• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I miss @ Twili Twili stealing pages.

Yeah, kind of a pain sometimes when they just say, "character balance", and that's it. They could at least mention severe issues like if they patched out glitches like the giant Yoshi glitch or whatever. They don't need to mention in specific detail about anything, except those.
Trust me, she's probably lurking somewhere right now waiting for the chance to strike...

No one is safe.
Sneak peak at that Captain Falcon/Zelda fanfiction (I think it's safe to call it a Smash fanfic now)!

Just be warned, it's a little NSFW:
Somewhere in a bar in Hyrule

Link shuffled uneasily in his seat and looked down at his watch. It was 5:00 PM. Disgruntled, he let out a curse.

Captain Falcon, who was seated next to him, gave him a look.

“What’s the matter, kid? Never had lamb chops?”

Link was clearly angry. “Our client was supposed to be here an hour ago!”

Captain Falcon remained calm. “Hey, it means more beer for us.” He took a sip of his 37th beer.

Link shot him a nasty look. “You think that’s a good thing, huh? I’ve been forced to smell your dirty *** breath for over an hour! And it smells fishier than a prostitute’s crotch."

Captain Falcon was prepared to respond with a retort of his own, but, at that moment, the doors opened. In walked Ow the Ed-uh, I mean Shadow the Hedgehog. Behind him were two security guards dressed in S.W.A.T gear. When you’re as dark and edgy as Shadow was, you needed to arrive in style.

Edgy, er, Shadow took a seat across from Link and Captain Falcon. He removed his sunglasses, which were darker than Shadow’s edginess.

“Gentlemen,” He spoke in a voice that was somehow even lower than Celine Dion’s. “ Do you have the stuff?”

A waitress by the name of Palutena, dressed in a kinky bunny suit, came over to take Shadow’s order.

“I’ll take a martini. Shaken, not stirred,” Shadow told Palutena.

As Palutena rushed to get Shadow’s drink, Link took out a briefcase.

“Got all seven chaos emeralds,” Link said.

He handed the briefcase over to Shadow, who gleefully opened it up. Sure enough, there lay all seven chaos emeralds, neatly polished. Shadow picked one up and examined it.

Shadow let out a laugh. “Fellas, you haven’t let me down one bit. You know what they say, a deals a deal. When do you want the money?”

Link gave him a blank stare.

“Uh………..”

Captain Falcon butted in. “We’ll have the money by next week, if you may. We’re planning on purchasing some, uh, drugs with it. Say, what do you plan on doing with those emeralds?”

Shadow leaned in towards them and whispered. “Between you and me, I plan on selling these emeralds to some pirates in exchange for high-tech weapons. I’ll show the world how edgy I really am!”

Captain Falcon and Link exchanged looks.

“Well,” edg- I mean Shadow – said, while taking a sip of his martini that just arrived. “I better get going. Banks don’t rob themselves, ya know. But first, there’s something I gotta do.”

Shadow lifted one of his hands up. In it contained a stainless-steel M1911A1 pistol.

“I know who you two are. You’re ****ing cops.”

Captain Falcon gulped. “Now hold on a second there, Ow the Edgehog. I can assure you-“

Shadow cut him off. “You think I’m ****ing dumb, Captain? I found this in your car.”

Shadow tossed a pair of badges on the table. On them, in big bold letters, read, “HYRULE POLICE.”

Shadow cocked his M1911A1 pistol. “Any last words before I pump your guts full of lead?”

Link nodded. “Yeah, I’ve got some.”

Shadow turned to him. Link was grinning.

“This whole time, I’ve had my Glock pistol pointed at your tiny furry balls.”

BLAM! BLAM!

Link fired two shots into Shadow’s crotch, effectively ending his chances of ever having kids. Shadow screamed like a little schoolgirl. The two guards, who were flirting with a waitress named Lucina, turned at the sound of the commotion.

“Oh, ****! They blew Shadow’s ****ing balls off!”

Both guards raised their M4A1 assault rifles and fired. Fortunately for Link and Captain Falcon, they had flipped the table over, shielding them from the hail of bullets. Meanwhile, Shadow still screamed like a girl.

“Just like the good ol’ days, eh, Cap!” Link shouted.

Captain Falcon sighed.
I admit, I laughed a bit at the end.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I was playing FG Teams earlier when I ran into a Zelda player. Their tag was seriously "ImNotStr8"

It isssssssssssssssssssss not safe to post the full pic here.

I'll gladly PM it to you, though.~
Hey, you know the policy! ):<
You share it with the staff (or with me at least) or else.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I still have a lot of replays to save on my computer...
Me too

I dunno how much I can care about though, I'm not thrilled about recording an hour of footage on a potato cell phone cam.

Speaking of, most awkward way I've ever won a match:

Remember to sing this song! : http://smashboards.com/posts/18944779/

Actual patch changes:

:4diddy:
- Decreased damage on u-air by 1%
- Decreased damage on f-air by 2%
- Slightly decreased knockback on d-throw
- Decreased damage on d-tilt by 0.7%

- Peanuts are more spammable
- 2 bananas!

:4sheik:
- F-air's knockback reduced slightly
- F-air deals 1% more damage
- Sheik's back throw's knockback = Ness b-throw
- Needles are much more spammable
- Bouncing fish has no cooldown whatsoever
- Sheik's forward B is faster
- Sheik's d-smash's knockback significantly increased
- Sheik's b-air knockback = Ganondorf's b-air knockback

:4sonic:
- Replaced with Sonic boom

:4zelda:
- 0.7% buff to din's fire

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Remember to sing this song! : http://smashboards.com/posts/18944779/

Actual patch changes:

:4diddy:
- Decreased damage on u-air by 1%
- Decreased damage on f-air by 2%
- Slightly decreased knockback on d-throw
- Decreased damage on d-tilt by 0.7%

- Peanuts are more spammable
- 2 bananas!

:4sheik:
- F-air's knockback reduced slightly
- F-air deals 1% more damage
- Sheik's back throw's knockback = Ness b-throw
- Needles are much more spammable
- Bouncing fish has no cooldown whatsoever
- Sheik's forward B is faster
- Sheik's d-smash's knockback significantly increased
- Sheik's b-air knockback = Ganondorf's b-air knockback

:4sonic:
- Replaced with Sonic boom

:4zelda:
- 0.7% buff to din's fire
I can see it happening. :laugh:

thehard

Smash Lord
NNID
Barbecutie
Let's all be very grateful we live in the age of easy patches. A couple of years ago we'd have to put up with that monkey for 6+ years. It's humbling.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Let's all be very grateful we live in the age of easy patches. A couple of years ago we'd have to put up with that monkey for 6+ years. It's humbling.
Metaknight was worse. Although, I'm glad they slightly nerfed Diddy in this game.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
We also would've had to put up with the BS that was 1.0.0 Rosalina

and 1.0.0 Sheik

and vectoring (and wectoring)

I don't think I would've stuck with this game long if patches didn't exist tbh

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Or a failtage like shofu. :p
Usually when I fail badly I'm too busy getting upset that I made such a dumb mistake to save the replay =V

And since I mentioned it, wow, my montage video already has over 1100 views in little over a month. I guess it's pretty good for a new channel.

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
I miss @ Twili Twili stealing pages.
Someone actually misses me doing that? I take/took so many pages in my home group that I always think people just get irritated.
Trust me, she's probably lurking somewhere right now waiting for the chance to strike...

No one is safe.
:smirk:

This was obligatory.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Don't forget 1.0.0 Greninja
I'm still not convinced 1.0.0 frog was even top 5 honestly

usmash and shurikens were silly and his kill power was better, but he still had the worst OoS options in the game and committed hard to all his moves that weren't usmash (which still wasn't safe on shield iirc). SS landing lag cancel was a neat mixup, though SS was even laggier in 1.0.0 too.

EDIT: My last pre-1.0.4 list had him #6, below Diddy, Sheik, ZSS, Fox, and Lucario.

Last edited:

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
I'm still not convinced 1.0.0 frog was even top 5 honestly

usmash and shurikens were silly and his kill power was better, but he still had the worst OoS options in the game and committed hard to all his moves that weren't usmash (which still wasn't safe on shield iirc). SS landing lag cancel was a neat mixup, though SS was even laggier in 1.0.0 too.
He wasn't but he was top 10. Now he's top 15 at best.

Unless you want to argue with someone who thinks Greninja is low tier at best. :smirk:
Or bottom 5 because frame data determines all

I'm gonna give Zelda another shot. I'll drop her in maybe a week. Patch might do some changes though so whatever.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Eh, SS Landing Lag cancel would be pretty useless in the long run since people would be aware of it and it's not exactly very hard to shield SS on reaction because of the start up so I don't think it would make too much of a difference in the meta.

I'm pretty sure Nintendo won't undo any of the nerfs they gave Greninja in 1.0.4 except maybe making so that people can't fall out of Up-Air.

If I were to buff Greninja without undoing any of his nerfs I would pretty much:

- Increase the damage on D-Tilt a bit (if I'm right hitstun depends on damage dealt so a d-tilt damage buff would let it combo into Up-Smash a lot more reliably, maybe even F-Air.)
- Less start-up on his standing grab because seriously.
- Less end lag on F-Tilt
- Make Substitute more reliable.
- Make Hydro Pumping into a wall make Greninja wall cling instead of bouncing off.

Those are all very minor things that probably wouldn't make Greninja much better (except maybe the standing grab thing) but would definitely be good improvements.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Who would think Greninja is low tier. He was nerfed but not to the point he's low tier.
Read what beserker. said.

Or bottom 5 because frame data determines all

I'm gonna give Zelda another shot. I'll drop her in maybe a week. Patch might do some changes though so whatever.
It's one of the reasons why Greninja, Shulk, Ike?, and more are considered bad characters according to this individual. Funny enough, this individual feels like Falco's a mixed bag because of Falco's frame data. Then again, you look at Falco, Samus, and Dr. Mario and frame data does nothing besides keep them from getting bodied to hell and back. Could you imagine what it would be like if they had frame data slower than Shulk? We're talking about a character who's suffers with approaching, a character who's reliant on one move for a clean kill after a setup and is limited in what she can do, and a character suffers with poor mobility and recovering. Give them Shulk's frame data, but worse and you'd have characters that would make Brawl Ganondorf look god tier.

Rosalina comes to mind as having pretty average frame data, especially since she and Zelda have similar frame data. The difference besides their Specials? Disjoints, mobility, and Luma. I believe all of Rosalina's aerials are disjointed which is already ridiculous since she's tall which means even more range. Lavani probably knows more about this, but seriously, it's stupid when you can't challenge her aerials. For Luma, yeah. Luma can juggle and kill DK at 22% on Halberd. A heavyweight can die like that just because of one stupid move.

Captain Falcon's frame data is actually average and that's a good thing since if he was any faster, he'd be broken. His godplayer Jab is a frame 3 hit compared to Fox, Falco, Mario, and a ton of others with a frame 2 Jab or Little Mac and ZSS having a frame 1 Jab. His fastest aerial which is shared with Ganondorf is his frame 6 Uair. Ever wonder why his disadvantage is said to be bad? That's a reason because his Nair despite being a good move, comes out at frame 7 while his only options of challenging downwards is with a frame 16 Dair - same hit frames as Falco and Ganondorf - and Falcon Kick. The Capt. makes up for this by having an amazing Dash Grab, power, and raw speed, but his recovery, poor disadvantage, and sometimes linearity stops him from being too good. The Capt. is the quintessential all-out fighter. As I look at Captain Falcon more, he's probably one of the most balanced characters who's good, but not broken in anyway - even his disjoints on his Dash Attack and Rapid Jab Finisher aren't that bad. Mario, Fox - ignoring Jab cancel -, and Yoshi also count as well. They work without anything insane like Diddy being fast, strong, and mobile, Sheik being really mobile and fast, or Sonic being strong while fast - his frame data is also good from what I hear, but most people would rather camp with Spin Dash and Charge.

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
It's one of the reasons why Greninja, Shulk, Ike?, and more are considered bad characters according to this individual. Funny enough, this individual feels like Falco's a mixed bag because of Falco's frame data. Then again, you look at Falco, Samus, and Dr. Mario and frame data does nothing besides keep them from getting bodied to hell and back. Could you imagine what it would be like if they had frame data slower than Shulk? We're talking about a character who's suffers with approaching, a character who's reliant on one move for a clean kill after a setup and is limited in what she can do, and a character suffers with poor mobility and recovering. Give them Shulk's frame data, but worse and you'd have characters that would make Brawl Ganondorf look god tier.

Rosalina comes to mind as having pretty average frame data, especially since she and Zelda have similar frame data. The difference besides their Specials? Disjoints, mobility, and Luma. I believe all of Rosalina's aerials are disjointed which is already ridiculous since she's tall which means even more range. Lavani probably knows more about this, but seriously, it's stupid when you can't challenge her aerials. For Luma, yeah. Luma can juggle and kill DK at 22% on Halberd. A heavyweight can die like that just because of one stupid move.

Captain Falcon's frame data is actually average and that's a good thing since if he was any faster, he'd be broken. His godplayer Jab is a frame 3 hit compared to Fox, Falco, Mario, and a ton of others with a frame 2 Jab or Little Mac and ZSS having a frame 1 Jab. His fastest aerial which is shared with Ganondorf is his frame 6 Uair. Ever wonder why his disadvantage is said to be bad? That's a reason because his Nair despite being a good move, comes out at frame 7 while his only options of challenging downwards is with a frame 16 Dair - same hit frames as Falco and Ganondorf - and Falcon Kick. The Capt. makes up for this by having an amazing Dash Grab, power, and raw speed, but his recovery, poor disadvantage, and sometimes linearity stops him from being too good. The Capt. is the quintessential all-out fighter. As I look at Captain Falcon more, he's probably one of the most balanced characters who's good, but not broken in anyway - even his disjoints on his Dash Attack and Rapid Jab Finisher aren't that bad. Mario, Fox - ignoring Jab cancel -, and Yoshi also count as well. They work without anything insane like Diddy being fast, strong, and mobile, Sheik being really mobile and fast, or Sonic being strong while fast - his frame data is also good from what I hear, but most people would rather camp with Spin Dash and Charge.

I am trying to study, short posts work better for breaks

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I actually read everything. Although that essay sort of came out of no where.

I still refuse to believe that it's okay for Falcon to have those disjoints.
I don't know why his and Ganondorf's Dash Attacks have disjoints. I can understand why Ganondorf's uppercut for Dark Dive/Fists has a disjoint because of dark magic and their Side Smashes having disjoints because of the elemental factor, but the range on Captain Falcon's rapid jab finisher is pushing it. Some disjoint is okay, but not where he can hit you while you're like sitting across from him distance. I'd be okay if there was like maybe a fist-length of disjoint similar to his Side Smash as a way of saying Captain Falcon can punch the air hard enough he creates shockwaves, but the current range is just insane.

Edit: Oh, and Link's stupid horizontal disjoint on his Dair. :glare:

I am trying to study, short posts work better for breaks
Read or Die. :p

Last edited:
Top Bottom