• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Wait, you think she's top of mid??? I wasn't talking about you tho. I actually wanna hear why you think she's that good
Getting early kills in this game is very good which Zelda can get. She's pretty solid too, her range, damage output, and kill power are good. She has great combos, and one of the best offstage games. She's also nearly ungimpable and now after the patch, she has reliable kill moves. Her MUs aren't that bad at all. Nayrus love is a really good more for pressure breaking. Yes her approaches are limited but IMO it's not that hard. I see her from high mid-tier to low high-tier.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206

Sorry but onions are the antichrist, and I don't know what it is about tomatoes because I like tomato-based sauces but hate actual tomatoes. Bacon I don't really care for unless it's on a burger. I keep my pizzas simple, sausage and mushrooms. Occasionally feta cheese.

I can get behind spinach and basil though.
Quick poll, Zelderps: onions good or bad?

The plus with frozen pizzas I'd that it takes care of the meat for you (but you can still add bacon because bacon)

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
gurls so I was trying to get a :152:and the :154: I had was japanese so I techincally did the MM and I got a shiny on the FIRST EGG. Any names?
I have a Shiny Chikorita too! :D (Well, it's a Meganium now.) Whats the gender?
Edit: Wow, my first page steal. :drohyou:

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I'm such an idiot. Bought something at the store with a security tag that never got removed. Tried taking it apart myself at home and the security ink spilled... hope it washes out but I imagine it is permanent. My fault but I'm not happy with the incompetence of the cashier.

Damn me and my laziness.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Good games @ Fernosaur Fernosaur ! Didn't play my best but it was fun~

Dat Villager frame data too good can't punish. And lmao Mii Brawl killing at 50% twice in the same match pls ban

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Good games @ Fernosaur Fernosaur ! Didn't play my best but it was fun~

Dat Villager frame data too good can't punish. And lmao Mii Brawl killing at 50% twice in the same match pls ban
Yeah I think it was impossible to play at our bests, man. Some matches were laggy as hell :(, specially that last one. **** my beaner internet. I honestly have no idea what to do to make my connection better oTL

Also I **** my pants when you reflected the pocketed Phantom, hahaha. THAT DI THO.

Also, **** Nayru's on Wifi :'D

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Yeah I think it was impossible to play at our bests, man. Some matches were laggy as hell :(, specially that last one. **** my beaner internet. I honestly have no idea what to do to make my connection better oTL

Also I **** my pants when you reflected the pocketed Phantom, hahaha. THAT DI THO.

Also, **** Nayru's on Wifi :'D
Don't worry, my connection is patchy at times so it might be just the two together causing the issues. Spam Nayru's on Wifi. ALWAYS WORKS~ :^)

I want to start a new trend gorls~. Post your win rate with your top 5 most played characters in Sm4sh! Win rates are sliiiightly inflated because sometimes I fight my brother offline and it's usually free wins. :/

:4zelda:63.2%
:4zss:48.0%
:4falco:62.5%
:4ganondorf:58.8%
:4palutena:59.4%

Last edited:

Spirst

I'd tell Reserved to join in but judging by the way he posts, he's drunk 24/7 anyway.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Made it home. **** yeah.

Now I'm waiting to get picked up to go to dinner and drink sake with sushi, and then drink more after dinner.

It's a celebration day, so it's okay to cut loose.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Made it home. **** yeah.

Now I'm waiting to get picked up to go to dinner and drink sake with sushi, and then drink more after dinner.

It's a celebration day, so it's okay to cut loose.
What are you celebrating if you don't mind me asking?

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Don't worry, my connection is patchy at times so it might be just the two together causing the issues. Spam Nayru's on Wifi. ALWAYS WORKS~ :^)

I want to start a new trend gorls~. Post your win rate with your top 5 most played characters in Sm4sh! Win rates are sliiiightly inflated because sometimes I fight my brother offline and it's usually free wins. :/

:4zelda:63.2%
:4zss:48.0%
:4falco:62.5%
:4ganondorf:58.8%
:4palutena:59.4%
:4wiifitm:86.8%
:4zelda:71.4%
:4lucina:61.0%
:4pikachu:69.7%
:rosalina:70.1%

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
gurls so I was trying to get a :152:and the :154: I had was japanese so I techincally did the MM and I got a shiny on the FIRST EGG. Any names?
gimme
Luma (japanesse name is chiko)

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
>Looks at the Rosalina MU thread
>Looks at the date
>

Oh god tomorrow the Rosalinas will discuss Greninja.

I wonder what BS will @lmostLegendary say there if he does say something.

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Mother's day, Zeldas should pay a visit to Rosalinda and wish her a happy mothers day.

and make fun of how half of the rosa boards consider her a milf

If this is a double post. Lol birthday privileges.

Edit: Got greninja'd in the best way.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
>Looks at the Rosalina MU thread
>Looks at the date
>

Oh god tomorrow the Rosalinas will discuss Greninja.

I wonder what BS will AlmostLegendary say there if he does say something.
Thanks for reminding me that only the Lucina, Link, Greninja, and Rosalina boards seriously talked about the Falco MU. Every other board has him mentioned at best and when he's mentioned, he's debunked immediately as any threat to them. The Mewtwo board already has him debunked because nobody good enough plays as him.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Oh. I thought name search was case sensitive.

Also how are you guys getting those win rates?
Victories/Battles, round to nearest tenth.

I used the online tab for good measure, I do too much labbing against CPUs to use overall stats.

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Victories/Battles, round to nearest tenth.

I used the online tab for good measure, I do too much labbing against CPUs to use overall stats.
Oh god MATH
:4kirby: ~ 61.2% of 333 battles
:4shulk: ~ 58.5% of 347 battles
I'm just gonna put those two because the next three are characters I've barely played so the win rates look decievingly high.
And one of them is Sonic wtf

Last edited:

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
****. I'm too tipsy to drive confidently. So instead I'm sitting in my car hoping you gorls will entertain me as I sober up a little more.

ENTERTAIN ME.
Gorl....

don't mix alcohol and driving, period.

Getting early kills in this game is very good which Zelda can get. She's pretty solid too, her range, damage output, and kill power are good. She has great combos, and one of the best offstage games. She's also nearly ungimpable and now after the patch, she has reliable kill moves. Her MUs aren't that bad at all. Nayrus love is a really good more for pressure breaking. Yes her approaches are limited but IMO it's not that hard. I see her from high mid-tier to low high-tier.
"Can" is the key word -- she can if the opponent makes a bad mistake and over-commits to an attack. If the opponent is not doing that, or like many top tier characters has very few laggy attacks, then that "can" is very difficult or unlikely. With Zelda's weight and floatiness and attacks that are super punishable, she's highly susceptible to getting KO'd early as well.

Her range isn't that great to be honest. With f-tilt and d-smash getting range nerfs and her f-smash's full range not coming out till frame 24, her range is probably slightly above average. What makes it even worse for her is that for some reason characters have some crazy disjointed range on this that shouldn't be disjointed (Peach f-air, Falcon lol), and characters (like Diddy) that should have range limitations because of their size have their limbs stretch more than they should -- like Pit's f-smash has his sword stretch and get longer on the second hit (at least it looks like it, same with his up-smash), which gives him decent range when his range should be poor because his swords/bow are short. Yet Zelda, who has magic and could logically hit further than her physical range, gets range nerfs <_<

Her damage output is good - agreed.

Good kill power - what does she really have besides moves that require hard reads or hard punishing? F-smash is pretty powerful, but because she's light other characters can kill her just as early if not earlier with their smash attacks. F-tilt, d-smash, and up-smash have "okay" KO power. Other characters can score kills much easier near the ledge at moderately high percents because of decently powerful and easy to land aerials. Generally, if the opponent is playing just as well as you are, Zelda will be dying just as early or earlier than her opponent - and KO power is supposed to be her biggest strength ("reliable and explosive attack power" / "her light moves belie devastatingly powerful magical attacks").

Her recovery and off-stage game are great - agreed.

No her MUs are pretty bad.

Her having limited approaches is a huge problem when the opponent gets the % lead and can force an approach. And her defensive options aren't nearly as good as they were in Brawl thanks to F-smash's lag increase and d-smash and up-smash nerfs, so when she gets the lead and can force an approach it can be difficult to maintain it because she can't keep people out either.

She's not mid-tier; she's bottom 10 at best, and more likely bottom 5.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Gorl....

don't mix alcohol and driving, period.
Agreed. Which is why I sat in my car for literally 30 minutes before driving home until I felt sober enough to drive.

DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE. Driving tipsy is as unsafe as Nayru's Love on shield.

Edit: I see what you were getting at. The confidently was more, "I'm tipsy. I don't want to/don't feel confident or comfortable driving period." While I do believe I'm a better driver than 95% of the people on the road, driving impaired is never a good idea.

Edit harder: Any tipsy is too tipsy for driving. "Sober enough" for me is completely sober. Wording is hard when trying to be more PC than I'm used to.

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Thanks for reminding me that only the Lucina, Link, Greninja, and Rosalina boards seriously talked about the Falco MU. Every other board has him mentioned at best and when he's mentioned, he's debunked immediately as any threat to them. The Mewtwo board already has him debunked because nobody good enough plays as him.
I just feel that instantly dismissing a character like that to be really close minded. Just because a character is considered to be mediocre/bad doesn't mean you shouldn't at least have a legit discussion about the MU against him, especially because it never hurts to have more knowledge on their gameplan and what advantages they do have against you.

Plus it's just rude.

Oh by the way:

:4greninja:: 76,4%

Lavani has a higher win rate with Greninja than I do =V

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Oh by the way:

:4greninja:: 76,4%

Lavani has a higher win rate with Greninja than I do =V
You probably fight tougher opponents than I do V=

I just feel that instantly dismissing a character like that to be really close minded. Just because a character is considered to be mediocre/bad doesn't mean you shouldn't at least have a legit discussion about the MU against him, especially because it never hurts to have more knowledge on their gameplan and what advantages they do have against you.
I agree with this too, particularly considering there isn't a character in this game that is so laughably bad that they lose convincingly to everyone.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
In Villager's defense we don't do scheduled MUs and @Sonsa MU extraordinaire has posted on falco AND we went to talk about Villager vs Falco on the falco boards

Top Bottom