• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Finished recording my replays.

What do you mean there's not enough space for the update?

Ugh

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla
Anyone hear the rumor of Roy and Ryu coming as DLC?

*Waits for "But Roy's already in Smash! :4roy:" joke*

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
i have 10 GB of replays saved on my computer

what do

That's what I say to myself about Zelda everytime a new Smash comes out and look how that ended up :^)

Seriously though, if you really like her then don't let her problems get in the way. If you enjoy a character, you have to work out their issues. But, if you really feel like her problems are too much for you, then eh whatever, I'm not going to force you to join the Elwind jab master race :4robinf:
I just tried her out. She's fine, but she still isn't really my type :^(

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
God ZSS is so freaking annoying.

And of course I lose a match to one because Greninja decided to bounce off the ledge with Hydro Pump

Siiiiiigh.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Mewtwo day 1 over

I never got out of the lab with him but I already feel like I'd sooner pick up Luigi as a serious secondary than him. I really don't like his double jump and I'm already developing horrible "just press dtilt/nair" habits. Character seems pretty good otherwise though, and I love usmash god damn that move is strong. Disable>partial charge usmash is a read/punish that's going to kill at like 60~70%, it's insane. Confusion>shield>OoS usmash is a nifty bait against opponents that try to challenge with an aerial out of it.

Probably going to mess around with the character more in the following days because mewtwo but eh, gotta say playing Rosa for 1 minute in training afterward to check something she feels way better in comparison now.

Watching Shofu's video of Mewtwo in 4Glory. He doesn't look low tier, imo. BUT, his physical attributes are disgusting.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Lighter than G&W still baffles me

I guess that's the tradeoff for getting all of range, kill power, recovery, and not-marth endlag/damage though

Still pleasantly surprised that he's only about as tall as Sheik this time, I was expecting him to be another Rosalina honestly.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I'll host
Wifi is throwing 018-0516, stand by.

[EDIT]: ****, it's a firewall issue. I'm on my work connection, firewall can't be bypassed.

Sorry homie, gotta take a rain check.

so long as you don't miss a spot
Homie I scrub so much they call me Mr. Clean.

The only spot I miss is anywhere in the top 50.

Last edited:

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
Wifi is throwing 018-0516, stand by.

[EDIT]: ****, it's a firewall issue. I'm on my work connection, firewall can't be bypassed.

Sorry homie, gotta take a rain check.

Homie I scrub so much they call me Mr. Clean.

The only spot I miss is anywhere in the top 50.
Okay yeah that's fine. Well, on that note, I'm still available to play on 3DS if anyone wants to.

Edit: @ Soul. Soul. Well my rooms open if you want to.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Whoa what? Seriously? I knew he was lighter than Rosalina but G&W? Oh boy.
Yeeeeeep...though he resists vertical KOs slightly better; dies 2% earlier than G&W to Fox fsmash but 2% later to Fox usmash.

He is just absurdly light.

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
Day 1 with Mewtwo went pretty well. Spent a good chunk of the day playing around with Shadowball's recoil and finding uses for it. I love all of his moment options in the air. 2 floaty jumps, teleport, confusion, and shadowball's recoil sliding shenanigans (really enjoying this one). He feels extremely mobile and I rarely feel I am in a spot where I can't get away from pressure if needed. Teleport has this awkward thing it does sometimes though where it just continues to float on reappearance. Had a couple of SD because of it early on. All and all I really enjoy how Mewtwo plays. Foot stools are evil though...

I don't think I played a single match today with any character but Mewtwo. As Shulk would say "I'm really feeling it!" :awesome:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Teleport has this awkward thing it does sometimes though where it just continues to float on reappearance. Had a couple of SD because of it early on.
Aerial Teleport kills vertical momentum but preserves horizontal on reappearance, it's really wonky. I had my fair share of SDs from it myself.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Neato, eh? Welcome to the Zelda Social aka Sassy Hell. :p
Mewtwo d-smash is a frame-21 move that is safe on standard block and spot-dodge.

Huh. Bizzare.

Zelda's fsmash may have been fixed in 1.0.6, but not everyone else was as lucky. :^(
Are Duck Hunt's Smashes considered projectiles? They sort of look like they have this shotgun effect where it's likely not going to be as accurate unless you're at the right distance or something.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
DH's Smashes are all wonky and unreliable. Fsmash kinda hits more consistently but it's too slow to be remotely viable.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
'Cause this is like the other Competitive discussion, anyone want to test this? From here: http://smashboards.com/threads/easy-pivoting-discovery.399253/.
In this update, they added a new mechanic that allows you to do smash attacks with b and I've been trying to exploit this, turns out it makes perfect pivoting much easier.

How To Do It

While holding down A+B you want to dash and flick the C-stick in the opposite direction your character is facing. this will create a pivoting effect.

HAVE FUN!! I will be posting more on how to exploit this if I find anything else. Currently, I'm trying to find out how to moonwalk (which is how I found this)

EDIT: I recommend turning one of your d-pads to b or another button you don't use because it's awkward to press a+b

Top Bottom