• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
oh boy competency tiers

Passable: :rosalina:
Laughable: :4luigi::4metaknight:
Rusty beyond recognition: :4greninja::4dedede:
Could probably beat me without touching your controller: :4mewtwo::4lucario:
Could definitely beat me without touching your controller: :4bowser::4roy::4falcon::4charizard::4darkpit::4pit::4diddy::4dk::4drmario::4duckhunt::4falco::4fox::4ganondorf::4gaw::4myfriends::4jigglypuff::4kirby::4littlemac::4link::4lucina::4mario::4marth::4megaman::4ness::4olimar::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword::4palutena::4pacman::4peach::4pikachu::4rob::4robinf::4samus::4sheik::4shulk::4sonic::4tlink::4villagerf::4wario2::4wiifit::4yoshi::4zelda::4zss:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Ever since p4u I knew i bhad a thing for WTF characters with a strong projectile game.
:4wiifitm:one day....

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
In my defense, Falco is my secondary, so he doesn't count as a main. Plus, I'm sorry to say this, but you just ain't my type, Falco. :c

I mean, I actually don't play too many fighting games, my list is basically:

Smash Bros: :4zelda:
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Jun the Swan/Chun-Li

But if I had the chance to play more fighting games, my mains would probably look like this:

Mortal Kombat: Kitana
Persona 4 Arena: Yukiko or Yukari
Street Fighter: Chun-Li or Decapre
Tekken: Asuka or Alisa

Among other things. :^)

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
In my defense, Falco is my secondary, so he doesn't count as a main. Plus, I'm sorry to say this, but you just ain't my type, Falco. :c

But if I had the chance to play more fighting games, my mains would probably look like this:

Tekken: Asuka or Alisa

Among other things. :^)
My first fighting game was Melee. But I never played it competitively. But as for fighting games go...

TvC: Volnutt/Ippatsu, Ryu/Alex/Tekkaman.
SSFIV3D (Retired): El Fuerte
UMvC3 (Retired): Hsien-Ko/Hulk/Iron Man, Frank/Hsien-Ko/Iron Man
P4A (Retired): Teddie
Skullgirls (Bored of it. Plus my Squig combos don't work anymore. ;_; ): Peacock/Cerebella/Squigly
BBCP (I SUCK at this game D: ): Kokonoe.
J-Stars Victory VS.: Gintoki, Ryoutsu, Tsuna, Johnathan.
Sm4sh: Bowser, Shulk, Lucina, Zelda.
Smash 64: Kirby, Yoshi.
Melty Blood Act Cadenza: Arcueid, Kohaku, Neco-Arc. (I ship ArcxKohaku and RiesbyfexSionxSatsuki. :3)

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Fighting game mains??

<-- Smash

other fighting games: pick Random then button mash

unless there's like a bear

then I play bear

Last edited:

Tekken: Asuka or Alisa)
TvC mains: Frank West, Tekkaman, Karas, Roll (Combination depends on my mood) OH AND ALEX
P4A: Same :^)
Street Fighter: Cody or Ryu
Tekken: Lee or Law

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Oh boy, other fighting games?

Immaterial and Missing Power: Patchouli
Melty Blood Act Cadenza: Len, V.Akiha, Akiha, Warachia (this game was hard for me to pick a main in ;;)
Scarlet Weather Rhapsody: Alice
Blazblue Calamity Trigger: Rachel
Guilty Gear Accent Core+: Ky
Hisoutensoku: Sanae
Blazblue Continuum Shift: Lambda, Tsubaki
Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend: Lambda

...I think that's everything I've played. I don't play any of them anymore though :')

EDIT: oh I played soul calibur 2 I guess but I remember literally nothing about that game

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Kitana is my MK main, too. Top tier waifu + blade fans = best character in the game.

D'Vorah is really fun to play in MKX and I'll probably main her and Kitana in that game. D'Vorah's kind of gross because she has this weird bug that lives inside her and it lives in a hole in her stomach, but she's cool enough that I can get past it. My friends think she's op so they hate when I use her, lol.

As for other fighting games, I don't really play them. I use Rose in SFIV and that's about it. I am very interested in playing Skullgirls, though.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
UMvC3 (Retired): Hsien-Ko/Hulk/Iron Man, Frank/Hsien-Ko/Iron Man
My goodness, mad respect for you. Using her in that game is even worse than using :4zelda:in Sm4sh. D:

P4A: Same :^)
Baka berserker hands off my waifus. >=(

I also noticed that I tend to play lame characters in fighting games, who just so happen to be waifu material enough for me to use and pick up~ :happysheep:

Only exception is UMvC3, because Taskmaster/Dormammu/Dr. Doom team is too stronk and I don't want to use Morrigan.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
@ Antonykun Antonykun your Wario is more than recent lol

A few musings:

Command grabs seem to be included in the "can't grab twice in quick succession" clause since you can't use Confusion right out of Mewtwo's DThrow.

The new conquest is garbage, "Shield Breakers" with Marth and Lucina separate and no DK lol. Add Yoshi and DK please.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Let's not call mine a competency list, but I'll throw it out before I drop off for sleep.

S(crub) - :4pikachu:
A(trocious) - :4greninja::4littlemac:
B(anal) - :4lucario::4miigun::4villager:
C(rap) - :4duckhunt::4ganondorf::4lucina:
D(on't bother) - :4miibrawl::4tlink::4sheik::4shulk::4sonic::4lemmy:
E(xpand) - :4dk:
F(***ed) - Everyone else.

I enjoy seeing other games' lists for curiosity's sake but have none of my own to contribute. Smash is the only fighter I'm any good at.

My goodness, mad respect for you. Using her in that game is even worse than using :4zelda:in Sm4sh. D:

Baka berserker hands off my waifus. >=(

I also noticed that I tend to play lame characters in fighting games, who just so happen to be waifu material enough for me to use and pick up~ :happysheep:

Only exception is UMvC3, because Taskmaster/Dormammu/Dr. Doom team is too stronk and I don't want to use Morrigan.
Almost forgot about UMvC3

I used to use Morrigan but the optimal way of playing her was laaaame. I used Wright at one point but dropped him because he's booty.

I mainly use Chris, Frank West, Akuma. I have RR also if I feel like it.

And yeah EODM, mad respect. Hsien-Ko is borderline unusable for me :(

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Other fighting games?

Marvel vs Capcom 3 - Spider-Man/Morrigan/Deadpool

Street Fighter IV - Sakura

Scarlet Weather Rhapsody - Marisa

Hisoutensoku - Alice

Hopeless Masquerade - Miko

Mortal Kombat 9 - Cyber Sub-Zero

Mortal Kombat X - Sub-Zero

Tatsunoko vs Capcom - Yatterman/Karas

Street Fighter vs Tekken - King/Poison (only because I never bought the DLC that would unlock Sakura, then it would be King/Sakura)

Playstation All-Stars - Sly Cooper

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
And yeah @ EODM07 EODM07 , mad respect. Hsien-Ko is borderline unusable for me :(
Thanks you two. :3
I was told by a friend of mine that I had a scary Hsien-Ko. I used her for mixed rushdown and defensive. Mainly used Hulk as an OTG assist for her, and as a combo extender for IM. Heck, I could get to Lv. 4 with Frank in one combo involving both IM & Hsien-Ko assists. :3 (Could also Zero-to-Death with Hulk involving Hsien & IM for 1 bar too.)
Last time I checked, I was at 3rd Lord rank on that game. Stopped there since I felt like getting to 2nd or 1st Lord is a bit too much of a mountain to climb imo.

Even though I did mention this before, but I once had a comeback with Hsien-Ko against a Team Trenchcoat. (I did have Gold Armour and Level 3 X-Factor.)

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I play Oni or Akuma in SFIV
:v
Kirby - Dair
Akuma - Dive Kick

That's cute. :kirby:

Other fighting games?

Tatsunoko vs Capcom - Yatterman/Karas
Imma guess Yatterman-1, because Yatterman-2 is good but not as good as her lover. He's annoying. =(
Everyone seems to love to use Karas, even though he's a high execution character but sucks anyway. :happysheep:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I forgot about MK9 and Playstation All-Stars lol.

Mortal Kombat 9 - Kitana, but I also play Jade and Sindel.

Playstation All-Stars - PaRappa the Rapper because YOU GOTTA BELIEVE

Is SkullGirls any good? It looks fun as hell, but idk i'm not a huge fan of 2D fighters in general.

Soul.

I tried out SF4 aometime ago lol. It was on 3DS... **** bruh, arcade fighting games don't work on a handheld.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I "sort of" play Phoenix Wright in UMvC... "sort of" as in, I press buttons, and he throws papers and sneezes at the enemy until he dies.

I'm not very good at this game

I can, sometimes, somehow get enough evidence to reach Turnabout mode, but not very often. If it does work, though...

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Kirby - Dair
Akuma - Dive Kick

That's cute. :kirby:

Imma guess Yatterman-1, because Yatterman-2 is good but not as good as her lover. He's annoying. =(
Everyone seems to love to use Karas, even though he's a high execution character but sucks anyway. :happysheep:
Actually I think I switched from Yatterman-1 to Yatterman-2. I'm pretty sure of it now, but it has been a while since I played.

I like Karas mainly because of his design. I'm a sucker for armors that cover the whole body like that and his looks really damn cool. It's part of why Alphonse is my favorite character in Fullmetal Alchemist and why I mained Cyber Sub-Zero in Mortal Kombat 9 (I love robots as well), I even had Cyrax as a secondary in that game.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I forgot about MK9 and Playstation All-Stars lol.

Mortal Kombat 9 - Kitana, but I also play Jade and Sindel.

Playstation All-Stars - PaRappa the Rapper because YOU GOTTA BELIEVE

Is SkullGirls any good? It looks fun as hell, but idk i'm not a huge fan of 2D fighters in general.
It is fun, plus its very artistic. I played alot of Skullgirls on Steam. Mained Squigly, Cerebella and Peacock. But I stopped playing it, and its changed so much that my original vanilla combos with them probably don't work anymore. (I once found on YouTube a great Squigly combo that can bait your opponent into bursting your combo, allowing you to start another combo.)

I'm not aware of how viability goes in TvC. All I know is, Zero is da bess and Ryu is really good. Frank is solid. Roll sucks

Is Karas really that bad?

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I forgot about Injustice
Ecitsujni si emal aoml

Ekat a bats ta ohw I dluow niam :^)

I'm not aware of how viability goes in TvC. All I know is, Zero is da bess and Ryu is really good. Frank is solid. Roll sucks

Is Karas really that bad?
Imo, top 5 are Zero, Tekkaman Blade, Yatterman-1, Ryu and Jun the Swan. Chun-Li is also OP with one of the better assists in the game too.

Frank is kinda bad in the game I find because he's kinda like the Ganondorf of the game. If he can get it going, he's gonna hit hard, but it's difficult to get it rolling in the first place.

Roll is bad, like V. Joe, Morrigan, Kaijin no Soki and of course, fricking Gold Lighthan lol

Karas has terrible damage output that needs high execution, and people burst out of it anyway. Also, his health is the worst in the game, so one wrong move and Baroque combos kill you in one shot.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
How do you use Phoenix Wright? Teach me sensei

Even though I made a guide in Shoryuken.. (Still proud until this day, even if I ripped the layout from Kartiscles)
Step One drop a Maya
Step Two pick up evidence
Step Three drop a Lariat
Step Four pick more evidence
Step Five drop a Maya
Step Six pick up all the evidence
Step Seven Objection
Step Eight GG

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Hmm... Soul Calibur: Yun-seong, Mitsurugi, Siegfried, Nightmare, and I guess Link when he was in SCII. Not really mains, but characters I like to use.

UMvC3: Dante, Vergil, and Deadpool. First two because of Devil May Cry and Deadpool because Deadpool. Maybe Iron Fist, Nova, Rocket Raccoon, Spider-Man, and Wolverine if I played more and didn't sell the game.

Didn't play KoF much, but Iori Yagami and King. Maybe Shen Woo, K', Kyo Kusanagi, and Robert Garcia. Oh, and Joe Higashi. Why? Nobuyuki Hiyama, Link's voice actor in Ocarina of Time. He's just so over the top!

If PSABR was actually good: (DmC) Dante, Sly Cooper, Ratchet & Clank, Jak & Daxter, and Raiden.

If I played Street Fighter: Sagat. I mean how could you not play as a badass with an eyepatch? :p

If I played Tekken: Steve Fox, Bruce Irwin, and Shaheen looks awesome from the released footage.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Step One drop a Maya
Step Two pick up evidence
Step Three drop a Lariat
Step Four pick more evidence
Step Five drop a Maya
Step Six pick up all the evidence
Step Seven Objection
Step Eight GG
I still remember when KagatoTheFinalBoss made two players mad about him using Wright. "Quit calling out Maya!". x3

Top Bottom