• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Open world PVP servers are garbage. Just doing quests and some random asshole stealth class and bops my ass. Either that or they help the enemy mobs bop me.

Gooooooood. **** stealthers

Last edited:

Soul.

Grinding is an amazing experience if done right. Smash bros 3DS is a crap example of grinding. Games like SWTOR and Xenoblade are good examples of games that make grinding "rewarding" and tolerable
You forgot Smash Wii U. That's also **** at grinding
pokémon grinding though

Last edited:
Good pick of character

The game is fun when I use Zelda. I mean, the game is still pretty meh over all but yeah

~~

You know what's fun though in MMO's? Being the stealth guy in PvP :secretkpop:

Being the healer is a pain though. Like, 90% of the blame goes to you (I remember when people blamed me for my crap healing even if I tried my best) :(

There are also those times where my brother tried to carry but it didn't work. Those times are just painful. Lmao. Kind of like League of Legends, right? LOL

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I know I'm a bit late on saying this, but I think Gengar is a stupid choice for Pokken. We could have had any Pokemon and the one chosen was Clefable's lame shadow with an oversized tongue. Even if it had to be a ghost Pokemon, there are a ton of cooler Pokemon. Mismagius, Jellicent, Banette, Chandelure, Sableye, and Trevenant are way better and more suitable (especially Banette, Mismagius, and Chandelure). Gengar is lame and awful and a stupid Pokemon.

tl;dr Gengar was an awful choice and I'm disappointed that he was chosen.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
idk, I spent a long time playing RPGs and MMOs and after awhile I was just like "wait, why am I even wasting time on all this grinding? For what purpose?"

And so I dropped MMOs entirely and, realizing that the best part of RPGs is boss fights and that they're even better if you don't grind and overlevel, stopped wasting time grinding and just jump straight to the good parts (which are even better now!)

Being the healer is a pain though. Like, 90% of the blame goes to you (I remember when people blamed me for my crap healing even if I tried my best) :(
oh god this too, I love playing healers but you get so much crap blamed on you even when it isn't your fault

"WTF WHY DID I DIE YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO HEAL ME"
"EVEN WITH A HEALER YOU CAN'T GO *THAT* HAM"

Uncertain Title

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4296-3238-9292
You forgot Smash Wii U. That's also **** at grinding
pokémon grinding though
Although it also helps in Xenoblade that it gives you generous amounts of EXP when you go exploring ^ ^
Edit: Replied to the wrong comment. My bad XD

Last edited:
Tank: AYT. Ima go against 5 guys. You better heal me
Healer: Um wait---

*Battle starts*
*Healing isn't enough*
*Tank dies*
*I die*

Tank: Wtf. You suck at healing
Healer: How about you weigh your odds?

Then there are those derp DPS players that are like, "HUR DUR IM THE FRONT LINER TANK MVP ****." Melee DPS stereotypes

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur

There are also those times where my brother tried to carry but it didn't work. Those times are just painful. Lmao. Kind of like League of Legends, right? LOL
idk, I spent a long time playing RPGs and MMOs and after awhile I was just like "wait, why am I even wasting time on all this grinding? For what purpose?"

And so I dropped MMOs entirely and, realizing that the best part of RPGs is boss fights and that they're even better if you don't grind and overlevel, stopped wasting time grinding and just jump straight to the good parts (which are even better now!)

oh god this too, I love playing healers but you get so much crap blamed on you even when it isn't your fault

The only MMO I consistently played was Ragnarok Online, and I loved being the Priest (healer) there. The rest of the jobs were pretty boring for me because it was mostly just click and that's it. I liked being the healer because it ALWAYS needed to have your undivided attention hahahaha. It was stressful as **** sometimes, though, specially if you were the only healer in the party.

Man, those were fun times. Any of you girls play an MMO right now? I feel like I could join one for kicks and just roll out.

Oh, I also like playing tanks a lot. Those two party roles are the only ones I'm good at because DPSs depend too much on equipment and I really hate grinding :c

@ Cenizas Cenizas haha count me in that too~

Last edited:
I'd love to be a tank but they usually ask for what your gear is

so um... nah.

Ranged DPS is the easiest role ever. Usually going single-target. AoE DPS isn't my thing. Damage-over-time is boring also. I like burst DPS even though DoTs deal more average DPS anyway.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Well, tbh I don't really play MMOs with people I don't know. I'm pretty busy in general, so when I do give myself some free time to play an MMO it's mostly because I wanna play with friends. It's cool in that way because even if the party isn't that good you're just having fun and it's like "**** the rest." It's also cool to help each other out in getting equipment, and if someone doesn't have the right equipment yet no one gives him ****.

At least it's like that in my group of friends, and we function pretty well even without optimal gear.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I got really tired of grinding for rare materials in Hyrule Warriors. It was fun for a while but I never completed adventure mode. Some level 3 weapon missions that force you to use a bad character/weapon are a pain.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I don't really play MMOs but Healer is always the most interesting class and I would definitely be a healer if I did play MMOs.

Also lol how2:025:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I feel like Grinding is a huge pain in Monster Hunter. Since I've had to wait WAY too much to try and get remaining items for Mosgharl Armour. :c

But I got SUPER lucky in MH4U, got myself a Tarnished Sword which I can make into some really good equipment... shame I use the Insect Glaive. :c

Rizen

Smash Legend
I feel like Grinding is a huge pain in Monster Hunter. Since I've had to wait WAY too much to try and get remaining items for Mosgharl Armour. :c

But I got SUPER lucky in MH4U, got myself a Tarnished Sword which I can make into some really good equipment... shame I use the Insect Glaive. :c
Yeah I played MH Tri and MH 3 Ultimate. Those had some stupid rare materials with a 2% drop chance. A trading system with other players where you could trade materials of equal rareness would have fixed the problem. I had good luck with some things like Azure Dragon Sapphires but terrible luck with A Lagi Dynamos for example.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Yeah I played MH Tri and MH 3 Ultimate. Those had some stupid rare materials with a 2% drop chance. A trading system with other players where you could trade materials of equal rareness would have fixed the problem. I had good luck with some things like Azure Dragon Sapphires but terrible luck with A Lagi Dynamos for example.
I know that feeling. I had to wait till I was about 8* Quest Rank before I could get Novascrystals for my Chakra Armour. But at least it is SUPER fun, and that ProJared is a massive fan about it. But I just hate the Capture Quests. "Capture a Monoblos". NO, I almost failed a quest to that git! >:C

Uncertain Title

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4296-3238-9292

That's probably one of the biggest reasons why I didn't buy MH4. Didn't want to sacrifice a ton of time into it.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Tank: AYT. Ima go against 5 guys. You better heal me
Healer: Um wait---

*Battle starts*
*Healing isn't enough*
*Tank dies*
*I die*

Tank: Wtf. You suck at healing
Healer: How about you weigh your odds?

Then there are those derp DPS players that are like, "HUR DUR IM THE FRONT LINER TANK MVP ****." Melee DPS stereotypes
All of this is why I didn't play Medic as much as I would've liked to in TF2.

In pub servers you just ride the ass of whoever's highest on the scoreboard with soldier/heavy/demoman and pray to god he doesn't just run deep into bases and die repeatedly, and then also pray to god you aren't actually better at their class than they are and just end up switching to it and doing their job better (which happens a lot in pubs)

Then in pugs it's like
Okay, we're going to have a pocket soldier that's definitely better at playing solider than me, but I can't play medic and be happy because if I spread healing around when able like I know I should, whoever I'm not healing is going to whine if they die, and if I just stick to the pocket everyone else is going to *****...

I kinda just stuck to Scout because it was a pretty independent class and I just did my own thing or helped the pocket duo out with what they were doing as I saw them do it, much less stressful (and kinda more fun on offense, though I had to be on point to be useful instead of just going off game knowledge [rip me]).

And then when I get into a highlander team I'm like "OKAY NO MORE OF FIGHTING OVER CLASSES I CAN JUST PLAY PYRO AND TAKE IT EASY" but we had another guy who should be playing Scout but just randomly decided he would play Pyro constantly and would stir **** up if I didn't switch to Demoman for him even though I was a godawful Demoman and me and everyone else on the team knew it so either we'd waste a bunch of time ******** over who plays what or one of us would just get forced to sit out and the leader would throw in a ringer. Usually I was the one staying in but STILL

:shaker::shaker::shaker::shaker::shaker::shaker::shaker::shaker::shaker::shaker:

The only MMO I consistently played was Ragnarok Online, and I loved being the Priest (healer) there. The rest of the jobs were pretty boring for me because it was mostly just click and that's it. I liked being the healer because it ALWAYS needed to have your undivided attention hahahaha. It was stressful as **** sometimes, though, specially if you were the only healer in the party.

Man, those were fun times. Any of you girls play an MMO right now? I feel like I could join one for kicks and just roll out.
I bounced between
uh
god I don't remember class names
generic mage class and the chemist types that had pets you could script the AI for (EmbarrassEmbarrassEmbarrassEmbarrassEmbarrass)
that was actually the MMO that made me realize "Wait, what is all this clicking doing for me, and what's it all leading up to?"

So then I jumped to Elsword because it had really unique and entertaining gameplay which lent itself well to PvP and an easy-to-reach level cap...but the company that made that game is **** and the company that localized it is **** and the community is ****...and to top it off they didn't use rollback netcoding so PvP with anyone that lived out of state from you was just a mashfest where you would warp and attack out of each other's combos... not to mention it was heavily gear-based so you weren't breaching top 20 without tons of time and cash investment!

Yeah, dropped. It had potential, but dropped. MMOs forever dropped.

/saltyrant

Last edited:

Uncertain Title

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4296-3238-9292
I've sunk quite a bit of time, just haven't reached G Rank Quests yet. One game I've sunk the most time into has to be Pokemon Y. I believe I have about 500+ Hours on that.
Fire Emblem: Awakening was like that for me. I misunderstood what the game was telling me and thought my character had to have the highest ranking relationship possible with every character in the game. I found out nearly 400 hours later I was wrong. (Although I can't say I regret it)

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070

In pub servers you just ride the *** of whoever's highest on the scoreboard with soldier/heavy/demoman and pray to god he doesn't just run deep into bases and die repeatedly, and then also pray to god you aren't actually better at their class than they are and just end up switching to it and doing their job better (which happens a lot in pubs)

Then in pugs it's like
Okay, we're going to have a pocket soldier that's definitely better at playing solider than me, but I can't play medic and be happy because if I spread healing around when able like I know I should, whoever I'm not healing is going to whine if they die, and if I just stick to the pocket everyone else is going to *****...

I kinda just stuck to Scout because it was a pretty independent class and I just did my own thing or helped the pocket duo out with what they were doing as I saw them do it, much less stressful (and kinda more fun on offense, though I had to be on point to be useful instead of just going off game knowledge [rip me]).

And then when I get into a highlander team I'm like "OKAY NO MORE OF FIGHTING OVER CLASSES I CAN JUST PLAY PYRO AND TAKE IT EASY" but we had another guy who should be playing Scout but just randomly decided he would play Pyro constantly and would stir **** up if I didn't switch to Demoman for him even though I was a godawful Demoman and me and everyone else on the team knew it so either we'd waste a bunch of time *****ing over who plays what or one of us would just get forced to sit out and the leader would throw in a ringer. Usually I was the one staying in but STILL

:shaker::shaker::shaker::shaker::shaker::shaker::shaker::shaker::shaker::shaker:
I had a match earlier on pl_upward. Entire team had about three Sentries and a BORING Sticky Demo. Was a Pyro and got Ubered, managed to destroy the entire defense from behind. But I did die in the end to that no fun Sticky Demo. :c (I always prefer DemoKnighting over Generic Demoman. DemoKnight is more fun and satisfying than just spamming Stickies like an unskilled rodent. Plus hate the Sticky Launcher because I play alot of Heavy & Engineer. :c)

Fire Emblem: Awakening was like that for me. I misunderstood what the game was telling me and thought my character had to have the highest ranking relationship possible with every character in the game. I found out nearly 400 hours later I was wrong. (Although I can't say I regret it)
Yeah, I've only married myself with Tharja, and just trying to get Donnel married to Sully. I feel like I could've married to Lucina too, but I'm fine with Tharja... as long as she don't go Yandere on my. ;_;

Last edited:

Soul.

I don't really play MMOs but Healer is always the most interesting class and I would definitely be a healer if I did play MMOs.

Also lol how2:025:
Master the beauty that is Quick Attack, QA(L)C included.
Then SH DAir.
Then OoS NAir.
Then combos.
Then HSB/FSmash jab locks.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

OH MY GOD.

PEACH IS TOP TIER.

TOAD 2BROKEN.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
> lose several matches to a good player on FG
> send him a friend request after communicating in game
> win a few more thanks to not feeling bad anymore
> he switches to Kirby and kills me with a Kirbycide
> delete friend

SO MAD LOL

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur

In pub servers you just ride the *** of whoever's highest on the scoreboard with soldier/heavy/demoman and pray to god he doesn't just run deep into bases and die repeatedly, and then also pray to god you aren't actually better at their class than they are and just end up switching to it and doing their job better (which happens a lot in pubs)

Then in pugs it's like

And then when I get into a highlander team I'm like "OKAY NO MORE OF FIGHTING OVER CLASSES I CAN JUST PLAY PYRO AND TAKE IT EASY" but we had another guy who should be playing Scout but just randomly decided he would play Pyro constantly and would stir **** up if I didn't switch to Demoman for him even though I was a godawful Demoman and me and everyone else on the team knew it so either we'd waste a bunch of time *****ing over who plays what or one of us would just get forced to sit out and the leader would throw in a ringer. Usually I was the one staying in but STILL

I bounced between
uh
god I don't remember class names
generic mage class and the chemist types that had pets you could script the AI for (EmbarrassEmbarrassEmbarrassEmbarrassEmbarrass)
that was actually the MMO that made me realize "Wait, what is all this clicking doing for me, and what's it all leading up to?"

So then I jumped to Elsword because it had really unique and entertaining gameplay which lent itself well to PvP and an easy-to-reach level cap...but the company that made that game is **** and the company that localized it is **** and the community is ****...and to top it off they didn't use rollback netcoding so PvP with anyone that lived out of state from you was just a mashfest where you would warp and attack out of each other's combos... not to mention it was heavily gear-based so you weren't breaching top 20 without tons of time and cash investment!

Yeah, dropped. It had potential, but dropped. MMOs forever dropped.

/saltyrant
Hahahahahahaha, yeah basically what you said. Ragnarok is definitely very lame in terms of gameplay but it's really fun to play with a group of friends in which everyone chooses their role with anticipation. Well, I guess every game can be fun with a good group, though.

I also gave up on MMOs a while ago. Most of them are either too grindy or their visuals and character and armor design are super appalling for me. Though I'm holding out for the possible US release of Final Fantasy Explorers. I haven't heard GREAT reviews of it but it looks fun to play with friends.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
I know I'm a bit late on saying this, but I think Gengar is a stupid choice for Pokken. We could have had any Pokemon and the one chosen was Clefable's lame shadow with an oversized tongue. Even if it had to be a ghost Pokemon, there are a ton of cooler Pokemon. Mismagius, Jellicent, Banette, Chandelure, Sableye, and Trevenant are way better and more suitable (especially Banette, Mismagius, and Chandelure). Gengar is lame and awful and a stupid Pokemon.

tl;dr Gengar was an awful choice and I'm disappointed that he was chosen.
:094:'s face = :troll:

On a serious note, I think it'd be pretty cool if :062:made it in if he hasn't. If nothing else, at least he's a fighting type.
I got really tired of grinding for rare materials in Hyrule Warriors. It was fun for a while but I never completed adventure mode. Some level 3 weapon missions that force you to use a bad character/weapon are a pain.
Yeah I can agree with this. Summoning gate, Deku Spear, (until I got good with it) Baton, Agitha are the biggest offenders for level 3 weapon missions.

That said, it's all worth it for the few good characters that are super fun to play. (1 in particular stands above the rest IMO;))

Soul.

I'm going to laugh if Pokkén gets Pokémon Type Wild (fan game)'s roster.
Like, Gengar/Gardevoir/Lucario were in that game lmao. Even Blaziken was in.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Dan's Peach is dumb. Don't let yourself be off stage ever.
Yeah I've played him before. Though tbh what I think is the scariest is the umbrella combos. Dan made me discover the umbrella can kill at like 70% by inserting it up my anus repeatedly.

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Yeah I've played him before. Though tbh what I think is the scariest is the umbrella combos. Dan made me discover the umbrella can kill at like 70% by inserting it up my anus repeatedly.
Can you play some games right now? I have some pre-game johns prepared.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Top Bottom