hit with the last hit and Falco's Fair is technically just a slower version of Fox's with a landing hitbox and even then, it's much more unsafe because of the landing lag and startup. Part of me feels like some of design was kept unchanged because of feeling that he would alienate people if he was his own character and part of me feels like he was shoehorned in with stuff just thrown together to say, "Well, here's Falco. He's still in the game."

Get out. You're not MLG enough to hang with the cool kids.

And take @ Ffamran Ffamran with you, he's been stealing all of the scented napkins ever.
BUT THEY SMELL SO GOOD!

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Don't let that happen ya'll like in brawl when it was me Ed and Riot left ;o;. We were like Destiny's Child
are you going to evo? anyways i really wish i could go to tournaments but the size of the tounament scene in my region is as high as sheiks kill potenial

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Surely there will be at least 1 person who has similar interests.

If nothing else, you got friends here.
Why thank you. :) And my friends say that the new school is small so I don't have to worry about snobby kids having their own little group. :/

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Good games @ Matsushi Matsushi ! Your characters still demolish me, especially that Marth. I don't see much of him anywhere anymore though.

Too bad the lag was kinda bad :c. I was getting some big input lag all of a sudden on Delfino.

EDIT: Oh it turns out my phone decided to auto update something :glare:. That's probably what caused the Delfino match trouble.

Last edited:

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
Would you like to speak about our lord and failure? Falco's Witness, the new cult started by a duck. :p
Cult? Please have a little respect for other's beliefs, we're not youtube or whatever here, I don't want you insulting something like that just cause you think it's funny.

Top Bottom