• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
IDK, there are several clone-able characters Peach>Daisy, Diddy>Dixie maybe, Ness>Lucas even though he is DLC now, same for Lucario>Mewtwo, Toon Link>Young Link, CF>Blood Falcon or black shadow, Pika>Pichu or Riachu, Jiggz>Wiggz, Sonic>Shadow, Mega Man>Proto Man or X maybe, Yoshi>Boshi. Mario>Paper Mario/golf mario/strikers/mario or any spinoff mario.
Sakurai gave us the Dark Pit alt for Pit too (HA pittoo) just to rub our faces in it.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
IDK, there are several clone-able characters Peach>Daisy, Diddy>Dixie maybe, Ness>Lucas even though he is DLC now, same for Lucario>Mewtwo, Toon Link>Young Link, CF>Blood Falcon or black shadow, Pika>Pichu or Riachu, Jiggz>Wiggz, Sonic>Shadow, Mega Man>Proto Man or X maybe, Yoshi>Boshi. Mario>Paper Mario/golf mario/strikers/mario or any spinoff mario.
You know I think most fans of those characters would rather have them be unique characters than have them be exact clones.

Though the same applies for those who did like Dark Pit in Uprising but at least he makes sense to be a moveset clone.

Also Mewtwo being a Lucario clone makes absolutely no sense.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Lucario in Brawl was basically a clone of Mewtwo in Melee or he at least filled the gap.
They share only one move and even then they worked differently lol. The rest was completely different.

People just called Lucario a Mewtwo clone because they were salty Mewtwo wasn't in.

Rizen

Smash Legend
They share only one move and even then they worked differently lol. The rest was completely different.

People just called Lucario a Mewtwo clone because they were salty Mewtwo wasn't in.
Mewtwo wouldn't have worked in Brawl so the revised the character and made him Lucario instead.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
You do realize that I give zero c*res about Sonic right? I just like him for his op final smash.
Hello?
I never said you did, what are you on about? Lol :p

Is there a link to the direct :) ?

NO YOU

@ CyberHyperPhoenix CyberHyperPhoenix Did you seriously use the XenoForo emotes? Brruuuuuuh
Uhhhhhh, I dunno? :p

Also, you guys are so cute complaining about a clone in your fighting game

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Mewtwo wouldn't have worked in Brawl so the revised the character and made him Lucario instead.
How the hell would Mewtwo not work in Brawl when literally everyone else did?

Mewtwo was going to be in Brawl and I thnk he was the most completed character among the ones that were found in data. Kinda hard to be a replacement when both characters were supposed to be in and just weren't because time constraints, which is probably the same reason Lucas wasn't in the initial roster of this one.

Not that I care that Mewtwo wasn't in Brawl since I was never a fan of his. But calling Lucario a replacement or a clone are both simply wrong lol.

I'm glad that people didn't throw as much of a fit once Greninja made it in, I was expecting a lot more backlash because of the whole fake out thing (even I thought it was Mewtwo returning instead of it being the frog).

Rizen

Smash Legend
^Clones don't have to work the same. I meant like how Lucas and Ness were clones despite playing very differently. Brawl clone levels, not melee clone levels.
complaining about a clone in your fighting game
Clones, it's plural. That way we can complain even more :p

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
^Clones don't have to work the same. I meant like how Lucas and Ness were clones despite playing very differently. Brawl clone levels, not melee clone levels.

Clones, it's plural. That way we can complain even more :p
Then I guess I'll consider Mewtwo a Samus clone now if just having one move in common with another character is enough to make them a clone character

So I guess Pokémon has two clones of a Metroid character =V

Rizen

Smash Legend
Then I guess I'll consider Mewtwo a Samus clone now if just having one move in common with another character is enough to make them a clone character

So I guess Pokémon has two clones of a Metroid character =V
Fine Falco isn't a Fox clone, Lucas isn't a Ness clone, etc. However you want to look at it.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
All of this pointless arguing will land you all in the :4darkpit: Tier gorls.

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
IDK, there are several clone-able characters Sonic>Shadow.
I would legit die if this happened. Shadow may be similar to Sonic in some ways, but their personalities and abilities are pretty much nothing alike. It would disgust me to see Shadow act like Sonic and copy his moves.

Metal Sonic would be a better choice, but even then there are massive personality/ability differences.

Falcon also starts with F

F-tier confurmed

Also, we will get Nathan Drake before we get Shadow /boldclaim

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
Also, we will get Nathan Drake before we get Shadow /boldclaim
lol

I know this is a joke, but Shadow is by far the most popular Sonic character outside of Sonic himself and they put him in freakin' everything. If SEGA gets a second rep through DLC I would not be surprised if they chose Shadow.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
I had a dream that the phantom slash move got replaced with a thoron like move based on that light magic attack from the final battle of Ocarina of Time. It would do a ton of damage, can't be reflected, and wouldn't need to be charged at all. It would also have meteor smash properties on aerial opponents and bury opponents on the ground. This part is based on the fact that Ganon is "held down" by the magic. Only downside is that it would have a ton of end lag based of the fact that Zelda looks very exhausted after using it in the game.

Then I woke up and realized that such a thing will never happen because who needs light magic with infinite range when you can "charge" a hunk of metal that takes 10 years to disappear, get's destroyed for 9 years by any of Ganondorf's attacks, travels 3 inches ahead of you at max distance AND can be reflected?

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Honestly Wario and Captain Falcon are probably bottom tier in regards to how much I like the character =V
I can see not liking Wario, but why Captain Falcon?

For me, I'm not especially fond of Ness, but that's mostly based on his sodium-inducing back-throw and "OKAY OKAY OKAY OKAY OKAY OKAY OKAY", and not because of his character in EarthBound (I never played enough of it to form an opinion on him as a character there). Also, :roypm: sucks as a character in Fire Emblem - not even teh ph1r3 saves him.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
My personal tier list would be something like

S (Amazing): :4greninja::4lucas:
A (Pretty good): :4lucario::4metaknight::4robinm::4lucina::4link::4peach::4samus:
B (Good): :rosalina::4yoshi::4mario::4luigi::4megaman::4shulk::4falco::4kirby::4ness::4palutena:
C (Okay-ish): :4pacman::4pit::4littlemac::4olimar::4sheik::4sonic::4tlink::4wiifit::4fox::4zelda::4villager:
D(on't care): :4bowser::4dk::4charizard::4dedede::4marth::4mewtwo::4myfriends::4jigglypuff::4pikachu::4rob::4zss::4darkpit::4drmario::4duckhunt::4ganondorf::4bowserjr:(and the koopalings too):4alph::4gaw::4diddy::4mii::4miif::4falcon:
E: (Bad): :4wario:

Shulk will likely go up a tier once I actually get to play his game =V

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
My personal tier list would be something like

S (Amazing): :4greninja::4lucas:
A (Pretty good): :4lucario::4metaknight::4robinm::4lucina::4link::4peach::4samus:
B (Good): :rosalina::4yoshi::4mario::4luigi::4megaman::4shulk::4falco::4kirby::4ness::4palutena:
C (Okay-ish): :4pacman::4pit::4littlemac::4olimar::4sheik::4sonic::4tlink::4wiifit::4fox::4zelda::4villager:
D(on't care): :4bowser::4dk::4charizard::4dedede::4marth::4mewtwo::4myfriends::4jigglypuff::4pikachu::4rob::4zss::4darkpit::4drmario::4duckhunt::4ganondorf::4bowserjr:(and the koopalings too):4alph::4gaw::4diddy::4mii::4miif::4falcon:
E: (Bad): :4wario:

Shulk will likely go up a tier once I actually get to play his game =V
There's something wrong with this tier list... I can't put my finger on it...

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Welp. I'm going to be trying to make my Uber team again for Doubles in ORAS. Just need a Pokemon for support... (Got Groudon, Giratina, Palkia, Xerneas and Yveltal. Was thinking Meowstic-Male, not sure about it now. :c)

Any good supporters to consider for my team?

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
I would legit die if this happened. Shadow may be similar to Sonic in some ways, but their personalities and abilities are pretty much nothing alike. It would disgust me to see Shadow act like Sonic and copy his moves.

Metal Sonic would be a better choice, but even then there are massive personality/ability differences.
>:4pit::4darkpit:
>:4marth::4lucina:

also why do I have 23 alerts

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Why the hell does 1.07 eat so many blocks. I can't download it now.

Top Bottom